‘Keep your mouth shut!’ Army veterans recount how they were told to stay quiet after encounter with ‘alien craft’ as Congress holds first hearings into UFOs in half a century

Three former cavalrymen revealed their encounter with a UFO at a Middle East US military base in 2014 – and complained they had no official way to report the strange sighting.

Now the three veterans are speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com in a rare on-record interview as  the first public Congressional hearings on UFOs in half a century got underway Tuesday.

They said they saw eight bright objects hovering and zipping across the sky at incredible speeds from a desert outpost in Sinai, on the Egyptian border, around December 2014.

The three cavalry scouts, who are trained in identifying aircraft, believe the objects they witnessed were of non-human origin.

One claims he was told ‘keep your mouth shut’ by a senior officer after word spread among his regiment about the sighting.

Keep reading

Rare Congressional UFO Hearing Didn’t Provide ‘Real Answers to Serious Questions’: Lawmaker

Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Tenn.) said the Pentagon isn’t being transparent enough with the public on UFOs, offering few answers to long-existing unexplained phenomena at a historic hearing.

“We just got hosed, basically,” Burchett told reporters on May 17, saying that he thinks officials are withholding information from Americans on UFOs, also known as Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAPs) in official jargon.

The remarks came after the first open UFO hearing since 1969. Sightings of unexplained lights by aviators have occurred since the early days of flight yet the topic hasn’t had a mainstream discussion in the past half-century until this week.

Earlier on Tuesday, a House Intelligence subcommittee heard testimony from the Pentagon, including its top intelligence official Ronald Moultrie and the deputy director of Naval Intelligence, Scott Bray, who also showed lawmakers two videos of UAPs.

Keep reading

US has recovered wreckage from UFOs – the truth could change the world as we know it, says Congressman

A CONGRESSMAN has claimed the US has wreckage recovered from a UFO as the phenomena takes centre stage today in Washington.

Rep. Tim Burchett – a long term advocate for disclosure – told The Sun Online he has been informed by reliable sources that “material” has been recovered from the objects or craft that have been reported in skies over the US.

The Tennessee Republican declined to elaborate further as he said the information had been passed to him in a “classified setting”.

“I’ve been told by multiple sources we have recovered something from these [crafts or objects],” Mr Burchett told The Sun Online.

He was speaking just hours before the first UFO hearing in Washington in decades as the topic steps from the fringe into the mainstream.

UFO discussion in the US has shifted from conspiracy theories to a genuine national security concern after a string of servicemen and defence officials came forward regarding their strange encounters.

Keep reading

UFOs: Few answers at rare US Congressional hearing

The first public congressional hearing into UFO sightings in the US in over 50 years ended with few answers about the unexplained phenomenon.

Two top military officials tasked with probing the sightings said that most can ultimately be identified.

But they said a number of events have defied all attempts at explanation.

The sightings recorded by the military include 11 “near-misses” with US aircraft.

Some Unexplained Aerial Phenomena (UAPs) – as the military terms UFOs – seem to have been moving without any discernible means of propulsion.

During the hearing at the House Intelligence Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, and Counterproliferation Subcommittee, top Pentagon intelligence official Ronald Moultrie said that through “rigorous” analysis, most – but not all – UAPs can be identified.

Keep reading

Congress will hold its first public UFO hearing in 50 YEARS today: Two top intelligence officials will testify on ‘unidentified aerial phenomena’ and their potential national security risks

A House subcommittee is prepping to hold its first hearing open to the public on UFOs in more than 50 years on Tuesday, with two top intelligence officials set to testify. 

On Tuesday at 9 a.m. the House Intelligence Committee’s Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, and Counterproliferation Subcommittee will delve into details on reports of ‘unidentified aerial phenomena.’ Such high-level conversations have for the past half century been reserved for closed-door meetings among high-ranking military officials. 

‘The American people expect and deserve their leaders in government and intelligence to seriously evaluate and respond to any potential national security risks — especially those we do not fully understand,’ the panel chair, Rep. André Carson, said in a statement on Tuesday.

Ronald Moultrie, the Pentagon‘s top intelligence official, and Scott Bray, the deputy director of naval intelligence, will testify before the panel. 

Last June, Congress requested a report on ‘unidentified aerial phenomena,’ another term for UFO, and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) offered a preliminary assessment focusing on 144 incidents dating back to 2004. DNI was only able to explain one. 

The report said data was ‘largely inconclusive’ but most of the incidents definitely involved ‘physical objects.’  Many of the sightings were reported by military pilots. 

Keep reading

US Congress to question Pentagon on UFOs

The US House Intelligence Committee has scheduled a hearing to follow up on some 143 UFO sightings reported between 2004 and 2021, Representative André Carson (D-Indiana) revealed on Tuesday. The hearing, scheduled for next Tuesday, will be held by the Intelligence Committee’s subcommittee on counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and counterproliferation, which Carson chairs.

Since this is an area of high public interest, any undue secrecy can serve as an obstacle to solving the mystery, or it could prevent us from finding solutions to potential vulnerabilities,” Carson told the New York Times. “This hearing is about examining steps that the Pentagon can take to reduce the stigma surrounding reporting by military pilots, and by civilian pilots.

Among those testifying before the subcommittee are Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence and Security Ronald Moultrie and Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence Scott Bray. Both have been involved with further investigating the 143 sightings detailed in a report released last year by the Pentagon’s Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force, an office that has since been replaced by the Airborne Object Identification and Management Synchronization Group. The new division, led by Moultrie, is supposed to “detect, identify and attribute objects of interest in Special Use Airspace and to assess and mitigate any associated threats to safety of flight and national security.

Keep reading

Congress Thinks The Pentagon Is Not Taking UFO Reports Seriously After Latest Briefings

Lawmakers on the Senate Intelligence and Armed Services Committees are unimpressed with the classified progress reports on UFOs they received in a briefing Monday, according to Politico.

Though the office is not expected to be fully operational until June, members of the committees have said that national security agencies aren’t taking reports of highly advanced aircraft of unknown origins seriously enough, Politico reported.

Congress passed the National Defense Authorization Act four months ago, which required the Pentagon to create an Anomaly Surveillance and Resolution Office to thoroughly investigate and analyze UFOs or “unidentified aerial phenomena,” according to the legislation.

The creation of the office was spearheaded by Democratic New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, who reportedly believes that the “DoD needs to take this issue much more seriously and get in motion,” one of her aides told Politico following the briefing. Her sentiments were mirrored by Republican Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.

Rubio is reportedly “frustrated” that the office is “not moving fast enough, not doing enough, not sharing enough,” an aide told Politico.

Keep reading

NASA may provoke alien invasion, scientists warn

Scientists at the UK’s Oxford University have reportedly sounded an alarm over plans by NASA to broadcast location data and other information into space, warning that the effort could have dangerous unintended consequences, including triggering an alien invasion.

At issue is the planned “Beacon in the Galaxy” (BITG), a broadcast of data by a NASA-led team of researchers with the aim of greeting “extraterrestrial intelligences.” The US space agency wants to beam the signal from the SETI Institute’s Allen Telescope array in California and China’s Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Radio Telescope (FAST). It would include such information as the biochemical composition of life on Earth, the Solar System’s time-stamped position in the Milky Way, digitized images of humans and an invitation for extraterrestrials to respond.

Anders Sandberg, a senior researcher at Oxford’s Future of Humanity Institute (FHI), argued that such a broadcast could be risky. In the unlikely event that an alien civilization receives the message, he said, the response might not be just a friendly greeting.

The search for alien life has a “giggle factor” around it, Sandberg told the UK’s Telegraph newspaper in an article published on Sunday. “Many people refuse to take anything related to it seriously, which is a shame because this is important stuff.”

Another FHI scientist at Oxford, Toby Ord, has suggested that there should be public discussion before sending signals to aliens. Even listening for incoming messages could be dangerous, he added, as they could be used to entrap Earthlings. “These dangers are small but poorly understood and not yet well managed,” he said.

Keep reading