Outrage After Florida Teachers Union Says Children Protesting ICE is ‘Required’

It is hard to see public education in America as anything more than indoctrination factories.  The latest efforts to push a far-left agenda are unfolding in anti-ICE rhetoric and demonstrations taking place at schools across the country, spurred on by teachers and administrators.

Now, remarks by Zander Moricz, Executive Director and Founder of the Social Equity and Education (SEE) Alliance at a February 2026 press conference hosted by the Florida Education Association (FEA), Zander Moricz, Executive Director and Founder of the Social Equity and Education (SEE) Alliance, are making headlines.

Moricz suggests that children protesting ICE is ‘required.’

Moricz stated, “Florida students are confronted with videos of ICE rates, of families being torn apart, and of Americans being murdered for using their constitutional rights. They respond. They organize, they speak out, and they do what American students have always done in moments of injustice.”

“They stand together and demand safety for their peers, their families, and themselves. And that response, while framed by some politicians as radical, is rather than reasonable.”

“It’s rational, and in a moment it is required.”

“To any students being told that they do not have the right to speak out or walk out on their campus, I want to be clear. This is the United States of America. You do not shed your First Amendment rights when you step foot through the school.”

Keep reading

Department of Education Hopes to Pin Down the Transgender Wrestler Nonsense in Washington

What happened to Kallie Keeler in Washington during a wrestling match shouldn’t have happened. Last December, Keeler was wrestling someone in her 190-pound weight class that was a bit different: it was a transgender. Keeler lost, but it wasn’t much of a contest. It’s not that Keeler couldn’t handle her opponent; it’s that she felt violated during the bout. The opponents pressed hard into her genital region, and the look of shock is visible on her face. The incident was captured on video.

Keeler allowed herself to get pinned to end the match. 

The incident has been characterized as a potential sexual assault, and now the federal government is getting involved. The Department of Education opened an investigation into this fiasco. Keeler reported the incident two days after her match on December 8. Nothing happened for two months until local officials felt pressured once independent media, like Brandi Kruse’s UnDivided, started to ask questions (via KOMO): 

U.S. Secretary of Education Linda McMahon announced Friday that the Department of Education is opening a Title IX investigation into the Puyallup School District’s handling of a reported sexual assault during a girls’ wrestling match in December. 

A female wrestler said a transgender competitor sexually assaulted her during the match, but the district didn’t report the allegation to police for almost two months. 

“Too many women have been injured, harassed, and deprived of opportunities they work hard for,” McMahon posted on X. “Title IX is the law – follow it or face consequences.” 

[…] 

According to the Pierce County Sheriff’s Office, a school resource officer at Rogers High School in South Hill was contacted by the school’s administration on Jan. 30 to report allegations of sexual assault. The incident in question happened in early December at a girls’ wrestling match when a teenager alleged she was groped by a transgender competitor during a grappling match. 

The girl reported the incident to school officials on Dec. 8, according to the sheriff’s office. Investigators stated that they were unaware of why the district did not contact them for nearly two months. 

Kruse published a lengthy story about this incident earlier this month. 

Keep reading

School-Led Anti-ICE Protests Grow Increasingly Violent, Putting Children in Danger

Students across America are increasingly being injured, arrested, and seen engaging in violence as teachers and school administrators continue to encourage children to walk out of class to mount marches off school grounds to protest Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Mexican flag-toting kids in the Chicago suburb of Aurora, for instance, erupted in violence against a lone man who had a pro-Trump flag.

A similar assault occurred in Enumclaw, Washington, during a student protest there.

Keep reading

Texas public schools under investigation for supporting student walkouts, ICE protests

Several Texas public schools are under state investigation for supporting thousands of student walkouts to protest federal immigration enforcement.

Many have either been taken over by the state or have planned school closures. Gov. Greg Abbott has called for schools that facilitate protests to be stripped of state funding.

Initial protests and walkouts occurred on Jan. 30 as part of a coordinated national movement disrupting classroom teaching with some students getting injured and lost. More than 10 days later, students are still protesting.

On Tuesday, dozens of students from the Houston Academy for International Studies walked out of school, chanting, “ICE off our streets.” It’s part of Houston ISD, which the state took over two years ago for failing grades, The Center Square reported. Last week, in Fort Bend ISD, a Kuwaiti student joined protests chanting, “There’s no human illegal on stolen land,” a common chant among Houston area protesters, The Houston Chronicle reported.

Dallas ISD students also walked out of class on Tuesday, chanting, “No Trump, no ICE, no fascists on our streets. “Dallas Police and Dallas ISD officers stood by,” KERA News reported.

Student protests continue after the Texas Education Agency issued guidance stating, “schools risk losing daily attendance funding if they allow or encourage students to walk out of class. Teachers that facilitate walk outs will be subject to investigation and sanction including licensure revocation. School systems that facilitate walkouts will be subject to investigation and sanction, including either the appointment of a monitor, conservator or board of managers.”

Keep reading

Transgender Canadian school shooter Jesse Van Rootselaar’s father distances himself from killer son: I ‘was not part of his life’

The estranged biological father of transgender school shooter Jesse Van Rootselaar is trying to distance himself from his murderous son — while referring to him with male pronouns and his mother’s surname.

Justin Van Rootselaar released a statement insisting he is not to blame for the heartbreak his 18-year-old son, Jesse, inflicted on the small community of Tumbler Ridge in British Columbia, Canada, when he gunned down eight people, including six children.

“I was estranged from Jesse Strang and was not part of his life,” he told the CBC in a statement, using the last name of the shooter’s mom, Jennifer Strang, who was among the eight shot dead Tuesday.

Keep reading

San Jose assistant principal among 11 arrested for allegedly communicating with minors for sex, police say

An assistant principal at a San Jose middle school was among a group of people arrested during a police operation targeting adults seeking minors online to engage in sexual activity, authorities announced on Wednesday.

The San Jose Police Department said in press releases that the operation was part of a broader effort to target child exploitation and human trafficking ahead of Super Bowl LX at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara. Police said the department’s Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) task force arrested 11 people between Feb. 3 and Feb. 6 in an undercover chat operation.

During the operation, undercover police and FBI agents identified 31-year-old Ruben Guzman, assistant principal at Sunrise Middle School, as a potential suspect and began an investigation. On Feb. 3, Guzman began communicating with someone he believed was a 13-year-old boy, telling him that he wanted to engage in sexual acts, and offering money in exchange, according to police. 

Keep reading

We Have Now Reached “Gunperson”-Level Absurdity

By now you’ve surely heard about Tuesday’s horrific school shooting in Tumbler Ridge—a tiny, remote Canadian town where the biggest excitement is probably a moose spotting on Nextdoor—that left nine people dead and more than two dozen injured. Monstrous would be an insult to monsters everywhere.

It’s the deadliest mass shooting Canada has seen in more than thirty years. The details are unimaginable, the community is destroyed, survivors are traumatized for life, and none of it is even remotely funny. The news coverage, however, could easily be nominated for a Primetime Emmy in the Outstanding Comedy Writing category.

Within minutes of the rampage, alerts went out describing the suspect as a “female in a dress.”

The minute I saw that, I knew.

I mean, have you ever—even once—seen an alleged perpetrator described as a “male in pants” or a “female wearing shoes?” Of course not! It’s “armed female” or “adult male” or, if the subject is still on the loose, maybe “a white male in a neon green hoodie and purple parachute pants.” But never-not-ever is it “a human in human clothing.” They only threw the dress part in there to avoid stating a politically inconvenient fact, upsetting advertisers, or toppling their own carefully constructed narrative.

By the time officials reached the podium to deliver a press briefing, the description had morphed into “a gunperson.” gunperson. As if the word “shooter” was insufficiently inclusive or somehow accidentally implied gender? The press spent more time agonizing over culturally sanitized euphemisms than reporting the actual details of the crime.

Keep reading

CONFIRMED: Canada School Shooter who Killed 9, Injured 25 Identified as Transgender Ex-Student Despite Officials’ Attempts to Hide Biological Gender

The suspect who opened fire on a school in British Columbia on Tuesday afternoon has been identified as biological male 18-year-old Jesse Van Rootselaar, a transgender ex-student at the school who began transitioning at approximately 12 years old. 

Notably, this comes just months after a transgender shooter opened fire, shooting through the windows of the church at Annunciation Catholic School as students attended mass during the first week of the school year late last Summer. Robin Westman, who was born Robert Westman, glorified past shooters and hated God and religious conservatives, according to his manifesto, which was uploaded to YouTube videos prior to the shooting.

Now, it’s been confirmed that the shooter not only identified as transgender, but he had also been taken into custody for a mental health assessment and had firearms removed from his home previously, according to Royal Canadian Mounted Police Deputy Commissioner Dwayne McDonald.

The New York Post reports that Van Rootselaar dropped out of the high school approximately four years ago.

More from the New York Post:

The horrifying attack, one of the deadliest shootings in Canada’s history, began Tuesday at a residence in the sleepy rural community of Tumbler Ridge, in the western province, and concluded at Tumbler Ridge Secondary School — where authorities say Van Rootselaar died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Van Rootselaar was identified Wednesday as the shooter by Royal Canadian Mounted Police Deputy Commissioner Dwayne McDonald, who said he was “born a biological male … who approximately six years ago began to transition to female, and identified as female.”

Asked by a reporter whether he believes there was any correlation between Van Rootselaar identifying as transgender and the shooting, McDonald said it’s “too early to say.”

McDonald said police had visited the family home on multiple occasions over the last several years due to concerns over Van Rootselaar’s mental health.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police Deputy Commissioner Dwayne McDonald only admitted that the 18-year-old was born a male when he was pressed on why police were “hiding” the biological gender of the shooter.

“We identify the suspect as they chose to be identified in public and in social media,” he told reporters during a press conference earlier. “I can say that Jesse was born as a biological male, who approximately– the information that I have– approximately six years ago began to transition to female and identified as female both socially and publicly.

Keep reading

Scathing report reveals Antifa-linked org passing out material to K-12 students: ‘Political revolution’

A newly unearthed training guidebook from the far-left activist group Sunrise Movement calls on both college and K-12 students to engage in monthly disruptions and “mass non-cooperation” as part of a coordinated effort to spark a “political revolution” across the United States.

The 25-page document, obtained by Defending Education, focuses on mobilizing youth against what it describes as a “regime” and a “system captured by billionaires,” urges students to walk out of classrooms and boycott businesses in an attempt to prove that the country cannot function without their cooperation.

“We’re not going to get there overnight, and we’re not here to get back to the status quo,” the guidebook says. “We’re here to win a political revolution. This is your guide to start winning at your school right now.”

Pushing back against ICE is a major theme in the document that appears to have been spread to students in Minnesota and across the country and has made that central pillar of its recent advocacy, framing the agency as an “occupying army” and a “personal gestapo” for the Trump administration. 

Keep reading

Jesse Strang, 18, named as Canadian school shooter who murdered eight before dying by suicide

A gunman who murdered nine people in the second deadliest school shooting in Canadian history has been named as Jesse Strang, who is reported to be transgender

Strang, 18, opened fire in the library at Tumbler Ridge Secondary School in British Columbia on Tuesday afternoon, a parent whose son attends the school told the Daily Mail. Six people were killed at the school and a seventh died en route to the hospital. 

Strang took his own life at the school. He killed his mother Jennifer and brother Emmett at their home beforehand, CTV News reported. 

Strang was named by police on Wednesday as Jesse Van Rootselaar. He is understood to have used his mother’s name, Strang, socially and at school. 

Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Strang killed a female teacher, three girls and two boys aged between 13 and 17. They added that a tenth victim reported to have died after being rushed to hospital actually survived their injuries.  

The parent, who requested to remain anonymous, said his son knew Strang’s family and played sports with one of his siblings. 

His son was at the academic institution Tuesday when Strang carried out the deadly massacre. He is now ‘afraid to go back to school’, his father added.

Juno News and Western Standard News were among the first publications to identify Strang and described the shooter as a biological male who identifies as a woman named Jess. 

Royal Canadian Mounted Police refused to confirm Strang’s identity and whether he was transgender after being contacted by the Daily Mail. Authorities have only identified the shooter as a ‘female in a dress’.

Six people were killed and 25 injured at the school and an additional victim died on the way to the hospital, police said. Two more people were found dead at a nearby home believed to be connected to the deadly attack. 

Sources told the Daily Mail that Strang lived at the home with three relatives. 

Strang’s uncle Russell, who told Juno News she was responsible for the shooting, said the suspected shooter was ‘transgender’. 

Keep reading