Seven years ago man told family he was going for a walk in Kentucky woods and vanished…until now

Human remains found by a stream have been identified as a missing Tennessee man who vanished nearly seven years ago after telling family he was going for a walk.

William Cross, 29, disappeared after being dropped off on Williamsburg Street in Whitley, Kentucky, on May 18, 2018, just 30 miles from his Scott County, Tennessee home.

He was last heard from that night when he told a family member that he was walking in the woods, reported WVLT.

‘The call disconnected, and Cross was not seen alive or heard from thereafter,’ his missing persons bulletin obtained by WATE said.

In October 2023, a Kentucky teenager made the grisly discovery of partial human remains while hiking through a wooded area off of Sweeney Drive in Revelo, reported the McCreary Journal.

The McCreary County Sheriff’s Office was notified of the discovery and began searching the area.

With the help of members of Southeast Search and Rescue, Inc. (SSR, Inc.) and their tools and a cadaver dog, additional human remains were located.

The remains were collected sent for examination. However, they were not identified as Cross until March 21.

Keep reading

Horror as four American soldiers ‘are found dead’ after vanishing during training exercise in Lithuania

Four US Army soldiers have reportedly been found dead the day after they were reported missing during a training exercise in Lithuania. 

The four servicemen, who have not been identified by authorities, were with the 1st Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division. 

Early reports indicate that the soldiers may have been traveling in an M88 recovery vehicle, one of the largest armored vehicles used by the US military, which may have fallen into a body of water. 

The soldiers had been reported missing at around 4:45pm Tuesday following a training exercise near Pabrade, Lithuania, sparking a widespread search conducted by the US Army and Lithuanian authorities. 

The soldiers were reportedly carrying out a tactical training routine at the General Silvestras Žukauskas training ground in Pabradė, which is less than six miles from the border with Belarus. 

The Lithuanian Armed Forces said Wednesday that they had identified a ‘possible location’ of the missing soldiers and their vehicle. 

The military said in a statement that ‘a search and rescue operation is underway, led by the Lithuanian Armed Forces, with additional capabilities from the Fire Protection and Rescue Department and other institutions.’ 

Officials have not offered any details regarding how the soldiers or their vehicle went missing nor the manner of their reported deaths.  

Keep reading

British influencer, 29, is fighting for her life in South Korea after mysteriously being found unconscious with organ failure

A British influencer is fighting for life in a South Korean hospital after mysteriously being found unconscious in her apartment with a black eye and severe dehydration.

Content creator Ashley Surcombe, 29, was found by police who broke in, after her worried parents Nigel and Karen contacted them via a friend, when she failed to reply to messages and calls.

Paramedics rushed her to hospital, and she is currently in the intensive care unit of a hospital in Seoul suffering from severe dehydration and multiple organ failure.

Ashley – who has been living in South Korea for five years – is originally from Evesham and her distraught father has flown out to be by her bedside.

She was found on Monday after a friend of the family contacted police on their behalf, and officers entered her apartment and found her on the bathroom floor.

There were no signs of a forced entry and Ashley lived on her own.

Worried sister Kat Surcombe, 33, an aerospace engineer said: ‘We just don’t know what happened and we are trying to find out exactly, but it’s been difficult, and we have had to rely on contacts out there.

‘She was found unresponsive and unconscious on the floor; she didn’t have any broken bones, but she was severely dehydrated and has major organ failure.

‘About a week ago she told us she she hit her head against the door and got a nasty bruise on her eye.

‘Her blood sugar levels are very low and when we spoke with her on Saturday, she seemed confused, and you could barely see her lips she was so dehydrated.

‘We were supposed to speak with her at 8pm on Sunday (Korean time) but she never answered, and we didn’t get any response from messages so that’s when we called police through a friend of my dad who has contacts out there.

‘When they heard back that she was in hospital it was just horrible as we felt so helpless and so far away.’

Ashley is well known as a content creator in the UK and has over a million followers across her social media pages.

Ashley – who is fluent in Korean – had been planning to travel across the country and Southeast Asia and write up her experiences for her social media.

But the plan has now been put on hold as there is no indication as to when she may be released, and her family are now having to deal with spiralling hospital bills as Ashley’s insurance had expired.

Kat explained that an ICU stay is £1,500 a day and once stabilised that will drop to £500 plus tests including X rays, blood tests and scans have cost £100,00.

Keep reading

Mysterious questions surrounding Yankees star’s son’s death at Costa Rica resort

Mystery continues to surround the death of the teenage son of New York Yankees champion Brett Gardner who passed away at a luxury Costa Rican resort last week.

Miller Gardner, 14, is believed to have died by asphyxia ‘after a possible intoxication’ from ingesting contaminated food, local officials told NBC News.

The teen was tragically found dead on Friday morning in his room at the Arenas Del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort, in Manuel Antonio.

Other members of his family had also fallen ill during the trip, Brett Gardner and his wife Jessica shared in announcing their son’s death, which they added has left them with ‘so many questions.’

An autopsy and a toxicology report for the young Gardner are pending and it could take several weeks before his cause of death is officially confirmed.

A spokesperson for the Arenas Del Mar resort told DailyMail.com the hotel fully cooperating with the investigation and is determined too get to the bottom of what caused this tragedy.

Asphyxiation occurs when a person is unable to get enough oxygen in their body, which can cause fainting and death. 

Common causes include allergies, drowning, or airway blockage by food or vomit, and typical symptoms include difficulty breathing, loss of consciousness and the inability to speak. 

Food intoxication – or food poisoning – can often lead to asphyxiation, particularly if a sufferer is sleeping.   

Keep reading

Pentagon ‘still mystified’ as drone drama deepens

Objects exhibiting advanced technology continue to fly with complete impunity over sensitive military installations and critical infrastructure. Despite the Pentagon’s advanced imaging and sensor capabilities, the nature, purpose and origin of these enigmatic craft are unknown, raising an array of pressing national security concerns.

In interviews with “60 Minutes” earlier this month, two recently retired four-star Air Force generals and the Air Force commander overseeing North American airspace defense begrudgingly admitted that the “drones” that loitered in dramatic fashion over key military assets in recent years remain a confounding mystery.

Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.), chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, told “60 Minutes” that, despite being “privy to classified briefings at the highest level,” the “Pentagon and the national security advisers are still mystified” by the repeated incursions.

Notably, the objects are impervious to electronic jamming efforts, indicating that they are not off-the-shelf hobbyist drones.

On their face, these incidents pose an alarming intelligence and espionage risk. In the most brazen incidents in recent years, the unknown craft displayed bright flashing lights as they hovered over sensitive facilities and assets.

Such conspicuous tactics are the opposite of basic intelligence collection tradecraft, which calls for stealth. Once exposed, any foreign surveillance operation is not only at risk of compromise, but of sparking a major geopolitical crisis.

Despite this, “dozens” of unknown, brightly illuminated objects hovered and flew with complete impunity over a critical Air Force base for 17 nights in 2023. Ditto for a series of audacious incursions over sensitive American military bases in the United Kingdom last year. In those incidents, witnesses reported dozens of brightly-lit craft “hovering” and exhibiting extreme performance characteristics while evading detection and multiple advanced counter-drone systems.

These enigmatic craft also demonstrate baffling flight dynamics that surpass any known technologies. For several months in 2019, for example, objects with bright flashing lights swarmed some of the Navy’s most advanced warships off the coast of southern California, often well over 100 miles offshore.

In the most detailed publicly available footage of one of these craft, the perplexed crew of the USS Omaha watched their infrared video display as a spherical object moved against strong winds before descending slowly into the ocean. The sphere was one of many “drones” tracked on radar swarming their ship that evening. Meanwhile, sailors positioned outside on the ship’s deck recorded multiple objects with bright flashing lights hovering and maneuvering around the Omaha.

Keep reading

Archaeologists Claim They Have Found a ‘Vast Underground City’ Underneath Egypt’s Giza Pyramids

Archaeologists believe they have uncovered evidence of a massive underground city lying beneath Egypt’s famous Giza pyramids.

Researchers from Italy and Scotland used advanced radar technology to produce detailed images from deep below the surface, revealing possible hidden structures 10 times the size of the pyramids themselves.

The report highlights eight distinct vertical, cylinder-shaped formations stretching over 2,100 feet beneath the pyramids, along with a series of additional unidentified structures located another 4,000 feet further down.

However, some experts remain skeptical of the claim, insisting that such a feat would be structurally impossible.

Mail Online reported:

Professor Lawrence Conyers, a radar expert at the University of Denver who focuses on archaeology, told DailyMail.com that it is not possible for the technology to penetrate that deeply into the ground, making the idea of an underground city ‘a huge exaggeration.’

Professor Conyers said it is conceivable there are small structures, such as shafts and chambers, beneath the pyramids that existed before they were built because the site was ‘special to ancient people.’

He highlighted how ‘the Mayans and other people in ancient Mesoamerica often built pyramids on top of the entrances of caves or caverns that had ceremonial meaning to them.’

The work by Corrado Malanga, from Italy’s University of Pisa, and Filippo Biondi with the University of Strathclyde in Scotland has only been released during an in-person  briefing in Italy this week and is yet to be published in a scientific journal, where it would need to be analyzed by independent experts.

Keep reading

Mystery as missing Ukrainian model, 20, is found ‘close to death’ by the side of a road in Dubai ‘with her spine, arms and legs broken after hotel party’

Maria Kovalchuk, who was 20 this month, had been missing for eight days after telling friends she had been invited to a party at a hotel on March 9.

She was set to attend the event ‘with two men who introduced themselves as representatives of the modelling business,’ according to several Ukrainian media reports.

The model told her mother, Anna, that she would be staying with these representatives for the night, but she subsequently disappeared.

Maria had booked a flight to Thailand that departed Dubai on March 11, but did not turn up at the airport. 

Anna and concerned friends then contacted local authorities who launched a search for Maria and opened an investigation, but she remained missing for several days.

On March 19, ten days after she first went missing, a battered and bloodied Maria was found dumped at a roadside in Dubai with her limbs and spine broken, according to Russian outlets Shot and Life

Maria was rushed to hospital, and according to her mother underwent three surgeries to save her life, before later receiving a fourth procedure. 

She remains in a critical condition and is reportedly unable to speak. 

Friends and family hope she is able to make a full recovery to talk about her ordeal and explain what happened. 

Speaking to Ukrainian media earlier this week, Anna said: ‘There is an assumption that she went to a party. But the promoter who organized these parties did not see her. 

‘Today Masha was found in the hospital in serious condition. 

‘She has no documents, no phone, nothing. She has undergone three operations. And she cannot speak.

Maria’s friend, Russian model Angelina Doroshenkova, 31, said: ‘We all hope for the best and are very grateful to everyone who took part in the search and helped with information.’

She was spending time with Maria in Dubai and was reportedly invited to the same party on March 9, but ultimately decided to return to Russia days before. 

Keep reading

The Phoenix Lights: 28 years later, the mystery endures

On the night of March 13, 1997, thousands of Arizonans looked up and saw something they couldn’t explain—a massive, V-shaped formation of lights hovering in the sky.

Twenty-eight years later, the Phoenix Lights remain one of the most infamous UFO sightings in U.S. history, fueling speculation, debate, and ongoing scientific curiosity.

Among those who witnessed the phenomenon firsthand was Dr. Lynne Kitei, a former medical professional who was so profoundly impacted that she left her career in medicine to study the lights full-time.

“They have become the most witnessed, the most documented, the most anomalous aerial sighting in modern history, if not all of history,” said Kitei, founder of the Phoenix Lights Network.

Kitei recalls the day vividly, describing how two lower orbs appeared to hover motionlessly.

“It was just bizarre. Again, I’m a healthy skeptic, but I was seeing something that was so extraordinary.”

While some, like Kitei, are convinced that the lights were something beyond our current understanding, others believe there is a more earthly explanation.

Chris Impey, an astronomy professor at the University of Arizona, points out that the southwest sees an unusually high UFO reports—coinciding with the region’s large number of Air Force bases, frequent military flights, and clear skies.

“You know, the Southwest generates a lot of UFO sightings, and it’s not coincidental,” Impey explained. He says he tends to believe the more conventional theory that the Phoenix Lights could have been A-10 aircraft flying in a chevron formation, followed by military flares.

And sometimes, he adds, people may just be seeing the planet Venus.

“After sunset, you’ll see it low on the horizon, and with atmospheric effects, it might look like it’s moving or hovering. That’s a classic UFO sighting.”

Kitei, however, remains unconvinced.

“The impact it made on the witnesses themselves is so compelling,” she said. “It cannot be explained.”

Keep reading

New Gene Hackman mystery as wife’s doctor claims: She called me 24 hours AFTER police say she died

Mystery grew over the death of Gene Hackman‘s wife Betsy last night after a doctor revealed she had called his private clinic 24 hours after police claim she died.

The Santa Fe medical examiner claimed a post-mortem examination showed Betsy died of hantavirus, a rare rat-borne respiratory disease, on February 11 – a full week before her Oscar-winning husband died of heart failure combined with Alzheimer’s disease.

But last night Dr Josiah Child, a former emergency care specialist who now runs Cloudberry Health in Santa Fe, New Mexico, told The Mail on Sunday: ‘Mrs Hackman didn’t die on February 11 because she called my clinic on February 12.

‘She’d called me a couple of weeks before her death to ask about getting an echocardiogram [heart scan] for her husband. She was not a patient of mine, but one of my patients recommended Cloudberry to her. She made an appointment for herself for February 12. It was for something unrelated to anything respiratory.’

He added that two days before she was due to see him, she cancelled her appointment, saying her husband was not well.

Dr Child said: ‘She called back on the morning of February 12 and spoke to one of our doctors who told her to come in that afternoon.

‘We made her an appointment but she never showed up. She did not show any symptoms of respiratory distress. The appointment wasn’t for anything related to hantavirus. We tried calling her a couple of times with no reply.’

The doctor’s revelation that Mrs Hackman could have been alive for at least a day longer than the coroner has claimed casts further mystery over her death.

The 65-year-old was found on the bathroom floor of the couple’s isolated Santa Fe home surrounded by pills with her husband on the floor of a utility room 20ft away.

Keep reading

Did the Behavioral Health Industry have Insider Knowledge About the Trump Assassination Attempt in Butler, PA?

AbleChild has been closely following the FBI investigation into the parents of Thomas Crooks, the 20-year-old dead suspect in the attempted assassination of President Trump at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, July 13, 2024. Despite no lawsuits or legal actions filed against the Crooks family, the parents have retained Quinn Logue, a high-profile Pittsburgh law firm, raising questions about their involvement and prompting President Trump to call for deeper scrutiny. The FBI is investigating whether Matthew and Mary Crooks had prior knowledge of their son’s plans. How is that going?

AbleChild sees troubling parallels between this case and past mass shootings, including the Sandy Hook, Newtown, Connecticut killings in 2012. In Sandy Hook, AbleChild was asked by a local mother to investigate whether Adam Lanza was on psychiatric drugs. Despite suing Connecticut’s Chief Medical Examiner for Lanza’s mental health and toxicology records, AbleChild was unable to obtain the release due to financial limitations. The mental health records have never been fully released. The investigation revealed disturbing patterns: Dr. Paul Fox, one of Lanza’s psychiatrists, fled to New Zealand shortly after surrendering his medical license in the U.S. amid allegations of sexual misconduct with a teenage patient. AbleChild has long raised concerns that the behavioral health industry may have helped Fox leave the country to avoid scrutiny. He continued practicing psychiatry in New Zealand until media exposure forced him to resign and return to the U.S., where he was later arrested by Homeland Security for sexual assault. AbleChild played a vital role in pushing for his arrest.

These patterns—missing toxicology reports, autopsy delays, corrupted crime scenes, and lack of evidence transparency—are eerily similar to the Butler investigation. Such failures allow major players in the behavioral health and psychiatric drug industry to avoid accountability while shifting blame elsewhere. These industries often exploit tragedies to demand more funding or push agendas like restricting gun rights. President Trump should really take a closer look at the upcoming spending bill and the shocking amount of money allocated to the behavioral health industry despite their failed mental health outcomes. They just might be key players in the assassination attempt to kill him.

Keep reading