Another Flawed Data Model From Imperial College To Blame For Latest UK Lockdown

The source behind the claim that a new COVID-19 strain in the UK is 70% more transmissible, Dr. Erik Volz of Imperial College, admits that the model that produced that statistic is flawed and that it is “too early to tell” if the strain is more easily spread.

On Saturday, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced extreme new measures just before the holidays due to the emergence of a new COVID-19 variant. Per Johnson, as well as the UK’s Chief Medical Officer Chris Whitty who also spoke at Saturday’s press conference, the new strain – nicknamed VUI-202012/01 – is around 70% more transmissible, but no evidence shows it to be any more severe or deadly than previous strains.

According to the BBC, Johnson’s assertion that the new variant “may be up to 70% more transmissible,” was based on the information discussed the day prior by the UK government’s New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group, or NERVTAG. Yet, as the BBC notes, this figureapparently comes from a single source, a 10 minute presentation delivered by Dr. Erik Volz of Imperial College given last Friday, the same day as the NERVTAG meeting.

Volz – a close colleague of the discredited Neil Ferguson – delivered the presentation to COVID-19 Genomics UK (COG-UK), a research consortium largely funded by the UK government and the Wellcome Trust and, in particular, the Wellcome Sanger Institute. The Wellcome Sanger Institute recently came under fire for “misusing” the DNA of Africans to develop a “gene chip without proper legal agreements” and an upcoming Unlimited Hangout report will detail the ties of the Wellcome Trust to the UK eugenics movement, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine. Notably, the Wellcome-funded scientist behind that vaccine candidate, Adrian Hill, was recently quoted by the Washington Post as saying that “We’re in the bizarre position of wanting COVID to stay, at least for a little while…But cases are declining.”The UK government, Google and other powerful stakeholders are positioned to profit from sales of that particular vaccine candidate.

Keep reading

Brits who refuse COVID-19 vaccine may be denied entry to restaurants, bars

No coronavirus vaccine, no service?

Brits could soon be denied entry to restaurants, bars, movie theaters and sporting events if they refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine, a top official said Monday.

Nadhim Zahawi, the minister in charge of the UK’s vaccine rollout, said that information about whether people have received a coronavirus vaccine might become available on the phone app already used for contact tracing.

“But also I think you’d probably find that restaurants and bars and cinemas and other venues, sports venues, will probably also use that system as they’ve done with the app,” Zahawi told the BBC.

“The sort of pressure will come both ways: from service providers — who will say, ‘Look, demonstrate to us that you have been vaccinated’ — but also we will make the technology as easy and accessible as possible.”

When asked whether it will become nearly impossible to do anything without the shot,Zahawi said he believes that most businesses will want to adopt protocols that take into account a person’s vaccine status.

Keep reading

What they DON’T tell you about Covid: Fewer beds taken up than last year, deaths a fraction of the grim forecasts, 95% of fatalities had underlying causes… and how the facts can be twisted to strike fear in our hearts

How accurate were the Government’s grim predictions?

The short answer is: not very. In a July report commissioned by Chief Scientific Adviser Sir Patrick Vallance, scientists estimated that there could be 119,000 deaths if a second spike coincided with a peak of winter flu. Yesterday, that figure stood at 54,286 – less than half that.

In fact, the second peak seems to have passed – over the past week there has been an average of 22,287 new infections a day, down from 24,430 the week before.

In mid-September, Sir Patrick made the terrifying claim that the UK could see 50,000 new coronavirus cases a day by mid-October unless more draconian restrictions were introduced. Yet we have never got near that figure.

What about its prophecies on deaths?

Ditto. Its warnings simply don’t bear any relation to reality.

During the ‘Halloween horror show’ press conference used by Sir Patrick and Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty to scare the Government into implementing a second lockdown, one of their slides suggested that daily Covid-19 deaths could reach 4,000 a day by December.

Keep reading

UK terrorism chief calls for ‘national debate’ on criminalizing doubts about Covid-19 vaccine

The UK’s top counter-terrorism cop has suggested society stop allowing people to question the wisdom of a rapid Covid-19 vaccine rollout, regarding such skepticism to be life-threatening “misinformation.”

Met Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu has pointedly questioned whether it is “the correct thing for society to allow” the sharing of “misinformation that could cost people’s lives” — demonizing all doubts about quickly developed Covid-19 vaccines whose potential long-term effects are not yet known and tying them to extremist radicalization efforts.

While he didn’t go so far as to call for a law to be passed banning such content, his suggestion of a “national debate” will presumably light a fire under ministers already mulling such legislation.

Basu also expressed worries about a “sharp increase in extremist material online in the last few years” during Wednesday’s press conference, warning of a “new and worrying trend in the UK” of young people being radicalized. Officials told UK media that Islamic extremists and far-right groups were using “false claims about coronavirus” to radicalize their followers. 

Social media users already wary of the rush to roll out the vaccine were disturbed by the attendant rush to criminalize criticism of it.

Keep reading

Metropolitan Police counter-terror chief Neil Basu calls for action on coronavirus anti-vaxxers

Britain’s top counter-terrorism officer today called for a nationwide debate on the introduction of new laws to punish people who spread anti-vaccination conspiracy theories.

Met Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said that there should be a discussion about whether it is “the correct thing for society to allow” people to spread “misinformation that could cost people’s lives” as he responded to concern that false claims online could undermine the take up of Covid-19 vaccines.

Mr Basu stopped short of endorsing the idea of a new law but his intervention will strengthen pressure on ministers to act against conspiracy theorists making false claims about the vaccines.

“There is a debate for society to have about free speech and responsibility and people who are spreading misinformation that could cost people’s lives… whether that is the correct thing for this society to allow to happen,” said Mr Basu.

Officials said that one reason for Mr Basu’s concern was that Islamist and far-Right groups were using false claims about coronavirus to radicalise followers. 

Keep reading

Spreading anti-vaxx conspiracy theories should be a CRIME, top scientists say amid fears bogus claims will damage uptake of coronavirus jab

Spreading anti-vaccine conspiracy theories online should be a crime, according to some of Britain’s top scientists.

The Royal Society and British Academy institutions have together called for laws to be drawn up about spreading bogus claims about vaccination on the internet.

A huge leap forward in the fight against coronavirus was announced yesterday when it emerged that a Covid-19 jab being developed by Pfizer and BioNTech appears to be 90 per cent effective and could be given to members of the public next month.

But experts fear lies about the vaccine spreading online will put people off getting the jab, and surveys have found that more than a third of Brits already say they are unlikely to have it.

Keep reading

A no-feel Sexxit? UK reintroduces sprawling casual-sex ban amid nationwide lockdown ramp-up

The UK government has warned horny citizens that getting down with someone who lives outside their household will violate strict new lockdown measures which have reanimated an unpopular policy from earlier this summer.

British couples who don’t live together have once again been banned from bonking by London’s coronavirus restrictions, which – as of Friday – forbid individuals living in “high risk” Tiers Two and Three regions from staying overnight at the house of someone outside their “bubble.” Unlike similar regulations rolled out over the summer, even individuals in an “established relationship” are strongly discouraged from getting it on.

The new rules prohibit mixing of households indoors unless the individuals involved are members of a support or childcare “bubble.” Traveling to the next town to have a sleepover with your significant other of several years is right out, as is taking home that hot little number you met at the bar (which closed, as Covid-19 diktat requires, at 10pm) – at least, for all who live under Tiers Two and Three, designated “high” and “very high” risk areas for Covid-19 transmission.

Keep reading

UK Officials Exposed For Inflating COVID Hospital Numbers At Height Of “Pandemic”

This latest embarrassing admission comes on the heels of other similar revelations of dubious record-keeping by the government – all of which have been pivotal in giving the false impression to the public that there were more COVID deaths than actually took place. Back in July, UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock was forced to admit how data from Public Health England regarding coronavirus fatalities were being fraudulently recorded – effectively ‘double counting’ their deaths, forcing the government officials to revise their totals downwards to reflect more realist numbers.

This latest ‘COVID counting’ scandal in the area of hospital admissions shows why the these numbers are crucial in how government policies are sold to the public. Professor Carl Heneghan, director of the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (CEBM) at Oxford University said, “The  admissions data is a crucial point. I’d say it is more important than the death data because it is the best marker of the impact of the disease.”

This widespread practice of exaggerating COVID casualty numbers appears to have aided the government in justifying its shaky position on to imposing draconian ‘lockdown’ measures and school closures, as well as to hype the imminent release of a COVID ‘miracle’ vaccine which the UK government has been developing in partnership with pharmaceutical firms like AstaZeneca and its vaccine financiers at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

Keep reading

Pedophile Councilman, Who Worked at a Children’s Home, Walks Free Despite Videos of Child Rape

On a regular basis, members of government — a government we are told exists to protect society from chaos — are caught preying on society’s most vulnerable. From heads of state to low level cops, child abusers are rife within all the ranks. All too often, when these child abusers are caught, despite overwhelming and often horrifying evidence, they walk free because of their politically connected status. This is exactly what happened with city councilman Roger Spackman.

Spackman was caught with over one million child porn images — including of 12-year-old girls being raped — and he walked free this week. On top of his position in the City Council, this vile member of the government also worked at a secure children’s home at the time he started collecting the enormous hoard of images.

According to authorities, Spackman was part of an underground internet network called The Other Place. In 2017, a police investigation found Spackman in possession of over one million images and videos at his home on a whopping 68 different electronic devices.

Judge Peter Johnson, of the Exeter Crown Court in England, where Spackman lives, noted that this was ‘an astonishing number’ of images and videos. Despite the judge admitting to the utterly shocking nature of Spackman’s crimes, he let him walk free.

Johnson sentenced Spackman to prison for ten months, however, that sentence was suspended. Instead, Spackman walked out of the courtroom a free man with just 40 days of rehab for possessing the “huge number of images.”

Not only is the system refusing to put this child predator away for a long time like he deserves, they actually praised his work in government while doing it.

The judge told the court that Spackman was a man of good character working hard in public service as a councilor in Exeter before his “fall from grace which has been dramatic.” He then went on to call Spackman the victim and blame the possession on images on the people who sent them to him, not Spackman.

The judge said Spackman had been abused as a child and played the role of an abused child in this forum. Apparently, this is what Spackman used as his defense — and it worked.

“He likes to pretend he is a young girl who will be abused. He will pretend to be a young girl,” the pedophile’s attorney, Barry White said.

Keep reading