ISIS-inspired plot thwarted: N.Y. woman charged in plan to bomb Albany Capitol

A New York woman who converted to Islam has been arrested in an ISIS-inspired terror plot to bomb the state Capitol in Albany. She was charged with attempting to provide material support to ISIS, a designated foreign terrorist organization.

According to a federal criminal complaint released on Thursday, 35-year-old Jessica Bowie was taken into custody on Wednesday.

Bowie’s plan reportedly involved detonating a bomb, which would be placed inside of a DoorDash delivery food bag, in front of the state Capitol. However, unbeknownst to her, she detailed the plan to a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) informant whom she believed would assist her as an accomplice.

“Blowing kafirs [non-Muslims] brains out is beautiful,” she told the FBI informant.

Prosecutors say that Bowie — who posted “Praise be to Allah for September 11th” on social media — regularly shared pro-radical Islamist and anti-American messages online, expressed her belief that “jihad is an obligation” and recorded audio files reciting a pledge to ISIS.

Investigators also say that Bowie began planning the attack in mid-July. In August, she then purchased $200 worth of nails and other bomb materials from Home Depot using funds provided by an informant. It is unclear if this was the same informant.

Keep reading

High-End Russian Escort Plants Trash Bin Bomb That Kills Ukrainian Submarine Commander Defector on Orders of Kiev

Not a word of condemnation of Kiev’s bombing spree by the Western media.

While all the MSM trumpets that Ukraine is ‘turning the tables in the war’ and highlights every single missile and drone strike on Russian territory, there’s one aspect of this war that is literally booming.

The Kiev bombing campaign abroad: be it a Ukrainian oligarch in Monaco, a Russian General in Moscow or a Submarine commander defector in Crimea, the ‘defenders of democracy’ are blasting away, as the West applauds.

This last Thursday, a Ukrainian submarine commander who defected to Russia was killed when a Russian high-end escort, acting on Kiev’s orders, blew him up with a bomb hidden inside a trash bin.

The 32-year-old Russian woman, later identified as Margarita Reut, was following orders from Ukraine’s intelligence network to kill Robert Shageev, now an officer in the Kremlin’s Black Sea Fleet, according to Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB).

Keep reading

The Bomb in Monaco and a Torture Room Near Kyiv

They took her trainers. That is the detail that survives, once the rest is stripped away – the belongings removed from the corpse, the shoes pulled from her feet, the shallow hole in woods sixty kilometers west of Kyiv. Anastasiia Berezovska had been shot in the back of the head, then shot again as she lay on the ground, four rounds in all. She was thirty-nine. Six days earlier she had walked out of a stairwell in Monaco having left a backpack in the lobby of an apartment building, and the backpack had torn three people apart. The distance between those two moments – the placing of the bomb and the emptying of a pistol into the woman who placed it – is the whole of this story, and almost everything inside it has been arranged so that the distance cannot be measured.

The device was packed with buckshot and bolts, a charge built for a confined space and for flesh. Monaco’s Minister of State, Christophe Mirmand, said it contained bolts and pellets – a thing made, in plain terms, for the maximum killing of its target. It was detonated by remote control at the moment Vadym Iermolaiev and his family returned from dinner at a seaside restaurant on the evening of 29 June. The man survived with burns and shrapnel. His partner’s legs were amputated in hospital. Their thirteen-year-old son was hurt less badly. The figure who left the bag was seen on the building’s cameras and then seen fleeing on foot toward the French commune of Beausoleil, a few metres and one border away. It was the first attack of its kind in the principality’s history, and the chief prosecutor, Stéphane Thibault, moved quickly to rule out terrorism. A targeted killing, then, in the one place in Europe designed to guarantee that the origins of a wealthy man’s fortune are never examined too closely.

The person who placed it had prepared to disappear. Berezovska disguised herself as a man and fled in a car with German registration plates, across the French border, then into Italy. She had been living in Frankfurt, where German police would later search her apartment and prepare to hand what they found to the Monegasque authorities. On 1 July, the day after the bombing, she crossed into Ukraine and caught a bus to her home town of Zhytomyr, west of Kyiv. The state border service would afterwards insist she entered lawfully, through a regular crossing point, with no database alert – including from Interpol – flagging her as wanted. That is technically true and quietly damning: Interpol did not issue its Red Notice until 4 July, three days after she was already home. The one suspect in an atrocity on European soil walked back into Ukraine unimpeded, and by the time the world’s police apparatus formally wanted her, she was already among the people who would kill her. Her body was recovered on 6 July.

The two men arrested for her murder had both been sending her money — cryptocurrency and transfers into her bank accounts, which is how, the Security Service of Ukraine says, they were identified at all. One of them, Vladyslav Reut, thirty-three, appeared in a Kyiv court on 10 July and described how it was done. His accomplice, a former Kyiv-region police officer named Vitalii Zhykovych, took her at gunpoint to a forest near the village of Yuriv. “Zhykovych fired the first shot at her in the back of the head. She fell down. He came up and fired another shot. I was standing a few meters away at that moment.” Reut said he was then made to dig the hole, while Zhykovych stripped the body of its possessions and took the dead woman’s trainers. He told the judge he would insist on a polygraph to prove his innocence. Zhykovych, through his lawyer, denies the allegations.

Reut is not a criminal picked off the street. He studied law at Kyiv’s national university and served in Ukraine’s military intelligence directorate, the GUR, in unit A2772 – a training center for special-operations forces. That was established not by Moscow’s propagandists but by the investigative journalists of Radio Liberty’s Schemy project, and reported by Luke Harding in the Guardian from Kyiv. So the plain shape of it is this: a serving officer of a state intelligence service financed and helped carry out the execution of the only witness to a bombing in a European city. This is not the allegation of Ukraine’s enemies. It is the account produced by Ukraine’s own security service, in its own statement, within days of the killing.

Keep reading

CEO of Russian Drone Company Targeted by Bomb Placed Underneath His Car, Hospitalized in Critical State – His Driver Dies in the Attack

Another day, another car bomb attack from Kiev.

The more Ukraine loses the war, the more they resort to asymmetric tactics (a.k.a. terrorism).

And yes, Ukraine is losing: check it out.

The summer illusion that Kiev was winning on the battlefield is over, with Moscow again conquering more territory than Ukraine recovers in July.

Ukrainians are afraid of the coming winter.

Ukrainian energy minister Denys Shmyhal tells Politico about the hard days to come in the winter, with power plants and the electric grid that have not been sufficiently restored.

“Putin wants to finish off our energy system and derail our economy and weapons production. […] He also hopes in winter our society will break from exhaustion, and pressure leadership to sign the surrender.”

Keep reading

Colombian Authorities Seize Bus Carrying 420 Kilograms of Explosives Bound for Cali Days Before Presidential Inauguration

Colombian security forces have reportedly intercepted a bus carrying approximately 420 kilograms of ammonium nitrate explosives in the department of Cauca, preventing what authorities believe could have been a major planned large-scale terrorist attack against military and police installations in Cali.

The operation, dubbed Operation Prometeo, was carried out today along the Pan-American Highway near Santander de Quilichao by Colombia’s National Police, with the participation of the Intelligence Directorate (DIPOL), Criminal Investigation Directorate (DIJIN), Anti-Narcotics Directorate (DIRAN), Highway Police (DITRA), and the Southwest Organized Crime Task Force.

Authorities say intelligence indicates the explosives were intended to strike military and police facilities in Cali during the inauguration of President-elect Abelardo de la Espriella on August 7, with the objective of demonstrating the group’s operational capability and disrupting one of Colombia’s most significant political events.

Keep reading

Bomb Kills Three at Moscow Restaurant During Reported Russian General’s Birthday Party

An explosive device detonated Saturday evening at the Balzi Rossi, an upscale restaurant in Moscow’s Kudrinskaya Square, killing three people and injuring at least 15 others. Russia’s National Anti-Terrorism Committee confirmed an IED was responsible, dismissing initial reports of a gas leak.

The blast occurred around 8 p.m. local time. The restaurant, located on the ground floor of one of Moscow’s iconic Stalin-era skyscrapers, had been closed for a private event. According to Russia’s Kommersant newspaper, citing law enforcement sources, an unidentified woman approached the restaurant carrying a box she described as a gift for the guests. When a security guard opened it, it exploded.

Multiple Russian and Ukrainian Telegram channels reported the private event was a birthday celebration for Colonel General Alexander Chaiko, Commander-in-Chief of Russia’s Aerospace Forces, who was turning 55. Witnesses described numerous government vehicles with black military license plates parked outside, along with a National Guard bus. Those reports have not been officially confirmed by Russian authorities, who have not named the intended target.

Video footage from the scene showed shattered windows, debris across the entrance, and heavily armed law enforcement officers securing the perimeter as emergency crews searched the building.

The attack is the latest in a series of security failures inside Russia. In recent weeks, Ukrainian drone strikes have penetrated deep into Russian territory, including an attack that destroyed more than $2 billion in inventory at warehouses belonging to online retailer Wildberries. The Kremlin also cancelled its annual Navy Day parade in St. Petersburg citing concerns over Ukrainian drone threats.

No group has claimed responsibility for the Moscow restaurant bombing. An investigation is underway.

Keep reading

This NBC News Headline About the Anti-ICE Bombing of a Federal Building in NYC Must be Seen to be Believed

If you spend any time on social media, you will see people sometimes say that you don’t hate the media enough. This story is an example of why people say that.

As the Gateway Pundit reported earlier today, an individual deployed an explosive device outside 26 Federal Plaza in New York City. The person was caught and it was immediately apparent that this individual is virulently anti-ICE.

Here’s how NBC News framed the story. This is a headline for the ages:

Fireworks.

This is why no one likes the media. This is why no one trusts the media.

CBS News did something similar. Take a look:

Everyone knows why they do this. It’s to protect leftists.

Keep reading

FBI Calls Incendiary Attack On Manhattan Federal Building An “Anti-Government Attack”

For years, left-wing political violence in the US was often treated as isolated and/or a non-issue. The Trump administration is now calling it a domestic terrorism threat.

FBI Assistant Director in Charge James Barnacle described the incident outside 26 Federal Plaza in Lower Manhattan earlier today as an “anti-government attack on a federal facility.” 

Watch the suspected left-wing radical attack the federal building, which houses offices for agencies including DHS, ICE, USCIS, the FBI, and the Social Security Administration.

Suspect identified as Andrew Arrabaca …

Barnacle also said the suspect carried a sign reading “ICE Off Our Streets,” which suggests an association with left-wing groups.

Even The Atlantic had to recently admit there was a troubling rise in left-wing terror…

Keep reading

Victim of Monaco Bombing, Vadim Ermolaev Says He Has ‘No Doubt’ Attack Was Carried Out by Ukrainian Intelligence

Kiev was behind the terror bomb in Monaco, says Ermolaev.

About two weeks after his family was targeted by a backpack bomb left on the doorsteps of his Monaco mansion, Ukrainian oligarch Vadim Ermolaiev (another transliteration would be Vadym Yermolayev) sent out a statement, and added pressure on Kiev regime, as he points to the Ukrainian intelligence service as being behind the attack.

This was the first terrorist attack in the history of Monaco, and the businessman sanctioned by Kiev said there is ‘no doubt’ that serving officers of the main intelligence directorate of the military of defense of Ukraine, GUR, are involved in the attempt on his life.

The Telegraph reported:

“The property magnate was approaching his building with his long-term partner and their 13-year-old son when explosives hidden in a backpack at the threshold of the lobby were detonated on the evening of June 29.”

Ermolaev’s partner lost both feet, while his son sustained ‘burns, fractures and severe trauma’.

“’I remain in intensive care and am only now beginning the long process of recovery’, he added, in his first public comments since the blast.”

French police identified Ukrainian Anastasiia Berezovska as the attacker, and she was found shot dead in near Kiev after escaping to the country on July 1.

Vladyslav Reut, a GUR officer, and Vitaliy Zhykovych, a former member of the SBU, have been arrested.

They made bank transfers and cryptocurrency payments to Berezovska that may be linked to the attempt on Ermolaiev’s life.

Keep reading

Killing of Ukrainian Woman Responsible for Bomb Attack in Monaco Takes a New Turn, as Ukrainian Intel Agent Who Confessed to Shooting Her Changes His Story

Reut now denies having shot her and blames her accomplice.

This is a rather convoluted story, so let’s recap:

1 – Ukrainian Vadim Eermolaev, a sanctioned enemy of Kiev regime, was a victim of a terrorist bomb attack in his mansion in Monaco.

2 – A Ukrainian woman, Anastasiia Berezovska, was named a suspect after she was caught in CCTV images. She was said to have fled to ‘Germany’.

3 – Berezovska, who had actually fled to Ukraine, not Germany, is found shot dead on the outskirts of Kiev.

4 – A decorated Ukrainian military intel agent, Vladyslav Reut, admits to her killing, but says that he acted on his own initiative, without orders from the GUR.

But yesterday, Reut claimed he ‘did not pull the trigger’, blaming his former SBU cop accomplice instead.

Keep reading