Canada’s indigenous health expert Carrie Bourassa loses job when ancestry claims prove false

A Canadian medical researcher who rose to become the nation’s top voice on indigenous health has been ousted from her government job and her university professorship — after suspicious colleagues investigated her increasingly fanciful claims of Native American heritage and learned she was a fraud.

Carrie Bourassa, a public health expert who served as scientific director of the Canadian Institutes of Health Research’s Institute of Indigenous Peoples’ Health, was suspended on Nov. 1, five days after the state-owned Canadian Broadcasting Corporation published a lengthy expose on her background.

Far from being a member of the Métis nation, as she had long claimed, a laborious trace of Bourassa’s family tree revealed that her supposedly indigenous ancestors were in fact immigrant farmers who hailed from Russia, Poland, and Czechoslovakia.

Keep reading

Trudeau Bans Unvaccinated From Travel, Leaving the Country, And Earning A Living

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced this week that starting Oct. 30th any citizen wishing to board a plane, train, or cruise in or out of Canada will be required to show a ‘vaccination passport’ proving they received the COIVID-19 shot in order to move freely, USSA News reported.

While the draconian mandate has a temporary clause allowing the alternative of showing proof of a negative COVID-19 test, it is set to expire a month later.

Trudeau announced the measure, suggesting that those who took the shot have ‘deserve their freedom back.’

“This is about keeping people safe on the job and in our communities,” Trudeau declared. “If you’ve done the right thing and gotten vaccinated, you deserve the freedom to be safe from COVID-19, to have your kids safe from COVID, to get back to the things you love.”

The Canadian Prime Minister’s recent announcement is one of his strictest rules implemented thus far, essentially forcing any citizen who does not comply to become an absolute societal outcast. Many have pushed back on the stated mandates and suggest that they are an attack on human dignity.

Keep reading

Military leaders saw pandemic as unique opportunity to test propaganda techniques on Canadians, Forces report says

Canadian military leaders saw the pandemic as a unique opportunity to test out propaganda techniques on an unsuspecting public, a newly released Canadian Forces report concludes.

The federal government never asked for the so-called information operations campaign, nor did cabinet authorize the initiative developed during the COVID-19 pandemic by the Canadian Joint Operations Command, then headed by Lt.-Gen. Mike Rouleau.

But military commanders believed they didn’t need to get approval from higher authorities to develop and proceed with their plan, retired Maj.-Gen. Daniel Gosselin, who was brought in to investigate the scheme, concluded in his report.

The propaganda plan was developed and put in place in April 2020 even though the Canadian Forces had already acknowledged that “information operations and targeting policies and doctrines are aimed at adversaries and have a limited application in a domestic concept.”

Keep reading

Book burning at Ontario francophone schools as ‘gesture of reconciliation’ denounced

A book burning held by an Ontario francophone school board as an act of reconciliation with Indigenous people has received sharp condemnation from Canadian political leaders and the board itself now says it regrets its symbolic gesture.

The “flame purification” ceremony, first reported by Radio Canada , was held in 2019 by the Conseil scolaire catholique Providence, which oversees elementary and secondary schools in southwestern Ontario. Some 30 books, the national broadcaster reported, were burned for “educational purposes” and then the ashes were used as fertilizer to plant a tree.

“We bury the ashes of racism, discrimination and stereotypes in the hope that we will grow up in an inclusive country where all can live in prosperity and security,” says a video prepared for students about the book burning, Radio Canada reported.

In total, more than 4,700 books were removed from library shelves at 30 schools across the school board, and they have since been destroyed or are in the process of being recycled, Radio Canada reported.

Keep reading

293 million Covid vaccine doses ordered for Canadians – enough for nearly eight shots per year for everyone

Not eight months after Covid-19 vaccines made their debut, hailed as a “miracle of science” and the “end of the pandemic,” it now looks like there will no end to the vaccines.  

Remember when it was so important for people to get their second dose? Well now, just months later, it’s a third dose. Soon it will be so important for people to roll up their sleeve for their booster shot – for the sake of everyone’s health, of course. But no one really believes it ends with a single booster, do they? 

Vaccine-maker Moderna sure doesn’t; it announced this week that it has inked a contract with the government of Canada to supply 20 million doses of its experimental mRNA shot (with an extra 15 million doses thrown in if required) for each of 2022, 2023 and 2024. Not a bad deal for your first product ever to market — and a drug that’s still in clinical trials to boot.  

Especially since Moderna has some problems with the safety of its novel platform mRNA vaccine. Former New York Times writer Alex Berenson reported recently that over just three months after the launch of its novel Covid vaccine, Moderna received 300,000 reports of vaccination side effects, according to an internal report from a company that helps Moderna manage the reports. This is much higher than the numbers reported on the official government vaccine adverse event reporting system that Moderna is required by law to report side effects to. 

This week, it was reported that U.S. health officials are reviewing reports that Moderna’s vaccine may be linked to a higher risk of myocarditis – an inflammatory heart condition — in younger adults than previously thought. 

Heart inflammation was detected in one data set at a rate of 12.6 per million in 12-to 39-year-olds who got Moderna shots. That’s 12 times higher than the “one in a million” people are told to expect for vaccine adverse events – and it’s just one unexpected life-threatening side effects that has emerged in recent months.  

Never mind. There’s 105 million doses of Moderna vaccine coming for an entire population of 37 million men, women, and children, including babies. Roll up your sleeves, Canada! 

But that’s just the start. Remember way back four weeks ago when the mainstream media echo chamber was asking (as if they didn’t know the answer), if we would need an extra vaccine dose? That’s when the FDA pushed Pfizer back on its booster like a coquettish teenager and said its third dose wasn’t necessary — just yet anyway. Then it rushed headlong into the affair just weeks later. Just weeks after that, the FDA had an Emergency Use Authorization contract in hand and Pfizer had the go-ahead to start doling out its boosters in the United States in September. 

Everyone knew the FDA’s pushback was a false show of refusal, didn’t they? Someone in the government of Canada sure did. Way back in April, even before Anthony Fauci began warming Americans up to the idea of booster shots, long before the whole Pfizer-FDA tango, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced at a press conference that his government had secured 35 million Pfizer booster shots for 2022 and another 33 million doses for 2023.  

The deal had options to add 30 million doses in both ‘22 and ‘23, and an option for 60 million doses in ‘24, he told reporters. 

That’s 188 million Pfizer shots. Added to Moderna’s supply that’s 293 million vaccine doses — enough injections to shoot every Canadian nearly eight times over in just three years. Do you think they might have a few booster shots a year in mind? Or are the extras for Canadian cats, perhaps? 

Keep reading

Military and Commercial Pilots Report Strange UFO Sighting Over Canada

In an intriguing case out of Canada, pilots from both a military and a commercial aircraft reported seeing a strange green UFO in the night sky. The puzzling dual-witness event occurred at around 2 AM on July 31st and was made public in an incident report issued this week by the Canadian Civil Aviation Authority. The department indicated that the sighting unfolded over the Gulf of Saint Lawrence as a military transport aircraft was flying from Ontario to Germany and a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines passenger jet was en route from Boston to Amsterdam. The normally routine flights took an unexpected turn when the pilots of the two separate planes noticed that they had some strange company as they passed through the area.

The incident report states that they each told air traffic controllers that they had spotted “a bright green flying object” that “flew into a cloud, then disappeared.” Alas, that brief description of the sighting is all that was officially revealed by the Canadian Civil Aviation Authority, which ultimately classified it as an enigmatic ‘other,’ meaning it could have been a “weather balloon, meteor, rocket, UFO.” Although the report also states that there was “no impact to operations,” aviation researcher Steffan Watkins looked into the incident and found a rather surprising detail that goes unmentioned in the official report.

Keep reading

American Couple Fined $50,000 For Traveling To Canada With Fake Vaccination Documents

Canada has for more than the past year become known as having arguably the most stringent and far-reaching travel screening and lockdown/quarantine polices of any country. For example the US-Canada border is still closed, but is set to open August 9th – only for the fully vaccinated

Throughout what’s essentially been more or less a ‘permanent’ state of lockdown since the start of the pandemic, even Canadians re-entering the country from outside have had to quarantine for at least two weeks if they can’t show proof of vaccination. This policy has been in effect in other countries as well, especially in Europe, which has perhaps made it inevitable that foreign travelers have sought to find ways around the restrictions. Authorities have worried about fake vaccination certificates popping up globally as the concept of ‘COVID passports’ has remained under discussion and is already fast becoming a reality at least in practice.

One particular recent instance being reported this week included a pair of American travelers busted by the Canadian government for what were described as fake COVID-19 vaccination documents, apparently in their bid to avoid quarantine measures and successfully enter the country.

They were reportedly fined 20,000 Canadian dollars each – or about $25,000 USD – after getting caught with the fakes. In total the pair will pay a whopping $50,000 fine.

“The unnamed travelers arrived from the U.S. in Canada the week of July 18. Officials from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) fined each traveler four times for a total of 19,720 CAD per traveler” Fox details.

Official protocol required that they also show a negative COVID test before boarding the inbound plane, after which travelers are required to be confined in a government-approved hotel for three days at the end of which they have to test negative again. All of this is at the traveler’s expense of course.

In this latest falsified documents case, the American pair even had fake negative tests:

The fake documents consisted of proof of vaccinations and pre-departure tests; officials also cited the pair for “non-compliance” with government requirements for accommodation and on-arrival testing, according to a PHAC press release

Keep reading

Trudeau government proposes commission to regulate “harmful online content”

If the Trudeau Liberals are re-elected in the upcoming election, major online platforms will be subject to regulation by a new government commission.

During a technical briefing on Thursday morning, government officials proposed the creation of a digital safety commission that will have the power to regulate “harmful online content.” 

The government’s proposal will create a new legal category that specifically targets Online Communication Service Providers (OCSPs) like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and Instagram. These OCSPs will be under the authority of the digital safety commission. 

The government also lists the pornographic website Pornhub as an OCSP they plan to target. 

The five categories of “harmful online content” covered under the proposed new powers will draw on offences defined under the Criminal Code: hate speech, child sexual exploitation content, non-consensual sharing of intimate images, incitement to violence, and terrorist content.

Keep reading

You’ve Been Warned: Western Table Manners Are Now Racist

Heads up, everyone! There are new rules again, so I want everyone paying attention. Eating your food the way you’ve been taught to with forks and knives (because this is the West and it’s what we do) is racist and it hurts people who are still upset about colonization from hundreds of years ago. Writing in “Today’s Parent,” Joshana Maharaj is outraged, I tell you, just outraged that some teacher somewhere in Canada told a little girl not to eat rice with her hands.

This prompted her to write about learning how to eat around the world, where using hands is acceptable and how the West is just racist by using utensils, or something.

Recently, I chatted with someone who told me a story about her young niece, who goes to a prestigious preschool and was eating rice with her hands at lunchtime. The feedback her parents received was that this child needed to work on her table manners and use proper cutlery to eat. I immediately felt a rush of anger bubble up inside me when I heard this. The message that eating food with your hands is an unmannered way to eat is a real problem for me because it is dripping with the control and shame of colonization, which is particularly dangerous in an educational context. Suggesting that a child who eats with her hands has no manners is an echo of European colonial powers looking to tame the wildness out of the people they controlled. These European table manners were imposed on conquered people in an attempt to “civilize” them. It’s a damaging message about right and wrong ways to do things. It positions the technique as superior and the people who practise it as setters of the standard, leaving those with a different approach to eating with a status of inferiority. The idea of a single standard of acceptable table manners is just one of a host of strategies used to grow and promote racism. It’s a subtle message but one that is reinforced three times a day, every day, which makes it quite powerful.

Oh for crying out loud! For the most part in her essay, she explains that certain manners are for certain foods: chopsticks for sushi, and hands for naan, which makes sense and we do that in my house. But if you’re in a Western prep school, you need to use the table manners of the West. It’s not racist. It’s giving respect to the culture you’re in. You’re not in China. We eat rice with forks here in the West. If you are in China, then you probably want to put the fork down. I don’t think this has anything to do with colonialism, but with respecting the culture you’re in. “Recognizing diversity in cultural backgrounds and food traditions is essential, especially in a country as multicultural as Canada,” wrote Maharaj, totally unironically.

Keep reading

Canada’s Heritage Minister says free speech online ‘undermines democracy’

Offensive remarks on social media are legal, but Canada’s Heritage Minister Steven Guilbeault says they “undermine democracy.”
The government is promoting the internet censorship bill C-36, which seeks to obligate social media platforms to mass censor.

In a briefing, reviewed by Blacklock’s Reporter, the Heritage Ministry argued for censorship of offensive Twitter messages because he says they prevent “a truly democratic debate.”

“This content steals and damages lives,” the briefing read. “It intimidates and obscures valuable voices, preventing a truly democratic debate.”

In late June, the cabinet introduced Bill C-36, which threatens social media users with house arrests and fines of up to $50,000 for sharing content that promotes “detestation or vilification.”

“Our objective is to ensure more accountability and transparency from online platforms while respecting the Canadian Charter Of Rights And Freedoms,” said the June 16 briefing note.

Keep reading