Blog

Legal Scholar John Yoo Says State and Elected Officials in Minnesota Could Absolutely End Up in Prison Over Fraud: ‘These People Are in a Lot of Trouble’

John Yoo is a law professor at UC-Berkeley who worked in the Justice Department under President George W. Bush. Today, he appeared on FOX News with
Kayleigh McEnany.

She asked him if there was any possibility that elected officials and state officials in Minnesota could go to prison over the massive fraud that has been uncovered there.

He said that they absolutely can, and maybe not in the way you might think.

Yoo says:

“These people are in a lot of trouble. These are not just overpayments. This is not just, as we were talking about the other day, criminal fraud.

Now that you’re seeing the money end up in the hands of foreign terrorist organizations, the Justice Department’s counter-terrorism and national security division should now get involved and see whether any of these state officers knew or were abetting these money transfers, because if they did they are giving material support to terrorists and they could go to jail for a very long time.”

Kayleigh then asks if any of these people would be covered by any sort of immunity, to which Yoo replies “Of course not.”

As an example, he points to the Wisconsin judge who was recently found guilty of trying to hide an illegal alien from federal officers. He then goes on to say that the situation in Minnesota is actually worse than that.

Keep reading

Seattle’s socialist Mayor Katie Wilson slammed for cutting short interview over basic public safety question

Seattle socialist Mayor Katie Wilson is facing renewed backlash after abruptly cutting short an interview when pressed on a basic public safety question.

The two-minute video has amassed nearly 1 million views on X and sparked fierce criticism of the newly installed mayor.

Wilson awkwardly exited the interview with Seattle’s TV station KOMO after being asked about the role of surveillance cameras amid rising gun violence in the city.

“That’s obviously been an issue that you weighed in on. Does that change it? Does that change your perspective at all?” a reporter asked.

As the question was posed, the mayor began to break eye contact and glance at what appeared to be her press staffers off camera, who could be heard telling the reporter to “keep it on topic.”

Keep reading

Fugees Rapper Pras Reports to Prison to Begin 14-Year Sentence for Illegal Foreign Obama Donations

Grammy-winning rapper Prakazrel “Pras” Michel of the Fugees has reported to federal prison to begin a 14-year sentence following a conviction over illegally funneling millions of dollars in foreign contributions to former President Barack Obama’s 2012 reelection campaign.

Michel reported to prison Thursday, a spokesperson said, with federal records listing him as an inmate at a low-security correctional institution in Arizona.

“Today is a painful day for Pras, for his family, and for everyone who believes in a fair system of justice. Pras honors the legal process as he reports to begin his sentence,” said Erica Dumas, a spokesperson for Michel, adding that his legal team is still contesting his charges.

“This chapter is difficult, but it is not his final one,” Dumas said.

Michel, 53, was convicted in 2023 on 10 counts, including conspiracy and acting as an unregistered agent of a foreign government. He was sentenced late last year.

Prosecutors said he obtained over $120 million from Malaysian billionaire Low Taek Jho — also known as Jho Low — and steered some of that money through straw donors to Obama’s campaign. Michel also tried to end a U.S. Justice Department investigation of Low, tampered with two witnesses and perjured himself at trial, prosecutors said. Low has maintained his innocence.

Michel was a founding member of the Fugees along with childhood friends Lauryn Hill and Wyclef Jean, with the group going on to win two Grammy Awards and selling tens of millions of albums.

Keep reading

Iran war ‘likely’ to restart, senior Tehran official warns after Trump says US might be ‘better off’ without deal

The war between the US and Iran is “likely” to restart, a senior Iranian official predicted on the heels of comments by President Trump that the US might be “better off” without an agreement.

A “renewed conflict between Iran and the United States is likely,” said Mohammad Jafar Asadi, a high-level officer in Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

Iran wants the US to test its strength, said Ali Rafiei Atani, an IRGC commander in Qazvin province.

“We hope America makes a mistake and tests its power on the ground as well. It was defeated at sea and in the air, and we would like it to test itself on the ground too,” claiming the conflict had “shattered America’s hollow power.”

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), an Iran hawk and a prominent Trump ally, is calling on the president to “finish the job” with more strikes if Tehran continues to be “provocative.”

Keep reading

Mamdani allocates $500K for reparations talks as NYC faces $5.4B deficit

Under Mayor Zohran Mamdani, New York City has set aside $500,000 to fund community discussions on reparations and other forms of assistance for Black New Yorkers as a major budget deficit looms, internal communications show.

An internal message, dated January, detailed how more than two dozen groups would be given tens of thousands of dollars each to participate in “conversations to discuss the development of a Reparations study” and to gather “input on the early development of the citywide Truth, Healing and Reconciliation plan.” 

Funding, according to the document, “allows for each community member to receive an incentive for their time” and covers the costs of providing participants with “refreshments.”

Amid the reparations spending, New York City faces an estimated $5.4 billion budget deficit throughout the next two fiscal years. 

Mamdani thus far has not proposed service cuts to address the shortfall, opting instead to seek out increased taxes and dip into the city’s emergency cash reserves while increasing funding for racial equity initiatives.

Keep reading

Stanford Biosecurity Expert Says AI Chatbot Gave Him a Blueprint for Genocidal Bioweapon, Including Step-by-Step Instructions for Modifying Deadly Pathogen and Conducting Mass Transit Attack

Stanford University microbiologist and longtime U.S. government biosecurity advisor Dr. David Relman has revealed that an AI chatbot handed him a detailed, unprompted plan for engineering and deploying a genocidal bioweapon capable of mass casualties.

The incident, which occurred during a formal safety test last summer, highlights how leading AI models are lowering the barrier to bioterrorism, shifting it from expert-level knowledge to simple prompting.

Dr. Relman, a prominent microbiologist who has advised the federal government on biological weapons threats, was specifically hired by an unnamed AI company, under a confidentiality agreement, to “pressure-test” or red-team its chatbot before public release.

These tests are designed to probe for catastrophic risks, including biosecurity threats.

While working alone in his home office one evening, Relman engaged the model in a conversation about safety limits. The AI went far beyond any direct query. It explained in detail how to modify an “infamous pathogen” in a laboratory setting to make it resistant to all known treatments, how to exploit a specific security lapse in a large public transit system for optimal release, and included a full deployment strategy designed to maximize casualties while minimizing the chances of the perpetrator being caught, according to a report from the New York Times.

The bot even offered additional steps Relman had not asked for.

“It was answering questions that I hadn’t thought to ask it, with this level of deviousness and cunning that I just found chilling,” Relman told the New York Times.

The scientist was so shaken by the exchange that he took a walk outside to clear his head.

Relman reported the dangerous output to the company, which made some adjustments to the model. However, he stated that the fixes were insufficient to guarantee public safety, raising alarms about whether current safeguards can ever fully contain these risks.

Relman’s experience is not isolated. The New York Times obtained more than a dozen similar transcripts from biosecurity experts who were testing publicly available and pre-release AI models.

Keep reading

More Devastating News for Democrats

The Supreme Court’s bombshell ruling striking down racial gerrymandering under the Voting Rights Act sent shockwaves through the political landscape this week — and Southern Republican governors wasted no time acting on it. For Democrats, who have spent years leaning on race-based district engineering to protect their congressional seats, the timing couldn’t be worse.

Alabama and Tennessee both called special legislative sessions on Friday to redraw their congressional maps, and the dominoes are already starting to fall across the South.

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey moved quickly, calling lawmakers into special session and signaling she wants the state ready to hold new primary elections if the courts move fast enough to allow it. Right now, Alabama’s May 19 primaries are set to proceed using a court-ordered map that artificially packs black voters into two districts — a map the Supreme Court’s ruling makes unconstitutional. Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall filed an emergency motion Friday asking the court for a quick answer on whether the state can revert to its previously drawn map, which has just one majority-black district and would almost certainly deliver an additional Republican seat in Congress.

“By calling the Legislature into a special session, I am ensuring Alabama is prepared should the courts act quickly enough to allow Alabama’s previously drawn congressional and state Senate maps to be used during this election cycle,” Ivey said Friday afternoon.

Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee followed suit, calling his own special session to review the state’s congressional map. The current map includes a single Democratic-controlled district anchored in Memphis, and Lee’s office has warned that “any change to Tennessee’s congressional map must be enacted as soon as possible,” ahead of the August 6 primary.

It’s not hard to read the tea leaves on where this is headed.

Keep reading

Communist and socialist groups call for ‘revolution’ and seizure of property at Minneapolis May Day rally

Communist and socialist groups called for a “revolution” at a May Day rally in Minneapolis Friday, highlighting the growing influence of far-left organizations at an event traditionally centered on workers’ rights.

Some of those demonstrators denounced capitalism and pushed for the seizure of private property and the means of production, marking a shift in tone from past May Day rallies that primarily focused on labor issues.

Protesters on the ground outlined a range of demands, including rent caps tied to income, a reduced work week and the redistribution of wealth from billionaires. The rally, which drew well over 1,000 people, was organized as an immigrant rights demonstration but brought together a broad mix of labor unions, activist organizations and far-left political groups marching side by side.

Among the groups present were the Communist Party USA, the Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO), the Revolutionary Communists of America (RCA), the Party for Socialism and Liberation (PSL) and members of the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA), with numerous participants carrying flags and signage featuring socialist imagery like the hammer and sickle.

Keep reading

Trump: There Could Be a Future Where U.S. Energy Companies Operate in Iran

President Donald Trump said there “could be” a future where American energy companies are operating inside of Iran in response to a question from Breitbart News on Saturday.

Trump spoke to reporters for just over three minutes on the tarmac of Palm Beach International Airport before boarding Air Force One and departing for Miami.

When Breitbart News asked if he envisions a future where American energy companies are operating inside of Iran, much like Venezuela, he said, “Could be.”

“Could be. It could be. I’ll tell you what, we have a lot of ships coming up to Texas and Louisiana. It’s a line of ships,” he said. “You saw the satellite. We have a line of ships; big ones. Two million barrels, and they’re coming up. I mean, literally hundreds of ships are in line to go to Texas. I mean, they’re already started, but we’re selling a lot of oil. A lot of oil.”

Before taking any questions, Trump said that Iran desires a deal.

“[We’re] doing very well with regard to Iran. Again, they want to make a deal. They’re decimated. They’re having a hard time figuring out who their leader is. They don’t know who their leader is because their leader is gone…their former leader,” he told reporters, referring to Ali Khamenei, who was killed at the beginning of Operation Epic Fury.

The president’s gaggle with reporters came soon after reports surfaced from Iranian state media that Iran had countered a 9-point U.S. proposal for a deal to end the war with their own 14-point plan.

Trump said he had not yet read the proposal but would do so aboard the short flight on Air Force One to Miami.

“I’ll let you know about it later,” he said.

Keep reading

What Do You Think Happened After This English Teen Converted to Islam?

The United Kingdom, and the West in general, is deep in the throes of a severe spiritual malady. Large numbers of people in these historically Christian nations have cast off their ancestral faith, but haven’t managed to find anything that even comes close to filling the spiritual void they have opened up in their lives by doing so.

Meanwhile, they’re constantly told that while their own history and heritage is full of slavery, oppression, and racism, the Muslim migrants who are arriving in Britain (and all over the West) in large numbers are bringing with them a noble, unsullied faith, the overall wonderfulness would be obvious to everyone if not for a wholly unwarranted, race-based “Islamophobia.”

And so the Oxford Mail recently ran an article about a young English lad from Oxfordshire who “converted to Islam as a teenager.” That must mean that he converted within the last three years, as we’re told that he is sixteen now. Judging on the basis of what we’re told about Islam and “Islamophobia,” one might have expected this story to be all about how Islam transformed this young fellow’s life, and led him to feel better, act better, and live better. One might have expected to read happy quotations from the boy’s parents, all about, say, how he had fallen in with a rough crowd, and there are just so many temptations facing young people these days, but then he discovered the Qur’an, and since then, has been quiet, studious, courteous, and serious about bettering himself and making something of himself in this cruel world.

The whole story might have been another establishment media attempt to reassure Britons who are jittery about their country’s present and downright fearful about its future. Everything is going to be all right, you see; Islam is certainly different to what we are used to, but it makes people sober, upright, and godly, and who could possibly object to that? All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well, if only the “far right” would stop its endless agitating.

But that’s not exactly what the story is about.

Instead, it seems that this new Muslim now stands “accused of having a suicide vest and of supporting Islamic State (IS).” The pious young man has been “charged with stockpiling weapons, explosives and a suicide vest at his family home.” Even that is not all. He is “also accused of supporting IS and is suspected of sharing its propaganda on terrorist attacks as well as footage of battlefield explosions and killings.” He is even “said to have had swords in his possession as well as homemade explosives.”

Keep reading