Cause of Death Revealed for Doctor Found Dead and Naked in Miami Dollar Tree Freezer

The cause of death for the woman who was found dead and naked inside a walk-in freezer in a Miami Dollar Tree store last year was revealed this week.

As previously reported, a female doctor was found dead in a Dollar Tree freezer in Miami in December.

32-year-old Helen Massiell Garay Sanchez was found deceased and naked inside the store’s walk-in freezer in Little Havana.

Sanchez reportedly entered the Dollar Tree the night before she was found. She made no purchases and was found in an area designated for employees only.

At the time, authorities said no foul play was suspected.

It was revealed on Wednesday that Sanchez died of environmental hypothermia, with ethanol use (alcohol) being a contributory cause.

“According to the Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner’s Office, the cause of death for 32-year-old Helen Massiell Garay Sanchez was environmental hypothermia, with ethanol use being a contributory cause,” NBC Miami reported.

“Her toxicology report showed that her ethanol levels were 0.112%. Ethanol is the active ingredient in alcoholic beverages,” the outlet reported.

A medical expert said Sanchez may have taken her clothes off after she became confused and disoriented as the hypothermia set in.

Keep reading

Pathologist at Jeffrey Epstein’s autopsy demands new investigation into possible murder

A renowned pathologist who was at Jeffrey Epstein’s autopsy is demanding a fresh investigation, insisting newly released info only confirms his belief that the notorious pedophile was murdered.

Dr. Michael Baden, who was New York City’s chief medical examiner in the 1970s, was so alarmed by what he saw in the August 2019 exam that he publicly declared “the evidence points toward homicide rather than suicide.”

“That was my opinion at that time, and I still stand by it,” the famed pathologist told the Telegraph in an interview published Friday.

“The autopsy findings are much more consistent with a crushing injury caused by homicidal strangulation than caused by hanging by suicide.”

In fact, Baden insisted, documents released in the Epstein files reinforce his belief that the medical examiner rushed to call the death a suicide.

It also showed there was reason to believe that suspicious behavior in the Metropolitan Correctional Center at the time — including a flash of orange on videos that looked like a possible inmate — should not have been dismissed as foolish conspiracies.

“Given all the information now available, further investigation into the cause and manner of death is warranted,” Baden insisted in his latest interview.

Keep reading

Doctor at Jeffrey Epstein’s post-mortem says the paedophile was strangled and NOT hanged

Jeffrey Epstein was strangled, not hanged in his New York prison cell, according to a doctor present at his post-mortem.

Dr Michael Baden has called for the cause of the paedophile’s death to be reinvestigated, almost seven years after he was found unresponsive at the Metropolitan Correctional Center on August 10, 2019.

He is unconvinced by the conclusion of the New York Medical Examiner’s Office that the American millionaire took his own life while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

‘My opinion is that his death was most likely caused by strangulation pressure rather than hanging,’ the pathologist, who was hired by the financier’s estate, told The Telegraph

He added: ‘Given all the information now available, further investigation into the cause and manner of death is warranted.’

While the doctor did not carry out the post-mortem himself, he was present during the examination and acted as an observer on behalf of Epstein’s family. 

‘At the time that the autopsy was done by the medical examiner, we both agreed that, on the basis of the autopsy report and the information available, more information was needed to determine the cause and manner of death,’ Dr Baden said. 

Following the release of more than three million documents related to the late sex offender by the US Department of Justice (DOJ), more questions have been raised about the nature of Epstein’s death. 

Keep reading

Kurt Cobain’s Death Labeled ‘Homicide’ by Independent Investigators, Police Not Reopening the Case

Kurt Cobain’s death is one of the most tragic losses the music world has ever suffered. The Nirvana frontman died more than 30 years ago, from a self-inflicted shotgun wound at his home in Seattle, Washington.

But now, a group of independent researchers claims that they have gathered enough evidence to prove Cobain’s death was a homicide. This certainly isn’t a new idea, as conspiracy theorists have speculated as such for years.

The Daily Mail reports that an “unofficial private sector team of forensic scientists” has undertaken a new investigation. They have researched Cobain’s autopsy results, as well as the crime scene materials. They also brought in a specialist named Brian Burnett. He’s previously assisted with investigations involving gunshot trauma that have been preceded by drug overdose.

Independent researcher Michelle Wilkins told Daily Mail that after three days of looking over the reports and evidence, Burnett said, “This is a homicide. We’ve got to do something about this.” Wilkins went on to detail what the team believes happened. She said that the signs around Cobain’s death are not consistent with an “instantaneous” gunshot.

The independent researchers believe that one or more assailants confronted Cobain and forced an overdose of heroin into his body. This was to incapacitate him. He was then shot in the head, and the gun was placed in his arms. Finally, the assailants left behind a fake suicide note to throw anyone off the trail.

Keep reading

Kurt Cobain’s death was ‘homicide’: Shocking new forensic investigation questions suicide ruling

His death shocked fans and sent ripples through the music world, but decades later, Kurt Cobain’s final moments are under renewed scrutiny. 

The Nirvana lead singer died on April 5, 1994, at age 27, from a self-inflicted shotgun wound at his Seattle home. 

At the time, the King County Medical Examiner ruled his death a suicide by a Remington Model 11 20-gauge shotgun.

Now, an unofficial private sector team of forensic scientists has put fresh eyes on Cobain’s autopsy and crime scene materials, bringing in Brian Burnett, a specialist who previously worked on cases involving overdoses followed by gunshot trauma.

Independent researcher Michelle Wilkins, who worked with the team, told Daily Mail that after just three days looking into the evidence with fresh eyes, Burnett said: ‘This is a homicide. We’ve got to do something about this.’ 

She said the conclusion followed an exhaustive review of the autopsy findings, which revealed signs inconsistent with an instantaneous gunshot death.

The peer-reviewed paper presented ten points of evidence suggesting Cobain was confronted by one or more assailants who forced a heroin overdose to incapacitate him, before one of them shot him in the head, placed the gun in his arms and left behind a forged suicide note. 

‘There are things in the autopsy that go, well, wait, this person didn’t die very quickly of a gunshot blast,’ Wilkins said, pointing to organ damage associated with oxygen deprivation. ‘The necrosis of the brain and liver happens in an overdose. It doesn’t happen in a shotgun death.’

Burnett has decades of experience analyzing crime scenes and interpreting complex evidence.

He has earned national recognition for his expert analysis in controversial cases like Marine Colonel James Sabow’s death and the investigation into Billey Joe Johnson Jr, where his meticulous forensic reconstructions challenged official findings. 

A spokesperson for the Medical Examiner’s Office told the Daily Mail: ‘King County Medical Examiner’s Office worked with the local law enforcement agency, conducted a full autopsy, and followed all of its procedures in coming to the determination of the manner of death as a suicide.

‘Our office is always open to revisiting its conclusions if new evidence comes to light, but we’ve seen nothing to date that would warrant re-opening of this case and our previous determination of death.’ 

The Daily Mail reviewed Cobain’s autopsy, which described how his body was found on the floor of the greenhouse above his garage. 

‘Examination of the miscellaneous papers in the left front pocket [of Cobain’s jeans] reveals some writing in black ink, reading ‘Remington 20 gauge 2-3/4 shells or shorter setup light shot 10888925,’ the June 20, 1994 autopsy reads. 

Wilkins said: ‘To me, it looks like someone staged a movie and wanted you to be absolutely certain this was a suicide. 

‘The receipt for the gun is in his pocket. The receipt for the shells is in his pocket. The shells are lined up at his feet.’

Keep reading

Statement announcing Jeffrey Epstein’s death emerges from files… but it’s dated a day before he killed himself

A federal statement announcing Jeffrey Epstein‘s death has surfaced in newly released Justice Department files but it carries a date that appears to precede the moment he was officially found dead inside his New York prison cell.

The document, issued by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and dated Friday, August 9, 2019, states that Epstein had already been found unresponsive and pronounced dead.

But prison records and official accounts show Epstein was not discovered unresponsive until the morning of August 10, 2019, when a corrections officer delivering breakfast found him in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan.

In the statement, then–Manhattan US Attorney Geoffrey S. Berman said: ‘Earlier this morning, the Manhattan Correctional Center confirmed that Jeffrey Epstein, who faced charges brought by this Office of engaging in the sex trafficking of minors, had been found unresponsive in his cell and pronounced dead shortly thereafter. 

‘Today’s events are disturbing, and we are deeply aware of their potential to present yet another hurdle to giving Epstein’s many victims their day in Court. 

‘To those brave young women who have already come forward and to the many others who have yet to do so, let me reiterate that we remain committed to standing for you, and our investigation of the conduct charged in the Indictment.’

Epstein, 66, had been held at the Manhattan jail since his arrest on July 6, 2019, after federal prosecutors charged him with sex trafficking minors and conspiracy. 

Keep reading

Andrew’s ex-girlfriend insists she ‘doesn’t believe Jeffrey Epstein is dead’ and that paedophile is alive in ‘Israel’

Lady Victoria Hervey told LBC’s Tom Swarbrick that she believes it’s a “possibility” that Epstein could be alive somewhere.

“I don’t even think Jeffrey Epstein’s dead anymore, to be honest,” she told Tom, who pressed the former socialite on her suggestion – and to clarify her point.

“No, I don’t,” she insisted, doubling down on her assertion that the convicted paedophile was alive – and possibly in Israel.

The paedophile’s death in 2019 has long been the source of conspiracy theories online, with many believing that he didn’t die by suicide.

Andrew continues to maintain his innocence and has long denied any of the allegations against him.

An anonymous post shared on 4Chan shortly before Epstein’s death was publicly announced claimed that he had been “switched out” and implied that he had been taken away by a “trip van”. The poster said that they were a guard at the prison.

The former prince’s ex-girlfriend refers to an email released in the latest tranche of Epstein files that names the poster and confirms that it was a prison guard.

Lady Hervey told Tom Swarbrick: “I think, just, I’d seen one of those emails, one of the ones that ended up in the files, and I think that prison guard needs to be interviewed. The one that he said he saw the bodies being switched out.”

When pressed by Tom Swarbrick on where he could be, she said: “Israel”.

Lady Hervey is named in the Epstein files 23 times.

She told Tom Swarbrick that if you weren’t named in the Epstein files, then that would be an “insult” and you were “a bit of a loser”.

Keep reading

DOJ Files Show Jeffrey Epstein Was Reportedly About To Cooperate With Federal Prosecutors Just Weeks Before He Was Found Dead in Jail

Epstein was going to flip?

As journalists around the world dive into the 3 million new Epstein Files documents released by the US DOJ, all sorts of stories are arising about many individuals, including the late pedophile himself.

Today we learned that Jeffrey Epstein was ‘set to potentially cooperate with the feds’ in his sex-trafficking case.

The bombshell revelation comes after it was known that his lawyers and prosecutors met just two weeks before he was found dead in jail.

The New York Post reported:

“Federal prosecutors met with lawyers for the twisted pedophile financier on July 29, 2019, when his camp, ‘in very general terms, discussed the possibility of a resolution of the case, and the possibility of the defendant’s cooperation’, according to an FBI record made public in the Epstein files last week.

The 66-year-old sex offender — whose former pals ranged from world leaders to billionaires and Hollywood powerhouses — killed himself just two weeks later, as he was locked up in a Lower Manhattan jail cell awaiting trial in the bombshell criminal case, according to authorities.”

Days before Epstein died, his lawyers quietly sat down with federal prosecutors and floated the idea of cooperation.

No specifics. Just the classic “hypothetically, if our client were to help…” kind of thing.

2 weeks later, he’s dead.

Source: The Guardian https://t.co/IvTKJZ3cJ7 pic.twitter.com/N00xTHlNq7

— Mario Nawfal (@MarioNawfal) January 31, 2026

“Another document in the Epstein files references the same meeting with the feds but notes, ‘Defense counsel did not make a specific proposal, and they did not indicate what the nature of Epstein’s cooperation might be, if any’.

‘It was suggested that defense counsel contact SDNY if Epstein was prepared to accept responsibility for his conduct and/or they had a specific proposal for a resolution of this case’.”

Keep reading

Who entered Epstein’s jail tier the night of his death? Newly released video logs appear to contradict official accounts.

Newly released Department of Justice documents show that investigators reviewing surveillance footage from the night of Jeffrey Epstein’s death observed an orange-colored shape moving up a staircase toward the isolated, locked tier where his cell was located at approximately 10:39 p.m. on Aug. 9, 2019.

That entry in an observation log of the video from the Metropolitan Correctional Center appears to suggest something previously unreported by authorities: “A flash of orange looks to be going up the L Tier stairs — could possibly be an inmate escorted up to that Tier.”

It also appears, according to an FBI memorandum, that reviews by investigators led to disparate conclusions by the FBI and those examining the same video from the Department of Justice’s Office of Inspector General. 

The FBI log describes the fuzzy image as “possibly an inmate.” 

The inspector general logs it as an officer carrying orange “linen or bedding,” noting it in their final report as “an unidentified [corrections officer].”

The DOJ Office of Inspector General’s analysis of video footage describes a fuzzy orange image on the stairs leading to Epstein’s cell tier as: “it is possible someone is carrying inmate linen or bedding up the stairs.”

Keep reading

California politician’s daughter, 22, was found ‘in distress’ on side of highway before sudden death

The 22-year-old daughter of a Los Angeles mayoral candidate was found alone suffering from a medical emergency on the side of a road before she died. 

Emily Beutner, whose father Austin Beutner is running against incumbent Mayor Karen Bass, died on January 6, according to LA County Medical Examiner records.

Her cause of death has been listed as ‘deferred’ pending further investigation, but heartbreaking details from the LA Sheriff’s Department (LASD) have emerged about the circumstances leading up to it. 

A witness reportedly alerted police of a woman in a ‘state of medical distress’ on the side of a highway in Palmdale just after midnight, per the Los Angeles Times

Deputies and paramedics rushed to the scene to treat Emily. She was then taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.

It is unclear how long she remained on the side of the road – which is surrounded by fields – or what the nature of her medical episode was. 

LASD homicide detectives are handling this investigation, but Lieutenant Michael Modica told the LA Times that this is not indicative of her cause of death. 

Having the homicide unit investigate the death of a young person is standard practice, he said. 

Keep reading