Ghislaine Maxwell to testify before US Congress in Epstein probe

Ghislaine Maxwell, the jailed associate of convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, has agreed to testify under oath before the congressional committee investigating the federal government’s handling of the Epstein cases.

Committee chairman James Comer, who is leading the investigation, says Maxwell will depose virtually on 9 February.

Maxwell’s legal team has previously said she would decline to answer questions under her constitutional right to remain silent unless she is granted legal immunity.

Comer, previewing the deposition, said, “her lawyers have been saying she is going to plead the Fifth,” referring to the US Fifth Amendment right to decline to speak to authorities.

The announcement from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee comes as the Trump administration continues to come under fierce scrutiny for its handling of the Epstein case.

Maxwell is currently serving a 20-year prison sentence for recruiting and trafficking teenage girls for sexual abuse by Epstein.

In July, the committee declined to offer Maxwell legal immunity in exchange for her testimony.

In August, the committee issued legal summons to Maxwell, requiring her to submit evidence under oath.

Maxwell’s legal team said that requiring her to both testify from jail, and without any legal immunity, were “non-starters”.

The lawyers said she “cannot risk further criminal exposure in a politically charged environment without formal immunity” as speaking from prison “creates real security risks and undermines the integrity of the process”.

House lawmakers cannot force Maxwell to waive her Fifth Amendment protections.

On Tuesday, Maxwell’s legal team said in a letter to the committee that she would continue to refuse to testify.

“Put plainly, proceeding under these circumstances would serve no other purpose than pure political theater and a complete waste of taxpayer monies,” the attorneys wrote. “The Committee would obtain no testimony, no answers, and no new facts.”

Maxwell, who was convicted in 2021, had appealed against the conviction to the Supreme Court last October but the top court declined to hear the former British socialite’s appeal.

Her only route to leave prison early would be a presidential pardon, unless she is able to persuade a federal judge in New York to vacate or amend her sentence. The White House has denied that Trump is considering granting her clemency, however, Trump has also said he has not ruled it out.

Separately, the Department of Justice faced a deadline of 19 December last year to release all remaining Epstein files in their possession. So far only a fraction of them have been made public.

The department has faced criticism from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle over the number of redactions in the files, which the law permits only to protect victims’ identities and active criminal investigations.

Meanwhile, the House committee is also meeting to discuss former President Bill Clinton and his wife Hillary Clinton’s refusal to appear before the panel to answer questions related to the investigation into Epstein.

The committee has said it is considering filing contempt charges against the two.

Keep reading

ICE Agent Calls Out MN Protesters for Disrupting Child Sex Offender Arrest

A viral video circulating on social media Sunday appeared to show agitators interfering with an Immigration and Customs Enforcement operation targeting an alleged child sex offender in Minnesota, prompting responses from federal officials and senior members of President Donald Trump’s administration.

The video, which was posted to X and viewed more than 750,000 times within hours, shows an ICE agent confronting individuals in St. Paul who he said were disrupting federal officers as they attempted to take a suspect into custody.

According to the agent, the interference included repeated honking from nearby vehicles as officers worked to make the arrest.

“We’re here to arrest a child sex offender and you guys are out here honking,” the agent says in the video.

“No, we’re press,” someone off-camera responds.

“We’re not honking.”

The agent then gestures toward a nearby vehicle and continues addressing those filming.

Keep reading

Republican who said trans healthcare ‘harms’ kids gets lengthy sentence for child sex abuse imagery

A former South Carolina Republican lawmaker and member of the ultra-Conservative Freedom Caucus, who supported drag and trans healthcare bans “to protect childhood innocence”, has been handed a nearly two decade prison sentence for distributing vile child sexual abuse material.

Robert John May III, known as ‘RJ’ , 38, had represented the state’s 88th district in the House of Representatives since November 2020 but resigned from his seat in August 2025 after he was arrested and charged two months earlier with 10 counts of distributing sexual abuse material involving children. In September, May subsequently pleaded guilty to the charges.

During his time in office May was outspoken against gender-affirming care, trans inclusion in sports and drag performances, and was listed as a speaker at Mom’s for Liberty’s Reclaiming Education in America event in 2022. Many of his concerns about LGBTQ+ topics were cited in regards to child safety.

On Wednesday (14 January), May was handed a 17.5 year sentence in federal prison by US District Judge Cameron McGowan Currie, a term that was slightly less than the 20 years prosecutors requested but much longer than the five years the former lawmaker requested for himself.

Currie said May was given a higher sentence than the average for similar charges because the content he disseminated was the “most severe the court had seen”.

Following his release from prison, May will have to spend another 20 years under supervised release, with federal parole officers monitoring his actions to be sure he doesn’t reoffend. He was also ordered to pay $58,500 in restitution to eight victims who the authorities identified and will be required to register as a sex offender for life.

Keep reading

Leftist Mayor of Small Missouri Town Busted on NINE Child Porn and Sex Crimes After Inventing a Vile Race Hoax

A far-left, race-baiting mayor of a small Missouri town of less than 2,400 people has been busted on nine incredibly heinous crimes after perpetrating a disgusting race hoax.

As First Alert 4 news reported, Riverview mayor Mike Cornell Jr. has been charged with four counts of second-degree statutory sodomy, three counts of first-degree sodomy or attempted sodomy, one count of first-degree harassment, and one count of possession of child pornography.

There were four victims involved in these incidents, including two minors under the age of 17. The alleged crimes occurred between December 2016 and 2026.

Here are more details from First Alert 4:

According to the St. Louis County Police’s probable cause statement, Cornell committed forcible sex acts on at least three victims, including a minor. They say he made sexual advances against a fourth victim. Police say they found child sexual abuse material on Cornell’s phone.

The department said it was made aware of the allegations against Cornell and potential crimes from another local agency, but would not say who.

The charges follow the authorities’ search of the mayor’s home earlier this month. Police were accompanied by a K9 unit as they searched the residence, which is less than a half-mile from Riverview City Hall.

Riverview’s Acting Police Chief, Toreyon Times, called the charges against Cornell, Jr. “deeply disturbing” in a statement to First Alert 4.

St Louis Police believe there may be even more victims of Cornell, Jr., and are encouraging them to come forward.

Just last month, Cornell Jr. whipped out the race card and alleged without evidence that pro-KKK and anti-Semitic graffiti had been appearing throughout Riverview.

First Alert 4 investigated the mayor’s claims and found inconsistencies across the versions of the stories he told.

For example, the outlet did not find evidence of Cornell’s claims of the KKK or other organized hate groups drawing graffiti in Riverview.

Current and former residents also said there was no history of the KKK in the community.

Keep reading

House Oversight to hold Bill Clinton in contempt of Congress

Former President Bill Clinton is now facing Contempt of Congress charges after failing to appear for his scheduled deposition regarding the Jeffrey Epstein investigation. 

The House Oversight Committee sent out a press release on Tuesday, noting that Chairman Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., delivered remarks after the deposition appointment. He called the Epstein case a bipartisan matter and expressed frustration that none of the democrats in office attended the deposition. “Not a single Democrat showed up today. Not a single Democrat—the ones who have press conferences on the Capitol steps and talk about how they’re trying to get justice for the victims and all that.” 

He declared that Clinton will face a Contempt of Congress markup next week.

During an interview with Sean Hannity on Fox News, and shared on X, Comer called out the hypocrisy of Democrat leaders for holding former White House official Peter Navarro and former advisor to President Donald Trump, Steve Bannon in Contempt of Congress for refusing to testify before the questionable Jan. 6 Select Committee, while remaining silent when powerful Democrats like the Clintons to the same. 

Hannity cited an eight-page letter that Clinton’s lawyers sent Comer, which stated, “President and Secretary Clinton have already provided the limited information they possess about Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell to the Committee.” The letter claimed that the subpoenas are an attempt to embarrass Republicans’ “political rivals.” 

Keep reading

Bill Clinton defies congressional subpoena, Comer says contempt charges moving ahead

Former President Bill Clinton appears to have defied a congressional subpoena to appear before the House Oversight Committee on Tuesday morning.

Clinton was compelled to sit for a sworn closed-door deposition in the House’s bipartisan probe into Jeffrey Epstein, but Fox News Digital did not see him before or after the scheduled 10 a.m. grilling.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer, R-Ky., had threatened to begin contempt of Congress proceedings against Clinton if he did not appear Tuesday.

Comer said Tuesday morning, “We will move next week in the House Oversight Committee … to hold Bill Clinton in contempt of Congress.”

“I think everyone knows by now Bill Clinton did not show up. And I think it’s important to note that this subpoena was voted on in a bipartisan manner by this committee,” Comer told reporters after formally ending the deposition.

“No one’s accusing Bill Clinton of any wrongdoing. We just have questions. And that’s why the Democrats voted, along with Republicans, to subpoena Bill Clinton.”

He said “not a single Democrat” showed up to the deposition on Tuesday.

Keep reading

Timothy Busfield MISSING: US Marshals join search for Melissa Gilbert’s West Wing star husband on child sex abuse warrant as he says claims are ‘revenge’ after kids were dropped from cast

Federal authorities are helping to search for West Wing actor Timothy Busfield, who is accused of inappropriately touching a minor on a TV show set. 

A warrant has been issued for the 68-year-old Emmy award-winning actor’s arrest, charging him with two counts of criminal sexual contact of a minor and one count of child abuse on the set of his TV show ‘The Cleaning Lady.’

The US Marshals are now assisting officers to locate him and take him into custody, a spokesperson for the Albuquerque Police Department said.

When asked if Busfield had been located, detained or arrested, a APD spokesperson told People: ‘Not that I am aware.’

An investigation into Busfield’s alleged behavior began in November 2024 when staff at the University of New Mexico Hospital called police and reported twin 11-year-old boys potentially being groomed on the set of ‘The Cleaning Lady,’ which Busfield directed.

According to a complaint filed in Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court, the alleged abuse occurred between November 2022 and spring 2024. A warrant has been issued for Busfield’s arrest in Bernalillo County, New Mexico. 

In an accompanying affidavit, an officer shared how Busfield allegedly ‘grew closer to the boys’ during their time on set and told the children ‘to call him Uncle Tim’ as he and his wife, actress Melissa Gilbert, bought the boys Christmas gifts, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Meanwhile, Busfield would allegedly ‘tickle them on the stomach and legs, despite them not liking the tickling.’ 

The children did not allege sexual touching at the time, but in October 2025 one of the parents reported to Child Protective Services that her child disclosed alleged sexual abuse by Busfield. 

Keep reading

2 ex-NYPD cops sentenced for sexually assaulting passed-out woman, as survivor details trauma: ‘I feel nothing but anger and rage’

Two former NYPD cops were sentenced to probation for sexually assaulting an incapacitated woman after a night out at a Bronx bar — as the survivor of the heinous crime urged others to report their stories, no matter the title of their assailant.

Julio Alcantara-Santiago, 40, and Christian Garcia, 32, were sentenced on Friday at Bronx Supreme Criminal Court after taking a plea agreement for the assault that unfolded on July 9, 2023.

Alcantara-Santiago appeared nervous in an orange blazer and pinstriped pants as he was sentenced to six years of sex offender probation.

Garcia sported a two-piece navy suit and glasses as he accepted one year of probation and was ordered to complete a behavioral treatment program.

On the night of June 8, 2023, the unidentified woman went out with co-workers at Zona De Cuba lounge in Grand Concourse, according to a victim impact statement she read aloud to the courtroom.

After going up to a rooftop area of the establishment and having some drinks, the next thing she recalled was waking up to being sexually assaulted by two men in a stranger’s home.

“The next thing I remember is slightly waking up in someone’s home. And then what hurts more is that I see two men over me and feel hands in certain parts of my body,” she said.

“I start to make movement so that the men can stop. I’m terrified and scared that if I say something or if they notice that I’m awake while they’re doing certain things, they will harm me or even kill me,” she told the courtroom.

She said she continued to lie there and fell asleep, and woke up the next morning, realizing she was still in the strange apartment near the lounge.

After desperately calling her sister and best friend for help, she escaped the home and decided to go to a local Bronx hospital to be evaluated. There, she was given a rape kit and spoke to multiple police officers, the victim said.

The two officers were arrested in April 2024 after surveillance footage helped connect them to the crime. Both cops were suspended without pay, the NYPD said at the time.

Keep reading

FBI investigating Two by Twos for historical child sexual abuse claims, including in Australia

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has launched an international investigation into child sexual abuse within a secretive Christian sect that has followers throughout Australia.

The global fundamentalist sect does not have an official name. It is referred to by believers as The Truth or The Way, or by non-believers as the Two by Twos, or the Church with No Name.

WARNING: This story contains details that may be distressing to some readers.

Believers of the church meet in people’s homes for prayer sessions, with the group’s ministers moving between the different cities and countries where followers are based.

In February in the United States, the FBI launched a probe into the group after widescale reports of abuse were publicised by the BBC earlier this year.

A hotline for former members who have experienced sexual abuse within the sect in Australia and New Zealand has received allegations involving about 130 separate people.

Keep reading

‘West Wing’ Actor Accused Of Sexually Abusing 2 Child Actors On Set

An arrest warrant has been issued for Emmy-winning actor and director Timothy Busfield, who is accused of inappropriately touching twin boys who were actors on a TV series he directed, according to reports.

Busfield, known for his roles on “The West Wing” and “Field of Dreams,” is facing two counts of criminal sexual contact of a minor and an open count of child abuse, according to Albuquerque court documents obtained by KOAT.

According to a police affidavit posted by Variety, the boys’ mother told police that her children disclosed to her that they were “groomed and sexually abused” by Busfield while filming the Fox series “The Cleaning Lady” from November 2022 to spring 2024 in New Mexico.

One of the boys told an investigator that Busfield touched his “private areas” on set when he was 7 years old and again when he was 8, according to Variety.

Additionally, the affidavit describes an investigation conducted by Warner Bros. Following an anonymous complaint made through SAG-AFTRA, the actors’ union, about Busfield’s conduct on “The Cleaning Lady.”

Keep reading