Former CBS Reporter Says Network Seized Her Confidential Files

Former CBS reporter Catherine Herridge said on April 11 that her former employer seized some of her files, including files containing confidential information.

Ms. Herridge told a U.S. House of Representatives panel in Washington that she was informed in a Zoom call that she was being terminated.

“I was locked out of my emails, and I was locked out of the office,” she said. “CBS News seized hundreds of pages of my reporting files, including confidential source information.”

Ms. Herridge said that was not normal, describing it as “an attack on investigative journalism.” She said that the move “crossed a red line” that “should never be crossed by any media organization.” Mary Cavallaro, an official with the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists union, said she could not recall another instance in which a reporter’s files were seized.

A CBS spokesperson previously told The Epoch Times that the network had her files but had not gone through them. “We have respected her request to not go through the files, and out of our concern for confidential sources, the office she occupied has remained secure since her departure,” the spokesperson said.

Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas), chairman of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution and Limited Government, which was holding the hearing, said that CBS “took unprecedented actions” regarding her belongings.

Keep reading

Biden administration put PRESSURE on fact-checkers to change the rating on claims it was going to ban gas stoves, damning internal emails reveal

Biden administration officials put pressure on the fact-checking website Snopes to change claims that the government was going to ban gas stoves over climate change concerns.

Fox News Channel reported Thursday on internal emails unearthed in a Freedom of Information Act request by the GOP-leaning watchdog group Functional Government Initiative.

In January 2023, Snopes initially rated claims that the Biden administration was going to ban gas stoves over climate change concerns as a ‘mixture’ of fact and fiction. 

Richard Trumka Jr., a Biden-appointed member of the Consumer Product Safety Commission, had told Bloomberg News in an interview on January 9, 2023, that a gas stove ban was ‘on the table’ – setting off a firestorm of criticism. 

Behind-the-scenes, CPSC communications director Pamela Rucker Springs told White House assistant press secretary Michael Kikukawa that she had approached Snopes and asked that their fact-checking assessment be changed. 

Keep reading

NPR editor says network ‘turned a blind eye’ to Hunter Biden laptop story because ‘it could help Trump’

A veteran National Public Radio journalist slammed the left-leaning broadcaster for ignoring the Hunter Biden laptop scandal because it could have helped Donald Trump get re-elected.

Uri Berliner, an award-winning business editor and reporter at NPR, penned a lengthy essay in Bari Weiss’ online news site The Free Press in which he called out his bosses for turning the public radio broadcaster into “an openly polemical news outlet serving a niche audience.”

“The laptop was newsworthy,” Berliner wrote. “But the timeless journalistic instinct of following a hot story lead was being squelched.”

Weeks before the 2020 presidential election, The Post was the first to reveal the existence of the laptop that Hunter Biden left at a Delaware computer shop.

Keep reading

Scandal Rocks Biden’s Labor Dept For Lying About Sharing Non-Public Inflation Data With Secret Group Of Wall Street “Super Users”

A little over a month ago, a scandal erupted among the (relatively small( group of economists who keep a close eye on the monthly inflation data reported by the Biden Department of Labor, when they learned that there is an even smaller, and much more exclusive group of economists called “super users” who get preferential treatment from the BLS, including wink-wink-nudge-nudge explanations of where the data may diverge from expectations. That was the case for the January CPI when as Bloomberg first reported, the BLS sent an email to a group of data “super users”, which “explained suggested a surge in a measure of rental inflation — which left analysts puzzled — was caused by an adjustment to how subcomponents of the index are weighted”:

Once it became public knowledge that there was a super secret group of preferential “accounts” receiving economic data, immediately following the Bloomberg report, a recipient of the email said that BLS Statistics “tried to retract it and that they were told to disregard its contents.” Almost as if they were trying to hide it after the fact.

In retrospect, it appears the BLS really did have something to hide, because in a follow up from both the NYT and Bloomberg, we now learn that an economist from the Bureau of Labor Statistics was corresponding on data related the monthly CPI print with major firms like JPMorgan and BlackRock, in what Bloomberg said “raised questions about equitable access to economic information.”

Keep reading

CIA Officer Admits To Undercover Journalist That FBI Agents Attended January 6 Protest At Capitol

An official with the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) told an undercover journalist that members of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) were in attendance at the protests at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021, and also highlighted methods that intelligence agencies use to disempower political opponents.

Gavin O’Blennis, a self-proclaimed Contracting Officer for the CIA and former member of the FBI, was caught on camera by an undercover journalist with Sound Investigations as he discussed January 6. O’Blennis claimed that former President Donald Trump incited a riot before going on to say that roughly 20 undercover FBI agents were in the crowd.

“I thought you said that there were FBI agents in the crowd at J6?” the undercover journalist asked O’Blennis.

“There are, there always are when there’s a big protest in DC, just in case it gets out of hand like that,” he responded before going on to say “There wasn’t enough to turn that tide.”

“I’m talking we maybe had 20. You needed 1,000 to get rid of that crowd,” he said. “Just to go through, to observe, to see what they can hear, you know that kind of thing.” The video also shows O’Blennis affirming that the FBI didn’t want the public to know that they had agents embedded in the crowd and saying that he personally knows agents who were in attendance. “They work for the Agency now,” he said about the former FBI agents, referencing the CIA.

“Do people know that the Bureau was in the crowd?” the undercover Sound Investigations journalist asked, with O’Blennis responding, “Nope, and they probably never will.”

FBI Director Christopher Wray previously stated in a Congressional hearing concerning January 6th that he was “not sure there were undercover agents on scene,” doubling down in an answer to Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) and saying. “I do not believe that there were undercover agents on scene.”

In the video, O’Blennis went on to detail various different tactics that the intelligence community uses against those it perceives to be their political opponents.

“You can kinda put anyone in jail if you know what to do … You set ‘em up,” he remarked to the undercover journalist. “You create the situation where they have no choice but to act on their impulse, and once they act on that impulse, some would call that entrapment.”

Keep reading

DOJ Refuses to Provide House GOP Audio of Biden’s Interview With Special Counsel Hur

The Department of Justice (DOJ) says it will not provide audio tapes of President Joe Biden’s interview with Special Counsel Robert Hur, which was subpoenaed by the House GOP.

In a letter to the House Oversight Committee and House Judiciary Committee on April 8, Assistant Attorney General Carlos Felipe Uriarte lamented that despite the department cooperating with the committees’ Feb. 27 subpoenas, “the committees have responded with escalation and threats of criminal contempt.”

“We urge the committees to avoid conflict rather than seek it,” he added. “It is not too late for the committees to choose a different path, to take an offramp towards the ’spirit of dynamic compromise’ that the Constitution requires of us both.”

The “spirit of dynamic compromise” quote comes from a federal court case.

The Feb. 27 subpoena was for notes, audio files, video, and transcripts of Mr. Hur’s probe. The committees set a deadline of March 7, according to a copy of the subpoena obtained by The Epoch Times.

“Americans expect equal justice under the law and DOJ is allowing the Bidens to operate above it,” said House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) in a statement. “Special Counsel Hur’s report outlined that classified documents Joe Biden stashed for years relate to countries where his family cashed in on the Biden brand.”

Keep reading

Hogg Wild: Filings Show Leftwing Gen-Z PAC Blew More than $1M on Travel Expenses, Consultants, Spent Little on Candidates

Gun control activist David Hogg is living high on the hog thanks to the many donors cutting checks to his political action committee (PAC), Federal Election Commission (FEC) records show.

Hogg created a group in the aftermath of the 2022 midterm elections called Leaders We Deserve PAC, which states that its goal is to elect Generation Z politicians to offices throughout the country. He created the PAC with Kevin Lata, the campaign manager for Rep. Maxwell Frost (D-FL)—a Generation Z Democrat elected in 2022.

Hogg launched the group with great fanfare, telling National Public Radio (NPR) that during former President Donald Trump’s presidency, a “social movement” was born on the left.

“For every year of Trump’s presidency, I think there was a new chapter of a social movement that was born, whether it was the Women’s March, March for Our Lives, the environmental movement, or the movement for Black Lives,” Hogg said.

Hogg touted his group’s efforts to elect young Democrat candidates—promising that Leaders We Deserve PAC would provide them with the resources they needed to win races:

[We’re] trying to pick them and say, you know, we would like to help you run for office, we’ll supply you with all of the resources that you need and help basically coach you and hold your hand to get there, which is kind of the gap that’s in the space right now, for at least young people at the state legislative level.

Since Hogg’s group came into fruition, much of the few million dollars raised has gone not to electing candidates or executing its stated mission but to luxurious expenses, such as travel bills, as well as political consultants and legal fees. In fact, the group, in 2023, only spent on a handful of candidates—four to be exact—one of whom was already serving in the U.S. Congress, Frost, and another who lost a race in a special election in Alabama. The vast majority of the group’s money, the FEC filings from 2023 show, did not go to helping candidates at all—and much of it went to other political consultants at various firms as well as to Hogg and Lata, with a lavish travel budget to boot.

The year-end 2023 FEC filing from Leaders We Deserve shows that the group stated it raised slightly north of $3 million in its first year in operation. The group reported $3,035,868.87 in total receipts in 2023. That is an admirable amount of cash for a totally new PAC.

Some very high-profile donors who have given the PAC big sums include filmmaker Alexander Adell, who gave $10,000; Tusk Holdings CEO Bradley Tusk, who gave $10,000; Florida investor Gary Sugarman, who gave another $10,000; Omaha, Nebraska, wealthy donor Barbara Weitz, who gave $100,000; Chicago-based Democrat Judy Wise—who served in former President Barack Obama’s administration as an adviser on gun control and has long been a fixture on the left—who gave $25,000; Pilot House Associates Chairman Amos Hostetter, who gave $25,000; San Francisco-based venture capitalist Ronald Conway, who gave $100,000; former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, who gave $1,000; and the accuser of former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Democrat Lindsey Boylan, who gave $1,000.

The group also took in a total of $41,000 over three transfers from another PAC that Hogg is involved in called Ban Assault Weapons Now! That group, of course, was Hogg’s first major foray into the political arena and comes from the celebrity he became after he survived the shooting at Marjory Stoneham Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, in 2018.

Keep reading

FDA Not Interested In Reports Of Unusual Blood Clots In Cadavers Around The World Since Covid Pandemic

“Full Measure” host Sharyl Attkisson looks into reports of unknown blood clots being found in cadavers around the world since the COVID-19 pandemic.

“No matter what’s causing this, whether it’s the virus, the vaccine, or whether it’s Cheerios or a bad box of Cracker Jacks, something has to be farmed out what’s causing it, because it’s obviously a change in the blood,” said former Air Force major Tom Haviland.

“The FDA did offer a response to Full Measure,” reported Sharyl Attkisson. “The FDA and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) place a high priority on vaccine safety and are committed to our vaccine safety monitoring program. The FDA has not identified any safety signals for fibrous blood clots with COVID-19 vaccines.”

She added: “They also stated that since the observations were made on cadavers, it ‘falls outside of the FDA’s regulatory purview.'”

Keep reading

Hawaii liquor commissioner, 54, is forced to resign ‘after using her ID to drunkenly barge her way into nightclub before threatening to close it down after staff refused to serve her more booze’

A liquor commissioner has resigned in disgrace after drunkenly flashing her badge to get into a nightclub and threatening to shut it down.

Lisa Martin, vice-chairwoman of the Honolulu Liquor Commission, stepped down on Monday after bar staff called police when she refused to leave.

The 54-year-old arrived at Playbar Nightclub in Waikiki in the early hours of Saturday morning and used her badge to get her and a friend inside.

Bar staff quickly decided they were too drunk and confronted them, but Martin allegedly tried to use her position to intimidate them.

‘[Martin said] she will close the bar down because she can do anything she wants with the badge. She threatened to close down the bay, and I would lose my job,’ an employee told police in a report obtained by Hawaii News.

Staff took a photo of her official ID and she snapped shots of their liquor commission cards, and still refused to leave so they called police.

‘I smelled a strong odor of alcohol coming from (her)… I told her she’s not supposed to do her job drunk,’ the responding officer wrote in the report.

Martin finally left with her friend after police arrived. The report was compiled as a record of the incident and Martin was not charged with a crime.

Liquor commissioners are not supposed to inspect venues or do any other kind of field work, which is done by professional inspectors.

Martin was quickly forced to quit and Mayor Rick Blangiardi accepted her resignation letter.

‘I appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and Managing Director [Mike] Formby today regarding my sincere desire to continue serving,’ it read.

Keep reading

BLM Activist And Self-Proclaimed ‘World’s Sexiest Albino’ Stands Trial For Conning $500K Out Of Donors To Fuel Lavish Lifestyle

Maejor Page, also known as Tyree Conyers-Page, faces trial on charges of swindling donors out of $500,000 in a fundraising scheme linked to the Black Lives Matter movement.

Prosecutors allege that Page, a former actor who gained prominence as a Black Lives Matter activist, misappropriated funds raised through a GoFundMe campaign initiated under the banner of Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta.

The accusations against Page include wire fraud and two counts of money laundering, marking a serious legal ordeal for the 35-year-old, who has had minor roles in television shows like American Horror Story and Constantine. 

Investigators say Page, who claims he’s the “world’s sexiest albino,” diverted the funds for personal use, splurging on luxury items such as tailored suits, firearms, and a residence in Toledo, Ohio. Despite Page’s defense attorney’s claims that a portion of the funds was intended for charitable purposes, testimony from an FBI agent suggests otherwise.

Funds from the charity account were allegedly used to cover personal expenses, including lavish dining and retail expenditures, raising doubts about Page’s purported altruism. 

Keep reading