Newsom Gives $90 Million in ‘Emergency’ Funds to Planned Parenthood

California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill on Wednesday giving $90 million in tax dollars to Planned Parenthood, marking just the latest infusion of cash from the Golden State to the abortion behemoth.

release from Newsom’s office said the $90 million came in the form of “one-time emergency funds for Planned Parenthood and other clinics providing reproductive health care services.”

The purported emergency was President Donald Trump’s “Big Beautiful Bill” — called the “Big Ugly Bill” in the release — which defunded Planned Parenthood for one year.

“California is taking steps to ensure people don’t lose access to the range of services provided by Planned Parenthood,” Newsom said in a statement.

“As the Trump administration’s Big Ugly Bill punishes women and community health providers, California continues to stand in support of women’s access to essential health services and reproductive freedom.”

But California has already vowed $145 million for Planned Parenthood since last fall alone.

There are over 100 Planned Parenthood facilities across California — and Newsom’s release said California would assist them as women obtain purported “basic health care needs.”

Newsom, a likely hopeful in the 2028 Democratic presidential primary race, has signed several abortion-related bills in recent years.

In September of last year, he signed a bill allowing abortion pill providers to ship the substances anonymously — a bid to help the providers avoid lawsuits from conservative state governments.

Keep reading

Barack Obama Throws Gavin Newsom Under the Bus Over His Homelessness Scandal

Former President Barack Obama addressed the homelessness crisis in Los Angeles, describing the situation as a moral failure in a wealthy nation and calling for policies that combine compassion with practical solutions.

Speaking about conditions in the city, Obama said the issue demands both ethical clarity and political realism.

“The same would be true. Let’s say here in Los Angeles, around the homeless issue, I think morally, ethically speaking, it is an atrocity that in a country that’s wealthy, we have people just on the streets, and we should have a We should insist on policies that recognize their full humanity people who are houseless and be able to provide them the help and resources that they need,” Obama said.

He argued that efforts to address homelessness must acknowledge both the needs of those living on the streets and the concerns of the broader public.

“but we should also recognize that the average person doesn’t want to have to navigate around a tent city in the middle of downtown,” Obama said.

Obama suggested that public support for increased funding and services depends on presenting a strategy that balances compassion with visible order.

“and that we’re not going to be able to build a working majority and support for the resources that we need to help folks like that, whether it’s drug treatment or temporary housing or what have you, we’re not going to be able to generate support for it if we simply say, You know what, it’s not their fault, and so they should be able to do whatever they want, because that’s a losing political strategy,” he said.

Keep reading

Team Trump Catches Gavin Newsom in a HUGE Lie During Back-and-Forth as California Governor Releases Thousands of Violent Criminal Illegals Back into Society

No lie is too big for California Governor Gavin Newsom, even when such falsehoods have the potential to put the lives of Americans in danger.

The Department of Homeland Security on Friday sent out a press release on Friday, revealing that 33,179 illegals are in California’s custody, yet the state government is refusing to honor the ICE detainers. The crimes by these prisoners include 399 homicides, 3,313 assaults, 3,171 burglaries, 1,011 robberies, 8,380 dangerous drugs offenses, 1,984 weapons offenses, and 1,293 sexual predatory offenses.

This policy by California has resulted in 4,561 criminal illegal aliens being released since January 20.

DHS Secretary Kristi Noem demanded that Newsom change course and cooperate with the Trump Administration on immigration.

“I am urgently calling on @gavinnewsom to agree to NOT release the 33,179 criminal illegal aliens in California’s custody back into the public without notifying ICE,” she wrote.

“The crimes of these aliens include 399 homicides, 3,313 assaults, 3,171 burglaries, 1,011 robberies, 8,380 dangerous drugs offenses, 1,984 weapons offenses, and 1,293 sexual predatory offenses.”

Keep reading

Gavin Newsom ridiculed for desperately painting himself as living fraught and penniless childhood in new memoir… despite his family’s millionaire connections

Gavin Newsom has been trolled online for attempting to portray his childhood as financially fraught in a new memoir, despite having family connections with powerful politicians and billionaire oil magnates.  

Instead of politics, the California Governor’s 2026 book focuses on the struggles of his parents’ divorce, growing up with dyslexia, and working as a paper boy, according to the New York Times which received an advance copy of the autobiography. 

The likely Democratic contender for the next presidential election spent his childhood surrounded by some of the most powerful families in California, who backed his early business ventures and greased the wheels of his political ascent

His father, William Newsom, was a wealthy state appeals judge who introduced him to the Getty Oil executives he represented in court, while his aunt Barbara Newsom was married to Ron Pelosi, the brother-in-law of US Representative Nancy Pelosi.  

Yet his memoir, Young Man in a Hurry: A Memoir of Discovery, which is set to hit the shelves February 24, portrays him as a teenager who delivered newspapers because money was scarce at home. 

‘POOR LIL’ GAVIN,’ one person wrote on X in response to the Times’ review of the memoir. Everybody feels sorry for Gavin Newsom. He’s had a tough life.

‘So lunch at French Laundry?’ they added, referring to an expensive three-Michelin star restaurant in California’s Napa Valley which Newsom came under fire for dining at during the coronavirus pandemic lockdown in 2020. 

‘Oh poor baby… a rich brat with a sad life. The California Governor wants you to know he was rich but not happy, not that much,’ another critic wrote on X.

Keep reading

Gavin Newsom Gets Dragged for Pledging to Send Winter Storm Resources to Tennessee While Fire Victims in California Remain Homeless

California Governor Gavin Newsom recently bragged on Twitter/X that he is sending aid to the state of Tennessee following the harsh winter storm.

Meanwhile, thousands of victims of the California wildfires that happened over a year ago remain homeless.

This is Newsom playing pretend. In his mind, he is already the President of the United States and he wants everyone to get used to the idea.

FOX 5 in California reports:

Gov. Newsom deploys California-based emergency team to Tennessee for winter storm aid

Governor Gavin Newsom has deployed specialized emergency management resources from California to assist Tennessee as the state responds to impacts from a deadly winter storm.

According to the Governor’s Office, a 30-member California-based federal Complex Incident Management Team has been sent to support “response and life safety efforts” following an icy snowstorm that created hazardous travel conditions, widespread power outages and emergencies across the state. Multiple deaths have been reported in connection with the storm.

“I’m thankful to the local firefighters, who are stepping up to help fellow Americans during their time of need,” said Newsom. “When disaster strikes, California answers the call to support our partners across the country. Deploying this Incident Management Team to Tennessee reflects a commitment to protecting lives and helping our neighbors respond and recover to extreme weather events.”

The deployment comes as large portions of the eastern United States recently faced heavy snowfall, ice accumulations and subfreezing temperatures, disrupting critical infrastructure.

Keep reading

Gavin Newsom shoots down claim $236M program for California’s mentally ill has helped just 22 people in four years

California Governor Gavin Newsom’s $236 million program to help those with severe mental illness who bounce between homelessness and jail has helped a measly 22 people since the its launch in 2022, a new report reveals.

Newsom’s CARE Court was billed as a “completely new paradigm” to get the mentally ill off the streets and into treatment, with up to 12,000 people expected to benefit, the Daily Mail reported.

But only 22 people have been sent to treatment over the past four years, after a state analysis found that up to 50,000 could be eligible for the program.

The 22 court-ordered cases were among roughly 3,000 petitions filed statewide as of October. Of those, only 706 were approved, including 684 voluntary agreements that never intended the meet program’s goal, according to the Daily Mail.

Newsom has denied the report.

“CARE Court has helped THOUSANDS of Californians into care to recover — not 22. Even under the most NARROW definition (court-ordered treatment plans, which is one of many treatment outcomes), the number is 600+ and growing,” his press team tweeted.

Keep reading

Proof Positive: CA’s Homeless Industrial Complex Is Just a Giant Money-Laundering Operation

Laura Ingraham and Bill Essayli detailed new developments in California’s Homelessness Fraud and Corruption Task Force during a recent exchange focused on the state’s handling of taxpayer-funded homeless services and a growing number of criminal cases tied to misuse of public money.

Ingraham opened the discussion by pointing to the origins of the task force and its narrow focus on homelessness programs, asking why those services became the priority of the investigation.

“Back in April, you launched this task force to investigate corruption in California. You focused on homeless services. Tell us why. This might be just the tip of the fraud iceberg here,” Ingraham said.

Essayli explained that his background as both a former prosecutor in Los Angeles and a former state legislator shaped his decision to examine homelessness spending, particularly given the scale of public investment and the lack of measurable improvement.

“Yeah, Laura, remember, before I was the prosecutor here in LA, I was in the legislature. Over the last five years, California spent $24 billion on homelessness, and it only got worse. So of course, the question is, where did the money go? What happened to 24 billion?” Essayli said.

He said those questions led directly to the creation of the Homelessness Fraud and Corruption Task Force. Essayli acknowledged that federal investigations require time, even as public frustration grows.

“So I launched this task force, and just quickly, I mean, federal investigations do take time. I know the public wants action. It takes time to put these cases together,” he said.

Keep reading

REPORT: $236 Million Gavin Newsom Program to Help the Mentally Ill Has Helped Only 22 People in Four Years

A $236 million program heralded by California Governor Gavin Newsom that was intended to help get mentally ill people off the street has helped a whopping 22 people in four years, according to new reports.

That sounds about right for Newsom. Wouldn’t you like to know how much the people who ran this program were paid?

It’s fascinating how California keeps throwing massive amounts of cash at their homeless problem and the problem just keeps growing, while lots of people get wealthy by running these programs.

The New York Post reports:

Gavin Newsom shoots down claim $236M program for California’s mentally ill has helped just 22 people in four years

California Governor Gavin Newsom’s $236 million program to help those with severe mental illness who bounce between homelessness and jail has helped a measly 22 people since the its launch in 2022, a new report reveals.

Newsom’s CARE Court was billed as a “completely new paradigm” to get the mentally ill off the streets and into treatment, with up to 12,000 people expected to benefit, the Daily Mail reported.

But only 22 people have been sent to treatment over the past four years, after a state analysis found that up to 50,000 could be eligible for the program.

The 22 court-ordered cases were among roughly 3,000 petitions filed statewide as of October. Of those, only 706 were approved, including 684 voluntary agreements that never intended the meet program’s goal, according to the Daily Mail.

Newsom has denied the report.

Keep reading

Newsom Adds Menopause Funding to California Budget After Public Criticism From Halle Berry

California Gov. Gavin Newsom has added millions of dollars for menopause-related health services to the state budget following public criticism from actress Halle Berry, who recently faulted him for vetoing legislation aimed at expanding menopause care coverage, as reported by The New York Post.

In his newly unveiled budget, Newsom included $3.4 million in funding dedicated to menopause and perimenopause services within California’s roughly $350 billion spending plan.

The funding was included without public fanfare and appears as a line item in budget documents.

According to those documents, the allocation includes $3 million from the state’s general fund, along with “$391,000 Managed Care Fund ongoing, to support health care coverage for perimenopause and menopause, including enrollee access to care, provider education, and a statewide public awareness campaign.”

The move follows criticism Berry delivered onstage weeks earlier, where she took direct aim at Newsom for vetoing menopause-related legislation in consecutive years.

“Back in my great state of California, my very own governor, Gavin Newsom, has vetoed our menopause bill, not one, but two years in a row,” Berry said.

“But that’s OK, because he’s not going to be governor forever, and the way he has overlooked women, half the population, by devaluing us, he probably should not be our next president either. Just saying.”

Keep reading

Prosecutor Calls Newsom ‘King Of Fraud’ For Oversight Failures

U.S. First Assistant Attorney Bill Essayli Thursday called California Gov. Gavin Newsom “the king of fraud,” accusing him of a lack of oversight on spending to address homelessness.

Essayli made the comments on the “Fox and Friends” telecast, during which he discussed the federal fraud charges that were filed in October against real estate executives Steven Taylor and Cody Holmes for allegedly misusing grant money meant for homeless housing.

Holmes, 31, of Beverly Hills was charged with mail fraud charge that was allegedly linked to millions of dollars in grant money that the state paid Shangri-La Industries to purchase, build and operate homeless housing in Thousand Oaks, just north of Los Angeles. Holmes was Shangri-La’s chief financial officer.

Taylor, 44, of Brentwood, was charged with seven counts of bank fraud, one count of aggravated identity theft and one count of money laundering.

Essayli Thursday said the charges are the “tip of the iceberg” in an investigation he launched with a task force in April. He said more charges would be coming, probably later this month.

The state spent $24 billion in the last five years to address homelessness and can’t account for where the money went, Essayli said on “Fox and Friends.”

President Donald Trump on Tuesday on X said,  “California, under Governor Gavin Newscum, is more corrupt than Minnesota, if that’s possible??? The Fraud investigation of California has begun.”

Newsom’s press office fired back on X. It called Trump a liar and noted Newsom has “BLOCKED $125 billion in fraud, arrested criminal parasites leaching off of taxpayers, and protected taxpayers from the exact kind of scam artists Trump celebrates, excuses, and pardons.”

The Center Square reached out Thursday afternoon to the governor’s office, but did not get a response.

When The Center Square asked the White House Thursday about Newsom, the press office pointed to Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt’s comments during a press briefing on Wednesday. Leavitt told reporters that Trump has directed all agencies to look at federal spending programs “in not just Minnesota, but also in the state of California, to identify fraud and to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, all those who have committed it.”

Keep reading