Threats on VP Vance Expose a Sick Secret As Feds Close In

Unfortunately, Vice President JD Vance is no stranger to threats. Vance and his family have endured multiple threats since he became the 50th Vice President of the United States. 

One of the most recent instances has resulted in federal charges against an Ohio man, and there’s an added dark twist involved here. 

On Friday, the Department of Justice announced that a federal grand jury had returned an indictment against a 33-year-old Ohio man who threatened to kill Vance during his January visit to Ohio.

TOLEDO, Ohio – A federal grand jury returned an indictment earlier this week charging a 33-year-old man with threatening to kill the Vice President of the United States during his visit to the Northwest Ohio region in January.

Shannon Mathre, of Toledo, is accused of making a threat to take the life of, and to inflict bodily harm upon, a successor to the presidency, in violation of Title 18 U.S. Code Section 871(a). In the indictment, he allegedly stated, “I am going to find out where he (the vice president) is going to be and use my M14 automatic gun and kill him.” Mathre was arrested by U.S. Secret Service agents Feb. 6.

But it isn’t just threats against Vance for which Mathre is facing charges. 

The grand jury further charges that from about Dec. 31, 2025, to Jan. 21, 2026, Mathre was also engaged in the receipt and distribution of images that visually depict minors engaged in sexually explicit conduct, in violation of Title 18 U.S. Code Section 2252(a)(2). While investigating the threats allegedly made against the vice president, federal agents discovered multiple digital files of child sexual abuse materials (CSAM) in Mathre’s possession.

U.S. Attorney General Pam Bondi had this to say about the matter: 

“Our attorneys are vigorously prosecuting this disgusting threat against Vice President Vance. You can hide behind a screen, but you cannot hide from this Department of Justice.”

Keep reading

Dem Governor’s Attempt to Frame JD Vance’s Holocaust Remembrance Day Post as Anti-Semitic Backfires

Hypocrites rarely acknowledge, let alone repent of, their own hypocrisy.

Democratic Gov. Josh Shapiro of Pennsylvania undoubtedly will prove no different.

According to NBC News, Shapiro said in an interview Tuesday that Vice President J.D. Vance deserves criticism for failing to use the specific words “Jews” and “Nazis” in a Holocaust Remembrance Day post on the social media platform X, prompting X users, including a member of President Donald Trump’s communications team, to remind Shapiro that his own words on the occasion hardly differed from the vice president’s.

“Part of never forgetting is making sure that the facts of what happened are recited, are remembered,” the governor said. “The fact that JD Vance couldn’t bring himself to [acknowledge] that 6 million Jews were killed by Hitler and by the Nazis speaks volumes.”

As it happens, only Shapiro’s hypocritical silliness “speaks volumes.”

“Today we remember the millions of lives lost during the Holocaust, the millions of stories of individual bravery and heroism, and one of the enduring lessons of one of the darkest chapters in human history: that while humans create beautiful things and are full of compassion, we’re also capable of unspeakable brutality. And we promise never again to go down the darkest path,” Vance wrote Tuesday on X.

But the vice president failed to mention Nazis by name? Four pictures of Vance and his wife, Usha, at what remains of Nazi Germany’s Dachau concentration camp accompanied the post. If Shapiro and his ilk wish to interpret that as obscuring the Nazis’ responsibility for the Holocaust, more power to them.

Keep reading

JD Vance: California Fraud Dwarfs Theft of Federal Funds in Minnesota

Vice President JD Vance revealed this week that about $7 billion worth of Small Business Administration (SBA) fraud has been discovered in California, an indicator the theft of federal funds across all departments in the Golden State could well exceed any other state’s.

“I think we have a fraud problem that is much worse in California than it is in Minnesota,” Vance said in an interview Thursday with Newsmax.

He continued, “I was talking actually to our small business administrator and I think she found probably a half billion dollars of fraud in Minneapolis and the broader Minnesota area. I think she’s found 7 billion dollars worth of fraud in California.”

“This is unfortunately a problem that is much bigger than Minnesota,” he added. ”But it also highlights how absurd this effort to prevent immigration enforcement is.”

Keep reading

JD Vance Deflates Media’s ‘ICE Detained a 5-Year-Old’ Story in Under 90 Seconds

Vice President of the United States JD Vance rejected what he described as a misleading media report claiming Immigration and Customs Enforcement detained a five-year-old child, saying the facts show the child was never arrested and was instead with his father, an illegal alien who fled from authorities.

Vance addressed the claim while defending immigration enforcement and criticizing narratives that he said distort routine law enforcement actions to undermine ICE operations.

“The fact that we’re standing behind law enforcement, and I’m proud of the fact that we’re enforcing the country’s laws,” Vance said.

Keep reading

Man Charged Over Threats Ahead of Vance Disneyland Visit

A 22-year-old man from Anaheim, California, is facing federal charges after allegedly falsely claiming he placed pipe bombs inside Disneyland before Vice President JD Vance visited the park with his family last year.

Marco Antonio Aguayo is accused of posting messages on the Walt Disney Co.’s official Instagram page after learning that Vance was visiting the park on July 12, according to the criminal complaint. He was charged Wednesday with one count of making threats against the president and successors to the presidency, the Department of Justice said in a news release.

Aguayo is expected to make his initial appearance Tuesday at U.S. District Court in Santa Ana, California. If convicted, Aguayo faces a maximum sentence of five years in federal prison.

Aguayo “is now in the Unhappiest Place on Earth,” Bill Essayli, the U.S. attorney for the Central District of California, wrote Friday night on X. “Today, Aguayo was arrested and charged with threatening to kill @VP Vance with pipe bombs last summer when the Vice President and his family visited Disneyland.

“A threat to kill a public official is a federal crime. First Amendment rights do not extend to threats to kill or injure others, especially our nation’s elected officials. Such conduct will not be tolerated and will not go unpunished.”

Keep reading

‘We Cannot Be Afraid To Do Something Because the Left Might Do It in the Future’

Asked by a college student if Republicans ought to be more cautious about “abusing that power” when they control the federal government, Vice President J.D. Vance left no doubt that he’s unworried.

“The left is already going to do it, regardless of whether we do it,” he added.

You’ll have a hard time finding a more concise formulation of the will-to-power sentiment that has seized so much of the conservative movement in recent years. And this was no gaffe—Vance has said similar things on several occasions, and he posted a video of this comment to his official X account.

The full context of the moment is worth appreciating. At a Turning Point USA event in October 2025 at the University of Mississippi, Vance took a question from a student who expressed concern about an unfriendly administration potentially targeting conservatives who might protest against it. “How can we prevent someone from abusing that power?” the student asked.

Vance’s chilling response waves away those worries. Rather than asking conservatives to reflect on the proper limits of political power or the potential consequences of overreaching, the vice president is effectively granting permission for greater intrusions against Americans’ rights and liberties.

Keep reading

No, ICE Agents Do Not Have ‘Absolute Immunity’ From State Prosecution

According to Vice President J.D. Vance, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officer who shot and killed Renee Nicole Good in Minneapolis cannot be prosecuted for it by Minnesota officials. “The precedent here is very simple,” Vance declared. “You have a federal law enforcement official engaging in federal law enforcement action—that’s a federal issue. That guy is protected by absolute immunity. He was doing his job.”

But the precedent is not actually so simple. In an 1890 case known as In re Neagle, the U.S. Supreme Court held that a federal marshal named David Neagle was “not liable to answer in the Courts of California” after he fatally shot the would-be assassin of a Supreme Court justice named Stephen Field during an attack on Field that occurred on a train traveling through California (Neagle was present as Field’s official bodyguard). “Under the circumstances,” the Court said, Neagle “was acting under the authority of the law of the United States, and was justified in so doing.” Therefore, “he is not liable to answer in the courts of California on account of his part in that transaction.”

Vance may have been thinking of In re Neagle when he claimed that ICE agents possess “absolute immunity” from state prosecution. However, In re Neagle was not the Supreme Court’s final word on the matter.

Keep reading

Vance Blasts Court Order to Fund SNAP as ‘Absurd’

Vice President JD Vance on Thursday slammed a federal court ruling requiring the Trump administration to fully fund the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for November, calling the decision “absurd” and an overreach during a government shutdown.

“It’s an absurd ruling because you have a federal judge effectively telling us what we have to do in the middle of a Democrat government shutdown,” Vance said during a roundtable with Central Asian leaders at the White House.

Vance said the administration wants to restore full funding once Democrats agree to reopen the government, but argued that the court should not dictate how the administration prioritizes spending during a shutdown.

“What we’d like to do is for the Democrats to open up the government, of course,” he said.

“Then we can fund SNAP, and we can also do a lot of other good things for the American people.

“But in the midst of a shutdown, we can’t have a federal court telling the president how he has to triage the situation,” Vance said.

U.S. District Judge John J. McConnell Jr. ruled earlier Thursday that the administration’s plan to issue partial payments failed to comply with his earlier order.

The Justice Department said it will appeal the ruling, leaving the fate of SNAP benefits for millions of Americans uncertain.

Keep reading

VP J.D. Vance Torches Democrats for Hypocrisy — Dems Ignore Democrat AG Candidate Fantasizing About Killing Republicans While Young GOPers Are Publicly Crucified Over LEAKED Private Group Chat ‘Jokes’

Vice President J.D. Vance is lashing out, and with good reason.

While Democrats remain strangely silent about the resurfaced texts from Virginia Democratic Attorney General candidate Jay Jones, in which he fantasized about murdering Republican lawmakers and their children, the party is leading the charge to annihilate young Republicans for off-color “jokes” in private group chats.

Last week, the National Review and other outlets published a set of private texts from 2022 in which then–Virginia delegate Jay Jones allegedly wrote to Republican Delegate Carrie Coyner:

“Gilbert gets two bullets to the head.”
“Gilbert, Hitler, and Pol Pot … Gilbert receives both bullets every time.”

Additional messages include Jones doubling down after calling Coyner, claiming that politicians “must feel pain themselves,” like the agony that parents feel when they watch their children get killed.

Jones also said he wished Gilbert’s wife could watch her own child die in her arms so that Gilbert might move to the left politically. Infuriated by his wretched remark, Coyner hung up the phone.

Keep reading

ABC Cuts off JD Vance’s Feed After He DESTROYS George Stephanopoulos

Vice President JD Vance appeared on ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos” on Sunday, where he schooled the far-left host before Stephanopoulos abruptly ended the interview.  

Vance called him out for continuing to push hoaxes despite losing credibility with the American people, and ABC pulled the plug on the interview.

“Here’s, George, why fewer and fewer people watch your program, and why you’re losing credibility, because you’re talking for now five minutes with the Vice President of the United States about this story regarding Tom Homan, a story that I’ve read about, but I don’t even know the video that you’re talking about. Meanwhile, low-income women can’t get food because the Democrats and Chuck Schumer have shut down the government,” Vance said.

“You’re focused on a bogus story. You’re insinuating criminal wrongdoing against a guy who has done nothing wrong, instead of focusing on the fact that our country is struggling because our government’s shut down.”

Liberal media and leftists on social media have been pushing a ‘bribery scandal’ story about Tom Homan, claiming that he was busted by the Biden DOJ accepting a $50,000 bribe to secure government contracts before the 2024 election.

However, as The Gateway Pundit reported, the hit job on Homan, which was just another Biden DOJ fishing expedition against a political opponent, quickly flamed out.

Stephanopoulos attempted to press Vance on the bogus story on Sunday and instantly regretted it.

After Vance called him out, Stephanopoulos tried to defend himself, then ended the interview without allowing Vance to get another word in.

Keep reading