Canadian Govt Sued For Forceful Quarantine Of Citizens At Secret Locations

Nikki Mathis, one Canadian citizen was forcefully quarantined in Canada when she returned from the U.S.

In spite of having a negative COVID-19 report with her, Mathis was sent to a quarantine hotel and its location was not known to her.

The reason told to her was that the report didn’t meet the parameters set by Canadian authorities.

However, the situation became worse when Canadian authorities didn’t inform even her husband about her quarantine location. This step was highly criticized on online platforms.

Many other travelers claimed that this medical isolation made them feel like prisoners.

Keep reading

COVID Detainment Facilities Go From “Conspiracy Theory” to Official Govt Policy in 3 Months

“Unfortunately there is a tremendous amount of noise and harmful misinformation about [the pandemic] on the Internet,” Trudeau said. “I had to explain that as we consume increasing amounts and various sources of information on line and around us, we need to continue to be attentive to source, we need to continue to be attentive to comparing various reports and looking for trusted sources.”

“The answer is no, we’re not building containment or internment camps,” the Health Minister spokesperson said in a statement.

That was in October and, over the months, the government has moved the goal post on how travelers are treated. Now, even travelers with negative tests will be forced to quarantine at their home under government surveillance. While this is only for those engaging in international travel, as we’ve seen, the goal post moves.

“Those with negative test results will then be able to quarantine at home under significantly increased surveillance and enforcement,” Trudeau said in a press conference last week. In regards to the “increased surveillance,” this will include home visits from private covid security personnel.

“There will be increased security contractors that will do more, I would say, ‘door knocking’, to check on people who are in quarantine,” said Dr. Theresa Tam, Canada’s chief public health officer, on Friday, adding that the contractors would start in 35 Canadian cities and would expand farther in the coming weeks.

But it gets worse for those who test positive. Remember, three months ago, a positive test would mean a “voluntary” quarantine at a government facility. “Mandatory” confinement was a “conspiracy theory.” But it is not anymore.

“Those with positive tests will be immediately required to quarantine in designated government facilities to make sure they’re not carrying variants of potential concern,” Trudeau said of the new measures.

“Immediately required” does not mean “voluntarily.” It means that citizens will be forced into these facilities. Calling them “mandatory government facilities” instead of “internment camps” is a matter of semantics. Internment is defined as the state of being confined as a prisoner, especially for political or military reasons. Does that not sound like what Trudeau said in the statement above? See the shift in policy happen in the video below.

Indeed, according to the government’s own website, violators will be imprisoned.

Violating any instructions provided to you when you entered Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to up to:

  • 6 months in prison and/or
  • $750,000 in fines

If you break your mandatory quarantine or isolation requirements and you cause the death or serious bodily harm to another person, you could face:

  • a fine of up to $1,000,000 or
  • imprisonment of up to 3 years or
  • both

The Contraventions Act provides police (including RCMP, provincial and local police) more power to enforce the Contraventions Act. They can now issue tickets to people who do not comply with the Act. Fines range from $275 to $1000.

Keep reading

Montreal woman says officer insisted on searching her lunch bag during curfew stop

Sarah Vresk was heading to work at around 4 a.m. Tuesday when she was stopped near her home by Montreal police and asked to prove she had the right to be on the road during curfew.

“I got my letter out of my glove compartment and he asked for my ID. I gave him that,” said Vresk. “He then asked me what was in my bag.”

Vresk demanded to know why that mattered, and why she wasn’t free to go after showing a letter from her employer stating she works for a snow-removal contractor and needs to be on the job during curfew.

The officer questioned the validity of that letter, saying it’s just a piece of paper, and threatened to give her a ticket anyway, Vresk said. The officer accused her of delaying detainment by not co-operating and showing the bag’s contents.

Vresk finally gave into the officer’s demands, allowing him to inspect her lunch bag.

The officer then returned to his cruiser to check her credentials while his partner took over questioning. Finally, Vresk was let go without a ticket.

Keep reading

Pre-departure COVID-19 testing and negative results for air travellers coming to Canada

On December 31, 2020, the Minister of Transport, the Honourable Marc Garneau, under the authority of the Aeronautics Act, is requiring effective January 7, all passengers five years of age or older, be required to test negative for COVID-19 before travelling by air from another country to Canada.

Documentation of a negative laboratory test result must be presented to the airline prior to coming to Canada. The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction (or PCR) test within 72 hours prior to boarding a flight to Canada.

All travellers will have their quarantine plans reviewed by a government official and, if not suitable, will be asked to quarantine in a federal quarantine facility.

Travellers to Canada must use ArriveCAN and provide accurate contact information and their mandatory 14-day quarantine plan on or before entry.

The government has taken action to increase surveillance and enforcement of these mandatory quarantine restrictions. 

Violating any instructions provided when you enter Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act and could lead to up to six months in prison and/or $750,000 in fines.

Keep reading

Those who don’t get COVID-19 vaccine could face restrictions, Ontario officials say

Ontario’s health minister says getting a coronavirus vaccine won’t be mandatory, but those who don’t receive a shot could face restrictions.

Christine Elliott made the remarks during an update on the province’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution plans on Monday.

“We can’t force anybody to take the vaccine but I agree with the premier — we really encourage everyone who is able to, to have the vaccination,” Elliott said.

“There may be some restrictions in terms of travel or other restrictions that may arise as a result of not having a vaccination, but that’s going to be up to the person themselves to make that decision on the basis of what’s most important to them. But we do wish everyone to receive the vaccination.”

Keep reading

Facing another retirement home lockdown, 90-year-old chooses medically assisted death

Across Canada, long-term care homes and retirement homes are seeing rising cases of COVID-19 and deaths yet again, a worrisome trend that is leading to more restrictions for the residents.

But these lockdowns are taking another toll among those who don’t get COVID-19.

Residents eat meals in their rooms, have activities and social gatherings cancelled, family visits curtailed or eliminated. Sometimes they are in isolation in their small rooms for days. These measures, aimed at saving lives, can sometimes be detrimental enough to the overall health of residents that they find themselves looking into other options.

Russell, described by her family as exceptionally social and spry, was one such person. Her family says she chose a medically-assisted death (MAID) after she declined so sharply during lockdown that she didn’t want to go through more isolation this winter.

Keep reading

Manitoba bans in-store sales of non-essential items, visitors to homes with some exceptions

Manitoba is clamping down harder on private gatherings and businesses selling non-essential items in an effort to slow the alarming rise in new coronavirus infections in the province.

New COVID-19 public health orders will forbid people from having anyone inside their home who doesn’t live there, with few exceptions, and prohibit businesses from selling non-essential items in stores.

Previous orders that came into effect last week allowed gatherings at private residences of up to five people beyond those who normally live there, although Chief Provincial Public Health Officer Dr. Brent Roussin and others pleaded with Manitobans to stay home and only go out for essential items.

“Despite that, we saw people gathering at rallies, we saw crowded parking lots at big box stores, we saw people continue to go out for non-essential items,” Roussin said at a news conference Thursday.

“So we’re left with no choice but to announced further measures to protect Manitobans, to limit the spread of this virus.”

Keep reading

Canadian military wants to establish new organization to use propaganda, other techniques to influence Canadians

The Canadian Forces wants to establish a new organization that will use propaganda and other techniques to try to influence the attitudes, beliefs and behaviours of Canadians, according to documents obtained by this newspaper.

The plan comes on the heels of the Canadian Forces spending more than $1 million to train public affairs officers on behaviour modification techniques of the same sort used by the parent firm of Cambridge Analytica, as well as a controversial and bizarre propaganda training mission in which the military forged letters from the Nova Scotia government to warn the public that wolves were wandering in the province.

The new Defence Strategic Communication group will advance “national interests by using defence activities to influence the attitudes, beliefs and behaviours of audiences,” according to the document dated October 2020. Target audiences for such an initiative would be the Canadian public as well as foreign populations in countries where military forces are sent.

The document is the end result of what Chief of the Defence Staff Gen. Jon Vance has called the “weaponization” of the military’s public affairs branch. The document is in a draft form, but work is already underway on some aspects of the plan and some techniques have been already tested on the Canadian public.

Keep reading

Quebec City Says It Will Isolate “Uncooperative” Citizens In Secret Corona Facility

During a press conference, Dr. Jacques Girard, who heads the Quebec City public health authority, drew attention to a case where patrons at a bar were ordered to wait until their COVID-19 tests came back, but disregarded the command and left the premises before the results came back positive.

This led to them being deemed “uncooperative” and forcibly interned in a quarantine facility.

“[W]e may isolate someone for 14 days,” Girard said during the press conference. “And it is what we did this morning…forced a person to cooperate with the investigation…and police cooperation was exceptional.”

Keep reading