Wes Moore apologizes for ‘honest mistake’ in claiming a Bronze Star

Maryland Gov. Wes Moore (D) has apologized for incorrectly stating on a White House application more than a decade ago that he was a Bronze Star recipient. 

Moore, a rising star in the Democratic Party, served in the Army Reserve between 1996 and 2014. He was deployed to Afghanistan in August 2005 through March 2006. 

Though he has won multiple awards for his service, including the National Defense Service Medal, he stated on a 2006 application for the White House Fellowship that his service won him the award of a Bronze Star. 

“For my work, the 82nd Airborne Division have awarded me the Bronze Star Medal and the Combat Action Badge,” Moore wrote on his application, according to documents obtained and published Thursday by The New York Times.

The Bronze Star is awarded to service members who perform “acts of heroism in ground combat,” according to the Air Force’s Personnel Center.

But Moore never actually was awarded the prestigious award, according to the Times investigation. 

In a statement Thursday, Moore said he made an “honest mistake” in 2006 when he wrote on his application for the White House Fellowship that he had won the prestigious military award. 

“While serving overseas with the Army, I was encouraged to fill out an application for the White House Fellowship by my deputy brigade commander,” Moore said. “In fact, he helped me edit it before I sent it in. At the time, he had recommended me for the Bronze Star. He told me to include the Bronze Star award on my application after confirming with two other senior-level officers that they had also signed off on the commendation.”

Keep reading

HORROR: Military Parents Lose Custody of 16-Year-Old Autistic Son After Refusing to Let Him Transition to a Girl – Son is Currently in Foster Care Living with ‘Non-Gendered’ Chaplain Named “Lavender”

A black military family residing in Maryland is suing a DC hospital after they lost custody of their 16-year-old autistic son for refusing to let him ‘transition’ to a girl.

According to The Daily Mail, the parents hospitalized their teen son for self-harming after he broke up with a girlfriend back in 2021.

While the minor teen was hospitalized, the staff at Children’s National Hospital told the parents their son wanted to become a girl and his preferred pronouns are she/her.

The parents said their son never expressed the desire to become a girl until he spent time in the hospital. They argued in their lawsuit that their son is “impressionable” because he is autistic.

They alleged the hospital staff started a “full-on campaign to transgender this child” and forced him to write letters to friends informing them he is no longer a male.

The teen is now 19-years-old and in foster care living with a ‘non-gendered’ chaplain named Lavender Kelley.

Keep reading

Maryland Professor Pens Article Suggesting ‘Black People’ Wish Shooter Had Killed Trump

Just days after the attempted assassination of President Donald Trump, a professor at Morgan State University in Maryland penned an op-ed claiming that she and other Black Americans are justified in wishing that the attempt to kill “evil” Trump had been successful.

In Dr. Stacey Patton’s article, “‘Is He Dead?’ Why Black People Are Not Grieving The Failed Assassination Of Donald Trump,” the professor likens the attempt on Trump’s life to two failed attempts against Nazi leader Adolf Hitler and pushes the type of “Trump is Hitler” narrative that lead to the failed attempt on his life.

Patton describes how the world would have been better off had the assassination attempt been successful.

Patton writes:

Is it immoral to yearn for the death of another human being? Of course it is, in most cases.

But when we look back upon the past and see the acrid smoke of crematoriums and mountains of bodies, can you blame people for weighing the value of a single life against the salvation of millions?

Patton uses that twisted logic to say that the July 13th attempt on President Trump’s life is an equivalent moment in time to killing Hitler and thus Black Americans would wish for the former president’s death because they wish for “the death of evil.”

Violence is America’s main currency and Donald Trump has served as the spark for the official rebirth of white supremacy.

Black people are not reveling in violence. We are wishing for the death of evil. We are longing for the prevention of evil. For a moment on Saturday, we held our collective breath. We were suspended in uncertainty, caught between desperation and hope, asking: What if?

Keep reading

Leader Of Maryland LGBTQ+ Dems Caught In Alleged Pedo Sting, Trying To Meet With Young Boy

The head of the Maryland Democratic Party (MDP) LGBTQ+ Diversity Leadership Council (DLC), Michael Knaapen, who, of course, uses pronouns and lives in ultra-progressive Montgomery County, Maryland (as per his own profile on the Maryland Dems website), was caught on video in a very disturbing predator sting.

We just busted the head of the LGBTQ Dems of Maryland going after a 14-year-old. Groomers are about to be mad,” Alex Rosen, founder of Houston-based vigilante organization Predator Poachers, which conducts sting operations on adults nationwide who seek sexual activities with young boys and girls. 

Pedophile Hunter Rosen posted a video on X featuring Knaapen discussing his role as the head of the MDP LGBTQ+ DLC

Keep reading

Maryland Elementary School Tries To Force Students To Say The Pledge

It’s been over 80 years since the Supreme Court ruled in West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette that schoolchildren can’t be forced to say the Pledge of Allegiance. One Maryland elementary school, however, has yet to get the memo.

According to the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression, a First Amendment nonprofit, Twin Ridge Elementary School officials sent an email on April 26 informing staff that state law requires “all students and teachers are required ‘to stand and face the flag and while standing give an approved salute and recite in unison the pledge of allegiance.'” 

But the email failed to note that there is a clear exception to this requirement encoded in state law—not to mention a decades-old Supreme Court ruling. Maryland law explicitly states that “any student or teacher who wishes to be excused from the requirements” of the pledge law would be excused.

“While non-participation may upset others who believe the pledge is an important expressive act, that reaction cannot overcome the First Amendment’s protection of those who decide to abstain,” Stephanie Jablonsky, a senior program officer at FIRE, wrote in a legal letter to the school last week. “Peaceful refusal to endorse a specified viewpoint cannot be grounds for punishment. The same holds for teachers and staff.”

FIRE has called on Twin Ridge Elementary to “correct its April 26 directive and notify staff of their rights and their students’ rights” to not recite the pledge.

Unfortunately, this is far from the first time that public schools have attempted to force students and staff to say the Pledge of Allegiance in recent years.

In 2018, officials in a Texas school district settled with a student who was expelled for refusing to stand for the pledge. But before the case was over, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton publicly took the school’s side and attempted to intervene on their behalf in the federal case.

Keep reading

U.S. Capitol Police Officer Of Calvert County Convicted In Child Porn Case

Jared Michael Lemon, 43, of Owings, was convicted on Friday, May 10, 2024, of five counts of unlawful possession of child pornography.  The conviction followed a trial in Calvert County Circuit Court before the Honorable Mark S. Chandlee. 

In late 2022, an acquaintance of Lemon’s found disturbing images on Lemon’s cell phone.  She reported it to the police and to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. 

Members of the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force of the Maryland State Police obtained a search warrant for Lemon’s electronic devices.  A forensic exam of these devices revealed 59 images of children under the age of 16 engaged in sexual conduct.  Lemon was charged in connection with 5 of the images. 

Sentencing is set for July 29, 2024.  Lemon is facing up to 25 years in prison and a $12,500 fine. 

Keep reading

18-year-old female trans student charged for planning two Maryland school shootings, manifesto said she wanted to be ‘famous’

An 18-year-old high school student who identifies as transgender was arrested and charged over alleged plans to shoot up a Montgomery County, Maryland school. The suspect had a 129-page manifesto in which the student strategized how to undertake the crime.

Andrea Ye, of Rockville, who goes by Alex Ye was arrested on Wednesday by local Montgomery County Police. This follows an investigation carried out by local police in association with the FBI field office out of Baltimore. The manifesto was discovered after a search warrant was carried out. 

“Ye was taken into custody and charged with threats of mass violence. He is currently being held at the Montgomery County Central Processing Unit where he awaits a bond hearing,” read the news release from the Montgomery County Department of Police, referring to the female student as “he.”

Parts of the manifesto were reportedly included in the application for statement of charges. It read:

“I want to shoot up my school. I’ve been preparing for it for the past few months. As I sit in front of my dad’s gun case and stare at the sleek, black gun inside, all I can think about is my finger on the trigger, taking aim, and killing people. The gun is an AR-15 style semi-automatic rifle. It’s the kind of gun with a long barrel and a stock you put up against your shoulder. The gun is going to change lives tomorrow.”

“As I walk through the hallways, I cherry pick the classrooms that are the easiest targets. These ones are close to the entrance and have windows in the doors. I need to figure out how I’ll sneak the gun in. Maybe a duffel bag will work. I just hope security doesn’t stop me.”

Keep reading

Small Town in Maryland Suspends Entire Police Force and Residents Have No Idea Why

The leaders of the small town of Ridgely, Maryland recently suspended its entire police force and to make matters worse, the people who live there have absolutely no idea why this happened.

So much for transparency in government.

This comes at a time when concerns about crime are at an all-time high.

The Associated Press reported:

A small town suspended its entire police force. Residents want to know why

A small town on Maryland’s Eastern Shore has suspended its entire police force pending the results of an investigation by state prosecutors, a largely unexplained decision that has left residents shocked, skeptical and on edge…

With the Ridgely Police Department temporarily defunct, other public safety agencies have agreed to fill the void. But residents of the historic town are concerned about response times should they need assistance. And they remain entirely in the dark about why their police department was shut down.

Keep reading

Maryland city hires ‘racial equity’ leader who incites violence, promotes black liberation through revolution

The City of College Park, Maryland, hired a “racial equity” leader to spearhead its mission to eliminate systemic racism in its departments who has made statements defending violence and promoting the idea of a revolution against the United States. 

Kayla Aliese Carter supports “Black liberation” through revolutionary means and said she is working with some activists to plan “how we will eat and live and grow after we burn it all down.” She was hired to be a “Racial Equity Officer” under former Mayor Patrick L. Wojahn, who resigned from office after being arrested for child pornography.

According to the city’s website, she assembled a team tasked with implementing a “racial equity” agenda across all city departments, affecting policies, practices, programs and budgets. However, after publication, the city told Fox News Digital that Carter doesn’t oversee an entire team. 

“Ms. Carter does not oversee an ‘entire team.’ Ms. Carter does not supervise City staff and her work primarily has been with the City’s Restorative Justice Commission, which has been charged with the development and implementation of a successful process of restorative justice for College Park’s Lakeland community,” the city told Fox News Digital. 

Carter was hired after former Mayor Wojahn signed into law “Resolution 20-R-16,” “which renounced systemic racism, declared support of Black lives, and called for the ongoing explicit and conscious confrontation of racism,” in the aftermath of the death of George Floyd in 2020.

Keep reading

Top Maryland Lawmaker Calls Out Counties For Blocking Marijuana Dispensaries

An effort by some counties to use zoning to limit if not prevent the opening of cannabis dispensaries has drawn the ire of the powerful chair of a House committee in Annapolis.

House and Senate panels are considering legislation that would make it tougher for local governments to restrict where cannabis dispensaries can locate. House Economic Matters Committee Chair Del. C.T. Wilson (D-Charles) said counties are trying to countermand the newly legalized cannabis market and the state’s efforts to limit if not end illegal sales.

In the months that followed the first legal recreational sales in July, some counties looked to zoning to slow the opening of new dispensaries. Those efforts are now the focus of legislation designed to block those attempts, which sometimes seek to prevent any sales of the drug or are born out of the concerns about the clustering of alcohol and tobacco shops in Black and brown communities.

“This was thought out,” said Wilson, speaking of the state’s entry into legal recreational cannabis sales. “This was not done randomly. And this is not about state control. It is about protecting people, protecting us and protecting a now legitimate business. So I want to make sure we understand that we are not here to stuff them, to cluster them.”

Wilson’s HB 805 prohibits counties from imposing zoning regulations more restrictive than those imposed on retail liquor stores. Current law prohibits dispensaries within 500 feet of a playground, recreation center, library, public park, or place of worship. Wilson’s bill qualifies that restriction to pre-existing facilities.

Wilson said he will ask for an amendment to increase the distance between dispensaries from 1,000 feet to 1,500 feet.

Counties can reduce but not increase the statutory distance requirements for dispensary locations.

Some lawmakers worry the bill will usurp county zoning authority.

Keep reading