Blog

Gavin Newsom Launches ‘Free Diapers’ Program That Has a Curious Connection to His Wife’s Pet Project

California Governor Gavin Newsom is launching a new project in his state that will give new parents hundreds of free diapers. Sounds great, doesn’t it? New parents need diapers. Lots of them. Win win, right?

ABC 7 reports:

California families welcoming newborns will soon receive hundreds of free diapers before leaving the hospital under a first-in-the-nation program announced Friday by Gov. Gavin Newsom.

During the program’s first year, it will be offered at about 65 to 75 hospitals that handle about a quarter of births in the state and largely serve low-income patients, Newsom’s office said. The initiative will expand to more hospitals statewide, though the governor’s office did not say how many. The state has partnered with nonprofit Baby2Baby to manufacture the diapers under the label “Golden State Start.”…

The state set aside $7.4 million in last year’s budget to roll out the initiative, and this year’s budget proposal includes an additional $12.5 million to implement the program for the upcoming fiscal year ending in June 2027.

Do you like this idea? Well, like all things Democrats offer for free, there is a catch.

As Kevin Dalton pointed out on Twitter/X, this program has a direct connection to Newsom’s wife and a charity she runs:

Gavin Newsom just announced a shiny new taxpayer funded program giving free diapers to newborns leaving California hospitals and his administration is partnering with Baby2Baby with almost $20 MILLION in state funds to manufacture them.

I’m sure it’s a total coincidence that one of Baby2Baby’s Co-CEOs, Norah Weinstein, sits on the board of Gavin Newsom’s wife’s California Partners Project.

Keep reading

Tight-knit Midwest town becomes ground zero in America’s war on AI… and local politicians get swift justice

A sleepy Midwestern town has become one of the fiercest battlegrounds in America’s growing backlash against AI data centers – and voters are making their anger clear at the ballot box.

In the town of Festus, Missouri, a community of 14,000 people near St. Louis, residents have ousted four city council members who backed plans for a massive AI data center, replacing them with candidates who openly opposed the project.

The political upheaval didn’t stop there. 

At a packed City Hall meeting following the election, newly sworn-in officials were greeted with cheers – while the city’s mayor Sam Richards, who still supports the development, was met with boos and jeers from the crowd.

‘You’re next!’ one resident shouted, underscoring how heated the fight has become.

At the center of the dispute is a proposed $6 billion data center spanning roughly 360 acres, designed to support the growing demands of artificial intelligence.

Supporters say the project could transform the local economy – generating an estimated $32 million a year in tax revenue for decades, funding schools, roads, and public services.

But many locals aren’t convinced, and opponents fear the development could strain the electrical grid, push up utility bills and disrupt daily life with years of construction.

Other residents worry about environmental risks, including pollution from backup generators and wastewater systems – concerns shaped by the region’s industrial past.

In a bid to scrap the development, locals have launched a website and a Facebook group titled No Data Center in Festus, which has attracted more than 3,000 members.

The backlash quickly spilled into local politics: In the landslide election, all four incumbents who supported the data center were voted out. 

‘It was an annihilation,’ said one local campaigner. 

Since then, more than 4,000 residents have signed petitions seeking to recall the mayor and other officials still backing the plan.

Keep reading

REPORT: As People Flee New York City Over Mamdani’s Policies, NYC Public School Enrollment is Going to Drop Dramatically

As New York City’s new Democratic Socialist (communist) Mayor Zohran Mamdani implements his new policies, there has been a lot of talk about wealthy people fleeing the city, but that is only part of the story.

Everything is connected on some level. As people leave the city, the number of children enrolled in their public schools is going to drop, which will have other rippling effects.

At some point, too much of the foundation is eroded away and things start to crumble. Then the real problems begin.

FOX News reports:

New York City’s declining public school enrollment projected to lose over 150K more as population declines

New York City’s public schools are projected to drop, mirroring the downward trend of its overall population since last year.

According to a “Statistical Forecasting” prepared for the New York City School Construction Authority, New York City is projected to lose thousands of students in the 2034-35 school year.

“Enrollment is projected to be 721,251 in 2034-35, which would be a decline of 153,000 students from the 2024-25 enrollment,” the outlet reported.

“Over the next ten years, enrollments are projected to decline in each of the five boroughs. Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx are projected to have the largest declines in the next ten years, losing 45,000, 43,000, and 35,000 students, respectively,” it added.

The projected shortfall was attributed to continuing falling birthrates, an exodus of residents, and an aging population. “Statistical Forecasting was retained by the New York City School Construction Authority (“SCA”) to perform enrollment projections for the New York City Public Schools for the ten-year period beginning with the 2025-26 school year and ending in 2034-35,” the document states…

New York City public schools lost 22,000 students this year from last year’s 906,248 students. According to preliminary Department of Education data, a total of 884,400 students were enrolled in the city’s traditional public schools. NYC had more than 1,002,000 students enrolled at the start of the 2019-2020 school year, meaning it has since lost more than 117,000.

New York City currently spends more per school student than any other place in the country and gets mediocre results on reading and math.

Keep reading

Two feds nicknamed the ‘Alien Girls’ attempting to interview UFO witnesses at military bases around country

They are the Women in Black.

A pair of Government Accountability Office workers nicknamed the “Alien Girls” are touring military bases in an attempt to interview purported UFO witnesses, The Post has learned.

The non-partisan legislative-branch agency launched its probe of UFO disclosures and claims it is reviewing the practices of previous executive-branch alien investigators.

The two unidentified female investigators quickly move from formalities in the interviews to directly asking if their subject has witnessed unexplained craft, sources with direct knowledge of the interviews said.

They also offer their interviewees a classified setting where they can share their out-of-this-world tales, sources said.

Some of those interviewed questioned whether the GAO alien girls had high enough clearance to hear the classified information that some UFO witnesses would be able to share from their personal experiences. 

The agency claimed that their investigation is focused on previous government investigations into UFOs — and that the results will be keep under lock and key.

Keep reading

De-Extinct Dire Wolves Ready To Breed; Bioscience Company Pushes Forward Multiple Projects

Colossal Biosciences has announced that its de-extinct dire wolves—Romulus, Remus, and Khaleesi—are now breeding-aged and the firm plans to expand the pack later this year. The development marks a significant step for the Texas-based company in its mission to restore extinct species through genetic engineering.

The dire wolf pups, born in late 2024 and early 2025, represent the world’s first de-extinct animals. They have thrived in a secure 2,000-acre preserve, reaching milestones like learning to process whole deer carcasses and now showing readiness for natural breeding behaviors.

“The dire wolf pack is actually breeding-aged at this point,” Matt James, Colossal’s chief animal officer, said, adding “But we will initially grow the pack through assisted reproduction while we create new, genetically diverse individuals.”

The company intends to engineer two to four additional pups to boost genetic diversity before allowing full natural breeding. “The plan is to create an inter-breedable population of dire wolves in which they would eventually breed naturally to create a sustainable population of the world’s first de-extinct species,” James continued.

He further added, “We will grow the population through assisted reproduction initially and then eventually only rely on natural breeding.”

“The dire wolves are doing great,” Ben Lamm, Colossal’s CEO and co-founder, stated., adding “The three dire wolves live on a 2,000-acre secure, expansive ecological preserve that allows us to monitor and manage them while providing them a semi-wild habitat to thrive in. We hope to have more dire wolf pups by the end of the year.”

Colossal reconstructed the dire wolf genome from ancient DNA fragments in bone samples, including a 72,000-year-old skull. Scientists then edited gray wolf embryos to incorporate key traits: a white coat, larger teeth, more muscular build, and distinctive howl. Embryos were implanted in surrogate dogs, with births by caesarean section.

Keep reading

4 Baltimore Police officers will not face charges after San Francisco investigation

San Francisco prosecutors declined to bring charges against four Baltimore Police officers who have been under investigation in the California cityafter a woman says she reported a sexual assault that took place there.

The officers, including the commander of the Eastern District, have been suspended with pay and assigned to administrative duties by the Baltimore Police Department since November of last year while the Special Victims Unit of the San Francisco Police Department investigated. The San Francisco District Attorney’s Office told The Banner this week that the evidence in the case was deemed insufficient to file charges.

“Although the San Francisco Police had probable cause to submit an arrest warrant for review in this case, after careful review of all of the evidence gathered, we do not believe we can meet our higher burden of proof,” the office said in a statement, adding that it would reevaluate if additional evidence emerged.

The accuser, a 39-year-old California woman, contacted the Banner saying she was frustrated with the outcomein a case she says dates to September 2024. She also shed light on the circumstances that she said led her to contact police.

Keep reading

Ex-FBI agent turned podcaster ‘intentionally’ and ‘unsafely’ fired gun before he was ousted: memos

An ex-FBI agent turned provocative podcaster was kicked out of the bureau after he “intentionally” discharged his weapon in an “unsafe manner” on a training range while his instructor was in the line of fire, according to the bureau’s incident report obtained by Just the News and congressional testimony that challenges his self-portrayal as a whistleblower who faced retaliation.

The records, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act and from court files, show Kyle Matthew Seraphin was “permanently suspended” from the FBI on June 1,2022, just eight weeks after the alleged incident at a New Mexico gun range on April 1, 2022. The incident was deemed so reckless that he was referred to FBI internal affairs, the documents show.

Seraphin acknowledged to Just the News in an interview last year that he was “dicking around” when he fired his weapon at his supervisor’s target at the range in 2022, but he insisted the incident should not have led to his suspension and termination and that he believes he was a victim of whistleblower retaliation.

He has leveraged his story as an alleged whistleblower who exposed anti-Catholic bias and resisted the FBI’s vaccine mandate under former Director Christopher Wray to a popular anti-bureau podcast where he fashions himself as one of the bureau’s “suspendables,” a group of agents whose security clearances were suspended.

His notoriety has also landed him in a defamation lawsuit brought by current FBI Director Kash Patel’s girlfriend, whom he accused on his podcast of being an Israeli Mossad “honeypot.” His portrayal as a whistleblower is front and center in his defense motion to dismiss that litigation.

“Between late 2021 and late 2022, Mr. Seraphin gained national notoriety as a ‘whistleblower’ for refusing to participate in the FBI’s mandatory vaccine policy and what he alleged to be potential perjury by Attorney General Merrick Garland,” his motion to dismiss declares.

You can read that motion, here: 

gov.uscourts.txwd_.1172861464.10.0.pdf

Remarkably, his own lawyers put the word whistleblower in quote marks in that court document. 

Keep reading

France Moves to Break Encrypted Messaging

France’s intelligence delegation in parliament has formally backed breaking the encryption that protects WhatsApp, Signal, and Telegram conversations, recommending that magistrates and intelligence agents be granted what lawmakers describe as targeted access to messages that platforms currently cannot read even themselves.

The delegation, an eight-member body composed of four deputies and four senators, published its conclusions on Monday after months of work on a question that keeps returning to the French Parliament. “The inability to access the content of encrypted communications constitutes a major obstacle for the work of the justice system and intelligence services,” the delegation wrote, framing end-to-end encryption as a problem to be solved rather than a protection to be preserved.

The technology end-to-end encryption uses is precisely the thing the delegation wants weakened. Decryption keys live on user devices, not on company servers, which means the platforms holding your messages genuinely cannot read them. That’s the design and the point. Strip that property away and the protection collapses because a system that lets investigators read messages on demand is also a system that can be abused, leaked, subpoenaed, or hacked.

French police and intelligence services have spent years complaining about this tech. They can still intercept old-fashioned phone calls and SMS messages with a judge’s warrant but encrypted platforms route around that capability entirely.

Keep reading

Globalism Is Totalitarianism

Consider these recent news stories from Europe and North America:

(1) Germany’s government is considering a new law that would allow its spy agency to investigate and block citizens from buying homes if the would-be owners hold political views that conflict with the government’s official policies.  In effect, political dissent would disqualify a person from owning a home.

(2) London Mayor Sadiq Khan is pushing for a government-run “disinformation unit” to investigate and silence online criticism of the mayor’s policies.

(3) British police are doing more to crack down on citizens’ “politically incorrect” speech than they are to prevent Islamic rape gangs from targeting women and girls.

(4) Under the guise of “protecting the children,” unelected queen (some say European Commission President) Ursula von der Leyen has announced the rollout of Europe’s mandatory digital IDs which will eliminate online privacy, anonymity, and, eventually, all public dissent to official government policies.

(5) North American and European intelligence agencies continue to downplay the threats from Islamic terrorism and overstate any threats from “white supremacy” and “right-wing extremism.” 

(6) For the nineteenth time, Ukrainian hold-over president, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, has submitted legislation to Ukraine’s hold-over parliament to extend a decree of martial law, which suspends elections, bans opposition parties, prohibits media organizations from criticizing government policy, and empowers the government to conscript men into military service and confiscate civilian resources for the war effort.

(7) In support of secret “gender transitions” at taxpayer-funded schools and taxpayer-funded “gender reassignment” surgeries, Nova Scotia Education Minister Brendan Maguire lambasted Canadian parents who believe that they “deserve rights over” their children.  Maguire made it clear that Canadian citizens have no parental rights.

(8) In France, 60% of voters believe that “a replacement of the French population by non-European populations” is occurring right now.  66% see this as bad for France.

Keep reading

False Framing of Federal Raid on Disney Ship: Child Pornography, Not Anti-Immigrant Sentiment

Liberals and the mainstream media were wrong. The Disney raid was not about hate for immigrants or brown people. It was about child pornography.

Between April 23 and 27, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) boarded eight cruise ships at the Port of San Diego Cruise Ship Terminal as part of an ongoing Child Sexual Exploitation Material (CSAM) enforcement operation.

On April 28, HSI San Diego arrested 23 crew members from multiple ships under Operation Tidal Wave, acting on intelligence from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC). Electronic service providers, platforms such as WhatsApp, Google, and iCloud, are legally required to report detected CSAM to NCMEC, which routes tips to HSI for investigation.

The process is automated and mandatory, initiated by algorithmic detection rather than any administration policy. Of the 28 people detained, CBP confirmed 27 were involved in the receipt, possession, transportation, distribution, or viewing of CSAM, 26 Filipino nationals, one Portuguese, and one Indonesian. Ten were workers on the Disney Magic.

The Disney Magic is registered in the Bahamas, as are the majority of major cruise ships. Because it flies a foreign flag, U.S. labor laws do not apply, and the crew held C1/D crewmember visas rather than standard U.S. work permits. Foreign registry does not, however, create immunity from U.S. federal criminal law.

CBP retains full authority to board vessels entering U.S. ports, and CSAM possession and distribution are federal crimes regardless of where a ship is flagged. Following confirmed CSAM findings, CBP cancelled the visas of all 27 and returned them to their countries of citizenship. Disney stated it has a zero-tolerance policy, cooperated fully with law enforcement, and terminated the employees involved.

Media framing made it appear that ICE raided a Disney ship for no good reason and arrested the crew “in front of children” and “stunned passengers “simply for being foreign. The only reason given in these posts was that President Trump hates brown people, ignoring the fact that the people arrested were not necessarily brown. Bored Panda ran reader commentary stating: “Let’s remember that this is the Trump administration making claims about brown foreign workers.”

Keep reading