So, Is That Why the Washington Post Isn’t Covering DC’s Raw Sewage Nightmare?

It’s a total s**t show in Washington, DC. For those not following, four weeks ago, an underground sewage line failed, and the Potomac, which is already disgusting, has been flooded with hundreds of millions of gallons of human waste. If it hasn’t taken the title, it will soon for being the worst wastewater spill in US history. 

To boot, it won’t be fixed for another 10 months. It should be covered, in The Washington Post of all places, but it isn’t. Maybe that’s because there’s a Joe Biden connection: the CEO and general manager of DC Water is David L. Gadis, who the former braindead president picked to serve on the National Infrastructure Advisory Council to “serve with distinction as the sole expert on the Council from the wastewater utilities sector” in 2022.

DC Water says the underground sewer line that burst and began spewing wastewater into the Potomac River four weeks ago could take another 10 months to repair. 

Although DC Water crews continue to successfully divert the majority of the sewage away from the river, officials say more than 240 million gallons of sewage has made its way into the Potomac. 

In the latest spillover, a mass of flushed wipes clogged the utility company’s temporary pumps, releasing an additional 600,000 gallons of sewage water into the Potomac. 

“The risk of flow entering the Potomac River exists until we can get the flow back into the Potomac Interceptor. Right now, it’s bypassed through the C&O Canal and then routed back into the Potomac Interceptor,” DC Water COO Matthew Brown said. 

“And so that is our goal. That is what we are working towards. And there are people on site 24 hours a day working to make this happen,” he said. 

Brown is the first high-level DC Water official to have spoken publicly about the incident. 

Keep reading

WaPo Journalist Fired For Justifying Charlie Kirk’s Killing Calls New Firings at Paper Akin to ‘Colonial Press Censorship’

Karen Attiah didn’t stick around to get fired this week by The Washington Post. She’d already been dismissed, for cause, and a good one: She’d effectively spent the period following Charlie Kirk’s assassination in September taking quotes wildly out of context to effectively justify the murder.

You probably haven’t heard much from Attiah unless you’re a real devotee of hers or of Bluesky, the ersatz X alternative for people who can’t handle opinions that aren’t their own.

She posts quite freely over there, and she had some thoughts about the layoffs this week at her former paper: specifically, they’re all part of the white colonialism baked into the free press from before America was founded!

As for the Post employees not fired for cause: The paper announced earlier this week that it was slashing a third of its workforce and cutting entire sections, including sports, in a major shake-up.

While the paper’s financials aren’t publicly aired due to the fact that it’s a private concern — owned by Jeff Bezos — reports are that it lost $100 million alone in 2023, about 40 percent of the paper’s estimated value.

Furthermore, competitors like The New York Times have made a successful transition to covering news and being a general lifestyle outlet, while niche publications like Politico and The Hill have sucked up much of the Capitol Hill staffer/political junkie audience the paper used to garner.

In mid-2024, publisher Will Lewis fired executive editor Sally Buzbee and replaced her with Matt Murray, and warned staff that their product wasn’t influential or widely read. This caused much discord but apparently, no real change in direction, either politically or in the quality of the paper.

Whether or not the “firings will continue until standards improve” approach will work is anyone’s guess, although I don’t know anyone outside the liberal media sphere who believes Wednesday’s move made the Post any less readable or valuable.

Inside that sphere, however, there was much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth, and even gnashing of hands and wringing of teeth. That’s how upset everyone was that Jeff Bezos wasn’t running the Post as if it were a charity cause — which would make it one of the least successful charities in Washington, it must be noted, and that’s an accomplishment.

There were no shortage of bad takes on this, particularly from former Post employees. However, Attiah’s is really something to behold, for more reasons than one.

Keep reading

DELUSIONAL: Former Washington Post Editor Suggests Paper’s Problems Come From Going Too Soft on Trump

The total meltdown of the left over the recent layoffs at the Washington Post continue to prove that the media class just doesn’t get what’s happening.

On PBS, they brought on former Washington Post executive editor Marty Baron to analyze the paper’s problems. To hear Baron tell it, the paper’s problem is that they just haven’t been hard enough on Trump, which is laughable.

Over the last decade, the paper has gone from being just plainly liberal to downright bonkers. They have embraced and promoted every anti-Trump story they could, no matter how unfounded. They destroyed their own reputation.

Transcript via NewsBusters:

BARON: And then I think he really became — took a real turn after it looked like Trump was going to be elected president yet again. And that was in 2024. And 11 days before the presidential election in 2024, they killed an editorial for — that was endorsing Kamala Harris. He said the paper wouldn’t endorse ever again for president.

And hundreds of thousands of subscribers canceled at that time, aggravating the financial problems that they had. Subsequent to that, he did all sorts of things that made things even worse, appearing at the inauguration on the stage with Donald Trump, buying the Melania so-called documentary for an exorbitant price, buying the right — Amazon buying the rights to The Apprentice.

And Amazon had bought the rights to Melania’s documentary as well. And then completely changing the opinion pages so that essentially they have no columnists who are really left of center. And they’re very deferential to Trump. And I think they lack a moral core.

And so all of that has driven subscribers away. And so for every subscriber that they get coming in through the front door because of the high-quality news coverage, I think they’re losing maybe two subscribers out the back door. Of course, I don’t know the numbers exactly, but clearly they have been losing a lot of subscribers.

Keep reading

Magistrate Judge Blocks FBI From Accessing Devices Seized From Washington Post Reporter Who Obtained Illegally Leaked Information From Pentagon Contractor

A federal magistrate judge on Wednesday blocked the FBI from accessing devices seized from the Washington Post reporter who obtained illegally leaked information from a Pentagon contractor.

Among the items seized from Natanson: 2 silver MacBook Pros and a Pink iPhone.

As previously reported, the FBI raided the home of a Washington Post reporter who obtained classified and illegally leaked information from a Pentagon contractor.

Feds executed a search warrant at the Alexandria, Virginia, home of WaPo reporter Hannah Natanson earlier this month as part of an investigation into a Maryland system administrator who has a top security clearance.

The FBI seized Natanson’s cell phone, two laptops (one personal and one work-related), and a Garmin watch.

Natanson is not the subject of the investigation.

According to The Washington Post, Natanson was at home at the time of the raid.

The contractor who stashed the classified documents at his home, Aurelio Perez-Lugones, is currently in jail.

FBI agents reportedly found classified intelligence reports in Perez-Lugones’ lunchbox and basement.

According to The Washington Post, Natanson was at home at the time of the raid.

The contractor who stashed the classified documents at his home, Aurelio Perez-Lugones, is currently in jail.

FBI agents reportedly found classified intelligence reports in Perez-Lugones’ lunchbox and basement.

Attorney General Pam Bondi said the search was conducted at the Pentagon’s request.

Keep reading

FBI Raids WaPo Reporter’s Home In Classified Docs Case

The FBI executed a search warrant on the home of Washington Post reporter Hannah Natanson as part of a probe into “a government contractor accused of illegally retaining classified government materials,” the paper announced Wednesday. 

Natanson, was at her Virginia home when the agency showed up with a warrant. According to the outlet, “law enforcement was investigating Aurelio Perez-Lugones, a system administrator in Maryland who has a top secret security clearance and has been accused of accessing and taking home classified intelligence reports that were found in his lunchbox and his basement.” The journalist’s home and devices were search. 

According to her X bio, Natanson covers “the Trump administration’s reshaping of the government and its effects.”

Perez-Lugones is a US citizen who was born in Miami and now resides in Laurel, Maryland according to the FBI’s criminal complaint. He has been a government contractor since 2002 and holds top secret security clearance

According to the complaint, at least one document found in Pererz-Lugones’ basement was related to national defense. WaPo reports that Natanson has been part of its most sensitive coverage in the 2nd Trump administration. She told WaPo that the FBI seized a phone and a Garmin watch. 

According to AG Pam Bondi: “his past week, at the request of the Department of War, the Department of Justice and FBI executed a search warrant at the home of a Washington Post journalist who was obtaining and reporting classified and illegally leaked information from a Pentagon contractor. ” 

Keep reading

The Washington Post’s ‘Analysis’ Of The Minneapolis Shooting Is Pure Propaganda

Don’t believe your lying eyes.

That’s effectively what the hoax-peddling Washington Post told its readers when it ran what can only be surmised as the most dishonest piece of left-wing propaganda published (so far) this year.

Splattered across the top of the outlet’s homepage on Thursday was an ” analysis” titled, “Video shows ICE agent in Minneapolis fired at driver as vehicle veered past him.” (An earlier version of the article had the headline, “ICE agent was not in the vehicle’s path when he fired at driver, video shows.”)

Right from the get-go, it’s clear that make-pretend “reporters” Aaron Davis and Jonathan Baran aren’t trying to inform their audience of what actually happened but are instead seeking to advance the Democrat Party’s anti-ICE agenda.

Upon navigating the Orwellian article, readers are immediately bombarded with the presumption that the Trump administration’s central (and well-documented) claim — that the now-deceased woman disobeyed ICE and then hit an agent with her car — is false. In typical legacy media fashion, Davis and Baran play up such framing by asserting that their “frame-by-frame analysis” “raises questions” about the administration’s account of the incident.

“The SUV did move toward the ICE agent as he stood in front of it. But the agent was able to move out of the way and fire at least two of three shots from the side of the vehicle as it veered past him, according to the analysis,” the propaganda-style article reads.

The authors then take readers on a trip through different video frames of the moment in question, in which they even call into question the documented fact that the agent was hit by the suspect’s vehicle. With little hesitation, they write, “Videos examined by The Post, including one shared on Truth Social by Trump, do not clearly show whether the agent is struck or how close the front of the vehicle comes to striking him.”

Really? Readers are supposed to believe that?

Keep reading

WaPo Defends Data Centers—With Few Disclosures That Amazon Depends on Them

US electricity prices, you may have noticed, keep going up. And in some parts of the country, like here in the DC region, they’re soaring. In Virginia, for example, electricity rates are up 13% this year, an issue Democrats highlighted as they swept back into power in Richmond earlier this month.

Burgeoning electric bills also factored into Democrats’ November wins in New Jersey and Georgia. But let’s stick with Virginia for a moment, where energy-sucking data centers are so plentiful that if northern Virginia’s DC suburbs were to secede, the new country would have more data center capacity than China.

As a result of these data centers, this new country would likely suffer from crippling electric bills. “Wholesale electricity [now] costs as much as 267% more than it did five years ago in areas near data centers. That’s being passed on to customers,” read a recent Bloomberg subhead.

Keep reading

WaPo’s Latest ICE Lie Is So Bad the Official DHS X Account Asks ‘How Do You People Sleep at Night,’ Then Tears the School Teacher Story Apart Point by Point

The media’s portrayal of Immigration and Customs Enforcement is only going to make their job more dangerous than it already is.

The Department of Homeland Security caught the Washington Post telling an absolutely egregious lie about ICE agents who were hunting down an illegal alien. They replied to the Post’s story via social media platform X to correct the record for all to see.

On Wednesday, the outlet posted a link to a story about a teacher arrested by ICE at a daycare in Chicago, Rayito de Sol, which is both a daycare and immersion school. The Post tried to paint the occasion as evil ICE officers striking fear into the hearts of young children and parents as they barged in, apprehending a woman who apparently had a work permit but was taken into custody anyway.

How could these agents do such a thing?

How could they just haul away someone a parent of a child at the school called, “a wonderful person, a mother, an excellent community member.”

Well, according to DHS, they did not.

Keep reading

Washington Post: Some Democrats Now ‘Growing Anxious’ About What a Zohran Mamdani Victory Will Mean for Their Party

A new report from the Washington Post claims that some Democrats are getting nervous about what a win for Zohran Mamdani in New York City would mean for their party in the long term. They are not alone.

Even Bill Maher expressed concerns about this on his show last Friday night.

The Democratic Socialist (communist) candidate has very little experience and has promised the moon and more to his loyal supporters. Rank and file Democrats, who have fought the ‘socialist’ label for years, now realize that there will be no escape from that in the future if Mamdani wins and becomes the face of the party.

The Washington Post piece is behind a paywall, but FOX News has some details:

‘Democrats are nervous’ about potential Zohran Mamdani victory, new report warns

A report from The Washington Post Tuesday warned that “Democrats are nervous” about New York City mayoral candidate Zohran Mamdani, as the 34-year-old democratic socialist’s momentum continues ahead of the election.

“In New York, Zohran Mamdani is on the verge of taking democratic socialism to new heights if he wins election as mayor of the nation’s most populous city,” wrote The Post’s Sabrina Rodriguez. “Outside New York, some Democrats are growing anxious.”

The headline read, “A democratic socialist is poised to become New York mayor. Democrats are nervous.”

The report contains quotes from numerous Democrats expressing their concerns over what Mamdani’s potential win could mean for the Democratic Party’s image and how it could reinforce Republicans’ claims that Democrats aim to usher in socialism.

“It’s one thing for Republicans to use absurd attacks calling Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi socialists to scare voters,” Fernand Amandi, a longtime Democratic strategist, told The Post. “It’s another thing to use an actual socialist to scare voters about the Democrats being the party of socialists, and that’s the concern about Mamdani.”

Mamdani was recently caught in a lie about a family member who was supposedly afraid to ride the NYC subway after 9/11 because of Islamophobia.

He has also worked very hard to erase his own anti-police record, but keeps getting tripped up on that as well.

Keep reading

Putin aide accuses WaPo of ‘truth distortion’

Russian presidential aide Kirill Dmitriev has accused the Washington Post of “truth distortion” over a quote wrongly attributed to him, and demanded the outlet apologize.

In an article on Saturday about Ukrainian leader Vladimir Zelensky’s visit to the US, the outlet suggested that a recent phone call between Russian President Vladimir Putin and his US counterpart, Donald Trump, shifted Washington’s stance on the Ukraine conflict.

The Washington Post cited Dmitriev as saying: “Zelensky’s tour summed up in one sentence: Putin outmaneuvered everyone again.” It claimed that Dmitriev made the remark on Telegram.

In a post on X on Saturday, Dmitriev expressed outrage that the line – which he had reposted from another news channel – was attributed to him.

“Another eye-opening case of truth distortion from the fake @washingtonpost,” he wrote. “I reposted a post from a Telegram channel – yet your article attributed those quotes to me. That’s like blaming users for retweets.”

Dmitriev demanded that the outlet correct the attribution immediately, issue an apology, and launch an internal probe.

Later in the day, the outlet issued a correction, admitting that a previous version of its article had “incorrectly attributed” the quote to Dmitriev. The presidential aide thanked the WaPo on X for acknowledging the error, but asked the paper to issue a formal apology and publish both the apology and the correction “in the next print edition.”

Keep reading