Why Are Georgia Republicans Trying To Shut Down Election Integrity Efforts?

Afuror has erupted in Georgia over the Aug. 29 launch of a controversial fundraising campaign for the State Election Board (SEB). The crowdfunding effort was started by “Friends of the Georgia State Election Board” led by Kylie Kremer, executive director of Women for America First, acting in her personal capacity. The group has a stated goal of raising over a half million dollars to help fund the general activities of the board, and their efforts have rekindled debate over the struggle for control of the board and its semi-independence from the secretary of state.

The reason for this outside funding effort is that, while the board is dealing with a firestorm of criticism from Democrats, it is also being deliberately hamstrung by some Republicans. In particular, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, Gov. Brian Kemp, and Attorney General Chris Carr have been impeding the board, according to Kremer and donor comments left on her fundraising page.

Raffensperger has recently become openly critical of the board he once chaired over rulemaking and other actions he opposes. Raffensperger has been fiercely criticized by election integrity advocates for his lax handling of the 2020 election. Ironically, one of Georgia election integrity advocates’ biggest criticisms of Raffensperger is his enabling of $41 million in private funding for state election offices, via the controversial “Zuckbucks” grants. Critics say that huge amount of cash allowed partisan operatives to use state resources to run get-out-the-vote operations for Democrats and ultimately narrowly swung the election for President Joe Biden.

Raffensperger has also been accused by election integrity activists — many of whom are former supporters turned critics — like me, Jason Frazier, Kevin Moncla, David Cross, and others — of deliberately suppressing legitimate and consequential cases brought to his office in order to prevent them from being heard by the SEB. Worse, the statute of limitations for many of the 2020 election law violations alleged in those cases will soon expire.

In an email sent to Anna Bower, Senior Editor at Lawfare, which she then posted on X, SEB Chairman John Fervier said the board “has no association with any outside group reportedly raising funds” and “will not be accepting any funds that are raised by outside organizations or groups.”

Board member Dr. Jan Johnston tells me she concurs, adding that “While the State Election Board certainly does need additional funding, it must be done through the proper channels.”

But with Georgia reportedly running a budget surplus of over $2 billion, the most obvious question here is, “Why is this happening?” And that is often followed with, “Can the board even accept the money?”

Keep reading

REVEALED: Georgia school shooter Colt Gray was ‘bullied for being gay’

Georgia school shooter Colt Gray was bullied by classmates who called him gay, his father told detectives in an interview last year.

Colin Grey, 54, made the claims when he was interviewed by the Jackson County Sheriff’s office after the FBI received a tip that his son had threatened a shooting at his middle school. 

‘It was very difficult for him to go to school and not get picked on,’ Colin Gray told an investigator, according to a transcript of the conversation obtained by DailyMail.com.

The father added: ‘It went from one thing to another… I was trying to get him on the golf team… [they were like] Oh, look, Colt’s gay. He’s dating that guy. Just ridiculed him day after day after day.’

Gray, 14, is charged as an adult in the deaths of Mason Schermerhorn and Christian Angulo, both 14, Richard Aspinwall, 39, and Cristina Irimie, 53. Nine people were also hurt in Wednesday’s attack at Apalachee High school in Winder, outside of Atlanta.

He and his father appeared in back-to-back hearings Friday morning with about 50 onlookers in the courtroom. The elder Gray is also charged in connection with the shooting, including with counts of involuntary manslaughter and second-degree murder.

Colin Gray told police this week he purchased the weapon used in the killings as Christmas present for his son last December, according to authorities. 

The teen was interviewed after the sheriff received a tip from the FBI that Gray, then 13, ‘had possibly threatened to shoot up a middle school tomorrow.’ The threat was made on Discord, a social media platform popular with video gamers, according to the sheriff’s office incident report. 

Speaking to police in May, 2023, Colin said he had recently separated from his son’s mother, and that ‘she took his younger two’ kids, leaving him to care for Colt, who he said was struggling at Jefferson Middle School.

The father said Colt ‘gets flustered and under pressure,’ and ‘doesn’t really think straight.’

Colin added that he was trying to teach his son about weapons and get him interested in the outdoors in order to ‘get him away from those video games.’ 

He showed the officer a picture of Colt with blood smeared on his face and said it was from when the teen shot his first deer, which the father described as the ‘best day ever.’

Keep reading

You Can’t Make This Up: DNC Sues Georgia Election Board for Ensuring Every Vote Reflects the True Will of the People

In a country where common sense should reign supreme, one would expect a unified front in favor of protecting the sanctity of our elections. Yet, the Democrats continue to stand against measures designed to ensure that our electoral process is both fair and secure.

The latest instance of this troubling trend comes from Georgia, where the state’s Election Board has taken a bold step toward safeguarding election integrity—only to be met with fierce opposition from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Democratic Party of Georgia.

The Gateway Pundit previously reported that the Georgia Election Board voted 3-2 in favor of a new rule that mandates election workers to compare the total number of ballots cast with the total number of unique voter ID numbers in the system.

This crucial regulation aims to ensure that every vote cast is legitimate, allowing for thorough investigations into any discrepancies before election results can be certified.

Under this new rule, if any precinct shows that the number of ballots exceeds the number of unique voter IDs, counties must withhold certification of those election results until a complete investigation into potential fraud is conducted.

Keep reading

It’s Official – the Georgia Elections Board Confirms that There Was Fraud in the 2020 Election

The Georgia Elections Board (GEB) confirmed that there was indeed fraud in the 2020 Election in Georgia.  

The Board took three and a half years to get to this conclusion but they finally got here.

The reason for the delays has been corrupt members on the GEB and corrupt actors in the Republican Party leadership in the state.

Brad Raffensperger has denied and delayed every effort to get to the truth in the 2020 Election.  He then lied to President Trump and discounted what he said, lied about what he said and withheld material information on the 2020 Election in the state from the President of the United States.

Kevin Moncla who was instrumental is putting this information together thanked the GEB for acknowledging there was indeed fraud in Georgia in the 2020 Election.

Keep reading

14% of illegal immigrants in Georgia admit they are registered to vote in America’s elections

The public policy institute The Heritage Foundation recently released a bombshell video exposing information that an alarming 14 percent of non-citizens and illegal immigrants in Georgia admitted to being registered to vote in the upcoming 2024 American elections.

The organization’s Oversight Project shared footage on its account on X, formerly Twitter, on July 31 with footage from investigative journalism outlet Muckraker showing numerous so-called “noncitizens” admitting to being registered voters.

In the video, people in Georgia were asked whether they were registered to vote and whether they were citizens. Some of them confirmed they are registered to vote despite not being citizens of the United States.

“The apartment complex Elliot Norcross in Norcross, Georgia, is occupied primarily by non-citizens,” one journalist in the video stated. “We visited the complex to ask residents two questions: ‘Are you a citizen?’ and ‘Are you registered to vote?’ Shockingly, 14 percent of respondents admitted to being noncitizens registered to vote.”

In the same X thread, The Heritage Foundation reported that the Oversight Project estimates that Georgia has a noncitizen population of around 339,000. This just means that as many as 47,000 noncitizens in the state could be registered to vote. It should be noted that President Joe Biden only won the state by less than 12,000 votes during the 2020 presidential election.

It is unclear what information the illegal immigrants provided when registering to vote. The Oversight Project called on Georgia officials to look deeper into this matter and volunteered to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.

“One thing is for certain: Systems are being taken advantage of, and the outcome of the 2024 election will be difficult to determine given the near impossibility of auditing in a short period,” it warned.

Since only U.S. citizens are allowed to vote in Georgia, every Georgia voter is supposed to go through a citizenship verification process. In its 2022 audit, the Office of the Georgia Secretary of State reportedly found that 1,634 people attempted to register to vote.

“None of these individuals have cast ballots in Georgia elections,” the office claimed via a statement it released.

People with Temporary Protected Status, visa holders, legal permanent residents and those with work permits in the U.S. are not allowed to vote and will be stopped for trying to register. Attempted registration by noncitizens is a felony and is punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $100,000.

Keep reading

Floyd County Says There Are No Communication Records Of Ukrainian Police Visit To County Jail

Early in 2024, a strange video appeared in the local news showing Ukrainian police visiting the Floyd County jail in Rome, GA.

Seriously, What Are Ukrainian Police Doing In Rome, GA?

CDM/The Georgia Record has extensive experience in Ukraine. We were curious as to who set this visit up and why.

The Georgia Record submitted an open records request to Floyd County for any communications concerning the arrangement of this visit.

The response we received was approximately 40 records of gibberish. An example is posted below. To be clear, there were no records returned of email communications concerning the jail visit.

Our assessment of the records response is that Floyd County wants the public to believe there were no email communications from anyone in Floyd County arranging an international visit to the jail.

We find this curious.

Keep reading

Georgia GOP (.Inc) Hiding Their List Of RNC Delegates

The Georgia Record has received confirmed information that the Georgia GOP, Inc. is withholding their list of delegates who will attend the RNC Convention in the next few days.

This follows the GOP,Inc., through their Nominating Committee attempting to place a former Dominion Voting systems lobbyist, John Garst, on the proposed list of delegates during the State Convention.

What are they now trying to hide?

In recent days, reports of certain delegates being forced out of various delegations have surfaced. Why would the Georgia GOP,Inc. fail to provide at least a list of those who will represent Georgia’s interests during the Republican National Convention?

Keep reading

Mystery as male and female firefighter ex-high school sweethearts are found dead in car a week after vanishing

Two Georgia firefighters who were once high school sweethearts were mysteriously found dead in a car in Tennessee following a week-long search for the pair. 

Reagan Anderson and Chandler Kuhbander, both 24, vanished on June 24 from a Crunch gym parking lot, with authorities launching a multi-state search after the pair were believed to have left in Anderson’s car. 

On Sunday, their bodies were found over 450 miles away inside the vehicle, however law enforcement has not offered any details over their cause of death or the manner in which they were found. 

Kuhbander’s mother said they had dated for seven years in a ‘toxic’ relationship, and claimed that Anderson took their recent breakup badly and threatened to kill herself and was harassing her son. 

Kuhbander was last seen leaving a Crunch fitness in Savannah, Georgia, where his mother Jane said he was seen walking ‘out of the building, and he looks very comfortable, like he just had his workout.’ 

‘He doesn’t look rushed as he walks through the parking lot,’ she told WJCL. ‘After that, we don’t see him again.’ 

Kuhbander’s mother said she saw surveillance footage showing Anderson circling the gym’s parking lot several times while he was inside. 

Security footage showed him head towards his car, however Kuhbander’s mother said she believes he got into her Ford Focus ‘under duress.’ They claimed his car never left the parking garage and his family later went to retrieve it.  

It appears the couple began driving together, with Anderson last seen in surveillance footage at a gas station in South Carolina that day, at the same spot where Kuhbander’s phone last pinged off a cell tower. 

Officials have not said why the former couple were driving together or what their intended destination was. 

Keep reading

With More Registrations Than Voting Age People In The County – Why Isn’t Forsyth County Cleaning Up Their Voter Rolls?

Yesterday, Forsyth County’s Board of Elections dismissed another group of over 700 challenges. Their reason: “Lack of evidence.” To answer this claim of lack of evidence they were given a CD confirming the existence of people having moved and registered in other States. Their response? They refused to accept the CD with the evidence they say is “missing.”

WATCH THE HEARING TESTIMONY AT BOTTOM OF THIS ARTICLE.

This catch 22 has played out numerous times over the past three years, with mounting evidence driven by he efforts of dozens of Forsyth residents and others acting on information supported by members of the Georgia State Board of Elections.

Recently, Dr. Jan Johnston stated that Forsyth voters roles hold more registrations than the number of voting age residents in the County. How could this be? Proponents say its because of a failure of the members of the Board to see that the rolls are accurate and timely.

During the meeting yesterday BOE member Anita Tucker attempted to deflect the attention to the Secretary of State, stating that the County uses information from the SoS to determine changes needed in the County roles.

The challenger, Stefan Bartelski pointed out that Georgia law places the responsibility for maintaining accurate voters rolls on the County BOEs. A position further confirmed during testimony by Ryan Germany during the Federal case between Stacy Abrams Fair Fight v. True the Vote. That case was ruled in True the Vote’s favor by Federal Judge Steve Jones.

Notably, in May 2022 the very same members of the Forsyth County Board of Elections voted unanimously to dismiss over 12,000 challenges for people who the challengers said had moved out of Forsyth.

Keep reading

Fulton County Moves To Destroy 2020 Election Ballots

VoterGA.org has released a statement on Fulton County’s attempt to destroy 2020 election ballots. The press release is below:

ATLANTA, GA, JUNE 25, 2024 – Attorneys for Fulton County Georgia argued in the Fulton counterfeit ballot case yesterday that a temporary injunction to preserve the 2020 Fulton election ballots should be lifted, which would allow ballots to be destroyed before they are unsealed, copied and revealed to the public. They also argued Fulton should receive attorney fees for the case even after a Georgia Supreme Court overturned lower court decisions to confirm standing for the Plaintiffs who seek to copy and inspect the ballots.

Attorney Laura Moore argued on behalf of Fulton Superior Court Clerk Che Alexander, who was present in the courtroom, that there is no longer room in a secure warehouse cage for the ballots so they may now be destroyed. Attorney Moore withheld from the court facts that Fulton County just opened a new 60,000 sq. ft. Election Operations warehouse at nearly $30 million of initial cost and an additional $4 million annual lease for Fulton taxpayers.

Keep reading