Ultra-powerful NYC lawyer grovels over appalling email he sent Jeffrey Epstein asking predator to get his nepo son work on Woody Allen movie

Brad Karp, chairman of major law firm Paul Weiss, said he regretted his interactions with Jeffrey Epstein after asking the disgraced financier to help get his son a job. 

Karp worked for private equity investor Leon Black for several years and negotiated a series of ‘dispute fees’ between Black and Epstein. 

The latest file drop from the Department of Justice featured dozens of emails between Karp and Epstein – including the lawyer asking Epstein for help getting his Cornell-graduate son an unpaid job working for Hollywood’s rich and famous. 

In June 2016, Karp pitched his son, David, to aid Woody Allen with an ‘upcoming film project.’ He wrote in the email, which was exposed in the Department of Justice’s files drop: ‘He certainly doesn’t need to be paid and he’s a really good, talented kid.’ 

‘I will ask, of course,’ Epstein responded. 

The powerful lawyer was invited to multiple dinners at Epstein’s New York City mansion – and gushed about how he had such a great time that ‘I’ll never forget.’ 

In a statement obtained by the New York Times, Paul Weiss issued an apology on Karp’s behalf. 

‘Mr. Karp attended two group dinners in New York City and had a small number of social interactions by email, all of which he regrets,’ it read. 

Keep reading

New York Released Almost 7,000 Criminal Illegal Aliens

New York released almost 7,000 criminal illegal aliens last year as a result of sanctuary policies, rewarding killers, rapists, robbers, and burglars while defying Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

On Feb. 2, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issued a press release about the arrest of Gerardo Miguel-Mora, a criminal illegal alien with an extremely lengthy rap sheet for strangulation, rape, grand larceny, burglary, sexual assault, and drug possession. New York City released Miguel-Mora because city officials refuse to honor ICE detainers, so ICE had to re-arrest him on Jan. 30 of this year. But Miguel-Mora is no exception. He is one of thousands of illegal aliens who benefitted, at least temporarily, from sanctuary policies.

At the end of the release on Miguel-Mora, DHS included two illuminating paragraphs of data covering Jan. 20, 2025, when Donald Trump took office, up to the present time. DHS said that New York, in defying ICE detainers, freed 6,947 criminal illegal aliens.

DHS explained further:

The crimes of these aliens include 29 homicides, 2,509 assaults, 199 burglaries, 305 robberies, 392 dangerous drugs offenses, 300 weapons offenses, and 207 sexual predatory offenses.

There are currently 7,113 aliens in the custody of a New York jurisdiction with an active detainer. The crimes of these aliens include 148 homicides, 717 assaults, 134 burglaries, 106 robberies, 235 dangerous drugs offenses, 152 weapons offenses, and 260 sexual predatory offenses.

And since Commie Mamdani is now mayor of New York City, expect such numbers to grow even more out-of-control.

Keep reading

ICE Arrests Illegal Alien Accused of Rape and Strangulation After Sanctuary New York City Set Him Free

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has arrested an illegal alien whose rap sheet includes arrests for rape and strangulation after a Democrat judge in sanctuary New York City set him free on drug charges.

On Monday, ICE officials announced the arrest of illegal alien Gerardo Miguel-Mora of Mexico in New York City. Miguel-Mora had most recently been arrested on larceny and criminal possession of stolen property charges.

Last week, Judge Sheridan Jack-Browne (D) in Brooklyn allowed Miguel-Mora to be released from jail despite ICE lodging a detainer against him so that he would not be released back into the community.

“These are the types of public safety threats New York Governor Hochul and Mayor Mamdani are releasing from their jails onto the streets to perpetrate more crimes and create more victims,” the Department of Homeland Security’s Tricia McLaughlin said in a statement.

Miguel-Mora’s criminal record in the United States dates back over a decade. In 2011, Miguel-Mora was arrested for rape, strangulation, assault, forcible touching, burglary, and disorderly conduct in New York City.

The following year, Miguel-Mora was convicted of burglary by the New York State Supreme Court and sentenced to three and a half years in prison, followed by 10 years of supervised release. Miguel-Mora served just a handful of months in prison before being deported to his native Mexico.

Keep reading

Socialist NYC mayor’s mansion looks spotless while trash bags and filthy mounds of snow pile up on streets

New Yorkers are in disbelief as heaps of trash and filthy snow clutter the city’s streets while the grounds of Mayor Zohran Mamdani’s $100 million mansion remain spotless. 

More than a week has passed since historic Winter Storm Fern brought more than a foot of snow to some NYC neighborhoods. 

But the Big Apple is still grappling with the aftermath – and fed-up residents have been forced to trek through slush and avoid smelly trash piles lining the roads. 

Massive mounds of plowed snow have been adding to the mess, as it has been too cold for them to melt and there are no signs of temperatures heating up anytime soon.

Meanwhile, the Gracie Mansion in the Upper East Side is in pristine shape.   

Mamdani and his artist wife Rama Duwaji have resided at the historic home in Carl Schurz Park, which is funded by a combination of private donations and NYC tax dollars, since January 12. 

Pictures of the sweeping property from Monday show an almost snow-free pavement, with small white heaps mixed with dirt neatly scooped out of the way. 

This is a stark contrast from what much of the rest of the city looks like. 

Keep reading

LOL! Anti-Police Activists Heckle Zohran Mamdani Outside of Mayoral Residence – “We Advocated for You, Zohran! You Lied, Zohran! Shame!”

New York City’s new Mayor, Zohran Mamdani, is already letting his far-left base down, and they’re showing up at Gracie Mansion, the official mayoral residence in Carl Schurz Park on the Upper East Side, to make their disdain heard.

Thankfully for many New Yorkers, he just isn’t radical enough.

During a recent incident, centered around his unfulfilled promises relating to investigating the police, protesters surrounded the gate outside his residence at night and began shouting through a megaphone, “We was with you, Zohran! We voted for you, Zohran! We advocated for you, Zohran!” He continued, “You ain’t did nothing but get up in there and lie to us! You lied, Zohran! Shame, Zohran!”

The Gateway Pundit previously reported on Mamdani’s radical anti-police positions before he was elected Mayor in November, including his plan to replace police with social workers in response to certain crimes, which he backtracked on in November.

Now, he’s facing more heat from his liberal base for walking back on his promises to empower and give the final say on police accountability to the Civilian Complaint Review Board (CCRB), an independent agency that investigates police complaints and dishes out recommendations for punishment.

A man with a megaphone was filmed outside Zohran’s house with other protesters, shouting, “The first lie was CCRB, Zohran! CCRB should have the final say, Zohran!”

The others present could be heard shouting “Shame!” repeatedly.

Keep reading

Federal judge dismisses murder charge, rules Luigi Mangione will not face death penalty

Afederal judge on Friday dismissed the murder charge against Luigi Mangione, who allegedly killed UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson in December 2024, and ruled that he will not face the death penalty.

Federal prosecutors had sought the death penalty in the case, CNN reported.

U.S. District Judge Margaret Garnett for the Southern District of New York, a Biden appointee, dismissed the murder charge because it requires that the killing was committed during another “crime of violence.” Federal prosecutors alleged the other crimes of violence were two stalking charges, arguing Mangione stalked Thompson online and traveled across state lines to kill him.

The judge found that stalking charges are not “crimes of violence” and also dismissed a related firearm offense.

The murder charge is the only count in the federal indictment against Mangione that could have carried a possible death sentence.

Mangione will still face two counts of stalking, both of which have a maximum sentence of life in prison without parole.

Garnett also ruled that Mangione’s backpack, which was recovered when he was arrested, be allowed into trial evidence.

Mangione’s backpack contained a handgun, a loaded magazine, and a red notebook, which are all pieces of evidence that authorities have said tie him to the killing.

His attorneys had argued for the evidence to be barred from trial, claiming that the search of their client’s backpack was illegal because authorities had not yet obtained a warrant and there was no immediate threat to justify a warrantless search.

Sept. 8 is when jury selection for the federal trial is scheduled to begin, with opening statements set for Oct. 13.

Keep reading

ICE agents chase down migrant sex predator after judge allows him to stroll out of NYC courthouse

An alleged crack-smoking, sexual-predator migrant wanted by ICE was allowed to flee through a back door of a Manhattan courthouse — infuriating federal agents, The Post has learned.

Gerardo Miguel Mora, 45, was arrested Thursday for shoplifting and possession of stolen property after allegedly snatching $130 in items from an H&M display case in Midtown that day, court records show.

Mora, whose country of origin was not disclosed, was collared on the Upper West Side on Jan. 7 for possession of alleged crack cocaine, according to a criminal complaint. That case is pending in court.

In 2011, Mora was busted for attempted rape and strangulation after he allegedly followed a 21-year-old woman home in Midtown, choked her and tried to remove her clothes, police sources said.

He was stopped by a bystander who heard the woman’s cries and came to her aid, holding Mora down until cops arrived, the sources said. 

Keep reading

NYC’s socialist mayor dragged into Epstein scandal as files claim his MOTHER spent evening at Ghislaine Maxwell’s house

New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani’s film director mother was mentioned in the newly released tranche of the Jeffrey Epstein files.

The Department of Justice published at least three million new files from its investigation into the disgraced financer’s sex crimes on Friday.

Mamdani’s mother, Mira Nair, was included in a 2009 email from publicist Peggy Siegal to the convicted pedophile.

Siegal told Epstein she attended a star-studded party at convicted sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell‘s home.

‘Just left Ghislaine’s townhouse…after party for film. Bill Clinton and Jeff Bezos were there…Jean Pigoni, director Mira Nair….etc,’ Siegal wrote.

The details in the email suggest it was a party for Nair’s 2009 adventure-romance film Amelia, starring Hilary Swank and Richard Gere.

‘Film received tepid reaction although women like it much more…Hillary Swank and Gere at stupid party in Bloomingdales cheap sportwear department….very weird,’ Siegal wrote.

She signed off the email with, ‘Studio went for free party from store and windows for a month…. Going to be in Wall Street 2 tomorrow ….more to come. xoxo Peg.’ 

Being named or pictured in the files is not necessarily an indication of wrongdoing. Daily Mail contacted the Mayor’s office for comment.

The latest Epstein files dropped included bombshell claims that Bill Gates caught a sexually transmitted disease from ‘Russian girls’, then suggested secretly slipping his then-wife, Melinda, antibiotics.

Epstein made the astonishing claims about the Microsoft billionaire in emails he sent to himself on July 18, 2013.

The lengthy message lashed out at Gates for ending their friendship and says: ‘TO add insult to the injury you them (sic) implore me to please delete the emails regarding your std, your request that I provide you antibiotics that you can surreptitiously give to Melinda and the description of your penis.’

Earlier in the same missive, Epstein said he had been ‘dismayed beyond comprehension’ by Gates’s decision to ‘disregard our friendship developed over the last 6 years’.

The shocking emails appear to be drafts of a letter intended to be sent by Gates’s then-top advisor, Boris Nikolic, around the time of his resignation from the Microsoft billionaire’s charitable foundation.

The shocking claims about the Microsoft founder have not been verified, and Gates has angrily denied them in a rare statement to the Daily Mail.

His spokesperson said: ‘These claims are absolutely absurd and completely false.

‘The only thing these documents demonstrate is Epstein’s frustration that he did not have an ongoing relationship with Gates and the lengths he would go to entrap and defame.’

Keep reading

Why Mamdani’s ‘Free Childcare’ Won’t Work

“While families with young children comprise about 14 percent of the city’s population, they comprise about 30 percent of the set of New Yorkers who are leaving the city,” said Mayor-elect Zohran Mamdani at a visit to a day care center in East Flatbush, Brooklyn, where he hyped his plans for those families.

Mamdani ran on the most ambitious universal child care proposal in the country: free day care for all kids ages 6 weeks and above. Apparently, this pitch was compelling to the city’s beleaguered parents: The self-styled socialist won by a hefty margin.

New York City already has universal child care guaranteed to 3- and 4-year-olds. When Bill de Blasio ran for mayor in 2013, he aimed to distinguish himself from then-Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who had created 4,000 new free pre-K seats but allocated them only to poor kids. De Blasio universalized the system in 2014.

Mamdani wants to expand to an even younger age group, which would cost an extra $6 billion a year. Those funds aren’t available in city coffers, so Mamdani would need cooperation from the state government to raise the money, likely by taking another leaf from the de Blasio playbook and trying to hike taxes on the very rich.

Mamdani’s political intuition is sound: The affordability issue is salient. The number of New York City families with three kids or more has dropped by nearly 17 percent over the last decade. Families with young children have been self-exiling in droves since the pandemic. The under-20 population has dropped by almost 200,000 over the last few years. The city’s public school system has 915,000 students enrolled, down from 1.1 million a decade ago. New York’s comptroller reports that the average cost of private child care for babies and toddlers now sits at $18,200 annually for family-based care and $26,000 annually for center-based care, shooting up in recent years. It’s no wonder so many parents are clamoring to turn over their kids to the warm embrace of the state. They feel left out in the cold.

But universal 3-K (for 3-year-olds) hasn’t served families as well as its supporters promised it would. It distorted the private market, driving day cares out of business. Rich families have used nifty hacks to get their kids into the best centers, while the poor are left with the rest. The universal nature of it might be politically valuable when you’re currying favor with the tony Park Slope crowd, but it means that child care for rich people is subsidized by the slightly richer, and that day cares serving the poorest neighborhoods don’t get what they need. Parents who choose to stay home with their kids or employ nannies get shafted, and costs for all forms of child care are driven up the more the government intervenes in the market. More government involvement won’t make that better.

Keep reading

Mamdani’s NYC Socialist Experiment Ended Before It Began

Margaret Thatcher once characterized socialism by saying, “The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people’s money.” The experience of Zohran Mamdani’s quixotic attempt to transform New York City into a socialist paradise, an oxymoron, demonstrates that Thatcher’s observation requires an addition: you also need the permission of the people paying for it.

In layman’s terms, like a child asking his mother for ice cream money, Mamdani asked Governor Hochul for permission, and she said “no.”

New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani’s campaign promises face structural barriers that make implementation impossible. Under New York State Constitution Article XVI, NYC mayors cannot raise taxes independently. Only the state legislature can authorize local tax increases, requiring approval from both chambers and Governor Kathy Hochul.

During a PIX11 interview in early January 2026, Hochul stated that increasing taxes on wealthy New Yorkers is “completely off the table.” She pointed out that 1.5% of New Yorkers pay one-third of the state’s entire budget. She refuses to risk driving them out with higher taxes.

Mamdani proposed a 2-percentage-point increase on NYC income tax for those earning over $1 million, raising the rate from 3.9% to 5.9%, plus increasing corporate tax rates from 7.25% to 11.5%. His campaign estimated this would generate $4 billion annually. Without this revenue, his agenda collapses.

Hochul’s January 2026 $260 billion state budget includes no income tax increases and extends the 7.25% corporate tax rate for three more years, rejecting Mamdani’s proposed increase. While State Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie and Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins have expressed openness to tax increases, Hochul faces her own 2026 re-election campaign and a primary challenge from Lt. Gov. Antonio Delgado.

Even if both legislative chambers pass tax increases, Hochul can veto the legislation. With her own election approaching, it is unlikely that she would take a radical decision that would alienate her wealthy donor base. Overriding a gubernatorial veto requires a two-thirds supermajority in both chambers, which Mamdani’s allies cannot achieve.

NYC Comptroller Mark Levine announced in mid-January 2026 that the city faces a $2.2 billion deficit for fiscal year 2026 and a $10.4 billion deficit for fiscal year 2027, totaling a cumulative gap of $12.6 billion. Levine blamed chronic underbudgeting by the Adams administration for rental assistance, overtime, shelter costs, public assistance, DOE due process cases, and MTA contributions, totaling $3.8 billion in unbudgeted expenses for FY2026 alone. He stated that the deficit was not caused by a bad economy but by budgeting decisions from the previous administration.

This is the first time since the Great Recession that the city faces a budget shortfall of this magnitude this late in the fiscal year. Mamdani’s first deputy mayor Dean Fuleihan stated the administration would only include new tax revenue if it were included in Hochul’s budget, which it was not.

With a severe revenue shortfall, Mamdani’s plans for free programs are unlikely to materialize. He has promised fare-free buses by eliminating the $2.90 fare on all MTA buses citywide, universal childcare, and state-funded “baby baskets” for every newborn containing formula, diapers, and postpartum supplies.

Keep reading