Married Congressman Allegedly Had Affair with Aide Before She Died by Lighting Herself on Fire — Police Block Media Inquiries

Texas Congressman Tony Gonzales has been accused of carrying on an extramarital affair with his senior aide, Regina Santos-Aviles, who tragically died after dousing herself in gasoline and setting herself on fire last month.

Gonzales, 43, a married father of six representing Texas’s 23rd Congressional District, which stretches from San Antonio through Uvalde to El Paso, hired Santos-Aviles, 35, as his regional district director in 2021.

According to a report from the Daily Mail, local police are stonewalling the release of critical evidence, including the 911 call, surveillance video, and police records.

Sources told the outlet that the affair began shortly after her hiring and continued “for some time.”

Santos-Aviles, a married mother of an eight-year-old son who was separated from her husband Adrian Aviles, was often seen by Gonzales’s side, including during high-profile events like Elon Musk’s 2023 tour of the Mexico border in Eagle Pass.

The tragic incident occurred on September 13, when Santos-Aviles poured gasoline over herself in the backyard of her Uvalde home and was engulfed in flames. She was airlifted to a San Antonio hospital but succumbed to her injuries the next day.

Home surveillance cameras installed by her estranged husband captured the horrifying moment, and the footage has reportedly been handed over to the Texas Department of Public Safety crime lab for analysis.

Investigators have ruled it a self-immolation, with no evidence suggesting anyone else was involved.

However, the Uvalde Police Department has refused to release key records, petitioning the state Attorney General to keep them sealed, which the Daily Mail noted is an unusual move. The secrecy has sparked speculation about political favors being done for Gonzalez.

Santos-Aviles’s mother, Nora Gonzales (no relation to the congressman), told the San Antonio Express-News that her daughter’s final words were “I don’t want to die,” describing the incident as a tragic accident.

Keep reading

Epstein: Dirty Secrets Emerge From a Painful Book — and the Powerful Squirm

The Jeffrey Epstein story ebbs and flows in the national conversation, sometimes seeming a bit less worthy of our attention compared to other urgent matters, only to revive as hot stuff with new developments.

The latest in an endless series of things we need to know about is the posthumously published memoir of Virginia Roberts Giuffre, whose torment by Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell began in 2000 and ended in 2002. During that time, she was forced to perform unspeakable acts with the two of them, and others — she said she was “passed around like a platter of fruit.”

To get her to comply and never reveal these horrors, all Epstein had to do was let her know he knew where her little brother went to school. (And he showed her a photo proving it.)

I find this claim believable because someone I know recounted a story from one of his attorneys in a business-related lawsuit against Epstein. He described how during a phone conversation, Epstein mentioned having seen the attorney’s children crossing the street, and warned him to be extra careful so nothing would happen to them.

Back to Giuffre’’s claims: Epstein also bragged that he “owned the Palm Beach police department.” (Manipulating Giuffre was easy: At the age of seven, she had already been molested by a family friend.) Giuffre sued Maxwell and Epstein and became an advocate for other survivors. She committed suicide in April, at the age of 41.

Nobody’s Girl: A Memoir of Surviving Abuse and Fighting for Justice seems to be mentioned all over the place — The New York TimesThe Washington PostVanity Fair, PBS, CBS, etc. — and it has got to be one of Donald Trump’s worst nightmares, assuming he can even fall asleep.

Because it’s bound to make more and more people demand to see the Epstein files. And to see just how he — Trump — is mentioned.

From the grave, Giuffre powerfully challenges the idea that all those famous people hanging out with Epstein had no inkling what he was up to:

Don’t be fooled by those in Epstein’s circle who say they didn’t know what he was doing. Epstein not only didn’t hide what was happening, he took a certain glee in making people watch. And people did watch — scientists, fundraisers from the Ivy League and other heralded institutions, titans of industry. They watched and they didn’t care.

And this description from on what she had to put up with, and from what sort of men:

[C]hoking, beating and bloodying from a former prime minister, whom she refused to name because “I fear that this man will seek to hurt me if I say his name here.”

As you probably already know, she named, and sued, Prince Andrew. (Note: Giuffre observed no encounters with Donald Trump, but others say they have.)

Related: How Epstein Got Rich: Clue Buried in Lawsuit? – WhoWhatWhy

Whether you think the Jeffrey Epstein story matters or not, the Republicans certainly think it does.

Their most recent effort, in a long series of efforts, to block release of the government’s files on the matter is to indefinitely avoid seating the newest member of the US House, Adelita Grijalva (D-AZ). That’s because she represents the final discharge petition signature needed to force a House vote on releasing those records.

The Grijalva stunt involves House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) claiming that, hey, there’s no reason for the delay and, um, I gotta go.

Keep reading

Letitia James’ criminal kin have been charged 11 times in 5 years — but keep getting off easy

New York Attorney General Letitia James’ troubled grandnieces have been charged with a combined eight felonies and three misdemeanors in the past five years — but had their charges downgraded or dropped every time.

The women live in James’ Norfolk, Va., homes, which have been the subject of intense federal scrutiny in recent months over mortgage documents James signed — including a federal criminal indictment that has New York’s top law enforcer facing 60 years in federal prison.

Cayla Thompson-Hairston, 21, an OnlyFans model with an X-rated social media presence, was hit with felony charges in April 2024 for allegedly lying about having a felony criminal record when she tried to buy a gun in Suffolk, Va., according to court documents.

Cops said she was barred from owning a handgun due to a juvenile felony charge of malicious wounding in August 2020.

However, the weapons charges were later dropped entirely.

Norfolk Commonwealth’s Attorney Ramin Fatehi, a Democrat, said prosecutors later learned the juvenile charges were pleaded down to a misdemeanor.

Suffolk Commonwealth’s Attorney Narendra Pleas, also a Democrat, did not respond to The Post’s request for clarification on why she dropped the charges.

One legal observer said it was concerning that the charges were dropped entirely — particularly in light of Thompson-Hairston’s violent criminal history.

Keep reading

Deep State Prosecutors Attack DOJ’s Investigation Into Whether Biden’s FBI Secretly Destroyed Classified Documents in “Burn Bags” to Protect Comey

Deep State ‘career’ prosecutors in the Western District of Virginia are attacking the DOJ’s investigation into whether Biden’s FBI secretly destroyed classified documents in ‘burn bags’ to protect James Comey with leaks to the New York Times.

As previously reported, the DOJ is investigating whether the FBI, during Joe Biden’s presidency, secretly destroyed documents to protect James Comey and John Brennan.

James Comey served as the Director of the FBI from 2013 to May 2017, when Trump fired him.

John Brennan served as the Director of the CIA from 2013 to 2017.

According to The Times, the investigation is related to a report that revealed that Kash Patel found thousands of Russia Hoax documents in “burn bags” in a secret room at the FBI.

Over the summer, Fox News reported that FBI Director Kash Patel found thousands of Russia collusion hoax documents in “burn bags” in a secret room at the FBI.

One of the documents in the burn bags included the classified annex to the John Durham report that includes the underlying intelligence he investigated.

CIA Director John Ratcliffe recently declassified the annex to Durham’s final report and sent it to Senator Grassley, who released it to the public.

Fox News also reported that Kash Patel and his team of investigators discovered a “previously undisclosed” SCIF at the FBI headquarters.

The Times reported that senior FBI officials who worked at the headquarters are also being investigated.

In August, Trump-appointed Interim US Attorney Todd Gilbert, who was overseeing the ‘burn bags’ case in the Western District of Virginia, was forced out after he reportedly refused to remove a high-ranking prosecutor who claimed the evidence in the case was flimsy, according to The Times.

Keep reading

State Department Official Fired by Rubio for Concealing Relationship with CCP Affiliate

Forget the battles you see on the news. The real war for America’s soul is being fought in the shadows, and the playbook our enemies use is shockingly simple: find the weak link. These countries don’t need to outgun us when they can simply outwit us, exploiting the moral rot that has seeped into our most trusted institutions.

This modern warfare preys on bureaucrats who have forgotten what it means to serve—those who see a government paycheck as a ticket to a life free of accountability. It targets officials who prioritize their personal dramas over their sworn duty. When loyalty becomes a suggestion instead of a requirement, the door to our nation’s secrets is kicked wide open.

From ‘The Post Millennial’:

Secretary of State Marco Rubio has fired a State Department Foreign Service officer who admitted in an undercover video from O’Keefe Media Group, that he had a romantic relationship with a woman linked to the Chinese Communist Party.

A statement from the State Department confirmed that Daniel Choi, a Foreign Service officer, was terminated following presidential approval from Donald Trump.

Keep reading

Trump demands investigation into ‘Ukraine impeachment scam’

US President Donald Trump said on Sunday that he hopes the “necessary authorities” are looking into Democratic Senator Adam Schiff for being “dishonest and corrupt.” The California lawmaker led two investigations into Trump in 2019 and 2021.

During Trump’s first term, House Democrats impeached him twice – first in December 2019 for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, and again in January 2021 for incitement of insurrection following the January 6 Capitol riot. Back then, Schiff was a member of the House of Representatives that investigated the cases.

“The Ukraine Impeachment (of me!) Scam was a far bigger Illegal Hoax than Watergate. I sincerely hope the necessary authorities, including CONGRESS, are looking into this!” Trump wrote on social media.

Kremlin investment aide Kirill Dmitriev has called the US president’s statement important, adding that “Ukraine also hid [ex-President Joe] Biden’s corruption and campaigned” against Trump and his vice president, J.D. Vance.

Dmitriev recently said that Biden provoked the Ukraine conflict to hide his family’s corrupt dealings, commenting on a set of CIA documents declassified by the agency’s director, John Ratcliffe. According to those, in 2016 Biden asked the CIA to cover up a report about his family’s alleged business dealings in Ukraine.

Keep reading

Pfizer Left COVID-19 Vaccine Data Out Of Submissions To FDA, Documents Show

Data on how parts of a Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine spread in the bodies of mice were withheld from regulatory submissions to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, according to a new comparison of those submissions and similar documents sent to Japanese regulators.

Byram Bridle, who has a PhD in immunology and is an associate professor of immunology and virology at the University of Guelph in Canada, authored the comparison. It was dated Aug. 13 and released on Oct. 4 by Dr. Robert Malone, a vaccine adviser to the U.S. government.

“The findings of this report raise serious questions about the integrity of the health regulatory process during the declared COVID-19 pandemic,” Bridle said in his conclusions.

During a September meeting, under questioning by Malone, a Pfizer representative said that its studies of the spread of vaccine elements, known as biodistribution, were done in consultation with the FDA.

“Pfizer does not have a further comment other than we did our work in close consultation with the FDA on all our of biodistribution studies that were approved for our licensed product,” the representative said.

As Zachary Stieber details below, Malone told The Epoch Times that the images in the submissions appear to have been manipulated “to hide the fact that the biodistribution was much broader than the initial narrative that was promoted, which is that it stays at the site of injection and draining lymph nodes.”

He added: “That was clearly a lie, and it was a lie that we now know was supported by editing data that were presented to the FDA. And, according to what the Pfizer representative stated, that editing of data was done in cooperation and consultation between Pfizer and the FDA. That is completely unacceptable.”

Pfizer, BioNTech, and the FDA did not respond to requests for comment.

Keep reading

Biden Stands Accused of Provoking ‘the War in Ukraine to Cover Up His Family’s Corruption’

A senior Russian official has accused Joe Biden of provoking the war in Ukraine to conceal alleged corruption involving his family.

Kirill Dmitriev, who serves as Russian President Vladimir Putin’s special envoy on international economic and investment cooperation, made the claim in a statement to reporters and in a series of posts on X on Monday.

Dmitriev said Biden’s actions as president contributed to the escalation of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, which began in February 2022, and alleged that the motivation was tied to his family’s financial interests in the region.

Dmitriev stated, “Former U.S. President Joe Biden provoked the war in Ukraine to cover up his family’s corruption.”

Keep reading

‘Epstein bomb set to drop — nobody wants to defend Trump’: 100 GOP Reps to mutiny, congressman warns

A Democratic congressman claimed that a staggering number of his GOP colleagues are ready to defy Donald Trump over the release of the Epstein files because they don’t want ‘to defend a pedo-protector.’

California Rep. Eric Swalwell said on Wednesday he had discussed the issue with ‘a lot of House Republicans’ and that their efforts to stop a vote to release the full documents are ‘fading.’

‘It’s coming to an end guys. I’ve spoken to a lot of House Republicans this week and they’ve confided that Trump’s movement/support is fading,’ Swalwell wrote on X.

‘As one told me, “this Epstein bomb is about to drop and no want [sic] wants to defend a pedo-protector. It’s just a matter of time.”‘

Swalwell then claimed in a follow-up post: ‘One Republican just texted me that if there’s a discharge vote on Epstein they expect a “jail break” of over 100 members. Trump will go nuts!’

Republican Rep. Thomas Massie said on Sunday that he has the 218 signatures required for the vote. A discharge petition allows lawmakers to circumvent party leaders to force a vote.

Some of Swalwell’s critics were quick to seize on the fact that congressman did not specify which Republicans he claimed to have spoken to and accused him of making the whole thing up.

The Democrat’s statement came as the government shutdown stretched into an eighth day Wednesday, with Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson keeping the chamber in recess during the funding the stalemate.

The break has prevented the House from moving forward with the petition, leading Swalwell, Massie and others to accuse Johnson of stalling to avoid a vote.

Arizona Democratic Rep.-elect Adelita Grijalva, whose signature on the petition would tip the scales in favor of releasing the files, is waiting to be sworn into office as the recess drags on.

On Tuesday, Johnson denied that he is holding up Grijalva’s swearing-in to keep her from casting the decisive vote.

‘It has nothing to do with that at all,’ he said. ‘We will swear her in when everybody gets back.’

MAGA loyalist Marjorie Taylor Greene, one of four House Republicans to join Democrats in signing the petition, said she has never felt more heat on an issue. 

‘My signature is on that discharge petition, and there has not been another issue where I have ever received more pressure than that one, and I’m pretty much shocked by it,’ Greene told NewsNation.  

‘I can’t imagine — I’ve never understood how this is an issue.’ 

She added: ‘I think when it comes to women being raped, especially when they were 14 years old, that’s pretty black and white.’  

Keep reading

SURPRISE! ABC, CBS, NBC And PBS Are Completely Ignoring the Scandal Engulfing Virginia Democrat Jay Jones

Virginia Democrat Jay Jones is imploding under a scandal of his own making over texts he sent indicating that he was fantasizing about the murder of his Republican opponent and his children.

It’s so shocking that even Joe Scarborough of MSNBC’s Morning Joe called on Jones to drop out of the race. That’s how bad it is.

But if you’re watching legacy media, you might not even hear about it.

The Media Research Center has analyzed the coverage of the Jay Jones scandal and found that out of all of the major networks, only NBC covered it and they only gave the story 63 seconds.

The media works for the Democrat party. There is no denying it.

NewsBusters reports:

In resurfaced texts that were released on October 3, Jones (who is running for Virginia attorney general) suggested he would shoot then-Virginia House Speaker Todd Gilbert over Adolf Hitler and declared that Gilbert’s wife should be forced to watch his “fascist” children be killed.

The texts from 2022 are more relevant given the heightened tensions about political violence, especially since the assassination of Charlie Kirk. On October 5, President Donald Trump called on Jones to drop out.

So how much time did the broadcast networks devote to the texts controversy?

63 seconds.

MRC analysts looked at the ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS evening, morning and Sunday roundtable shows from October 3, the day the texts were first reported by National Review, through the morning of October 7 and found just ONE mention of the Jones text scandal. The only discussion of Jones on the broadcast networks arrived on NBC’s Sunday roundtable show.

On the October 5 edition of NBC’s Meet the Press, former Donald Trump staffer Marc Short brought up the controversy, sparkinga 63-second conversation.

MARC SHORT: But can I also say in your interview with Leader Jeffries, that can we stop with the pearl clutching about the mean tweets and sombrero tweets? That this week it came to light that a Democratic candidate for Attorney General of the State of Virginia called for the assassination of a political opponent, called for the assassination of that political opponent’s family, and there’s not one national Democrat calling for him to step aside. Not one. It’s disgraceful.

Liberal allies are starting to quietly back away from Jones.

Keep reading