Senator Suggests Jan. 6 Rioters, Who Killed NO ONE, Worse Than 9/11 Terrorists Who Killed Thousands

In an interview on CBS’s “Face the Nation” Warner suggested that the largely unarmed group of soccer moms and Joe Sixpacks who stormed the capitol that day — are a larger threat than the folks who murdered thousands on 9/11.

“I remember, as most Americans do, where they were on 9/11. I was in the middle of a political campaign and suddenly, the differences with my opponent seem very small in comparison and our country came together,” he said. “The stunning thing to me is here we are 20 years later, and the attack on the symbol of our democracy was not coming from terrorists, but it came from literally insurgents attacking the Capitol on Jan. 6.”

“I believe our intelligence community has performed remarkably. I think the threat of terror has diminished,” he said. “But I do worry about some of the activity in this country where the election deniers, the insurgency that took place on Jan. 6, that is something I hope we could see that same kind of unity of spirit.”

Despite the senator’s fear mongering and rhetoric, the vast majority of these folks weren’t domestic terrorists and judging by the lack of damage caused to the Capitol building and grounds, they weren’t much of a riotous mob either. The idea that Trump and his MAGA followers had any chance of overthrowing the U.S. government, or even that they thought they could, was a delusion. This was evidenced by the fact that thousands of them refused to even break the DC law that prohibits guns in the area.

Keep reading

DC Mayor Says No Virtual Learning, Giving Unvaccinated Black Teens Zero Alternative Options 

The District of Columbia does not appear to have a contingency plan for unvaccinated students, who are banned from attending schools in person this fall after the first twenty days, according to comments made by Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser Thursday. 

During a press conference, Bowser, a Democrat, admitted there are no alternative options, including virtual learning, for students who cannot attend school due to the District’s vaccine mandate, meaning unvaccinated children will effectively be left without an education.  

Over 40% of blacks ages 12-17 are not vaccinated, according to city data. 

The Daily Signal asked Bowser what the plan was for unvaccinated students. Washington, D.C. public schools start Monday.  

Bowser responded “They can go to school on Monday. But they need to get their vaccinations… and their families will be alerted as to the dates.” 

Students get 20 days to provide their vaccination certificate. The Office of the State Superintendent of Education for D.C. announced that “all students must have up-to-date immunization certification on file with the school within the first 20 school days or they will not be allowed to attend school or school activities until the immunization certification is secured by the school.” 

Keep reading

Man Killed in Standoff After Trying to Break Into Ohio FBI Building Was on Radar of Federal Authorities for Months Because He *Might Have* Attended a Trump Rally

As previously reported by TGP’s Cassandra Fairbanks, Ohio State Highway Patrol exchanged gunfire with an armed man attempting to break into the FBI building in Cincinnati on Thursday morning.

The man, now identified as Navy veteran Ricky Schiffer, 42, was allegedly carrying an AR-15 and shooting into the building with a nail gun.

“At approximately 9:15 EST, the FBI Cincinnati Field Office had an armed subject attempt to breach the Visitor Screening Facility (VSF),” FBI Cincinnati said in a statement. “Upon the activation of an alarm and a response by armed FBI special agents, the subject fled northbound onto Interstate 71.”

At about 12:30 p.m. local time, the agency said Schiffer was “contained” but not in custody, according to a report from NBC News.

Schiffer took off on I-71 towards Columbus and the pursuit eventually ended near W. State Route 73, according to a report from Fox 8.

The standoff ended in a cornfield.

Ricky Schiffer was killed in the standoff.

On Friday it was reported that Schiffer was on the radar of federal authorities for months because he may had been at the US Capitol on January 6.

Keep reading

Stop the Squeal: Infamous Jan. 6 Defendant Brandon Straka Reportedly Ratted on Others and Avoided Jail

Brandon Straka, a self-described former liberal who founded the #WalkAway campaign, provided federal agents with information about fellow rioters and secured a lesser sentence after the Capitol attack, per a report.

His online campaign launched ahead of the 2018 midterms, and asked former Democrats to share stories about why they left the party.

Straka enjoyed widespread popularity among conservatives online until the weeks after Jan. 6, when he was arrested by federal agents. He was sentenced to three years probation earlier this year after he pleaded guilty to a single count of disorderly conduct.

WUSA in Washington, D.C., citing court documents, reported Straka gave the FBI the names of at least 12 people following the Stop the Steal rally that devolved into a riot on Jan. 6, 2021.

Keep reading

GOP Candidate Alleges Being Blackmailed to Drop Out of Race

An Arizona Republican congressional candidate alleges that he has been blackmailed into dropping out of the race in exchange for having Jan. 6, 2021, charges against his son dropped.

Jeff Zink, a Republican candidate in Arizona running for U.S. Congress, is challenging incumbent Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-Ariz.) who is running for reelection.

The district they run in includes much of Phoenix and is a Democrat stronghold. Zink said he has been campaigning in Phoenix, reaching out to Democrats and focusing on grassroots people.

Zink’s campaign focuses on community improvements, public safety, education, and freedom, especially defending the 2nd Amendment, according to his campaign website.

The challenged incumbent is a proponent of socialist policies and a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. Gallego suggested in a Twitter post in February to seize trucks that formed a convoy near Washington to protest COVID-19 vaccine mandates and redistribute the vehicles to other trucking businesses.

The Congressional Progressive Caucus is the most radical and influential coalition in the federal government with extensive ties to several major Marxist organizations, according to Trevor Loudon, an author and filmmaker who researches radical and terrorist groups and their covert influence on politics. Loudon is the host of EpochTV’s “Counterpunch” program.

Keep reading

DC Schools Will Expel Students Who Choose Not to Get the COVID-19 Vaccine

Schools in Washington, D.C. are requiring all students aged 12 and older to get the COVID-19 vaccine before returning to the classroom this fall. Students who don’t get it won’t be allowed in the classroom and could face expulsion (via Council of the District of Columbia):

No student shall be admitted by a school unless the school has certification of COVID-19 immunization for that student or the student is exempted.

Students can get exemptions if a parent or guardian provides written evidence receiving a vaccine would violate their religious beliefs or if a physician certifies in writing it is unsafe for the student to get the shot.

The mandate applies not only to public schools in the district but also public charter schools and private schools. Students who don’t get the vaccine could be sent out of school after a period of time:

A school shall permit a student to attend for not more than 20 school days while the school does not have certification of immunization for that student. If immunization requires a series of treatments that cannot be completed within the 20 school days, the student shall be permitted to attend school while the treatments are continuing if, within the 20 school days, the school receives written notification from whomever is administering it that the immunization is in progress.

Innovate Schools researched the effects COVID lockdowns and online learning have had on K-12 students in California. The data are bleak. Since schools shut down in 2020, young people have been hugely stunted in their educational, social, and emotional development.

Keep reading

DOD ‘Wiped’ Phones of Senior Trump Officials—Jan. 6 Communications No Longer Accessible

Some senior Trump administration officials had their phones “wiped” by the Department of Defense (DOD) and the U.S. Army after the former president left office, meaning messages that were sent around the time of the Jan. 6 Capitol breach are no longer accessible, court filings show.

The DOD acknowledged that the phones belonging to former Pentagon officials had been wiped as part of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit filed by American Oversight, a non-profit watchdog organization.

American Oversight had sought the communications that those officials had with Trump, former Vice President Pence, Trump White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, or anyone communicating on their behalf on Jan. 6.

The watchdog group submitted the FOIA requests pertaining to the records on Jan. 12, 2021, six days after the breach of the Capitol building.

Specifically, FOIA requests sought communications from former acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller, former chief of staff Kash Patel, and former Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy, Paul Ney, the Defense Department’s general counsel; and James E. McPherson, the Army’s general counsel.

However, in a court filing roughly a year after the request, the Army stated that “when an employee separates from DOD or Army he or she turns in the government issued phone, and the phone is wiped” and that “for those custodians no longer with the agency, the text messages were not preserved and therefore could not be searched.”

The court filing noted, however, that “it is possible that particular text messages could have been saved into other records systems such as email.”

Keep reading

The Justice Department Delegitimizes Itself

The ideal of justice is a blindfolded woman poised and still and holding slowly balancing scales. At the Department of Justice over the last several years, the practice of justice is more like an inflatable flailing tube man.  

In the lead-up to the 2016 election, everyone thought that federal prosecutors would decide whether to charge Hillary Clinton based on whether she knowingly violated a law that bars mishandling of classified material. It turned out that then-FBI Director James Comey would decide on the basis of what he thought was “reasonable.” After initially letting Clinton off, the tube man flailed right and Comey, breaking procedure against commenting on a pending investigation, announced that the Clinton probe was on again.   

The Justice Department only got worse from there. Comey told the country that one reason not to charge Clinton was that the government had never before charged someone for conduct similar to hers. Yet after Comey, the Department went on to spend years investigating Donald Trump, not only for conduct never before charged, but for crimes no one even knew were crimes—including rude tweets. A dusty old law chiefly prohibiting cheating the federal government out of money would be stapled to Trump’s tweets and taped to an obstruction-of-justice charge and then the president was going to be marched off to prison for conspiracy to steal an election—or so the Department led the country’s credulous Left to believe for years.  

Gone are the days of Comey’s somewhat evenhanded blundering. The flailing man’s hands are now in an unmistakable search for the necks of its political opponents. Consider the unruly Capitol protest following the 2020 election. For the protesters, the Department has dusted off the charge of “seditious conspiracy.”   

The last time the department pursued seditious conspiracy charges, in 2010, it went after a group of Christian nationalists. The charges were thrown out of court. The last time the department made the charge stick was about 30 years ago—against Islamic terrorists who plotted to blow up the FBI and United Nations headquarters. In that case, seditious conspiracy was icing atop an already well-baked cake of indisputable crime. 

But for the Capitol protesters, the charge is the essential means by which the government hopes to turn a protest into Pearl Harbor. Without seditious conspiracy, all the department can serve its political masters for dessert are uncoordinated offenses against the public peace, mostly misdemeanors like trespass, in a protest otherwise well within the guarantee of the First Amendment.  

Keep reading