Florida DSA Senate Candidate’s Crazy Moments: Quotes Marxist Cop Killer, Calls Drag Shows ‘Wholesome Entertainment’ for Children

Florida’s Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) Senate candidate Angie Nixon has a history of making outlandish statements throughout her political career, including praising a Marxist cop killer while campaigning in a church, calling for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) policies to be put back in place, and admitting to taking her children to drag shows, referring to them as “wholesome” entertainment.

Nixon defeated Trump-hater Alex Vindman (D) in her primary battle and will now face off against Republican Rep. Ashley Moody (R-FL) in November’s general election. With that, many of Nixon’s positions – which also include bringing back DEI and prioritizing a pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens – are coming to light.

Here are some of her crazy moments.

1.The Florida state representative openly quoted Marxist cop killer Assata Shakur, who at one time appeared on the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) list of “most wanted” terrorists,” while campaigning in a church.

“I’m gonna open this up for questions, but I’m gonna leave y’all with these words of a famous freedom fighter before we open it up: Assata Shakur,” Nixon said. “‘It is our duty to fight for our freedom. It is our duty to win. We must love and protect one another. We have nothing to lose but our chains.’”

“Our chains are attacks on the Voting Rights Act. Our chains are them closing down our neighborhood schools. Our chains are them spending a billion dollars on a ballroom you will never get to dance in – never, ever get to dance in,” Nixon said, seemingly taking issue with the addition of the White House Ballroom even as security concerns abound, as seen with the would-be shooter at the WHCA dinner earlier this year.

Nixon continued, asserting that the “chains” are “them kidnapping our immigrant neighbors and locking them up,” falsely suggesting that ICE is arresting illegal aliens for no reason.

“Our chains are them not arresting corrupt cops that shoot black unarmed men in the streets. Our chains are the attacks on women’s rights. Our chains,” she continued, “are them emboldening racists to come into my district and shoot three black people in the Dollar General, and only say that person was a little off and didn’t even want to say that he was a racist.”

She then again quoted Marxist cop killer Shakur: “‘It is our duty to fight for our freedom. It is our duty to win,’” concluding that there is “absolutely nothing to lose” but “our chains.”

Keep reading

Debbie Wasserman Schultz Wins Florida Primary in District with Large Black Population Despite Blowback From Black Democrats

Longtime Democrat Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz on Tuesday evening won Florida’s US House 20 Democrat primary.

Earlier this year, Black Democrats lashed out at Democrat Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz for her decision to run for reelection in a district with a majority black population.

Wasserman Schultz was first elected to Congress in 2004 to represent Florida’s 25th District.

However, Wasserman Schultz was forced to run in Florida’s 20th Congressional District after Republican lawmakers redistricted and reshaped the map.

Wasserman Shultz ran in an area that was represented by Sheila Cherfilus-McCormick, a black lawmaker who resigned earlier this year after she was indicted on fraud charges.

Black Democrats lashed out at Wasserman Schultz and attacked her for running in a district with a large black population.

“I think, for sure, it was a bad move by the congresswoman to run in this district. It was selfish and all about her, her career, and not about the community. She failed to do any meaningful dialogue with the community before announcing her run, and it comes off as a hostile takeover of the district,” said Elijah Manley, a 27-year-old Black Democrat and progressive organizer running against her in the primary.

Keep reading

‘Antisemitic’ Fla. Congressional candidate Dan Bilzerian receives heavy backlash after posting highly offensive AI ad targeting Rep. Fine

Bipartisan leaders in Washington are uniting to condemn an increasingly bitter Republican primary in Florida’s 6th Congressional District.

The backlash follows social media personality Dan Bilzerian’s release of an AI-generated attack ad against incumbent U.S. Representative Randy Fine, one of just four Jewish Republicans currently serving in the House.

Bilzerian, who is running in the Republican primary in Florida’s 6th Congressional District, has previously expressed immense respect for the Muslim community, praised aspects of Islamic culture and stated that he began reading the Quran out of personal interest — during podcast appearances and interviews.

He has also been an outspoken critic of Israel and a vocal advocate for “Palestinian rights.”

You can watch Bilzerian’s AI-generated attack ad here.

In the most shocking attack ad, Representative Fine (R-Fla.) appears adorned with the Star of David alongside images of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, using artificial intelligence (AI) to sprout devilish horns from Fine’s head while referring to him as a “satanic whore.”

“It is unheard of to share an opponents television commercial. But I want you to watch it. Every second. Celebrating Hitler. Having horns grow out of the heads of Jews. Showing me violently assaulted. And if this appeals to you, I don’t want your vote. We have a choice on Tuesday, to embrace the kind of Nazism that led to the Holocaust or to repudiate this filth and reaffirm American values and character. Let’s send a resounding message on Tuesday,” Fine (R-Fla.) posted on X.

Keep reading

Why Has Rep. Mario Díaz-Balart Consistently Aligned With Morocco? Questions Grow Over Family Lobbying Ties and Spain Policy

For decades, Rep. Mario Díaz-Balart (R-Fla.) built his reputation as one of Congress’s strongest anti-communist voices and a champion of freedom for Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua.

Today, however, many Spaniards—particularly conservatives and defenders of Spain’s territorial integrity—are asking a different question: Why has one of America’s most influential Hispanic Republicans repeatedly advanced positions that closely align with Morocco’s claims against a NATO ally?

The controversy intensified after Díaz-Balart publicly stated that the Spanish cities of Ceuta and Melilla are “in Moroccan territory,” with language reflecting that position later appearing in a House Appropriations Committee report associated with legislation under his jurisdiction.

Spain’s government immediately rejected the characterization, reaffirming that Ceuta and Melilla are integral parts of Spain.

Those statements did not emerge in a vacuum.

Public records show that the late Lincoln Díaz-Balart—Mario’s brother and a former member of Congress—received approximately $1.2 million through his consulting firm from the Moroccan American Center for Policy, an organization registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) to represent Moroccan interests in Washington.

The contract specifically prohibited lobbying Mario Díaz-Balart or his congressional staff, and no public evidence shows that Mario himself received Moroccan funds or violated any lobbying laws.

Nevertheless, the overlap between the family’s documented lobbying ties, Mario Díaz-Balart’s longstanding advocacy for Morocco in Congress, and his repeated engagement with Catalan separatist leaders has fueled criticism in both Spain and the United States.

Spanish media, political commentators, and citizens have increasingly criticized Díaz-Balart’s position, arguing that it undermines the territorial integrity of one of America’s oldest allies while closely tracking Morocco’s diplomatic narrative.

His remarks have generated widespread backlash across Spain’s political spectrum and become a flashpoint in U.S.-Spain relations.

The underlying facts are no longer in dispute: a documented family lobbying relationship with Moroccan interests, a congressional record consistently favorable to Rabat, repeated meetings with Catalan independence leaders, and public statements questioning Spain’s sovereignty over Ceuta and Melilla have placed Mario Díaz-Balart at the center of one of the most contentious foreign-policy debates affecting America’s relationship with Spain.

Keep reading

Federal Appeals Court Upholds Florida’s Ban on Exposing Children to ‘Lewd’ Drag Shows

A federal appeals court has upheld Florida’s child protection law that seeks to prevent kids from attending or being exposed to “adult live performances” like suggestive drag shows or lewd “drag queen” story hours.

The case has been in litigation for three years after a federal judge blocked the law after Orlando’s Hamburger Mary’s Restaurant and Bar sued to preserve it’s ability to host “family friendly drag shows,” according to Courthouse News Service and other outlets.

The 2023 Protection of Children Act law defines an “adult” performance as any show that depicts or simulates “nudity, sexual conduct, sexual excitement or specific sexual activities, lewd conduct or the lewd exposure of prosthetic or imitation genitals or breasts,” the legal news service reported.

Drag shows are known to feature performers dressed in over-the-top sexualized costumes who perform suggestive dances and sometimes simulate lewd acts.

On Tuesday, the full 11th Circuit bench decided on the appeal, ruling 8-5 in favor of overturning the lower court ruling made by Clinton-appointed Senior District Judge Gregory Presnell 2023, as well as overturning an earlier three-judge panel in the circuit last year that agreed with the lower court’s ruling.

“We will not second-guess the Florida Legislature’s decision to regulate obscenity,” wrote U.S. Circuit Judge Andrew Brasher on behalf of the majority. “Preventing children from attending adult live performances obscene for them is rationally related to Florida’s interest in safeguarding the well-being of minors.”

Brasher was appointed to the appellate bench by President Donald Trump.

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier praised the decision.

“Huge victory for our team at the 11th Circuit! After 3 years of litigation, the full court affirmed the constitutionality of Florida’s ban on children attending sexualized drag show,” he said in a statement. “Great work by Solicitor General Dave Dewhirst, who argued the case on the state’s behalf!”

Keep reading

Fla. AG says his office is opening an investigation into Fauci after Senate hearing

Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier has announced that his office is opening an investigation into Anthony Fauci, the former White House chief medical adviser, following a fiery Senate hearing.

Emphasizing Fauci’s unwillingness to answer lawmaker’ questions on Wednesday, Uthmeier revealed the move in a social media post.

“Fauci’s lack of candor to Congress is unbelievable,” Uthmeier said on Wednesday. “My office is launching an investigation into Dr. Fauci. It’s past time we get the truth of what happened during COVID.”

During the hearing, Fauci invoked the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution 111 times as Republican senators asked him questions related to the COVID-19 pandemic and its origins.

Fauci’s appearance before the committee came after Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who chairs the committee, released more than 1,000 pages of his private diary entries during the COVID-19 pandemic. The pages appeared to reveal discrepancies between Fauci’s public statements regarding the virus and its impact and his private conversations and information.

In a statement to Fox News, Uthmeier elaborated on his office’s move to investigate Fauci.

“In light of recent reports exposed by Senator Rand Paul, we will investigate any and all potential violations of Florida law involving Anthony Fauci,” Uthmeier told Fox News.

“Our inquiry will focus on what Fauci knew, when he knew it, and how he misled the American people. We will examine the physical and monetary harms to Floridians that may have resulted from his deceptions and determine whether his conduct exposes him to liability under state law,” he continued.

In a 2020 diary entry, Fauci estimated a lower COVID-19 death rate than what he told Congress under oath a week later, as well as other seeming discrepancies. While some view the messaging as inconsistent, others attributed the differences to evolving data.

While speaking on The Benny Show on Thursday, Uthmeier said they would be sending “a plane up to D.C. and get any file they’re willing to share with us.”

“I look forward to working with Senator Rand Paul. I know he’s eager to find accountability,” he continued, adding that it would be likely they would issue subpoenas “as early as next week.”

Keep reading

GOP Rep. Cory Mills Under Federal Investigation: Report

The Justice Department is currently investigating GOP Rep. Cory Mills, according to ABC News, The Washington Examiner, and MS NOW.

The federal probe is in part over Mills’ finances, ABC News said, citing sources.

“The Department of Justice is conducting a criminal investigation into Rep. Cory Mills, R-Fla., according to two sources familiar with the matter, adding to the mounting legal and ethical scrutiny facing the embattled congressman,” MS NOW reported.

“The sources didn’t disclose the focus of the DOJ investigation. But a third source told MS NOW at least one person was contacted by the FBI last year about Mills’ finances, allegations of misconduct and individuals in his orbit,” MS NOW

The Washington Examiner reported:

Embattled Rep. Cory Mills (R-FL) is under an investigation by the Department of Justice, a source familiar confirmed to the Washington Examiner.

It is unclear why the DOJ is investigating Mills, and the agency did not respond to a request for comment. Mills has been accused of domestic violence, stolen valor, and financial misconduct. Mills has denied any wrongdoing.

The FBI reportedly reached out to at least one person about Mills’s finances last year, according to MS NOW. The Washington Examiner has reached out to Mills for comment.

The nature of the investigation is unclear but Cory Mills is facing allegations of domestic violence, stolen valor and financial crimes.

Earlier this year, GOP Rep. Nancy Mace filed to expel Cory Mills.

Keep reading

Leon County Commissioners Unanimously Defund Flock Cameras After Packed Public Hearing

In a unanimous vote that sent shockwaves through Florida’s surveillance debate, Leon County Commissioners pulled a $440,000 agenda item that would have expanded Flock Safety license plate reader cameras throughout the county — after a packed crowd of citizens showed up to demand they do exactly that.

The funding, drawn from a regional public safety grant rather than local tax dollars, was stripped before it could be approved. Commission Chair Christian Caban made no attempt to soften the message: “I hate those damn cameras,” he told the crowd.

Speakers lined up to push back on what they called an unconstitutional surveillance dragnet. “Tracking thousands of innocent citizens who are just trying to drive to work, drop their kids off at school, or go to the grocery store is an overreach into our privacy,” said Devin Nobles, a computer engineer who addressed the Commission.

The Leon County decision is part of a rapidly growing backlash against Flock Safety across Florida. The state is home to nearly 7,500 Flock LPRs — one of the densest deployments in the country. Critics say the cameras create a “mosaic” of surveillance that effectively tracks the daily movements of innocent civilians without a warrant, without consent, and without meaningful oversight. There have also been documented instances of law enforcement officers misusing the system to track former partners, and some Flock footage has been found to be publicly accessible online.

The revolt is crossing political lines. Gubernatorial candidates Byron Donalds and James Fishback have both come out against the technology. Multiple candidates in Florida’s 2nd Congressional District race have called for an outright ban. Libertarians in Bay County held a protest last month under the banner “De-Flock Bay County.”

The tide in Florida appears to be turning — and Leon County just showed the rest of the state what a unanimous “no” looks like.

Keep reading

GOING VIRAL: Blue Haired Trans Student LOSES IT, Attacks Cops When Officer Misgenders Him – Gets Tased and Arrested 

Police body camera footage from the University of Central Florida last year is blowing up on the internet due to the absurdity police had to deal with from a so-called transgender student.

The now viral incident occurred in February 2025 but has resurfaced.

An officer, seen in the video below, walks into a campus building, where he encounters a blue-haired student, who has been identified as 27-year-old Jarrett Vick. “Why do you let those kids get away with this? They are not supposed to be here,” Vick screams at the officer, sparking the incident.

The cop, who said he was on campus for a stolen vehicle investigation, then threatened to put him in cuffs and take him to a Baker Act facility for psychiatric hold, and Vick said, “f*cking try it.”

The officer then called for backup to deal with the unhinged student, and upon saying over the radio, “he’s having a breakdown,” things escalated with Vick screaming, “She! She! Just say the right pronouns!”

“What’d you say?” the officer responded as he pulled out a can of mace and started chasing Vick around the room.

Eventually, a second officer arrived, and the police placed Vick, who forcefully resisted and appeared to attack officers,  under arrest.

Keep reading

Andrew and Tristan Tate Arrested by US Marshals in Miami on Rape Charges

The Tate brothers were arrested again on Saturday.

Influencers Andrew and Tristan Tate were arrested by US Marshals in Miami according to the Associated Press and TMZ.

The Tate brothers are wanted in the United Kingdom on rape and human trafficking charges.

Andrew and Tristan Tate are dual British and US citizens.

British prosecutors on Saturday night said they are seeking the extradition of the Tate Brothers.

The AP reported that a warrant was sealed.

Keep reading