Roman Catholic church worker who stole £100,000 that could have been used to help the homeless and food banks to fund a ‘high lifestyle’ avoids jail

A church worker has avoided jail after stealing nearly £100,000 from the Diocese of Westminster, money that could have been used to support the homeless and food banks. 

Francisca Yawson, 37, made nine bank transfers to herself while she was a gift aid and operations technician for the central London division of the Roman Catholic Church between September 2018 and August 2019, Southwark Crown Court heard.

Yawson, who gave birth to her fourth child in October, previously pleaded guilty to nine counts of theft and was sentenced on Friday to two years in prison, suspended for two years.

Judge Mark Weekes said: ‘All in all, you were funding yourself to a reasonably good standard of lifestyle – grossly and dishonestly.’

Judge Weekes said that the money could have been used to help the homeless and families fed through food banks, adding that it would be on her ‘conscience’ that children may have gone hungry ‘while you were helping yourself to a high lifestyle’.

He said that the case had seen a ‘shocking’ delay after police wrongfully closed the investigation between 2021 and 2025, which he said had produced a ‘different outcome’.

The judge said that had sentencing for her ‘meanness and selfishness’ taken place in 2019 or 2020, she would likely have been jailed.

He told her that she was ‘lucky because of the passage of time’, urging her to reflect on ‘the very real damage you caused to people less fortunate than you’.

Keep reading

Kincora: British intelligence-run sex abuse brothel?

Half a century after the public learned that boys at a Belfast group home were sexually assaulted by senior staff, a key question remains unanswered: was British intelligence implicated in the abuse conspiracy, and did Kincora serve as a ‘honeypot’ to entrap and blackmail powerful figures?

A vast trove of declassified files on Jeffrey Epstein’s sexual, political, and intelligence escapades released by the US Department of Justice has once again thrust disgraced former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor into the spotlight. With British police reportedly reviewing Andrew’s past sexual activities and links to Epstein, questions are growing about whether Britain’s spy agencies were aware of Andrew’s alleged escapades with minors.

If the darkest rumors turn out to be true, it will not be the first time a British royal had been embroiled in a child rape conspiracy with spy agency involvement. Back in 1980, a scandal erupted when the Kincora Boys’ Home in occupied Ireland was exposed as a secret brothel run by powerful pedophiles. Chief among the alleged perpetrators was Lord Mountbatten — Andrew’s great-uncle.

From the very beginning, hints began to appear that MI5/MI6 knew of the child abuse taking place Kincora, and could have even been running the group home as part of a dastardly intelligence plot. With Britain’s domestic and foreign spies engaged in a savage dirty war in Ireland, and both services running operatives in Republican and Unionist paramilitaries, Kincora would have provided an ideal means of recruiting and compromising potential assets. Official investigations have strongly insinuated British intelligence chiefs had a close bond with many individuals who ran the Boys’ Home. 

In May 2025, veteran BBC journalist Chris Moore published a forensic account of the case titled Kincora: Britain’s Shame. Featuring four and a half decades of firsthand research by the author, its groundbreaking contents have been met with general silence by British mainstream media.

In the book, Moore argues persuasively that the Boys’ Home was just one component of a more extensive child abuse network extending across British-occupied Ireland and beyond — in which London’s spying apparatus was not only aware, but likely complicit. 

In 2023, Moore met personally with Kincora victim Arthur Smyth in Australia. Smyth’s stay at the Home was brief, but the horrors he endured there left him scarred forever.

“Having interviewed a number of Kincora survivors, I found Arthur’s story familiar. Sent to the Boys’ Home by a Belfast divorce court judge aged 11, he was continually preyed upon by the pedophiles who ran it, and intimidated into silence,” Moore told The Grayzone. “Arthur was also brutally abused repeatedly by a man he knew only as ‘Dickie’, who raped him while bending him over a desk.”

In August 1979, two years after Smyth escaped Kincora, he learned the true identity of ‘Dickie’ was none other than Louis Francis Albert Victor Nicholas Mountbatten, a member of the royal family and Queen Elizabeth II’s cousin. Mountbatten had just been murdered in an apparent IRA bombing attack on his fishing boat off the coast of Ireland. Though the British government appears to remain committed to concealing his crimes from the public, Mountbatten’s pedophilia was common knowledge among both British and US intelligence for decades.

As early as World War II, the FBI had identified Mountbatten as “a homosexual with a perversion for young boys.” A Bureau file detailing this was later identified by historian Andrew Lownie. After requesting other files the Bureau maintained on the royal, Lownie was informed by US authorities they had been destroyed.

Lownie says he was told by an FBI official that the files were only disposed of “after [he] asked for them” — indicating they were “clearly” shredded at the request of the British government.

Keep reading

British Police Open Investigation Into Peter Mandelson Over Sharing of Confidential Documents With Jeffrey Epstein – Former Ambassador to the US Resigns From the House of Lords

Mandelson is under heavy fire for his close ties to Epstein.

The Metropolitan Police in London has launched a criminal investigation into allegations that disgraced former British Ambassador to the US, Lord Peter Mandelson, passed ‘market-sensitive information’ to Jeffrey Epstein.

This comes as the disgraced Labour peer has been forced to resign from the House of Lords.

Daily Mail reported:

“Files released by the US Department of Justice apparently showed Lord Mandelson giving material to the pedophile financier while serving as business secretary in Gordon Brown’s Labour administration as it dealt with the 2008 financial crash and its aftermath.

The Cabinet Office had passed material to the police after an initial review of documents released as part of the so-called Epstein files found they contained ‘likely market-sensitive information’ and official handling safeguards had been ‘compromised’.”

Keep reading

Congressional Report Warns Britain Is Exporting Censorship Worldwide

The government of British Prime Minister Keir Starmer has been directly named in a new United States congressional report that condemns Britain for adopting what it calls “copycat censorship laws,” warning that the country’s digital regulations now pose “a direct threat” to free speech.

The document, published by the United States House Committee on the Judiciary, describes an expanding campaign led by the European Commission to impose “strict digital censorship laws” on global technology platforms.

Lawmakers in Washington identified the Online Safety Act as the clearest example of this approach spreading beyond the European Union.

The Act was introduced with the stated goal of improving online safety, but it requires platforms such as X, Reddit, and TikTok to install age verification systems and remove material deemed harmful by regulators.

US lawmakers say these provisions give the British government broad authority to dictate what can and cannot be said online.

Keep reading

London authorities ban ‘Walk with Jesus’ march in Muslim-majority neighborhood

The Metropolitan Police banned a “Walk with Jesus” event from taking place in a London borough, citing concerns it would provoke the members of the community.

In a December social media post, the United Kingdom Independence Party announced a march scheduled for January 31 in Whitechapel, a predominantly Muslim community.

“Join our parade in Whitechapel worshipping Jesus Christ,” the post reads, describing the month as “dedicated to the holy name of Jesus.”

UKIP encouraged individuals who wished to participate in the march to gather outside Whitechapel Tube Station.

“Christ is King,” UKIP wrote. “All the Glory and honour to him.”

The Metropolitan Police revealed on January 23 that it was imposing conditions on the march “to prevent disorder.” Those conditions included a ban on anyone taking part in the event “in the London borough of Tower Hamlets,” which encompasses Whitechapel.

Keep reading

The Government IS OBSESSED With Making Britain’s Countryside ‘Less White’

The British countryside is under siege from diversity mandates that aim to transform it into a “less white environment,” with officials in areas of natural beauty like the Chilterns and Cotswolds pledging to draw in more ethnic minorities under Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra) guidance.

This push stems from reports warning that rural spaces risk becoming “irrelevant” in a multicultural society, dominated by the “white middle class,” prompting commitments to outreach, diverse staffing, and even dog control measures to make the outdoors more appealing.

The Telegraph reports that National Landscapes—formerly Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB)—and local councils have adopted diversity targets following Defra-commissioned studies.

In the Chilterns, proposals include community outreach to attract Muslims from nearby Luton, recruiting diverse staff, and producing marketing materials featuring ethnic minorities in “community languages.”

Research cited suggests tighter dog controls, as some groups fear them.

Keep reading

Three-year-old ultra-Orthodox Jewish children told ‘the non-Jews’ are ‘evil’ in worksheet produced by London school

British three-year-olds have been told “the non-Jews” are “evil” in a Kindergarten worksheet handed out at ultra-Orthodox Jewish schools in north London, it can be revealed.

Documents seen by The Independent show children are taught about the horrors of the Holocaust when they are still in kindergarten at the Beis Rochel boys’ school in north London.

A whistle-blower, who wished to remain anonymous, has shown The Independent a worksheet given to boys aged three and four at the school. In it, children were asked to complete questions related to the holiday of 21 Kislev, observed by Satmer Jews as the day its founder and holy Rebbe, Rabbi Yoel Teitelbaum, escaped the Nazis.

The document refers to Nazis only as “goyim” – a term for non-Jews some people argue is offensive.

Emily Green, who used to teach at the same Beis Rochel girls’ secondary school, now chairs the Gesher EU organisation which supports ultra-Orthodox Jews who want to leave the community.

“It’s not uncommon to be taught non-Jewish people are evil in ultra-Orthodox Jewish schools. It is part of the prayers, teaching, their whole ethos,” she said.

Describing it as a form of “indoctrination”, Ms Green added: “Psychologically, you become so afraid of the world out there after being taught how dangerous and bad and evil non-Jews are, that it makes it harder to leave.”

Independently translated from Yiddish for The Independent, the worksheet’s first question reads: “What have the evil goyim (non-Jews) done with the synagogues and cheders [Jewish primary schools]?” The answer in the completed worksheet reads: “Burned them.”

Another question asks: “What did the goyim want to do with all the Jews?” – to which the answer, according to the worksheet, is: “Kill them.”.

“It doesn’t explicitly refer to the Holocaust,” the source said. “It’s a document that teaches very young children to be very afraid and treat non-Jews very suspiciously because of what they did to us in the past.

“It’s not a history lesson – you can’t say that. It’s a parable that is actively teaching the children extremism, hatred and a fear for the outside world.”

A spokesperson for Beis Rochel said that the worksheets would be amended and apologised for any offence. However they argued the phrase “goyim” was not offensive and accusations that they were indoctrinating children were “without basis”. “The language we used was not in any way intended to cause offence, now this has been brought to our attention, we will endeavour to use more precise language in the future.”

Keep reading

Hero British Bus Driver Fired For Stopping Thief And Protecting Passenger

In a nation where self-defense is apparently a fireable offense, Mark Hehir, a dedicated London bus driver, has been hailed as a hero by the public but sacked by his employer for daring to chase down a thief who snatched a passenger’s necklace.

This absurdity highlights how the UK’s bureaucratic overlords prioritize corporate protocols over actual justice, leaving ordinary citizens vulnerable to rampant crime while the establishment looks the other way.

Hehir’s act of bravery, which even the police deemed “proportionate and necessary,” has sparked petitions, fundraisers, and widespread fury online. But in today’s Britain, where globalist policies have eroded basic freedoms, punishing the good guys seems to be the new normal—echoing a broader decline that sees literal convicted terrorists eyeing political power while heroes like Hehir get the boot.

Keep reading

Former US ambassador Peter Mandelson pictured in the Epstein Files standing in his underpants in paedophile financier’s home

An extraordinary photograph emerged of what appears to be Peter Mandelson standing in his underpants in one of the homes of paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

The photograph, which has been released as part of the Epstein files, apparently shows Lord Mandelson, the UK’s former ambassador to the US, talking to a woman who is wearing a white bath robe.

A source close to Lord Mandelson said that the peer had no recollection of the photograph being taken and had no idea where it was taken or who had taken it.

Wearing a dark t-shirt and white Y-fronts, Lord Mandelson – who was fired as UK ambassador US last September when the depth of his links Epstein became public – appears to casually chat to the young woman.

The former Labour Cabinet minister points to a computer tablet inside what appears to be a room inside Epstein’s New York mansion.

New emails released on Friday as part of three million documents related to the child sex offender show Epstein sent £10,000 to Mandelson’s Brazilian husband Reinaldo Avila da Silva to pay for an osteopathy course.

Da Silva emailed Epstein on September 7, 2009 – two months after the paedophile was released from prison after serving 12 months of an 18-month sentence on child sex offences – and asked for money.

At the time, Mandelson was business secretary and in a relationship with Da Silva. The pair married in 2023.

Keep reading

Lucy Letby is victim of greatest miscarriage of justice in decades, says cop who caught ‘Angel of Death’ Beverley Allitt

THE cop who caught serial baby-killer ­Beverley Allitt has told of his belief that jailed nurse Lucy Letby is innocent of the crime.

Retired Det Supt Stuart Clifton has been reviewing the evidence against the 36-year-old — serving 15 whole-life sentences for murdering seven babies and attempting to kill seven others at Countess of Chester hospital.

And Stuart, who nailed Angel of Death Allitt in 1991, said: “This is likely the greatest miscarriage of justice this century .”

The development comes after police last week confirmed Letby faces no further charges — offering her hope that the Criminal Cases Review Commission will sanction a new appeal.

And a hearing yesterday laid the groundwork to reopen inquests into Letby’s victims.

Keep reading