GOP-Controlled Senate Committee Warns DC That Marijuana Is Federally Illegal, With ‘Enhanced Penalties’ For Sales Near Schools

GOP members of a powerful Senate committee are issuing a reminder that marijuana remains illegal under federal law and that the sale of cannabis near public schools and playgrounds can carry “enhanced penalties”—an issue they are specifically highlighting in relation to the location of dispensaries in Washington, D.C.

The Republican majority in the Senate Appropriations Committee released the text of a Financial Services and General Government (FSGG) spending bill and an attached report on Tuesday. As expected, the legislation itself retains a rider long championed by Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD) barring D.C. from using its tax dollars to legalize and regulate recreational marijuana sales, despite voters approving a ballot initiative to allow possession and home cultivation more than a decade ago.

In the report, a section on funding for “emergency planning and security costs” associated with the federal government’s presence in the District includes additional language related to cannabis enforcement and zoning issues.

Here’s the text of that section:

Marijuana Dispensary Proximity to Schools—The Committee reminds the District that the distribution, manufacturing, and sale of marijuana remains illegal under Federal law, which includes enhanced penalties for such distribution within one thousand feet of a public or private elementary, vocational, or secondary school or public or private college, junior college, or university, or a playground, among other real property where children frequent.”

The report language is being released months after anti-marijuana organizations formally narced on several locally licensed cannabis businesses in D.C.—sending a letter to President Donald Trump, the U.S. attorney general and a federal prosecutor that identifies dispensaries they allege are too close to schools despite approval from District officials.

The groups said that while they were “pleased” to see former interim U.S. Attorney Ed Martin “take initial steps against one of the worst offenders” by threatening a locally licensed medical marijuana dispensary with criminal prosecution back in March, “we have not seen any public progress since then.”

Martin, for his part, has since been tapped by Trump to serve as U.S. pardon attorney.

Meanwhile, the underlying FSGG spending bill put forward by the committee’s GOP majority would continue to prohibit D.C. from creating a regulated, commercial cannabis market.

Keep reading

Rep. Massie Still Investigating Jan. 6 Provocateur Ray Epps

Remember Ray Epps, the J6er who encouraged others to go into the Capitol and committed violence against police officers, only to receive a year of probation for his crimes?

Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., hasn’t forgotten. Massie announced on Friday that he wrote a letter to the FBI about Epps last month, seeking answers about its investigation into him.

Massie asked why the FBI initially closed its investigation into Epps by July 2021, despite having an abundance of evidence about him.

According to FBI records, agents had “photographic/and or video evidence that James Ray Epps conspired to and/or recruited others to storm the United States Capitol Building.”

However, a July 29, 2021, FBI report said that its “investigation did not reveal sufficient evidence that Epps … engaged in acts of violence or committed any other criminal violations.” That’s despite the fact that video had already surfaced showing him pushing a sign into a group of police officers, and that Epps had admitted to trespassing on Capitol grounds.

The Justice Department apparently reopened the Epps case after Massie, Revolver News and other conservatives began to question whether he was being protected by government. The DOJ eventually slapped him with a lone misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct, and he received one year of probation in January 2024.

This disparate treatment is particularly troubling when contrasted with the cases of most January 6 defendants,” Massie said in his recent letter to FBI Director Kashyap Patel. “Moreover, it raises the broader question of whether other defendants were similarly spared prosecution under comparable circumstances.”

Keep reading

The Flood Of Stunning New Evidence That J6 Was A Fedsurrection Can’t Be Ignored

Like many of you, after the initial shock wore off, it became quite clear that something nefarious was behind the Jan. 6, 2021, breach of the Capitol Complex. Things were too pat. Narratives were set and eagerly parroted by the media within hours. Buses filled with non-MAGA people were reported and verified by congressional reps. And there were “bombs” found at the Democratic National Committee and later at a club near the RNC. Impeachment talk was openly discussed. 

Suddenly, questioning the obviously hinky 2020 election was a criminal act against democracy. Trump must go to jail, the left said. And then they went about making that happen. A Hollywood producer soon was under contract to produce Congress’s January 6, The Movie! where no exculpatory information was allowed. 

The word “insurrection” became quickly affixed to all news stories, though no one knew what really happened. President Donald Trump’s slow response in urging people to go home was seen as an admission of something nefarious. And his words spoken at the Ellipse were clipped, taken out of context, and all exculpatory words he spoke were mysteriously left out of the discussion. 

And the fix is still in. On Sunday, two executives at the BBC resigned in disgrace after the popular British news program Panorama was caught making egregious edits in Trump’s speech to make him sound like he was encouraging a run on the Capitol Building. 

Keep reading

The Pipe Bomber’s Actions Were Necessary to Enable Speaker Pelosi to Certify the 2020 Election for Joe Biden

It turns out that the pipe bomber on Jan 6 was not a man, as had been assumed for more than four years.  Reports over the past 48 hours claim that the pipe bomber was a Capitol policewoman by the name of Shauni Rae Kerkhoff.  This comes after more than four years of not knowing who the pipe bomber was.

It appears that the FBI and Capitol Police were not interested in identifying the person who planted pipe bombs on the evening of January 5th near the RNC and DNC buildings in DC. Is this because the pipe bomber was one of them, and if it were found out that the Capitol Police were involved with the pipe bombs found on Jan 6, Americans would be outraged with the news?

Perhaps an even bigger reason to cover up the identity of the pipe bomber is that the planting of pipe bombs at the Capitol on the eve of Jan 6 was necessary to ensure the certification of the 2020 election for Joe Biden. 

Keep reading

J6 Shocker: FBI informants warned of armed violence, Antifa presence before riot, lawmaker reveals

Numerous confidential informants alerted the FBI prior to the Jan. 6, 2021 riot that there was the strong possibility of “armed” conflict at the U.S. Capitol, but that intelligence was not disbursed aggressively enough to force a change in security that fateful day, the first congressman to review those source reports tells Just the News.

Rep. Barry Loudermilk, R-Ga., the chairman of the House Judiciary subcommittee investigating Jan. 6 law enforcement failures, said he was floored to see the specificity of threats and the consistency in warnings that multiple confidential human sources provided the FBI and that the intelligence was serious enough that it should have prompted more security and possibly even a cancellation of President Donald Trump’s speech that day on the Ellipse. 

Loudermilk said the intelligence reports came weeks and days in advance of the Capitol riot from about two dozen informants embedded in radical groups around the country and that many of those informants came to the Capitol to keep assisting the FBI.

“I was surprised that we found this significant intelligence that was derived from these people embedded in these organizations,” he said Friday night in an expansive interview on the “Just the News, No Noise” television show. “There is no way that at least the Washington Field Office or the FBI headquarters was not aware that there were elements, not the entire crowd. There were elements of people coming to Washington, DC with the intent of attacking the Capitol of the United States.”

The Georgia lawmaker credited current FBI Director Kash Patel and Attorney General Pam Bondi for giving him access to the intelligence reports of the informants and said that it opened a whole new avenue of inquiry into whether some elements inside the FBI withheld intelligence that could have helped Capitol Police better prepare or repel the violence that occurred that day.

“We’re really having a hard time finding really any tangible reports that were sent to the Capitol Police or other agencies. And so my question is, what did they know? When did they know it, and what did they do with the information?” he said.

“I can tell you unequivocally, they had to know that there was something not only bad going to happen, but the reports coming from these confidential human sources, not just one, but multiple sources from multiple organizations across multiple field offices across the nation, were reporting the same thing,” he added.

Keep reading

Ed Martin Sends Heads Spinning After Posting Then Deleting Cryptic “P-I-P-E” Tweet Thread Amid BOMBSHELL J6 Pipe Bomber Suspect Reveal

Associate Deputy Attorney General Ed Martin appeared to break his silence on the January 6 pipebomber with mysterious social media posts on Friday as news broke that the January 6 pipebomb suspect was potentially identified. 

On January 5, 2021, a suspect allegedly planted pipe bombs near the RNC and DNC headquarters in Washington, DC, the night before the January 6, 2021, protests.

After the feds found the bombs on January 6– supposedly the day after they were planted–the US Capitol was shut down along with the counting of electoral votes by the US Congress. The bombs were safely detonated by a bomb squad on January 6, but the FBI never described the unexploded bombs that were planted the night before with a 60-minute kitchen timer as “viable,” fueling speculation that they were fake bombs and potentially planted by the feds.

Additionally, last year, TGP reported on a new video from January 6 showing a man exiting a DC Metro police vehicle carrying a bag toward the location of the DNC ‘pipe bomb’ at 12:51 pm on Jan. 6– just 15 minutes before the ‘explosive device’ was discovered by another officer. The witness who discovered the RNC pipe bomb said the 60-minute kitchen timer attached to it only had 20 minutes left, leaving more questions as to how the bomb could have been planted the night before.

The suspects were caught on video, but somehow American intelligence and the FBI never caught the person. They would have us believe that somebody left two pipebombs in the capital and mysteriously walked out of perhaps the most heavily surveilled city in America undetected.

But now, it seems a suspect has been identified as Capitol Police Officer turned CIA security employee, Shauni Kerkhoff, in the likely hoax by the feds.

Before the bombshell news broke, Ed Martin posted a cryptic message on his personal X account, writing in a thread, “P-I-P-E.”

Keep reading

Capitol Police Officer Shauni Kerkhoff Identified as J6 Bomber Based on Forensic Match — Testified to Firing Pepper Balls at J6 Crowd, Then Months Later Took a Security Job at the CIA

On January 5, 2021, a suspect planted pipe bombs near the Washington, D.C., RNC and DNC headquarters the night before the January 6, 2021, protests.

The culprit was caught on video but never caught by the FBI – the greatest intelligence service in the world.

The US Capitol was shut down on January 6 after the feds found the bombs near the Republican and Democrat Party headquarters.

As previously reported — A mysterious suspect planted two pipe bombs at the RNC and DNC DC Headquarters that were safely detonated by a bomb squad on January 6.

As The Gateway Pundit reported at the time and several times since Jan. 6 – Federal authorities shut down the counting of electoral votes by the US Congress when news broke that the “bombs” were found at the RNC and DNC headquarters.

It was NOT the J6 protesters storming the building that shut down the counting. It was news of the pipe bombs!

This is significant now that we can confirm that the bombs were planted by a female US Capitol Police Officer who later went to work security at the CIA headquarters.

Shauni Kerkoff went to work for the CIA headquarters after the January 6 riots. She later testified against J6 defendant Guy Reffitt, who was set up by the FBI, who wired his son in his own home.

Shauni reportedly scrubbed her social media accounts after joining the FBI.

Keep reading

Federal Prosecutors Open Corruption Investigation Into Democrat DC Mayor Muriel Bowser

Federal prosecutors have opened a corruption investigation into Washington DC’s Democrat Mayor Muriel Bowser.

According to The New York Times, the investigation has been underway for several months.

The investigation is focused on Bowser’s $61,000 trip to Dubai for a UN Climate Change conference in 2023.

Bowser’s trip was reportedly paid for by Qatar.

Earlier this year 7News filed a FOIA request to uncover who paid for Bowser’s trip to Dubai and said there is no record of a donation agreement between DC and Qatar.

“Through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, the 7News I-Team has uncovered who paid for the mayor’s trip to Dubai in 2023, and it ended up costing a foreign country $61,930 in travel expenses, but the District has no record of how the expenses broke down for the mayor or four staff members,” 7News reported earlier this year.

“D.C. has no record of a Donation Agreement between the District and Qatar for the trip — which is required by D.C. Code,” 7News reported.

The Times reported that the probe may be based on “potential violations of bribery or campaign finance laws.”

The New York Times reported:

Federal prosecutors have opened a corruption investigation into Mayor Muriel E. Bowser of Washington, examining a foreign trip she took with members of her staff that was paid for by Qatar, according to people familiar with the inquiry.

The investigation, which is being handled by the U.S. attorney’s office in Washington, has been underway for months, but could face significant hurdles because of the known facts of the case and recent turmoil inside the Justice Department.

This week, the F.B.I. agent who was leading the investigation was fired by the Trump administration for having taken part in a criminal inquiry into President Trump attempts to overturn the 2020 election

The public corruption unit inside the prosecutor’s office that would typically be responsible for pushing the case forward has also been badly damaged by a series of dismissals and resignations stemming from Mr. Trump’s efforts to seek revenge against Justice Department officials and his perceived enemies.

It remains unclear how far the investigation into Ms. Bowser, a Democrat who has served as Washington’s mayor since 2015, has advanced since it was opened. But the people familiar with the inquiry said it was based on potential violations of bribery or campaign finance laws. A spokesman for the U.S. attorney’s office declined to comment.

Bowser’s office denied any wrongdoing in a statement to WUSA9.

Keep reading

The story about the woman who found the first ‘J-6 DC pipe bomb’ is blowing apart…

The story about the woman who supposedly stumbled upon the first J6 DC pipe bomb is starting to collapse under its own weight. Like so much of January 6… from the “Fedsurrection” crawling with undercover agents to the conveniently placed “explosives” that never went off… this political soap opera, or “psyop,” if you will, raises far more questions than answers.

For those who’ve read our work, you already know we’ve spent years digging into the pipe bomb story and the government’s J6 narrative. What we uncovered is a laundry list of inconsistencies that any honest investigator would call “highly suspicious” at best. Revolver, along with other truth-seekers, was among the first to blow the lid off the pipe bomb hoax. We have been keeping up with the story and reporting on the latest twists and turns.

Revolver:

We have yet another humdinger of an update on this absurd pipe bomb hoax linked to J6. As Revolver readers know, years ago our investigative work helped blow the feds’ “official story” to bits and opened the door for others to dig deeper into this fanciful tale of some unknown “pipe bomber” lurking around DC in a hoodie. To this day, that person has mysteriously remained anonymous, even though you can see him (or her) prancing around on camera.

For crying out loud, the feds can pinpoint the nose hairs of a MAGA grandma from two states away, but they can’t find this so-called dangerous bomber? Please. This story has always been riddled with gaping holes. Those holes keep getting bigger, and at this point, they’re so big, you could drive a semi through them.

The latest twist may be the most insane yet. But before we get there, let’s remember what we recently shared with you… a receipt Julie Kelly uncovered that raised yet another red flag about the “official” story, this time involving the timing of when the so-called bombs were planted. It’s starting to look like the FBI has been lying even more than we thought.

[…]

…the pipe bombs might have been a “training exercise”? If that’s true, then why are there “wanted posters” for a phantom bomber?

You can read the entire piece here:

But now, new footage and testimony are making things even murkier. The woman at the center of the story, the one who supposedly discovered the first pipe bomb, has a timeline and a story that just don’t match the evidence.

Keep reading

HOLY SMOKES! The Pipe Bomb HOAX Story Implodes — Rep. Loudermilk Blows the Lid Off the Biden J6 Narrative!

In an exclusive new interview, Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-GA) — Chairman of the New January 6 Select Subcommittee — tells GP reporter Cara Castronuova that key evidence surrounding the January 6 pipe bomber was “mysteriously disappeared” or “corrupted,” raising questions about what Biden’s FBI and Pelosi’s Select Committee were hiding from the American people.

“The story that we were fed all this time doesn’t hold a lot of water,” Loudermilk said. “None of it makes logical sense.”

**CROWD SOURCING ALL CITIZEN JOURNALISTS AND GP SLEUTHS! Please listen to the full interview and after hearing the evidence so far let us know in the comments or by contacting Cara Castronuova (below) your theory/instincts on the “Pipe Bomb Mystery”!

The “Pipe Bomb Mystery” That Never Added Up

Rep. Loudermilk revealed that the FBI’s own lab report confirmed there were explosives in the devices found near the RNC and DNC — but the story of when and how those devices were planted keeps changing.

According to Loudermilk, Secret Service bomb-sniffing dogs swept the DNC grounds the morning of January 6 — the day after the FBI claims a bomb was planted — and the dogs did not detect any device.

Keep reading