Former Republican Lawmaker Shot Dead

A former Republican Mississippi lawmaker was found, shot dead, outside the burned home where her sister-in-law’s  body was found in December.

The former lawmaker, Ashley Henley, was shot in the back of the head as she was believed to be mowing her lawn, The Daily Mail reported.

The 40-year-old’s sister-in-law Kristina Michelle Jones was found dead in a burnt out trailer at the property in rural Yalobusha County, about 70 miles south of DeSoto County, in December last year, and Henley and her husband Brandon were convinced she was murdered.

Henley was at the property – where the couple have erected a large sign with pictures of Jones picture saying ‘I was Murdered’ as part of their campaign – on Sunday when she was killed.

Her body was found at about 10pm. She leaves behind a 15-year-old son.

Police have not formally linked the two deaths but Brandon Henley said he believed his sister and wife may have been killed by the same person. 

“’I feel that if something would have been done sooner this would have never happened,” he said to WJTV.

“I’d like for [the police] to do their job because this is the second person someone down there has taken from me. My son doesn’t have a mother,” he said.

Keep reading

‘Cult mom’ Lori Vallow is COMMITTED for psychiatric treatment after being declared mentally unfit to stand trial for murder of her two children

‘Cult mom’ Lori Vallow has been committed to psychiatric treatment after she was declared mentally unfit to stand trial for the murders of her two children. 

The news comes just over a week after it was revealed that competency evaluation was made under seal to determine Lori’s fitness to proceed with the trial after it was called into question by her lawyers.  

An Idaho judge on Tuesday ordered Vallow to be remanded into the custody of the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare ‘for care and treatment at an appropriate facility for a period not exceeding 90 days.’

After 90 days, if Vallow is determined to have recovered, court proceedings would resume as per normal.

But if she is still deemed to be incompetent to stand trial, the case would be delayed for six additional months during which time she would continue to receive treatment.

It is unclear which state facility will treat Vallow.

Keep reading

Feds never alerted authorities about San Jose shooter Samuel Cassidy’s manifestos in 2016: report

In 2016, federal officials detained the San Jose man accused of killing nine of his colleagues last week, finding him with books on terrorism and detailed writings about how much he hated the people at his work — but nobody bothered to alert local authorities, according to reports.

Santa Clara County District Attorney Jeff Rosen told USA Today Friday the intel might have helped prevent the mass attack by Samuel Cassidy Wednesday that resulted in the deaths of nine employees at the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority light rail hub.

“The DA’s office was not notified,” Rosen said, adding he wasn’t aware of a single agency in the area that was told this information. “I would like to have known this in 2016.”

Cassidy was stopped on a trip back from the Philippines in 2016 by US Customs and Border Protection.

A Department of Homeland Security memo from the stop, which was obtained by The Wall Street Journal, states that an officer found Cassidy had “books about terrorism and fear and manifestos … as well as a black memo book filled with lots of notes about how he hates the VTA.”

Keep reading

Ex-FBI agent, Biggie filmmakers: Sealed court docs reveal killer, cover-up

Death Row Records founder Marion “Suge” Knight financed the hit on Brooklyn rapper Notorious B.I.G. — an execution carried out by Nation of Islam convert and hired hitman Amir Muhammad with the help of corrupt Los Angeles cops, according to an FBI agent who worked the case and sources who have seen sealed court documents.

“All the evidence points to Amir Muhammad. He’s the one who pulled the trigger,” retired FBI agent Phil Carson, who worked the case for two years, claimed to The Post. “There were plenty of others who helped orchestrate it [and] allowed him to pull the trigger.”

The alleged cover-up “was the biggest miscarriage of justice in my 20-year career at the FBI,” said Carson. “I had evidence that LAPD officers were involved and I was shut down by the LAPD and city attorneys inside Los Angeles.”

Christopher Wallace (aka the Notorious B.I.G. or Biggie Smalls) was 24 when he was sensationally gunned down on a Los Angeles street in the early morning of March 9, 1997.

Keep reading

Prison guards ‘didn’t notice’ that Satanist tortured, beheaded cellmate

California prison guards “didn’t notice” that a self-described Satanist decapitated and dissected the body of his cellmate, a state investigation found.

Why the officers at Corcoran State Prison didn’t discover the grisly scene until the following morning is not detailed in the reports, the Los Angeles Times reported. A lawsuit filed by the dead inmate’s family claims the cell bars were covered with a sheet and accuses the guards of not checking the cell.

The mutilated corpse of Luis Romero, 44, was discovered the morning of March 9, 2019, in the cell he shared with Jaime Osuna, 31.

Osuna was serving a life sentence for torturing and killing a woman at a motel in 2011 and had a history of attacking fellow inmates. He had never had a cellmate before.

He allegedly used a homemade knife to cut out one of Romero’s eyes, chop off a finger, remove part of his ribs and slice out part of a lung. He ultimately cut off his head. He also posed the body, slicing Romero’s face open on either side of his mouth to resemble an extended smile, according to an autopsy.

Keep reading

Cleveland mayor allegedly prevented gang-member grandson’s arrest for murder

Cleveland Mayor Frank G. Jackson allegedly used his influence to protect his grandson — a reputed gang member — from being arrested in connection to a fatal shooting that still remains unsolved two years later, according to a report. The New York Post reported that Frank Q. Jackson, a suspected member of violent street gang No-Limit 700, was the prime suspect in the broad-daylight August 28, 2019 shooting of 30-year-old Antonio “Bisket” Parra.

Jackson, who is now being sued by the murdered man’s family, is accused of preventing the arrest of his grandson when cops went to the 74-year-old Democrat’s house the night of the shooting. According to  documents, police intended to take his grandson into custody, but they stood down after a conversation the mayor had with Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams, according to the New Republic.

It’s unknown what took place during the encounter at the mayor’s house, since the elder Jackson apparently told the cops to turn off their body-worn cameras, in violation of department policy, a local TV station reported in September 2019.

The mayor, as part of the wrongful death lawsuit proceedings, claimed ignorance about why his grandson wasn’t arrested that night.

“I do not know,” Jackson said, according to the New Republic, “however, to the best of my recollection while outside my house … [police] spoke on the phone with Frank Q. Jackson’s lawyers.”

In addition to the circumstances surrounding cops backing away from arresting Frank Q., a local councilman claims the mayor — who has led the Ohio city since 2005 — has repeatedly provided cover for his grandson’s gang.

Keep reading

Mom ‘fatally disembowels baby son and stabs daughter, 8, at least 50 TIMES’ as it’s claimed she’s ‘into witchcraft’

A MOM who is accused of fatally disembowelling her baby son and critically stabbing her daughter, at least 50 times, is believed to be “into witchcraft.”

The horrific incident took place in a home in Newport News, Virginia, where Sarah Ganoe, 35, allegedly used a pocket knife to attack the two children.

She has now been charged with the fatal stabbing of 10-month-old Zell Howard and the stabbing of her 8-year-old daughter.

According to police the baby boy, who had multiple stab wounds and was slashed in the abdomen, was pronounced dead at the scene.

The girl had reportedly similar injuries including at least 50 stab wounds and was transferred to Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters in Norfolk.

A neighbor Clay Connell told WRIC Ganoe had told him that she was into witchcraft.

“She told me she liked to dip into witchcraft a little bit.

“I mean for there to be multiple stab wounds on both kids, it was very heartbreaking. No child deserves anything like that,” he said.

Keep reading

‘Witchcraft’ Teacher Charged in Alleged Murder of Missing Mother, Whose Toddler Son Was Found Wandering Alone

A man previously implicated in the disappearance of missing mother Leila Cavett has been accused of killing her. Shannon Demar Ryan, 39, faces a count of second-degree murder, according to a partially redacted police statement obtained by Law&Crime.

Cavett’s 2-year-old son was found wandering the streets of Miramar, Florida on July 26, 2020, cops have said. There was no apparent trace of his parents. Officers soon figured out, however, that he was the son of Atlanta woman Leila Cavett. Police in nearby Hollywood, Florida took over the investigation after they found Cavett’s white pickup truck in their jurisdiction.

Enter Shannon Ryan, who was arrested in August for allegedly lying to federal investigators in connection to Leila’s disappearance. This self-described teacher of “witchcraft” had released a nearly hour-long video in which he denied wrongdoing. He asserted Cavett went down to Florida to sell him her truck. He maintained that he spoke to the police, telling them everything that he knew. Ryan alleged that Cavett was speaking to some men, and then she brought her son into their car with her. He maintained that he tried to talk her out of it, but she went anyway. Cavett never returned, he said.

Keep reading