This one should make any 2nd Amendment supporter angry. An Ohio man was denied when he tried to renew his concealed carry permit.
Lamont Gist attempted to renew his permit just outside of Cleveland at a sheriff’s office. When the staff told him he was being rejected, he began recording the conversation because he felt the denial was unfair.
“I got my social; I got both my IDs right here, how can you not establish my identity? You’re not explaining to me why,” he said.
Gist told Cleveland 19 that he “originally got his CCW in 2016 after a man robbed and shot him near St. Clair and East 112th street.”
“I just know I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and luckily I made it out alive,” he said, noting that he still has one of the bullets in his body.
”I never carried a gun before I got shot,” Gist said. “The CCW is for my protection and nothing else. I’m not out here being a violent person.”
The deputies denied his renewal because he appeared in a rap video with his brother. One of the officials held up a picture from the video, which was uploaded to YouTube in 2018.
Twenty-something Twitter employees with Starbucks lattes are now the authorities in law and science versus respected, long-time attorneys who have fought corruption their entire lives.
Mr. Prashant Bhushan is an Advocate-on-Record for the Supreme Court of India. He is one of few people allowed by law to plead for or against litigants before the country’s highest court. Mr. Bhushan could have made millions working as a corporate or civil lawyer. But instead he has worked as a human rights attorney helping those most in need. Mr. Bhushan’s distinguished career has led to 2.1 million Twitter followers and an engaged, international audience. Twitter did not get the memo.
The meta-analysis “Facemasks in the COVID-19 era: A health hypothesis” was published in the peer-reviewed journal Medical Hypotheses in November. Science Direct re-published the article in January. In other words, it isn’t even a “new” study, per se. Dr. Baruch Vainshelboim of the Cardiology Division, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System/Stanford University, authored the study.
Facebook is blocking links to a New York Post story that exposes Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Khan-Cullors’ controversial recent home buying spree, preventing users from sharing the link publicly or via private message.
The Post article from April 10 is headlined ‘Inside BLM co-founder Patrisse Khan-Cullors’ million-dollar real estate buying binge’ and reveals how Khan-Cullors, a self-described Marxist, recently purchased four high-end homes for a total of $3.2 million.
As we previously highlighted, one of the homes, a $1.4 million dollar property, is located in Topanga Canyon, California, where the black population is just 1.6 per cent.
Another of the homes, a “custom ranch” located in Georgia, is surrounded by “3.2 rural acres” and features a “private airplane hangar with a studio apartment above it” in addition to an indoor swimming pool.
After one BLM activist called for an investigation into how finances were being used, other prominent figures within BLM threatened legal action against him.
Now Facebook is completely blocking users from posting a link to the original NY Post story in yet another brazen act of partisan censorship.
When attempting to post the link, the user is met with the message, “Your post couldn’t be shared, because this link goes against our Community Standards.”
Amidst yet another night of violent unrest in Minnesota, Google is effectively shadow banning searches for “riots today” despite other search engines providing links to stories about the riots when the same search term is used.
Black Lives Matter agitators rioted and looted for a second night in Minnesota despite the deployment of the National Guard.
The unrest is in response to the police shooting of Daunte Wright, who resisted arrest after cops stopped him for a traffic violation.
The killing is being described as an example of “systemic racism” despite the fact that Wright was shot by a dumb female officer who mistook a gun for a taser.
Apparently, Google is keen to not have the disorder that followed be described as “riots,” despite the fact that is precisely what happened.
Sports journalist Jason Whitlock has been locked out of his Twitter account for daring to criticise the Marxist founder of Black Lives Matter who recently spent millions on FOUR new homes.
Whitlock slammed Twitter’s actions, emphasising that “BLM is one of Big Tech’s sacred cows,” adding “I’ve been harping on the fraudulence and the financial grift of BLM for years.”
“I think Twitter has been looking for an excuse to de-platform me,” Whitlock further told the Daily Mail.
In further comments, Whitlock noted that he isn’t going to remove the tweet at the behest of Twitter.
“They want you to remove the tweet to start your 12 hour sentence. Why should I remove the tweet? They have already removed it. I sat back and said I’m going to do nothing, and see where this story goes.” Whitlock stated.
“I’m going to play Nelson Mandela in the Twitter jail,” he added.
Whitlock also urged that BLM leaders are “making millions of dollars off the backs of these dead black men who they wouldn’t spit on if they were on fire and alive.”
If you want to take over the world, build an American corporate empire to monopolize the public square and ban dissent. Then, form a corporate coalition of like-minded peers who graduated from the same elite universities where wokeism is indoctrinated as a secular religion to strategize on circumventing republican governance. Over the weekend, more than 100 corporate executives met to do just that.
“More than 100 of the nation’s top corporate leaders met virtually on Saturday to discuss ways for companies to continue responding to the passage of more restrictive voting laws across the country,” CBS News reported, in “a signal that the nation’s premier businesses are preparing a far more robust, organized response to the ongoing debate.”
I posted Episode 398 of The Corbett Report podcast, “Science Says,” around 10 PM Japanese Standard Time on Friday, April 9th, 2021, and then went to bed. Sometime shortly after midnight, the main Corbett Report channel was removed from YouTube.
And, just like that, 14 years of work—some 1700+ videos, 569,000+ subscribers and 90 million+ video views—was erased from the digital ether. . . . Well, the GooTube portion of that digital ether, anyway.
Given that I’ve been promoting YouTube alternatives since at least 2009, and given that I have made video after video after video after video after video warning my audience that I would be banned from GooTube, and given that I even delivered a presentation last year noting that The Library of Alexandria is on Fire, it’s safe to say that this news did not catch me off guard. Learning about the banning after waking up on Saturday morning, my only thought was, “Well, that took longer than I expected.”
Indeed, it was not surprising in any sense that this was the report that led to GooTube purging my main channel. When you release a video on an account that already has two strikes for information that “contradicts the World Health Organization (WHO) or local health authorities’ medical information about COVID-19” and that video itself contains information calling those very authorities’ pronouncements into question, you better believe the thought that this might be your last YouTube upload crosses your mind when you push that publish button. Heck, the “offending” podcast even centers around an op ed comparing COVID skeptics to terrorists and calling for the UN to mount a “counteroffensive” against them. Of course this video was going to be censored.
…but, constituents to remain fair game for abuse from party apparatchiks.
A colleague forwarded me the text of an article from Blackrocks Reporter, which covers Canadian politics from Ottawa, our capitol.
It’s a report on Federal Heritage Minister Steven Guibeault’s ongoing vendetta against non-conforming political speech on the internet, in which he’s calling for censorship of “hurtful” comments against politicians and implementation of an internet killswitch to facilitate it.
Blackrocks is behind a paywall, permit me to quote it here:
‘Federal internet censors should target hurtful words against politicians, says Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault. The Minister added pending regulations may include an internet kill switch to block websites deemed hurtful, but called it a “nuclear” option.
“We have seen too many examples of public officials retreating from public service due to the hateful online content targeted towards themselves or even their families,” said Guilbeault. “I have seen firsthand alongside other Canadians the damaging effects harmful content has on our families, our values and our institutions. As a dad and a stepdad to six kids, I know more can and should be done to create a safer online environment.”
Guilbeault made his remarks in a podcast sponsored by Canada 2020, an Ottawa think tank affiliated with the Liberal Party. Legislation to censor internet content will be introduced shortly, he said.
“I am confident we can get this adopted,” said Guilbeault. “Once the legislation is adopted, clearly creating a new body, a new regulator like that in Canada, would take some time.”’
The same story is covered here by the Post Millienial (the rest of Canada’s “approved media”, as in the ones who received hundreds of millions in tax breaks and subsidies from the Federal Government in the run up to the last election, are not giving it a lot of airtime for some reason).