Blog

Democrat State Assembly Candidate May Be Kicked Off Primary Ballot After 90% of Her 5,258 Total Signatures Were Invalidated By City Board of Elections

Democrat State Assembly candidate Marie Mirville-Shahzada and her slate of Democratic district leaders in New York may be kicked off the ballot after the city Board of Elections invalidated 90% of her 5,258 total signatures.

Mirville-Shahzada is running for the New York State Assembly in District 46, which covers parts of Brooklyn, including Bay Ridge, Bath Beach, Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst, and Coney Island.

Signatures were invalidated for a variety of reasons, including the inclusion of two dead Brooklyn voters as well as voters who do not live in the district or were not even registered to vote.

Per the rules for appearing on the ballot, candidates must provide signatures of at least 500 verified voters for the district in question in order to run for Assembly.

After the city’s assessment, Mirville-Shahzada has been left with only 479 verified signatures.

Per a New York Post exclusive:

A review of signature petitions by The Post confirmed that at least two signatures are of dead voters while a third signature is from a woman whose family said she wasn’t even in the Big Apple on the day she allegedly put her John Hancock on the form.

Despite records showing both voters would be over 100 years old and that they passed away more than a decade ago, fresh ink was signed last month to support Mirville-Shahzada’s bid to get into the party primary.

And 99-year-old Lucia Gelbfish’s family said she didn’t sign the petition either and that her “blood pressure would go through the roof” if she knew her signature had been used fraudulently.

Her Democrat appointment, Chris McCreight, said in a statement, “This is why people lose faith in government, because you have people running for office who are willing to lie and cheat because they can’t compete by following the rules.”

“It’s dead wrong and should not be tolerated when anybody, of any party, does it.”

Keep reading

5th Circuit UNANIMOUSLY VACATES Race-Based Redistricting Order – Mississippi NO LONGER Forced to Draw Woke Majority-Black Supreme Court Districts

The redistricting wars are escalating across America, and conservatives just scored another major courtroom victory.

The 5th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals has unanimously removed a lower court block that forced Mississippi to redraw judicial district maps based on race, a decision that could now open the door for Republicans to revisit the state’s congressional map, including the heavily Democrat-leaning district represented by the sham January 6 Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson.

The judges vacated U.S. District Judge Sharion Aycock’s 2025 liability order that demanded the state redraw its 1987-era Supreme Court districts to create greater “Black voting strength” under Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act.

The decision, handed down just yesterday, sends the case back to the district court in light of the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent landmark ruling in Louisiana v. Callais, which made it crystal clear: racial gerrymandering is unconstitutional and race cannot be the predominant factor in drawing electoral maps without ironclad justification.

More from Magnolia Tribune:

Governor Tate Reeves (R) shared the Fifth Circuit’s action on Monday, saying, “Post Callais, both the plaintiffs and the State jointly requested this action.”

Reeves called it “a good day for those who believe in the principle that all Americans are created equal. A good day for law and order. A good day for Mississippi!”

The governor said in late April that he would call lawmakers into a special session 21 days after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on Callais to address state Supreme Court redistricting. That timeline would see lawmakers back in Jackson next week.

Soon after the ruling in Callais, leaders in both the Mississippi House and Senate instructed staff attorneys to prepare analysis on the ruling’s impact on state Supreme Court redistricting in Mississippi ahead of the likely special session.

The Gateway Pundit reported last month that Mississippi’s Republican Governor Tate Reeves announced he is calling a special legislative session for redistricting once the US Supreme Court rules on voting rights.

Governor Reeves said the legislature will convene 21 days after the Supreme Court issues a ruling.

Keep reading

Target Hospitality Jumps As Data Center Boom Fuels Demand For Worker Camps

Target Hospitality shares jumped in premarket trading after the company announced a new contract to provide mobile housing solutions and related hospitality services for workers at data center construction projects.

The 48-month contract could generate upward of $750 million in revenue for Target Hospitality, which builds, owns, leases, and operates large temporary or semi-permanent “communities” for workers of major projects. The contract covers 3,370 beds.

Historically, Target Hospitality generated revenue from energy, natural resources, and government-related customers, but since the data center buildout boom, its temporary housing solution services have been in high demand.

The company said that since the start of the year, it has announced over $1.4 billion in multi-year contracts amid data center buildouts, representing more than 9,000 beds.

“These awards reinforce the scale, customer relevance and capital-efficient deployment capabilities of Target Hyper/Scale, while strengthening Target’s exposure to long-duration demand across AI-driven data center and related critical infrastructure development,” the company wrote in a press release.

CEO Brad Archer wrote in a statement that the company is “entering the next phase of our growth with strong momentum and increasing confidence in our long‑term strategy. Since February 2025, we have secured more than $2.0 billion of multi‑year contracts, including approximately $1.8 billion within our rapidly expanding WHS segment, meaningfully enhancing revenue visibility, supporting consistent cash flows and driving improved margin contributions. These wins position Target to further expand its presence across high-value end markets with long-term momentum.”

In premarket trading, Target Hospitality is up nearly 10%. On the year, the stock has surged 91%, as of Friday’s close.

Keep reading

Parents Sent To Prison After Isolating Kids For FOUR YEARS Over Covid Fears

A court in northern Spain has sentenced a couple to prison after they kept their three children confined indoors for nearly four years due to intense fears of Covid.

The isolation, which began in December 2021 and continued until the children were rescued in April 2025, left the youngsters with significant mental and physical conditions, including difficulties walking, bowel and bladder control issues, and delayed development.

The case, underscores the profound and lasting effects that pandemic-related anxiety had, and continues to have, on some individuals.

Christian Steffen, 53, a German freelance tech recruiter, and his wife Melissa Ann Steffen, 48, an American-born naturalised German, lived in a rented home in Oviedo, Spain. 

Prosecutors stated that the parents “locked the minors up inside their home and isolated them completely from the rest of the world, denying them contact with other people both physically and through other forms of communication.”

They added that “The children didn’t even know their relatives or any other people that weren’t their parents. They never went outside, not even to the garden of their home, for almost four years because of the unfounded fear the accused had, and they had instilled in their children, that they might be infected with something.”

The children — a boy aged ten and eight-year-old twins — were not enrolled in school. They received homeschooling from their parents, had not seen a doctor since 2019, and lived in conditions described as squalid, with soiled nappies, rubbish, and inadequate sleeping arrangements including broken cots for the twins. 

Physical examinations revealed bowed legs, hunched posture, irritated skin, and other issues stemming from prolonged confinement and lack of medical care. After rescue, one child was reported to have knelt on the grass outside and touched it with amazement.

Keep reading

Scientists INTENTIONALLY Trigger 8,000 Earthquakes Deep Beneath Swiss Alps

Scientists at ETH Zurich university in Switzerland have deliberately induced around 8,000 seismic events deep underground in the Swiss Alps as part of an experiment called Fault Activation and Earthquake Rupture (FEAR-2).

The team injected 750,000 litres of water into the ground via two boreholes over approximately 50 hours at the BedrettoLab facility. The quakes were too small to be felt at the surface or cause damage, with magnitudes ranging from -5 to -0.14.

The researcher explained “While some seismic events occurred on the target fault zone, a large number of events took place on neighbouring geological structures activated by the fluid injection.”

Professor Domenico Giardini, one of the lead researchers, stated: “If we master how to produce quakes of a certain size, then we know how not to produce them.”

He also noted the advantages of the site: “It is perfect, because we have a kilometer and a half of mountain on top of us… and we can look very close at the faults, how they move, when they move, and we can make them move ourselves.”

He doesn’t seem all that worried about the mountains crumbling on top of him.

Keep reading

Greenland Leader Admits US Military Presence on Island Is Part of Negotiations ‌With Washington

PM Nielsen faces the US interest on his island head-on.                                                               

Danish caretaker Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen has lost the chance of negotiating a new coalition, after she led her Social Democrat party to the worst election result in its history.

Her ally, Greenland Prime Minister Jens-Frederik Nielsen, is now left to negotiate with the United States on the thorny issue of the designs by President Donald J. Trump over the Arctic island that is a semi-autonomous territory of Denmark.

Today (12), Nielsen said that increasing the US military presence in the Arctic territory is part of ongoing secret negotiations ‌with Washington.

Reuters reported:

“From the beginning, one of the issues has been that ​they don’t think we do enough in terms of national security and surveillance in our region, so security and more ​military presence in Greenland is part of the discussions,” Greenland Prime Minister Jens-Frederik Nielsen told reporters in Copenhagen.

Seeking to calm tensions, Greenland, Denmark and the US earlier this year agreed to hold high-level diplomatic negotiations to resolve the crisis, ​although the outcome of those ongoing talks has yet to be presented.”

Keep reading

As Hegseth Spars With Congress Over Iran War, Trump Decries Criticism As ‘Virtual Treason’

There was a bit of a narrative shift on display in Congress as back-to-back hearings on Capitol Hill with top defense and Trump admin officials played out Tuesday, with Secretary of War Pete Hegseth repeatedly on the defensive as he and the administration face intensified scrutiny over the Iran war.

And the growing frustration vented in Congress is not just being sounded by Democrats. As Washington Post’s Tuesday headline aptly describedHegseth, Caine encounter intense bipartisan frustration with Iran war. It seems President Trump has been made keenly aware of potential growing rebellion among GOP ranks, and biting criticisms over how the conflict and Strait of Hormuz standoff is going, given he decided to level the word “treason” in an afternoon Truth Social Post. It seemed also aimed at a series of apparent recent sensitive or classified info leaks within the administration and Pentagon to the media, related to the conflict…

Trump stated while en route to China: “When the Fake News says that the Iranian enemy is doing well, Militarily, against us, it’s virtual TREASON” – and he went on to charge that “they are aiding and abetting the enemy!”

“Only Losers, Ingrates, and Fools are able to make a case against America!” he also wrote.

This moment might remind the American public of another key turning point in US history when past president cast all criticisms of wars of choice in the Middle East: When President George W. Bush was gearing up to launch new forever wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in the wake of the September 11 attacks, he declared, “Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists.”

This week also saw arch-neoconservative Robert Kagan break from Trump’s Iran War in the the pages of the generally pro-war Atlantic:

It’s hard to think of a time when the United States suffered a total defeat in a conflict, a setback so decisive that the strategic loss could be neither repaired nor ignored.

Defeat in the present confrontation with Iran will be of an entirely different character. It can neither be repaired nor ignored. There will be no return to the status quo ante, no ultimate American triumph that will undo or overcome the harm done. The Strait of Hormuz will not be “open,” as it once was. With control of the strait, Iran emerges as the key player in the region and one of the key players in the world. The roles of China and Russia, as Iran’s allies, are strengthened; the role of the United States, substantially diminished. Far from demonstrating American prowess, as supporters of the war have repeatedly claimed, the conflict has revealed an America that is unreliable and incapable of finishing what it started. That is going to set off a chain reaction around the world as friends and foes adjust to America’s failure.

Keep reading

Trump Also Says That the Russia-Ukraine War Will End Very Soon

Is the war about to end?

The war between Russia and Ukraine entered its fifth year, and while the advances by Moscow troops is nowhere as fast as last year, the war is still ongoing, as brutal as ever.

People around the world were surprised, when on Sunday, after their ‘Victory Day’ parade, Russian President Vladimir Putin stated that he believed that the war in Ukraine was near the end.

Yesterday, this statement was reinforced by Kremlin’s spokesman Dmitri Peskov.

So, today, US President Donald J. Trump came to public to say the very same thing: the war is almost over.

Reuters reported:

“President Donald Trump said ​on Tuesday that ‌the war in Ukraine is very ​close to ​ending and he believes ⁠there will be ​a settlement between ​Russia and Ukraine.

‘The end of the war ​in Ukraine I ​really think it’s getting ‌very ⁠close’, Trump told reporters as he left the White ​House ​for ⁠a trip to China. ​Trump’s comments echoed those ​made ⁠by Russian President Vladimir Putin ⁠on ​Saturday.”

Putin has admitted that Trump is the only foreign head of state that truly wants to bring an end to the war between Russia and Ukraine.

Keep reading

18 U.S. Intel Agencies Said Iran Wasn’t Building a Nuke; CIA Concluded Iran Could Hold Out for Months

All 18 U.S. intelligence agencies had concluded that Iran was not building a nuclear weapon and would retaliate against U.S. bases across the Middle East if the U.S. attacked the country, former U.S. counterterrorism chief Joe Kent reported today.

The agencies also knew that Iran would close the Strait of Hormuz, Kent reported on X. 

The report from Kent — who quit his post due to the war on behalf of Israel — included a story from The Washington Post about a CIA analysis explaining that Iran could withstand American-Israeli attacks for months without suffering severe economic hardship.

Kent also challenged Post columnist Marc Thiessen, who thinks Trump should continue the war.

A former Green Beret and combat veteran, Kent has opposed the war from the beginning. He has said the U.S. must end aid to Israel and stop fighting its wars. One reason: The stated purpose of the war, that Iran would soon build a nuclear weapon, was bogus.

“One of the many tragedies of this war is that before the war began the U.S. Intel Community [IC], including CIA, was in agreement that Iran wasn’t developing a nuclear weapon & that Iran would target U.S. bases in the region & shut down the Strait of Hormuz if they were attacked by Israel & the U.S.,” Kent wrote:

The IC also properly assessed that targeting the Iranian leadership would strengthen the regime and embolden the hardliners. 

Despite the professionalism & accuracy of the IC, the narrative & agenda spun by a foreign government — Israel, won the argument & forced us into this war. 

We need to understand exactly how this happened to ensure we are never put in this position again.

Kent’s post affirms the report in The New York Times that Trump unwisely listened to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s claims that defeating Iran would be a cinch. Indeed, Secretary of State Marco Rubio called Netanyahu’s presentation to Trump in the White House Situation Room in February “bullsh*t” after CIA chief John Ratcliffe — citing an intelligence analysis of Netanyahu’s claims — called them “farcical” and “detached from reality.” 

Nonetheless, Trump went ahead.

Keep reading

Active CIA Whistleblower Set to Blow Lid Off Deep State COVID-19 Cover-Up in Explosive Senate Testimony Tomorrow – Sen. Rand Paul Reveals Intel Community Knew Lab Leak Origins for Years While American Taxpayers Funded Wuhan Research

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) has confirmed to Fox News’ Bill Melugin that an active CIA employee will testify publicly and in person before his Senate Homeland Security Committee tomorrow morning, and this brave whistleblower is ready to expose how the Deep State has been lying to the American people about the origins of COVID-19 for years.

This bombshell revelation comes just days after The Gateway Pundit reported on Sen. Paul’s announcement of the May 13 hearing, where he vowed “the truth is coming” about the COVID cover-up, even as the statute of limitations expires on potential charges against Anthony Fauci and despite Joe Biden’s desperate preemptive pardon of his favorite bureaucrat on his way out the door in January 2025.

According to Melugin’s exclusive report on X:

“Senate Homeland Security Committee Chairman Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) tells me that the COVID-19 whistleblower who will testify publicly & in person before his committee tomorrow morning is an active CIA employee who will testify that the intelligence community has covered up the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic for years.

“I think this whistleblower will help to confirm that this was known, has been known for a long time, and that when the scientists at the CIA looked at this, they discovered or they concluded that the virus had come from the lab,” Sen. Paul tells me.

“What we’re going to find is that the cover up is a real thing, that there are members of the community, the intelligence community, that still don’t want the truth to come out. I’ve said the government was involved not only in funding this research, but then in trying to obscure the truth. And the truth is the US government funded research in Wuhan, China, and that research led to a virus that escaped, escaped the lab, in all likelihood accidentally.”

I asked Senator Paul for any more details on who this CIA whistleblower is ahead of tomorrow’s hearing?

“This is a brave person who’s spent a career in the CIA,” Sen. Paul said. “I don’t know how much can be revealed, but is actually famous within the community for being someone who, behind the scenes, has really helped our country.””

Keep reading