Remains of 22 more babies increases total to 99 found at Ireland site: authorities

The remains of 22 more babies were recovered from the site of a former institution for unmarried mothers and their children in Ireland, bringing the total number of bodies found during an ongoing excavation to 99, authorities announced.

The Office of the Director of Authorized Intervention at Tuam (ODAIT) on Wednesday said the discoveries were made at the site known as the former Mother and Baby Institution, which was operated by the Bon Secours Sisters, an order of Catholic nuns, from 1925 to 1961.

The remains were found in coffins in an area identified in historical records as a burial ground, but later covered with asphalt and gravel and used as a driveway.

“As detailed in previous updates, the evidence ODAIT has recovered is consistent with this area being part of a burial ground from the time of the operation of the Mother and Baby Institution and it falls within an area identified in historical documents as a ‘burial ground,'” ODAIT noted in a news release.

“This location was previously covered with bitumen and gravel and used for vehicular access, according to ODAIT. There were no surface markers to indicate the presence of burials.”

ODAIT said the remains of 77 babies were previous recovered from the area “and earlier historic burials were identified beneath these.”

The recovery effort began in 2025 after years of investigations into the institution. People reported that historian Catherine Corless uncovered records showing 796 infants and young children died while the home was in operation, with many of the children having no recorded burial sites.

A previous excavation confirmed human remains beneath the property, prompting the Irish government to authorize a full forensic excavation.

Keep reading

Man jailed in Northern Ireland for burning fake mosque in bonfire

Bonfire season in Northern Ireland is a centuries-old tradition. Enormous towers of wooden pallets, decorated with the symbols of whoever you oppose, lit on fire at night. Catholics burn Union Jacks and pictures of the King. Protestants burn Irish tricolours. Politicians, royals, and foreign flags all get their turn.

Jewish symbols have appeared on bonfires. So have Israeli flags. It is, Ezra Levant noted on Monday’s episode of The Ezra Levant Show, essentially a free-speech zone that has existed for hundreds of years.

This year, a bonfire in Moygashel, County Tyrone displayed a replica mosque. The words on it read: “Secure our borders. End the threat of radical Islam.” The Arabic lettering, Ezra noted, referenced fascism — a deliberate attempt to distinguish radical Islam from the broader religion.

The man who built it is now in jail.

Brian Conrad Neil, 56, was arrested, refused bail, and appeared in the dock of Dungannon Magistrates’ Court in handcuffs. He has been charged with incitement to hatred. District Judge Barney McElholm declared that those who placed the replica mosque on the bonfire had “an agenda full of hate and bigotry towards others.”

The bail refusal was particularly striking to Ezra.

“Everyone gets bail, especially in Ireland,” he said. “Accused murderers sometimes get bail — but not a lad who put a fake mosque on a bonfire.” The two reasons to deny bail, he noted, are flight risk and ongoing danger to the community. Neither applies to a man who built a parade float.

The double standard is hard to miss.

Keep reading

Yet Another Shocking Video Of UK’s Two-Tier Policing Drops

Fresh footage from Northern Ireland captures police sprinting past a group of knife- and stick-wielding feral youths to cuff a local man who had grabbed a stick to protect the native women and children in his street.

The scene in Dungannon underscores a now-familiar pattern: authorities appear quicker to restrain locals standing up for their communities than to neutralise imported threats.

The video, shared widely on X, shows a large group of youths described as “foreigners” arriving armed in a Protestant area of the town. One man, who also appears to be of foreign descent, picks up a stick in response. A police officer runs straight past the armed mob and detains the defender instead.

Official police accounts confirm serious disorder in the area yesterday evening.

District Commander Superintendent Peter Stevenson stated: “At approximately 7.45pm police received a report of altercation involving approximately 10 men armed with knives and bats at a property in the Killyman Road area. The men smashed the windows and caused damage to the front door of a property. Officers attended and a 32-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage. Two other men, aged 32 and 35, were arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. They remain in police custody at this time.”

The Superintendent continued, “At approximately 11pm, officers on patrol came across a large group of males gathered in the Newell Road area. Further reports had also been received of a number of males in the area carrying knives and bats. One man had been assaulted and sustained cuts to his hands and face. He attended hospital for treatment for his injuries. An 18-year old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon with intent to commit an indictable offence. He remains in police custody.”

DUP MLA Deborah Erskine voiced growing local frustration: “There is no place for violence, intimidation or criminality on the streets of Dungannon. Criminality is criminality, regardless of who is involved or which section of the community they come from. It must be called out and condemned consistently.”

“There can be no selective condemnation when it comes to lawlessness and public disorder,” Erskine continued, adding “People have a right to feel safe in their own homes and neighbourhoods, and any allegations of violence or intimidation must be thoroughly investigated. Too often, when residents raise such legitimate concerns, or when I raise those concerns in the Assembly Chamber, elements of the Assembly are quick to dismiss them with accusations of racism or bigotry.”

“That approach does nothing to solve problems or build community confidence. It is time for people to listen to genuine concerns, stop applying labels, and start taking meaningful action,” Erskine further urged.

Dungannon hosts a substantial migrant population, including a large East Timorese community drawn to local meat-processing plants, making up a significant share of the town’s non-national residents.

Social media reports tied to the footage describe the armed group as foreigners, many from East Timor, turning up in a Protestant area, while some official framing casts the clashes as internal community matters.

Keep reading

Most Suspects in 2026 Killings of Irish Women Were Foreign-Born

Official information on murders in Ireland so far this year indicates that, were it not for foreigners living in Ireland, the murder rate—at least of women—would be astronomically lower.

Presuming the information below is true, approximately 85% of the murderers who killed women in Ireland this year were foreigners. Since then, Gript’s Niamh Uí Bhriain has clarified that, of the eight men who targeted Irish women in 2026, every single one was born outside Ireland, although “the suspect in the dreadful killing of Noreen Daly claimed to be ‘Manhattan born, Irish blood.’” The statistic on foreign-born murderers in Ireland therefore depends on whether one considers Finn Yowell an Irishman. Even if one decides Yowell should not be included in the statistic, that would still leave the overwhelming majority of murderers being foreign-born.

It is very difficult to find reliable statistics on migrant crime in Europe because the majority of the national authorities and many of the local authorities specifically try to cover up that reality in order to justify continued mass migration. But whenever data from a criminal category or city actually slips through the cracks of the cover-up, it always tells a very disturbing story. The reality is that immigrants, most especially Muslim male immigrants, have long been driving crime in many European countries, particularly violent and sexual crime. That certainly seems to be true this year in Ireland when it comes to female murder victims.

Keep reading

Northern Ireland: Historic Catholic Convent Near St Patrick’s Tomb Destroyed in Deliberate Fire as Christian Europe Burns

A historic former Catholic convent near the burial place of Saint Patrick in Northern Ireland was devastated by a deliberate fire Sunday night, forcing more than 70 firefighters into an overnight battle to save the adjacent parish church.

The blaze, according to a report from Life Site News, broke out at the former Convent of Mercy in Downpatrick, County Down, at around 7 p.m. on June 28. By the time emergency crews arrived, the building was already engulfed in a well-developed fire.

The Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service said the cause is believed to have been deliberate. No injuries were reported, but the damage to one of Downpatrick’s most recognizable Catholic landmarks was severe.

Keep reading

The Irish Have Entered the Fray

Well, everybody.

The Irish have finally entered the fray.

Not that anyone should be celebrating riots. Nobody with a functioning conscience watches a man nearly lose his head on a Belfast street and thinks that’s entertainment. The attack was horrifying. By all accounts, a man is lucky to be alive after what witnesses described as an attempted beheading. The videos are difficult to watch. The victim remains hospitalized. The migrant suspect has been charged with attempted murder.

But if you’ve spent any time paying attention to Ireland, one thought inevitably creeps into your mind; at least it certainly does mine.

What took them so long?

Because if there is one people on earth who are famous for having short fuses, long memories, and absolutely no interest in suffering quietly forever, it is the Irish.

I can say that. My maiden name is Murphy. My father was a first-generation American. I’ve attended enough Irish gatherings to know that “spirited discussion” can become a contact sport with astonishing speed.

The Irish are a people who turned funerals into parties. A people who made poetry out of misery.

A people who could sing a ballad about death, heartbreak, whiskey, bad decisions, and divine intervention all in the same verse and somehow make it funny.

The Irish don’t merely endure history. They wrestle it. Usually after three pints.

For centuries, they have endured conquest, famine, poverty, occupation, political violence, religious division, and enough hardship to make lesser peoples curl into a ball and quit.

The Great Famine alone scattered millions across the globe. Entire families boarded ships with little more than hope and a prayer. They arrived in America and discovered that life wasn’t exactly rolling out a red carpet for them either. Signs reading “No Irish Need Apply” weren’t myths. Irish immigrants dug canals, built railroads, hauled stone, laid foundations, and worked some of the hardest jobs in the country. Alongside Italians, Scots, and countless other immigrant groups, they helped build the physical bones of America. Their reward was often poverty, discrimination, and tenements packed tighter than a Dublin pub on St. Patrick’s Day.

And yet they survived. They always survive. That may be the defining Irish trait. Not optimism.

Not luck (ah, remember Murphy’s law?). Defiance.

The Irish possess a remarkable ability to look catastrophe squarely in the face and respond with some variation of: “Well, this is terrible. Whose round is it?”

That doesn’t mean they are passive. Far from it. Hospitality and fury coexist comfortably in the Irish soul. An Irishman will invite you into his home, feed you, tell you stories, introduce you to his family, and then throw a punch if he thinks you’ve insulted his mother. Sometimes in reverse order.

The point is that there comes a moment when every people reaches a limit. Not necessarily a political limit. Not even an economic limit. A cultural limit. A point where people begin looking around and asking whether the country they inherited is still recognizable.

That question is not unique to Ireland. It’s being asked all over the Western world.

What makes Ireland different is that the Irish have never been known for quietly bottling up their emotions. These are a people whose national pastime appears to be arguing passionately about things they mostly agree on.

The fact that Belfast remained relatively calm for as long as it did might be the real miracle

Keep reading

German State Media Accuses Elon Musk, Tommy Robinson of Inciting Belfast Rioters to ‘Hunt’ Migrants

German state media has accused Tesla trillionaire Elon Musk and anti-grooming gang activist Tommy Robinson of calling for the “hunting” of migrants in the wake of an alleged asylum seeker beheading attempt in Belfast.

Tuesday’s edition of German public broadcaster ZDF flagship programme ‘Today Live’ argued that the backlash to footage of a Sudanese asylum seeker allegedly attempting to cut a man’s head off in Northern Ireland earlier this month was a result of malign actors from abroad on social media, signalling out Elon Musk and Tommy Robinson in particular.

Introducing the segment, presenter Christina v. Ungern-Sternberg said: “A brutal attempted murder on a public street in Belfast. Someone films it; the video goes viral. A racist mob subsequently hunts down migrants. Calls for this had come from a British right-wing extremist and tech billionaire Elon Musk. The pattern isn’t new.”

Not only did the German public broadcaster fail to provide any evidence that either Musk or Robinson had called for the violent targeting of migrants, as was seen in some cases during the Belfast riots, ZDF also appeared to undermine their entire argument with the posts they cited as evidence of incietment.

Indeed, in one of the only posts highlighted by the broadcaster, veteran street organiser Tommy Robinson said: “The whole of the United Kingdom is hitting the streets tonight at 7pm following yet another invader attack on our people.”

This post was accompanied with a list of various protests, which featured the call for people to remain: “Peaceful. Respectful. Together.”

The post was shared by Musk, who added: “Only by protesting REPEATEDLY and LOUDLY will there be any change!!”

Keep reading

Northern Ireland Erupts After Sudanese Asylum Seeker Charged in Brutal Stabbing — Migrant Houses Torched as Angry Crowds Take Over Belfast 

Hundreds of demonstrators took to the streets of Belfast on Tuesday night after a Sudanese asylum seeke was charged with a brutal knife attack that left a local man with serious injuries.

The protests erupted after footage of Monday night’s attack circulated widely online, sparking further anger against mass immigration.

Police deployed armored vehicles as crowds gathered in several parts of the city.

Some vehicles were set on fire during the unrest, including a bus, while clashes broke out between protesters and officers.

There were also reports of protesters breaking into migrant houses and setting them ablaze.

The victim, a man in his 40s, suffered severe injuries to his eyes as well as slash wounds to his face and back. Police later recovered a kitchen knife from the scene.

Video footage showed members of the public confronting the attacker before police arrived. Senior officers later credited those bystanders with helping save the victim’s life.

The suspect, identified as a 30-year-old Sudanese national, has been charged with attempted murder, possession of a bladed article in a public place, and making threats to kill.

He is due to appear before Belfast Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday.

Police said the man was granted leave to remain in the United Kingdom in September 2023 after claiming asylum.

He had arrived in Belfast from Dublin earlier that year after flying into Ireland from Paris.

The incident comes amid growing public fury over the Labour government’s refusal to stop mass immigration as well a series of high-profile violent crimes involving migrants across Britain.

Keep reading

Ireland Convicts 78-Year-Old Preacher For Preaching Near Abortion Clinic

Ireland is finally safe.

Clive Johnston has been convicted and can no longer menace the public.

Johnson, 78, is a retired pastor who committed the heinous offense of preaching near the Causeway Hospital in Coleraine.

That was considered within the “safe access zone” under Northern Ireland’s Abortion Services (Safe Access Zones) Act.

The Act prohibits “influencing,” “preventing or impeding access,” or “causing harassment, alarm or distress” to a protected person within 100 meters (about 328 feet) of facilities where abortions are performed.

So Johnson was found guilty of “influencing” inside the protected zone and fined 450 pounds (about $614).

Northern Ireland’s Public Prosecution Service told Fox News Digital, “The defendant was found guilty and convicted by the court of doing an act in a safe access zone with the intent of or being reckless as to whether it had the effect of influencing a protected person attending the premises; and failing to comply with a direction to leave a safe access zone.”

The language of the law is absurdly vague and abusively broad. What constitutes an “influence” is undefined and could include any religious, political, or social exchange. Would it include encouragements to have abortions?

It is equally perverse to treat praying or preaching the same as blocking or impeding access to a clinic. Finally, a hospital engages in a wide array of activities that raise religious or political issues that can be the subject of free speech.

We previously saw several cases in the United Kingdom where people were arrested for silently praying near abortion clinics.

For its part, Ireland has been a leader in censorship and the criminalization of speech. As the leader of the Irish Green Party proclaimed, “We are restricting freedom for the public good.”

By the way, his offense was reading John 3:16, including “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

What could perish in Ireland and the United Kingdom is free expression as speech regulators target bad influences under time, place, and manner laws.

Keep reading

Ireland to offer cash to encourage Ukrainians to leave – migration minister

The Irish government is aiming to terminate government-provided accommodation for Ukrainian migrants within a year, and will offer payouts to encourage repatriation, Minister of State for Migration Colm Brophy has said.

Since the escalation of the Ukraine conflict in 2022, around 125,000 Ukrainians have received temporary protection in Ireland, according to Brophy. From July 2022 to March 2026, Dublin reportedly spent more than €438 million ($516 million) to provide half of them with housing.

Dublin has also shelled out nearly €400 million in “political, humanitarian, economic and non-lethal military aid” for Kiev, while other EU members have funneled billions of euros into the conflict. Russia has warned that the EU’s support for Ukraine has only served to prolong the hostilities.

Keep reading