Former Canadian Embassy Worker Arrested In Haiti Assassination Worked For Sean Penn Relief Org

The assassination of Hatian president Jovenel Moïse has taken yet another strange twist, after ABC News reports that a Florida man arrested in connection with the hit formerly worked in Canada’s Embassy in Haiti, and also worked for a Hatian Relief Organization founded by suspected spooky actor Sean Penn following a 7.0 earthquake in 2010 that killed over 300,000 people.

James Solages, a 35-year-old Haitian-born resident of Miami, is one of 28 suspects accused by the Haitian government of participating in the deadly July 7 ambush attack that killed Moïse.

Solages, along with 55-year-old Joseph Vincent (also of Miami), claim they thought they were acting as interpreters ‘for an authorized operation to arrest the Haitian president’ by a group of Columbians, who told them Moïse was going to be arrested, not killed, according to the Washington Post.

According to NBC NewsSolages worked as a bodyguard at Canada’s Embassy in Port-au-Prince, however relatives say he has no formal military training. Canada, of course, is adding as much distance as possible (via the Florida Sun-Sentinel):

Solages is also the president of a nonprofit organization with an office in North Lauderdale. FWA SA A JACMEL AVAN, which is Creole for “This Time Jacmel First,” has a mission of “rebuilding Haiti,” according to its website. The website as well as its Facebook page — both which were working Thursday — were no longer accessible Friday.

The website on Thursday said Solages claimed to be the chief commander of bodyguards for the Canadian Embassy in Haiti. However multiple news outlets are reporting that Canada’s foreign relation department said one of the men detained in the assassination (it did not name Solages) had been employed only briefly as a reserve bodyguard at its embassy by a private contractor.

Meanwhile, Solages worked as a driver and in a security capacity for Sean Penn’s J/P Haitian Relief Organization according to two sources.

Keep reading

Canada: Liberals Propose ‘Hate Speech’ Bill with $50,000 Fine, 1 Year Jail

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government proposed legislation on Wednesday, Bill C-36, that is aimed at combating “hate speech” and “hate propaganda.”

Bill C-36 will “better protect Canadians from hate speech and online harms,” according to a news release from the federal government. The statement includes 33 mentions of the word “hate.”

The bill’s summary includes a proposed legal definition of “hatred” to be included in Canada’s Criminal Code. It defines “hatred” as “the emotion that involves detestation or vilification and that is stronger than dislike or disdain … For greater certainty, the communication of a statement does not incite or promote hatred, for the purposes of this section, solely because it discredits, humiliates, hurts or offends.”

The bill’s text does not specify if or how non-verbal messages such as images or videos would be regulated to control “hate.”

Under a section titled “Fear of hate propaganda offence of hate crime,” Bill C-36 would allow provincial court judges to impose restrictions on those accused by an “informant” of a likely future commission of an offence “on reasonable grounds.” In other words, a judge would be able to issue restrictions against accused parties if the judge believes the accused is likely to commit an offense related to “hate.”

Keep reading

Doctor fired from University of Saskatchewan after posting online statement asking for “informed consent” on vaccines

Dr. Francis Christian was fired from his position at the University of Saskatchewan and is being investigated by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan for an online statement calling for informed consent when it comes to vaccines.

Dr. Christian has been a surgeon for over 20 years. In 2018, he was appointed to the position of Director of Surgical Humanities Program and Director of Quality and Patient Safety at the University of Saskatchewan. He also co-founded the Surgical Humanities Program and is an editor of the Journal of The Surgical Humanities.

On June 23, Dr. Christian was suspended from all teaching responsibilities, and will no longer be an employee of the University of Saskatchewan from September 2021. The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan is also investigating him after receiving a complaint about a statement he released last week.

In a statement to over 200 doctors, released on June 17, Dr. Christian recommended informed consent when administering COVID-19 vaccines to children. The statement made it clear that he is pro-vaccine, does not represent any group, the University of Saskatchewan, or the Saskatchewan Health Authority.

Keep reading

Gov’t helicopter discovers ‘unauthorized’ church service, pastor put in handcuffs

The moment that local governments in the Western world began to issue guidance or full-on mandates for religious gatherings in the early days of the pandemic, many were concerned that society had stepped onto a slippery slope.

Fast-forward 15 months later, and we’re seeing pastors arrested in front of their children after their “underground” church services were discovered by a police helicopter.

This is the stuff of tyranny and totalitarianism, not Western-style democracy. Yet here we are.

This week, Pastor Tim Stephens of Fairview Baptist Church was arrested outside his home as his distressed children cried, all for holding a church service discovered the day before by a police helicopter.

Keep reading

Canadian Government Lures Children With Ice Cream To Take COVID Vaccine Without Parental Consent

The Ontario government is enticing children with promises of free ice cream to get the experimental COVID-19 shot without parental consent.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Ontario’s University of Health Network is teaming up with community organizers to deliver Pfizer vaccines to children at a pop-up vaccine event at the Nathan Phillips Square this Sunday — and children are encouraged to do so even without their parents’ permission.

“Holiday news: our pop-up vaccine team is coming to Nathan Phillips Square for 12+ year olds this Sunday,” announced Harvard scientist Andrew Baback Boozary on Friday. “Social medicine kicker: free ice cream with the vaccine.”

Ontario’s provincial Health Care Consent Act states there is no minimum age to provide consent for vaccination and a child does not need external permission to receive one.

Keep reading

Police Warn Parents That Child Services Could Be Called If Kids Play At Park In Violation Of Lockdown Order

The province of Ontario is currently in its fourth week of a six-week lockdown to “slow the spread” 15 months into 15 days to “slow the spread” and residents are getting quite restless. This was especially true a couple of weeks ago when there was some unusually beautiful weather in large swaths of the province.

On Sunday, April 18, two days after the provincial government issued a “Stay-At-Home” order, Tiffany Kotzma took her daughter to Havelock Community Center Park to play outside in the fresh air and sunshine. She wasn’t the only one there — several other adults and 11 other children also at the park. It wasn’t organized, it was just a small group of kids and parents who decided to enjoy the beautiful day.

The April 16 order banned all outdoor social gatherings and organized public events, except for members of the same household, or an individual who lives alone creating a “social bubble” with one other household.

The same order gave police additional powers to stop people who were outside of their home and ask for their name and home address and give a reason for why they weren’t in their home. Many police forces almost immediately refused to enforce the new order, but one police force did — the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP).

Well, the gathering of a dozen children and nine adults at an outdoor park was enough to get a visit from a couple of Peterborough County OPP officers because of the prohibited “social gathering” that was being held…outdoors. At a park.

As weird as that is, it was what one of the officers said that was absolutely stunning — that law enforcement had been asked to contact the Children’s Aid Society (CAS), which is the Canadian version of Child Protective Services, in “situations like this.”

Keep reading

People who hold parties that lead to COVID-19 deaths could face manslaughter charges

People who break health rules by holding parties that lead to death from COVID-19 should heed the warning from a British Columbia judge about facing a manslaughter charge, legal experts say.

Lisa Dufraimont of York University’s Osgoode Hall law school said manslaughter charges stem from an unlawful act that causes death and a foreseeable activity that could cause bodily harm.

“And if in fact it does cause someone’s death, as the judge said, then that could amount to manslaughter,” Prof. Dufraimont said in an interview Thursday. “The judge is right about that.”

Provincial Justice Ellen Gordon chastised Mohammad Movassaghi this week as she sentenced him to one day in jail, a $5,000 fine and 18 months of probation. He had previously pleaded guilty to disobeying a court order, failing to comply with a health officer’s order and unlawfully purchasing grain alcohol.

The court heard he held a party for 78 people in a 1,780-square-foot penthouse condominium that police described as a makeshift nightclub.

Justice Gordon called the event “a crime, not a party,” adding that it was something attended by people “foolish enough” to put their own and their grandmothers’ health at risk.

Keep reading

CBC features author who writes about blowing up and gassing white people during ‘race war’

During this program, an excerpt from his book was read where he considered what his actions would be in a race war.

“When this race war hits its crescendo. I’ll gather you all into a beautifully decorated room under the pretense of unity. I’ll give a speech to civility and all the good times we share; I’ll smile as we raise glasses to your good, white health, while the detonator blinks under the table, knowing the exits are locked and the air vents filled with gas.”

After the host read this passage aloud, she responded by saying: “I mean that’s… I’m a Jewish person, and my grandparents survived the holocaust. I can’t tell you how it felt to read that sentiment, and I wanted to say to you that I’m so sorry that your experience of the world made you feel that way.”

Q is the highest-rated show in its time slot in CBC history and is known for generating a younger audience. Q was hosted by Jian Ghomeshi until he was accused of sexual misconduct in 2014.

Keep reading

Questions Surround Canadian Shipment of Deadly Viruses to China

Canada’s National Microbiology Laboratory shipped Ebola and Henipah viruses to Beijing on March 31, raising suspicions from experts in biochemical warfare, who say they think China may use the pathogens to develop offensive biological agents. 

The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) report that the incident has not introduced any known risk to public health, according to the Winnipeg Free Press

The same lab is the focus of an ongoing investigation by the RCMP. The inquiry began following the recent dismissal of the head of the National Microbiology Laboratory’s (NML) Vaccine Development and Antiviral Therapies section in the Special Pathogens Program, virologist Xiangguo Qiu. Qiu, her colleague and husband Keding Cheng, and a number of her international students lost security clearance to their lab on July 5.  

In 2018, Govenor General Julie Payette presented Qiu with an innovation award for her helping to lead the development of the Ebola vaccine ZMapp, according to the Winnipeg Free Press. There are no reports as to whether she was involved in the March shipment.

Ebola and Henipah viruses—classified as Category A and C bioterrorism agents by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, respectively—pose a threat to national security because of their potential to be easily disseminated, cause high morbidity and mortality rates, and deliver lasting blows to public health. They are also categorized as Risk Group 4 pathogens, meaning they can only be handled in a lab with the highest level of biosafety control, according to CBC News.    

Keep reading

Canada’s Heritage Minister says internet censorship bill is imminent

Canada’s Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault, a Liberal Party member, said a new internet censorship bill will be tabled within two weeks. To Liberals, the bill will protect Canadians from online abuse – but to those concerned about freedom and civil liberties, it is a law that will have a chilling effect on free speech.

We previously reported details about its inception here.

“My job is to ensure the safety and security of the Canadian population. That’s what I am here for,” said Guilbeault.

He reiterated his previous remarks that the bill would help limit hurtful content online, beyond the current hate speech laws outlined in the Criminal Code. However, he did not provide examples of the hurtful content to be outlawed in the new bill, Blacklock’s Reporter stated.

Keep reading