No, Democrats, Trump Didn’t Kill Drug Research — Here’s What Actually Happened at the NIH

Democrats are up in arms, accusing President Trump and the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) of gutting drug research funding.

Social media is flooded with dramatic claims—photos of sick children, stories of desperate patients—each suggesting that Trump has cut off their last hope. The truth, however, is far less dramatic.

The Trump administration has indeed pushed aggressive cost-cutting across federal agencies, including the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which funds a large share of America’s drug research. But contrary to the headlines, there’s no blanket halt on medical research—far from it.

Studies continue under other federal programs and through robust private funding, supporting everything from cancer breakthroughs to rare disease therapies.

What the administration has done is implement targeted policies—like capping overhead costs and temporarily pausing some grant reviews—that have caused confusion, delays, and loud complaints from researchers and critics, but they haven’t shut down research altogether.

Here’s the real story: In February 2025, the NIH proposed capping “indirect costs”—expenses like lab maintenance and utilities—at 15%, down from the usual 27–30%.

That move would cut about $4 billion annually from the $9 billion typically allocated for such costs within the NIH’s $35 billion grant budget (based on 2023 figures, adjusted slightly for 2025).

Universities and hospitals quickly sounded the alarm, warning of layoffs and stalled projects. Then, on March 5, 2025, a federal judge in Boston issued a nationwide injunction, blocking the cuts after 22 Democratic-led states and research groups filed suit, citing bipartisan legislation that protects NIH funding.

As of April 3, the proposed cap remains tied up in court—no reductions have taken effect.

Meanwhile, shortly after Trump’s inauguration, the NIH temporarily froze most grant-review meetings, stalling roughly $1.5 billion in new research funding (Nature, February 2025).

This wasn’t a budget cut—it was a bureaucratic slowdown triggered by new oversight protocols.

Keep reading

Ohio newspaper edits black state lawmaker who sponsored anti-DEI bill out of photo of law signing

An Ohio newspaper has been accused of cropping out a black Republican state lawmaker from a group photo that had been taken during the signing of a bill to eliminate diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at the state’s public colleges and universities. Rep. Josh Williams (R-Sylvania Township) sponsored the House version of SB1, the Enact Advance Ohio Higher Education Act, which was signed into law by Gov. Mike DeWine last month. Williams had posed for a photo alongside his colleagues, all of whom were white, during the bill’s signing.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer has been accused of deliberately cropping Rep. Williams out of the image in its report, sparking significant outrage. Williams, who made history as the first black Republican elected to the Ohio House, has said the publication pushed “propaganda” to fit a false narrative and demanded the outlet issue a correction and public apology.

“This is just another example of fake news mainstream media changing the facts to fit their narrative in an attempt to lie to Ohioans,” Williams told Ohio News. “I was at that event, and for the Cleveland Plan Dealer to deliberately crop me out of the while while using it to discuss the elimination of DEI in higher education is dishonest and manipulative. I call on them to issue a public apology and correction of the public record. Ohioans deserve the truth, not carefully edited propaganda.”

The Cleveland Plain Dealer had featured the edited image along with unfavorable reporting on the state’s decision to eliminate DEI programs, a decision defined by lawmakers as racial discrimination and “deliberate media bias.” Williams’ Republican colleagues also expressed outrage over the matter.

Rep. Gary Click (R-Vickery) demanded an apology, saying, “The utter audacity to publicly discriminate against a black lawmaker when discussing DEI is atrocious! Rep. Williams deserves a very public apology from the Cleveland Plain Dealer without delay and without excuse.”

Rep. Ron Ferguson (R-Wintersville) added that the paper deliberately decided to push a false narrative. “Legacy media is dying because they can’t resist the opportunity to spin reality,” he said. “Cutting out Rep. Williams, who was an instrumental part of passing SB1, is a prime example of the never-ending spin.”

Keep reading

CNN’s Abby Phillip Lies About Elon Musk and Social Security, Gets Corrected by Former Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker

During a segment on CNN about the state’s Supreme Court election this week, Abby Phillip straight up lied, claiming that Elon Musk and DOGE were targeting Social Security.

Former Wisconsin governor, Republican Scott Walker, was on the show, and he jumped in to correct her in real time, pointing out that Musk specifically said he was NOT targeting Social Security.

Phillip was basically just parroting false Democrat talking points, as so many people in the media do on a regular basis.

FOX News reports:

CNN host spars with former Wisconsin governor on the claim Musk said he would cut Social Security

CNN’s Abby Phillip and former Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker got into a heated argument over her claim Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) head Elon Musk talked about cutting Social Security and Medicaid benefits at a recent town hall event.

During a segment on “CNN NewsNight” Tuesday night, Phillip referenced Musk holding an event in Green Bay, Wisconsin, over the weekend ahead of a closely watched state Supreme Court election. She claimed that at the town hall he “talked about cutting Medicaid and Social Security through DOGE.”

“Actually, he never talked about that. He explicitly said in Green Bay he would not cut Social Security. That’s exactly what he said,” Walker pushed back.

“Well, he talked at his rallies,” Phillip said.

“No, no. Other people said that,” Walker argued. “But I was there. I watched him. He did not say he was going to cut Medicaid.”

Keep reading

SICK! Planned Parenthood Distributes Adult Coloring Books to Children at Kentucky Science Center, Says it was a Mistake After Claiming “False” Incident was a “Coordinated Attempt to Stir Outrage and Manufacture Controversy”

Planned Parenthood is once again under fire after handing out coloring books with pages containing breasts, a female uterus, and male genitals to children, lying about the incident, then claiming it was a mistake.

The March 21 controversy at the Kentucky Science Center involved a group of over 400 eight to 13-year-old children from local middle and elementary schools.

The center said in a social media post Wednesday,

We sincerely apologize for the distribution of a Planned Parenthood coloring book at our recent Health & Wellness Days event. Planned Parenthood provided this material without our consent and it does not reflect our policies or the intended content for the event.

We deeply regret the harm this caused. We are taking immediate steps to ensure that all materials distributed at our events are thoroughly reviewed in advance and this partner is no longer welcome at the Science Center.

However, according to WDRB, “Planned Parenthood disputes the coloring book was distributed at all, calling the claims ‘false’ and ‘part of a coordinated attempt to stir outrage and manufacture controversy.’”

Keep reading

MSNBC host forced to apologize live on-air over false Tulsi Gabbard claims

MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle was forced to apologize to Tulsi Gabbard after falsely claiming the Director of National Intelligence praised the ‘good friendship’ between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.

Appearing on her 11th Hour show on Tuesday, Ruhle delivered the apology live on air after repeating what Gabbard’s office called ‘literal fake news’ during the previous episode.

‘Last night we reported on excerpts of an interview between the Director of National Intelligence, Tulsi Gabbard, and an Indian TV news network in which she said that Trump was good friends with a world leader,’ Ruhle said.

‘We said that world leader was Vladimir Putin. The full interview shows that Gabbard was referring to Trump and Indian Prime Minister Modi. We’ve cleared that up.’

Guest host Ali Velshi made a similar apology during an episode of The Last Word. 

Their apologies followed the Associated Press deleting ‘erroneous reporting’ in a story by David Klepper titled: ‘Gabbard Says Trump and Putin are “Very Good Friends” Focused on Strengthening Ties’.

The report was changed to remove the false statement with the editor’s note: ‘This story was updated on Mar. 17, 2025, to delete erroneous reporting that U.S. Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard said President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin “are very good friends”.’ 

‘Gabbard was actually talking about Trump and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi,’ the outlet has since added to the bottom of the article. 

The headline has since been changed to: ‘Gabbard says Trump is “looking forward to success” ahead of talk with Putin.’ 

Keep reading

Trump Declares War on Fake News: Says Media’s Biased Coverage is ‘ILLEGALLY’ Swaying Judges Rulings and ‘MUST BE STOPPED’

President Donald Trump has fired a blistering warning shot at the mainstream media, declaring CNN, MSNBC (or, as he calls them, MSDNC), and other leftist outlets as “corrupt” and “illegal” for their blatant propaganda designed to manipulate public perception and, even worse, sway judicial rulings.

For years, the mainstream media has colluded with the radical left to paint a distorted reality where Trump is the villain and their corrupt Democrat allies are the heroes. Viewers who rely on cable news across the globe are being fed this manipulated reality, and the consequences are dangerous.

Speaking in a rare address at the Department of Justice, Trump did not hold back, laying out the case against the so-called “news” networks that operate more like the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party than actual journalism.

“I believe that CNN and MSDNC, who literally write 97.6% bad about me, are political arms of the Democrat Party. And in my opinion, they’re really corrupt, and they’re illegal. What they do is—it’s legal,” Trump said, leaving no room for interpretation.

“It makes no difference how big a victory I had. I can have the biggest victory in history. It makes no difference what a failure the other side has—these people are going to go after me…

He went further, declaring that the media’s deliberate distortion of the truth is swaying judicial rulings, making fair trials impossible in America.

“These networks and these newspapers are really no different than a highly paid political operative, and it has to stop. It has to be illegal.

“It’s influencing judges, and it’s really changing the law. And it just cannot be legal. I don’t believe it’s legal. And they do it in total coordination with each other,” Trump said.

Keep reading

President Trump Spanks NBC ‘Reporter’ When Media Hack Pushes Garbage Report About an Alleged ‘Fight’ Between Elon Musk and Marco Rubio

President Trump has responded to the corporate media’s latest attempt to humiliate the Trump administration and tear apart the MAGA nation.

As The Gateway Pundit reported earlier, the far-left New York Times dropped a report on Friday claiming that Secretary of State Marco Rubio and Elon Musk engaged in a shouting match during a private White House Cabinet meeting on Thursday.

The “reporting” comes from Jonathan Swan and Maggie Haberman, two of the Times’ biggest Trump haters. The alleged verbal brawl ended when Trump stepped in to defend Rubio and set the record straight on the administration’s priorities.

Mediaite, another leftist outlet, described it as a “knock-down, drag-out fight.”

Keep reading

CNN Embarrasses Itself Yet Again: Trump Was Right About Transgender Mice Studies

CNN went on a fact-checking frenzy after Trump’s Tuesday night speech to a joint session of Congress, but they forgot to do one thing: check the facts. In one of the epic diatribes of the address, the president lambasted the waste in the federal government that has been uncovered by the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) and pointed out many of the most ridiculous examples—including transgender studies on mice.

Trump:

Just listen to some of the appalling waste we have already identified: $22 billion from HHS to provide free housing and cars for illegal aliens, $45 million for diversity, equity and inclusion scholarships in Burma, $40 million to improve the social and economic inclusion of sedentary migrants. Nobody knows what that is. $8 million to promote LGBTQ+ in the African nation of Lesotho, which nobody has ever heard of, $60 million for indigenous peoples and Afro-Colombian empowerment in Central America. $60 million. $8 million for making mice transgender. [Laughter.]

This is real.

Well, it didn’t take long for CNN to get their knickers in a twist and try to trip up the president, but they failed badly:

CNN’s Deidre McPhillips initially tried to dispute the claim, arguing only about $500,000 had been allocated for similar research in monkeys — she was later forced to issue a correction after the White House proved CNN’s “fact check” inaccurate in a statement

Keep reading

Young Girl Whose Suicide the Media Blamed on Bullying About Family Being Deported Told Friends She Was Being Molested by Relative

The 11-year-old girl whose tragic suicide was splashed all over the media because she was allegedly bullied about her family potentially being deported by the Trump administration confided in friends that a relative was sexually abusing her.

The mother of Jocelynn Rojo Carranza participated in multiple interviews where she explained, in Spanish, that her daughter killed herself because she was being told by bullies that her family would be deported and she would be left all alone.

“The kids said because your family is Hispanic, that they were going to call ICE so her parents could be taken away and she would be left alone,” Marbella Carranza told Univision.

The Gainesville Independent School District confirmed that the girl was the target of bullies, at least one of whom was disciplined for their behavior. The district has not released details about what happened or what was said.

Carranza was found unresponsive at her home in Gainesville, Texas, on February 3 and she died in the hospital five days later.

Keep reading

NBC News Settles $30M ‘Mass Hysterectomy’ Defamation Suit Against MSNBC Stars

Far-left NBC News has settled a $30 million defamation case filed after its MSNBC all-star team falsely accused a doctor of performing “mass hysterectomies” at a Georgia immigration detention center.

Back in June, Judge Lisa Godbey Wood ruled that Dr. Mahendra Amin’s defamation suit against NBCUniversal could proceed to trial. Judge Wood wrote that:

Multiple statements are verifiably false. The undisputed evidence has established that: (1) there were no mass hysterectomies or high numbers of hysterectomies at the facility; (2) Dr. Amin performed only two hysterectomies on female detainees from the ICDC; and (3) Dr. Amin is not a “uterus collector.” The Court must look to each of the statements in the context of the entire broadcast or social media post to assess the construction placed upon it by the average viewer. Doing so, the undisputed evidence establishes that multiple NBC statements are false.

Viewed in their entirety, the September 15, 2020 episodes of Deadline: White HouseAll In With Chris Hayes, and The Rachel Maddow Show accuse Plaintiff of performing mass hysterectomies on detainee women. It does not matter that NBC did not make these accusations directly, but only republished the whistleblower letter’s allegations. If accusations against a plaintiff are “based entirely on hearsay,” “[t]he fact that the charges made were based upon hearsay in no manner relieves the defendant of liability.

So, we are talking about Chris Hayes, Rachel Maddow, Nicolle Wallace; not to mention the layers and layers of legendary fact-checkers that the capital “J” journalists at NBC News employ.

Look at the date, y’all: September 15, 2020… This lie was fabricated out of whole cloth by NBC News to interfere in a presidential election that was only weeks away. Early voting had already begun in a number of swing states. This shit network knew exactly what it was doing.

Keep reading