US sees negative net migration for first time in 50 years during 2025

The United States experienced negative net migration in 2025 for the first time in more than five decades as the Trump administration continues a sweeping crackdown on immigration.

In a report released Tuesday by the Brookings Institution, the shift was driven by a combination of stepped-up immigration enforcement, removals of illegal immigrantsvoluntary departures, but most significantly a sharp decline in new entries into the country over the past year.

“We estimate net flows of -295,000 to -10,000 for the year,” the study said. “Though a high degree of policy uncertainty remains, continued negative net migration for 2026 is also likely.”

The Trump administration has moved aggressively to reduce both illegal and legal immigration since returning to office. It has suspended or scaled back a range of humanitarian programs, including refugee admissions, with limited exceptions.

Brookings estimated that between 310,000 and 315,000 removals occurred in the United States in 2025. That figure is substantially lower than the number the Trump administration has publicly claimed, and only slightly higher than the roughly 285,000 removals recorded in 2024.

The report noted that the nature of removals has shifted compared with prior years. In fiscal year 2024, only 18 percent of Immigration and Customs Enforcement removals were initiated by ICE rather than U.S. Customs and Border Protection, meaning most deportations involved recent border crossers. Comparable statistics have not yet been released for 2025.

“At 310,000 to 315,000, the 2025 removals are not much higher than the 2024 removals of around 285,000,” the report said. “The nature of these removals has changed, however.”

Brookings added that while ICE has drawn most of the national attention, border statistics and other evidence indicate that most removals in 2025 involved individuals already living in the country’s interior.

Keep reading

Medicaid FUNNELED to Illegal Aliens Now Tops $1.8 BILLION Across 8 States — CMS Withholds $300M From California, the Worst Offender

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced it is withholding nearly $300 million from California after federal auditors have now confirmed that more than $1.8 BILLION in Medicaid funds may have been unlawfully spent on illegal immigrants across EIGHT states.

The update was revealed by Dr. Oz, who issued a blunt warning on X that the problem is “worse than we thought.”

According to Oz, federal law explicitly prohibits the use of federal Medicaid dollars for non-emergency care for illegal immigrants. While states are free to use their own state funds to provide such coverage, they are required to maintain a clear paper trail proving that no federal dollars were used.

As a result, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is now withholding nearly $300 million from California, which Oz described as “by far the worst offender,” until the state can demonstrate it complied with federal law.

“UPDATE: It’s worse than we thought.

In October, we flagged $1.3 billion in Medicaid funds that 6 states may have unlawfully spent on health care for illegal immigrants.

Since then, we’ve gathered more data and the total has grown to over $1.8 billion across 8 states.

It’s against the law to spend federal Medicaid funds on non-emergency healthcare for illegals. If states use their own money to do it, there needs to be a clear paper trail proving that federal dollars didn’t fund those services.

These states failed to provide that for this $1.8 billion. So today, CMS is announcing that we’re withholding nearly $300 million from California — which is by far the worst offender — until they demonstrate to our satisfaction that they’re spending that money properly.

Medicaid dollars belong to Americans, not illegal immigrants, and we won’t stop until we’ve held rogue states accountable and recovered their misspent funds.

More announcements to come.”

Keep reading

Dem Rep. Vindman: ‘Irony’ with Iranians Protesting, ‘What We See with ICE’ in U.S.

On Tuesday’s broadcast of “CNN News Central,” Rep. Eugene Vindman (D-VA) said that the United States should “support the Iranian people in their struggle for freedom and independence.” And the Iranian people are “protesting, largely peacefully, on the streets, and they’re being attacked and murdered. And I think there’s an irony, obviously, in what we see with ICE on America’s streets.”

Vindman said, “Well, first of all, I think we all recognize that the Iranian regime is an authoritarian regime that is suppressing its people. And I recognize that in my own family experience, we fled from a Communist authoritarian regime, and we need to support the Iranian people in their struggle for freedom and independence. They’re protesting, largely peacefully, on the streets, and they’re being attacked and murdered. And I think there’s an irony, obviously, in what we see with ICE on America’s streets.”

He continued, “But just to stay focused on Iran, I think it means putting enormous pressure on the regime so they recognize that suppressing their own population through violence is not going to work.”

Keep reading

Woke Council VP Turns City Into Sanctuary Grocery Service for Illegal Aliens

A St. Paul city official is facing intense criticism after publicly encouraging residents to assist illegal aliens in avoiding federal immigration enforcement, including by delivering groceries, escorting workers, and reporting the movements of Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents.

St. Paul City Council Vice President Hwa Jeong Kim posted a video to social media urging residents to resist ICE activity in the city following an increase in federal enforcement operations.

The video, which was shared on Kim’s Instagram account and later circulated widely across other platforms, prompted swift backlash from critics who accused the council member of promoting interference with federal law enforcement.

In the video, Kim claimed that federal immigration agents had already taken several individuals into custody earlier in the day.

“It’s not even noon, and ICE has already kidnapped five of my neighbors. I’ve responded to one where we believe a whole family was taken with children,” Kim said.

Kim went on to assert that the presence of federal agents in Minnesota had surpassed that of local law enforcement.

“There are more federal agents in Minnesota than we have of the St. Paul and Minneapolis police combined. And yet, there are neighbors that are showing up in incredible ways like standing in front of known targeted businesses helping escort workers home,” she continued.

Keep reading

Minnesota AG Keith Ellison and Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey Announce They’re Suing Trump Admin. to End Surge of ICE Agents – ICE Director Responds to Lawsuit

Minnesota’s top ‘law enforcement’ official and the two Twin City mayors today took a dramatic and unconstitutional step in their efforts to send ICE agents packing from the state following last week’s deadly ICE self-defense shooting.

As KTSP reported, crooked Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, and St. Paul Mayor Kaohly Her have jointly sued the Trump administration over DHS agents enforcing immigration law in the Twin Cities.

The lawsuit filed by the trio seeks to completely end the so-called “unprecedented surge” of more than 2,000 federal agents deployed by the DHS.

The filing also alleges that the federal government has violated the 10th Amendment of the Constitution by removing Minnesota’s “right’ to police itself.”

During a press conference announcing the lawsuit, Ellison accused the DHS agents of causing “serious harm” and said the Trump Administration has launched a federal invasion.

“The deployment of thousands of armed, masked DHS agents to Minnesota has done our state serious harm,” Ellison alleged. “This is essentially a federal invasion of Minnesota and the Twin Cities, and it must stop.”

Keep reading

‘The View’ Co-Host Joy Behar Says ‘Fascism’ Has Arrived in America, Now Living Under Trump ‘Dictatorship’

The View co-host Joy Behar has warned that “fascism” has arrived and that Americans are living under a Trump “dictatorship.”

During Thursday’s edition of the left-wing panel show, Behar urged people to “wake up” to the reality of what they are living under.

She ranted:

Are we in the middle of fascist America? Because in this day yesterday in the left, just this last week, I’m just going to give you a summary of what we’ve been through one week.

Pete Hegseth started an illegal war for oil in Venezuela. Right. Stephen Miller threatened a military takeover of Greenland. RFK Jr. slashed childhood vaccine recommendations and ICE shot and killed a United States citizen in Minneapolis.

Yeah, that sort of adds up to me like a dictatorship in the making that we are now in it. We are in it now.

And American people, I think, have to wake up to this a little bit more than we are. We try very hard to give you what we know, but people have to start reading and watching and paying attention a little bit more than we have, because we can lose it.

These ICE agents, by the way, they get a $50,000 bonus when they sign up. They’re highly motivated people who probably don’t have much going on.

Keep reading

Far-Left DA Mary Moriarty Threatens to Prosecute ICE Agent Who Fired in Self-Defense Against Violent Agitator

The far-left Hennepin County Attorney’s Office is now claiming it has the “authority” to bring criminal charges against a federal ICE agent who was forced to use his weapon in self-defense on Wednesday.

The incident occurred during a targeted enforcement operation in South Minneapolis as part of a broader Trump administration crackdown on illegal immigration.

According to the Department of Homeland Security, 37-year-old Renee Nicole Good was acting as a “violent rioter” when she allegedly weaponized her SUV, attempting to ram and kill federal officers.

The agent, already doxxed by the legacy media, was identified as a 10-year veteran who discharged his weapon after Good allegedly accelerated her vehicle toward him.

DHS Secretary Kristi Noem praised the officer’s split-second decision-making, stating he “used his training to save his own life and that of his colleagues.”

Ross is no stranger to the dangers of the Twin Cities; records show he was seriously injured last year after being dragged by a fleeing vehicle during a similar operation.

VP JD Vance mentioned that the officer involved had been “dragged by a car six months ago” and required 33 stitches in his legs, a fact conveniently omitted by the fake news media.

Despite the federal nature of the incident, Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty, a prosecutor notorious for her “soft-on-crime” approach, is vowing to use “every available lever to ensure a local, transparent investigation takes place.”

“We have jurisdiction to bring charges, as do the feds,” Daniel Borgertpoepping, a spokesperson for the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office told ABC News.

“It’s a little bit of a complicated interplay but the bottom line is yes, we have jurisdiction to bring criminal charges.”

In an interview with MS NOW, Minnesota’s far-left Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan doubled down on the rhetoric.

While federal officials maintain that ICE agents were performing their lawful duties to remove illegal aliens and maintain public safety, Flanagan and other state Democrats are framing the presence of federal law enforcement as “unconstitutional.”

Flanagan framed federal agents as the primary source of danger in Minnesota.

“These ICE agents, right, who are here under the guise somehow of safety have done nothing but make us less safe,” Flanagan claimed.

She went on to accuse the agents of “detaining American citizens,” “throwing people into the backs of vans,” arresting legal observers and innocent bystanders,” and even “deploying chemical agents around children.”

The Lieutenant Governor repeatedly called for a “full and fair, transparent investigation,” stating that “Renee Goode deserves justice.”

However, she expressed deep frustration that the FBI has rescinded its cooperation with the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA).

Keep reading

Ilhan Omar: ICE Carrying Out State-Sanctioned Violence ‘Tragically Led to this Murder’

Wednesday on CNN’s “The Lead,” Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) described an ICE agent shooting a woman in Minneapolis as a “murder” caused by “state-sanctioned violence.”

Host Jake Tapper said, “I’m sure you’re hearing from so many of your constituents in a statement you put out when you described your anger over the tragic shooting, you described the victim, Renee Goode, as a legal observer of the ICE operation. What more can you tell us about her?”

Omar said, “Yeah, that’s the information that we have gotten. There might be new information coming out. But it is a completely tragic day for us here in Minneapolis and in Minnesota. To see this kind of, terrorizing of our community, really is, is harmful. And I pray for the loved ones of, Renee today as they are dealing with the loss of life in their family.”

She added, “ICE has been carrying out state-sanctioned violence in our communities. We have seen them terrorize so many of citizens in the Fifth District and across Minnesota. And that has tragically led to this murder that we all watched on TV. And so, it is not helpful for us to have ICE agents unlawfully just carrying out these ridiculous raids that are not resulting in any sort of arrests, that have no explanation of why they are there. They are disturbing peaceful communities that are just trying to live out their lives. And I join our mayor and our senator in asking them to get the heck out of our city.”

Keep reading

CMS Chief Dr. Oz Confirms SNAP and Medicaid Are Being Weaponized for Massive Voter Fraud in Blue States — Illegal Aliens Get Ballot Access, Stealing Elections!

In a bombshell interview with Laura Ingraham, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Administrator Dr. Mehmet Oz laid bare a systemic, government-enabled pipeline in Democrat-run states that links taxpayer-funded welfare enrollment to voter registration.

According to Dr. Oz, federal laws tying voter registration to welfare programs like Medicaid and SNAP are being exploited to register illegal aliens or non-citizens, effectively stealing elections by building partisan voter bases.

Dr. Oz specifically pointed to Minnesota as a prime example of how the system is being exploited, accusing state officials of making it ‘easy for fraudsters to make out like bandits.’

According to Oz, lax oversight has allowed massive abuse of Medicaid dollars, money that should be reserved for the disabled, children with autism, and families genuinely in need.

Under the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) frameworks, enrolling migrants into expansive welfare programs in sanctuary-style states also triggers voter registration mechanisms.

Enacted in 1993, the NVRA was designed to expand voter registration access by mandating that various state offices serve as voter registration agencies.

Section 7 requires states to offer voter registration opportunities at all offices that provide public assistance, including those administering programs such as Medicaid, SNAP, and the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). 

Under Section 7, state agencies are federally mandated to provide a voter registration application with each application for assistance, as well as during every recertification, renewal, or change of address.

This creates a welfare-to-ballot pipeline, effectively allowing left-wing political machines to harvest votes while draining federal resources.

Keep reading

Hilton Hotels: Hotel Behind DHS Room Cancellations Has ‘Apologized’

Hilton Hotels used a late afternoon X post on Monday to announce the hotel accused of denying rooms to DHS officers is independently owned and has “apologized for the actions of their team.”

In a follow-up post they added, “[The hotel has] taken immediate action to resolve this matter. Hilton’s position is clear: Our properties are open to everyone and we do not tolerate any form of discrimination.”

On Monday morning, Breitbart News reported DHS’s allegations that Hilton Hotels were denying rooms to Department of Homeland Security officers in the Minneapolis area. Hilton Hotels responded to the DHS by saying the hotel in question was independently owned.

Keep reading