Judge Blocks Transportation Department From Withholding Funds From States That Defy Federal Immigration Policy

A group of Democratic attorneys general secured a favorable ruling by a federal judge in Rhode Island on June 19 to temporarily block the Trump administration’s plan to withhold transportation grant funding for states that refuse to go along with its immigration polices.

Two days earlier, in the wake of recent anti-immigration riots in Los Angeles rife with looting, destruction of personal property, and physical impediment of immigration officials, Department of Transportation (DOT) Secretary Sean Duffy said on X: “The @USDOT will NOT fund rogue state actors who refuse to cooperate with federal immigration enforcement. And to cities that stand by while rioters destroy transportation infrastructure—don’t expect a red cent from DOT, either. Follow the law, or forfeit the funding.”

His X post was in response to President Donald Trump’s Truth Social post that same day saying Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers should “do all in their power to achieve the very important goal of delivering the single largest Mass Deportation Program in History.”

“In order to achieve this, we must expand efforts to detain and deport Illegal Aliens in America’s largest Cities, such as Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York, where Millions upon Millions of Illegal Aliens reside,” the president wrote.

“I want ICE, Border Patrol, and our Great and Patriotic Law Enforcement Officers, to FOCUS on our crime-ridden and deadly Inner Cities, and those places where Sanctuary Cities play such a big role.”

The Democratic state attorneys general filed a lawsuit on May 13 over Duffy’s defunding policy announced in April.

Keep reading

HERE WE GO: Judge Hannah Dugan’s Trial for Obstruction of ICE Agents is OFF the Calendar as Court Possibly Rules on Motion to Dismiss Case

Milwaukee County Judge Hannah Dugan’s trial for obstruction of ICE agents is now off the calendar as the court possibly rules on her motion to dismiss the case.

Last month Hannah Dugan moved to dismiss the case against her one day after a federal grand jury indicted her on two counts for obstructing an ICE arrest.

Dugan’s attorneys cited the 10th Amendment, official acts as a judge and judicial immunity.

A federal grand jury previously indicted Milwaukee County judge Hannah Dugan for helping an illegal alien evade ICE agents.

Dugan is facing up to six years in prison and $350,000 in fines.

Hannah Dugan was arrested by the FBI for obstructing an ICE arrest in April.

According to the FBI, Judge Hannah Dugan obstructed an immigration arrest operation last month. Dugan became angry when she found out that ICE agents were waiting outside of her courtroom last week to arrest Eduardo Flores-Ruiz, an illegal alien involved in a domestic abuse case she was overseeing. She allegedly directed Flores-Ruiz to exit the courthouse through a private jury door to evade arrest.

FBI Director Kash Patel said Judge Dugan “intentionally misdirected federal agents away from the subject to be arrested at her courthouse.”

The shocking criminal complaint detailed Judge Dugan’s actions to intimidate federal agents and how she helped the illegal alien evade arrest.

Keep reading

Crazy: Rulings by Biden DOJ and Federal Judge Block Trump DHS From Deporting El Salvadoran Gang Member With Multiple Convictions–Including Murder: Report

How crazy is the United States immigration enforcement system? An El Salvadoran man alleged to be a member of the Surenos gang living in Los Angeles who was convicted of murder and other violent crimes is being protected from deportation by the Trump administration because of a December 2024 Biden Department of Justice ruling protecting the killer from being sent back to El Salvador over fears of torture, and a 2025 nationwide injunction by a federal judge delaying deputations to third party countries.

Fox News reporter Bill Melugin filed a stunning report after doing a ride-along with Homeland Security agents when they went to arrest Alexander Alfredo Palacios Guevara on a deportation order.

Guevara did not resist arrest. He shocked unaware agents and Melugin when he told them as he was being led into an ICE detention center, “I have CAT, I have CAT,” shorthand for DCAT, Deferral of Removal under the Convention Against Torture protection from deportation.

Guevara explained, “I just got CAT on December the 18th of last year by the BIA. You can call my lawyer.”

Asked by Melugin if he was a convicted murderer, Guevara responded, “I am free.”

ICE confirmed Guevara’s protected status and released him later that day, only to go pick him up the following day. He remains in custody as a threat to public safety while the Trump administration works on deporting him.

Keep reading

80 Percent Of Anti-Trump Lawsuits Are Filed In Courts Ruled By Democrat Appointees

As the Trump administration faces substantial pushback in the courts, including an unprecedented wave of nationwide injunctions halting its policies, some are claiming that his opponents are tilting the scales of justice by selectively bringing their lawsuits before sympathetic courts in a practice called “forum shopping.” They note that three-quarters of the lower court justices who have blocked Trump policies were appointed by Democrats.

Gaming the federal justice system, however, is harder than it sounds because plaintiffs bring cases before courts rather than judges. Most federal courts have a mix of judges appointed by Democrats and Republicans. The plaintiff’s goal in forum shopping is to launch their suit in a district where they are more likely to draw a sympathetic justice — ideally, this district would also include an appellate court stacked with like-minded judges.

To see whether Trump’s adversaries are engaging in forum shopping, RealClearInvestigations analyzed 350 cases brought against the administration. We found that plaintiffs have brought 80 percent of those cases before just 11 of the nation’s 91 district courts. While Democrat presidents have appointed roughly 60 percent of all active district court judges, each of the 11 district courts where the anti-Trump challenges have been clustered boasts an even higher percentage of Democrat appointees. In several of these venues, the administration’s challengers are almost guaranteed that a judge picked by Joe Biden, Barack Obama, or Bill Clinton will preside over their case.

The analysis of these 350 cases, which covers all those identified in popular litigation trackers and RCI’s independent research as of last week, lends credence to claims that anti-Trump litigants may be strategically filing suit in courts where they are most likely to receive a favorable ruling — a practice that has been both pursued and decried by Democrats and Republicans.

RCI also analyzed three dozen cases in which judges imposed the most extreme restraint on the Trump administration by entering a nationwide or universal injunction — prohibiting the administration from enforcing its policy not only against the party bringing the case, but anyone, everywhere. The analysis shows that these injunctions have disproportionately emerged from Democrat-leaning courts where plaintiffs have brought the lion’s share of suits, and that Democrat-appointed judges are overwhelmingly responsible for ordering them.

This is consistent with other analyses indicating that Democrat-appointed judges have handed down the bulk of all adverse rulings against the Trump administration.

Trump critics note that Republican-appointed judges have also ruled against the administration. They contend that the courts have halted Trump’s policies at an unprecedented scale because of his administration’s unprecedented overreach.

Nevertheless, evidence shows that the anti-Trump cases used to stymie policies in areas ranging from immigration to DEI and the administrative state have overwhelmingly come before courts that, on their face, would appear unfriendly. Plaintiffs have brought roughly 60 percent of all cases against Trump in three district courts with a disproportionate number of active judges appointed by Democratic presidents: the District of Columbia, Massachusetts, and Maryland.

Plaintiffs filed 41 percent of all cases RCI identified — 143 in all — in the D.C. District Court, where Democratic presidents appointed 73 percent of active judges.

Keep reading

Obama Judge Holds Florida AG in Contempt For Cooperating with Trump Admin, Enforcing State’s Anti-Illegal Immigrant Laws

A federal judge held Florida’s Attorney General in contempt of court for enforcing the state’s anti-illegal immigration laws.

Last month Florida Attorney General James Uthmeier told a corrupt Obama judge that he will not order state authorities to halt enforcement of immigration law.

US District Judge Kathleen Williams, an Obama appointee, issued an injunction claiming Florida’s (state) law violates the Supremacy Clause in the Constitution in response to a lawsuit filed by the anti-American ACLU.

Uthmeier asked state law enforcement to continue to enforce immigration laws even though the judge issued an injunction barring them from doing their jobs.

Under the threat of contempt, AG Uthmeier refused to back down to the judge.

“That law does nothing more than exercise Florida’s inherent sovereign authority to protect its citizens by aiding the enforcement of federal immigration law,” Uthmeier wrote Wednesday, according to Fox News.

“I’m just not going to do that. We believe the court has overstepped and lacks jurisdiction there, and I will not tell law enforcement to stop fulfilling their constitutional duties.”

Judge Williams denied Uthmeier’s request to pause her injunction while he appealed it to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Earlier this month the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals denied similar request by Uthmeier.

On Tuesday, Judge Williams held Uthmeier in contempt of court and ordered him to file bi-weekly reports detailing whether any arrests, detentions or law enforcement actions have occurred.

Keep reading

Court Expands Block on Trump Admin Biological-Sex-Only Passport Rule

A judge has expanded a preliminary injunction on a move by President Donald Trump’s administration that would limit a person’s sex listed on their passport to align with their biological sex.

U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts Judge Julia Kobick expanded the preliminary injunction on Tuesday after she ruled in favor of six plaintiffs who identified as transgender or nonbinary in April.

The plaintiffs were challenging a Trump administration rule change that restricted passport sex to align with birth sex, overturning a State Department policy that allowed people to choose the sex displayed on their passport, including an “X” option for individuals who identify as intersex and non-binary.

In that April ruling, only the six plaintiffs were allowed to receive passports aligning with their gender identity. Tuesday’s ruling issued by Kobick expands that order to grant class certification, pausing enforcement of the rule change nationwide.

The Trump administration is likely to appeal the decision. In the interim, Kobick’s order prevents the State Department from enforcing the administration’s revised rules.

The U.S. has permitted individuals who identify as transgender and intersex to choose a different sex for their passport than their birth sex since 1992, pending submission of medical documentation, until the rules were changed in 2021 under President Joe Biden. The Biden administration allowed people to self-select their passport sex marker based on gender identity, while non-binary, intersex, and other individuals were allowed to select an “X” marker rather than “M” or “F.”

Keep reading

California Judge Blocks Trump Admin from Dismantling State Dept’s Censorship Agencies

A federal judge in California has halted the Trump administration’s effort to dismantle the State Department’s Counter Foreign Information Manipulation and Interference (R-FIMI) Hub, formerly known as the Global Engagement Center (GEC).

In a June 13 order, US District Judge Susan Illston declared that the planned elimination of the unit, part of a broader push by the administration to downsize the federal government, violates an earlier injunction.

We obtained a copy of the order for you here.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio may have prematurely celebrated the end of R-FIMI back in April when he said the censorship unit was “dead.”

Despite his announcement, legal barriers remain in place, preserving the agency’s existence. For now.

Through the intervention of the federal judiciary, R-FIMI, a program with a $50 million annual budget that has drawn fire for suppressing online speech under the pretense of combating “foreign disinformation,” has been granted an unexpected lifeline.

The agency, a legacy of the Obama administration, was launched in 2016 to monitor and counter alleged foreign propaganda, particularly from Russia.

But over time, its activities expanded into domestic spheres, drawing allegations that it pressured social media platforms to silence certain political voices ahead of the 2020 election.

Keep reading

Tipping The Scales: Why So Many Cases Against Trump Are Heard By Democrat-Appointed Judges

As the Trump administration faces substantial pushback in the courts, including an unprecedented wave of nationwide injunctions halting its policies, some are claiming that his opponents are tilting the scales of justice by selectively bringing their lawsuits before sympathetic courts in a practice called “forum shopping.” They note that three-quarters of the lower court justices who have blocked Trump policies were appointed by Democrats.

Gaming the federal justice system, however, is harder than it sounds because plaintiffs bring cases before courts rather than judges. Most federal courts have a mix of judges appointed by Democrats and Republicans. The plaintiff’s goal in forum shopping is to launch their suit in a district where they are more likely to draw a sympathetic justice – ideally, this district would also include an appellate court stacked with like-minded judges.

To see whether Trump’s adversaries are engaging in forum shopping, RealClearInvestigations analyzed 350 cases brought against the administration. We found that plaintiffs have brought 80% of those cases before just 11 of the nation’s 91 district courts. While Democrat presidents have appointed roughly 60% of all active district court judges, each of the 11 district courts where the anti-Trump challenges have been clustered boasts an even higher percentage of Democrat appointees. In several of these venues, the administration’s challengers are almost guaranteed that a judge picked by Joe Biden, Barack Obama, or Bill Clinton will preside over their case.

The analysis of these 350 cases, which covers all those identified in popular litigation trackers and RCI’s independent research as of this week, lends credence to claims that anti-Trump litigants may be strategically filing suit in courts where they are most likely to receive a favorable ruling – a practice that has been both pursued and decried by Democrats and Republicans.

RCI also analyzed three dozen cases in which judges imposed the most extreme restraint on the Trump administration by entering a nationwide or universal injunction – prohibiting the administration from enforcing its policy not only against the party bringing the case, but anyone, everywhere. The analysis shows that these injunctions have disproportionately emerged from Democrat-leaning courts where plaintiffs have brought the lion’s share of suits, and that Democrat-appointed judges are overwhelmingly responsible for ordering them.

This is consistent with other analyses indicating that Democrat-appointed judges have handed down the bulk of all adverse rulings against the Trump administration.

Keep reading

Dems Find Second Judge To Block More Of Trump’s Order Enforcing Election Law  

After a U.S. district court judge barred parts of Donald Trump’s election integrity executive order in April, a coalition of 19 Democrat attorneys general found a second district court judge to block other crucial provisions of the order. Along with the requirement of proof of citizenship to register to vote, these provisions include measures that strengthen security protections for overseas voting and ensure that ballots meet an Election Day deadline instead of straggling in for weeks on end.

By law, only U.S. citizens are allowed to vote in federal elections. But left-leaning Massachusetts Judge Denise J. Casper ruled on Friday that wannabe voters should not have to prove they are citizens by showing documents like a passport, a state-issued photo ID like a driver’s license, or a military ID.

Casper has sided with the 19 Democrat-led states fighting President Donald Trump’s executive order requiring documentary proof of citizenship to participate in federal elections. The states in this case are California, Nevada, Massachusetts, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Wisconsin.

In their lawsuit the states took aim at Trump’s order directing the federal Election Assistance Commission (EAC) to include a documentary proof of citizenship requirement on the federal voter registration form, which would require state employees to assess citizenship — see the documents — before letting applicants register to vote when they apply for public assistance programs. (Those receiving public assistance are automatically handed a federal voter registration card when they apply for services.)  

The same executive order has other components, including a directive that Attorney General Pam Bondi take action against states that count absentee or mail-in ballots received after Election Day in the final tabulation of votes and a measure to require proof of citizenship and state eligibility to register as an overseas voter under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA). But Casper nixed those too.

In April U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly barred the order’s critical proof-of-citizenship requirement for the federal voter registration application and, according to Politico, “another provision that instructs federal agencies not to assist individuals with registering unless they can assess that those people are U.S. citizens.” She left provisions like the Election Day deadline and the UOCAVA proof-of-citizenship requirement in place, but Democrats simply moved along to the favorable venue and achieved a victory in one district court that has nationwide consequences for the integrity of U.S. elections.

Keep reading

Court Postpones Arraignment in Federal Case Against Democrat Rep. LaMonica McIver, Gives Her Permission to Travel Internationally

A court on Friday postponed the arraignment in the case against Democrat Rep. LaMonica McIver to June 25.

McIver’s arraignment was originally scheduled for June 16.

The court also gave LaMonica McIver permission to travel internationally after a judge previously ordered her to surrender her firearms and said she cannot travel outside of the US.

Earlier this week a federal grand jury returned a 3-count indictment charging Democrat Rep. LaMonica McIver with forcibly impeding and interfering with federal law enforcement officers at the Delaney Hall detention center in Newark last month.

McIver is facing a maximum of 17 years in prison for all three counts.

Keep reading