Nancy’s golden goodbye: Outgoing House speaker Pelosi raises maximum wage for staff in lower house of Congress by $38,000 to $212,000

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has decreed that Congress will once again raise its stiff salary cap for staffers – this time, to an eyewatering $212,100.

Pelosi – whose second stint as House Speaker began in 2019 – announced the change Friday, in what very well could be her last acts before being replaced in the now-Republican-dominated chamber.

It also serves as the third time the 82-year-old San Francisco official raised the maximum salary for House staff – to $199,300 last year and again in May to $203,700 to maintain parity with lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

That said, the raise – which pertains to staffers in the lower chamber – now puts the new top-possible salary for aides at $38,000 more than what Senate staffers make themselves. 

In a statement, Pelosi, who is unlikely to continue her term as speaker come Sunday now that Republicans have regained control over the House, revealed the change for the New Year, and detailed her reasoning behind the substantial hike.

Keep reading

Paul Pelosi exercises up to $5 million in Google call options ahead of stock ban bill unveiling

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul Pelosi, exercised call options on $1 million to $5 million worth of stock for Alphabet Inc., Google’s parent company, as legislation was being drafted to ban Capitol Hill lawmakers and immediate family members from purchasing individual stocks, according to House document dated Oct. 14.

The transaction date of the House’s Periodic Transaction Report is Sept. 16. At that time, several different stock ban bills had been proposed in the House. The House Democratic leadership’s version was rolled out about one week after Pelosi, a wealth investor, exercised his call options.

A call option is a financial contract that gives the buyer the option, but not the obligation, to buy a stock, bond, commodity or other asset.

Speaker Pelosi ultimately did not put the stock ban legislation up for a vote before the House recess began. 

Keep reading

‘For all we know he was some sort of sex slave’: Son of Paul Pelosi’s alleged attacker says his father is not evil, believes in human rights and is ‘hardly a right-wing conservative’

The man accused of breaking into House Speaker Nancy Pelosi‘s home and battering her elderly husband with a hammer has suffered a traumatic life full of abuse, his son has told DailyMail.com exclusively.

‘There is ‘almost no person on this planet that has gone through so much suffering,’ Nebosvod ‘Sky’ Gonzalez said. ‘If you look into his eyes, you can see he’s such a sad person.

‘He isn’t a danger to society, I don’t even know if he even attacked Mr. Pelosi. For all that we know he was some sort of sex slave, as Elon Musk pointed out.’

DePape, 42, is due in court in San Francisco Wednesday for an arraignment on state charges including attempted murder, first-degree residential burglary, elder abuse, assault with a deadly weapon, and threatening family members of public officials in connection with the October 28 attack on Paul Pelosi, 82.

He has also been charged in federal court. 

Keep reading

NBC: Body Cam Footage Shows Paul Pelosi Opened Door For Police Before Alleged Attack

The official narrative on the Paul Pelosi attack purported by Democrats and the mainstream media makes zero sense.  You don’t have to be a “conspiracy theorist” to recognize there were multiple contradictory accounts from the Department of Justice vs. local police and even some reports from journalists.

In fact, NBC suspended one of its own correspondents, Miguel Almaguer, after he reported that on the night of the supposed attack at the Pelosi home in San Francisco that Paul Pelosi actually opened the door when police knocked, seemingly in normal health, and then walked away from the officers to talk to the alleged assailant David Depape, when Depape attacked him.  This report led many to suggest that Pelosi and Depape somehow knew each other. 

A media firestorm ensued along with denials from the DOJ, which detailed a completely different version of events in which the police officers opened the door themselves and found Pelosi struggling with Depape who had injured him with a hammer.  NBC dropped Almaguer after many called his report “bizarre.” 

As it turns out, Miguel Almaguer was right.  NBC now reports that police body cam footage has been made available to some media outlets and the footage clearly shows Paul Pelosi opening the door for police in seemingly perfect health.  This contradicts the DOJ report on the attack and suggests a potential cover-up. 

Keep reading

ICE says San Fran sheriff denied request to speak to illegal immigrant accused of attacking Pelosi

Federal officials this week appeared to rebuke a local California sheriff for allegedly denying a federal agent access to the illegal immigrant who reportedly attacked Paul Pelosi last month.

The San Francisco Sheriff’s Department this month told local news media that on Oct. 31  an unidentified individual “pretended to be a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent” in order to gain access to alleged Pelosi attacker David DePape.

Yet an ICE official this week told Fox News that the agency had indeed sent an agent to speak to DePape and that the agent in question presented full identification while there. 

“The officer identified herself and presented her government issued credentials bearing her photo, name, position and organization,” the official told the news network. “[San Francisco County Jail] denied the DO’s request to interview DePape.”

Keep reading

NBC suspends correspondent after retracting his story on Paul Pelosi attack, report

NBC News has reportedly suspended national correspondent Michael Almaguer over a story the news outlet retracted about the assault of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul Pelosi. 

Almaguer’s apparent suspension, first reported by The Daily Beast, comes after NBC said it retracted the reporter’s Nov. 4 story on Pelosi “because it did not meet NBC News reporting standards.”

Citing “sources,” Almaguer reported that police arrived at the Pelosis’ San Francisco home the day of the attack and Paul Pelosi opened the door for the first responders.

“The 82-year-old did not immediately declare an emergency or try to leave his home but instead began walking several feet back into the foyer toward the assailant and away from police,” Almaguer said. 

His report seems to contradict police and prosecutors’ claims and spurred conspiracy theories.

Keep reading

Paul Pelosi Attack Suspect Indicted by Federal Grand Jury: DOJ

The Canadian national who allegedly attacked the husband of U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi with a hammer in the Pelosis’ home was indicted (pdf) on Nov. 9 by a federal grand jury, the Department of Justice (DOJ) said.

David DePape, 42, was “charged with one count of assault upon an immediate family member of a U.S. official with the intent to retaliate against the official on account of the performance of official duties,” the DOJ said in a statement. “He is also charged with one count of attempted kidnapping of a U.S. official on account of the performance of official duties.”

Federal officials last week confirmed to The Epoch Times that DePape was in the United States illegally, having overstayed his visa after he initially entered the country in 2000. The DOJ statement didn’t mention DePape’s immigration status and referred to him as a “California man.”

If convicted, DePape faces up to 30 years in prison on the alleged assault count and 20 years in prison for the attempted kidnapping count. He also faces a number of state charges, including attempted murder, for which he has pleaded not guilty.

He remained held on Nov. 10 in the San Francisco County jail without bail ahead of a Dec. 14 preliminary hearing on the local charges, according to the Mercury News. No court date has been set for the federal charges.

The indictment stated that two police officers arrived at the Pelosis’ San Francisco home early on Oct. 28 to see DePape and Paul Pelosi struggling over a hammer. When officers told the two to drop it, DePape allegedly got control of the hammer and hit Pelosi in the head, fracturing his skull.

The officers, according to court papers, then restrained the suspect while Pelosi remained on the ground.

“As set forth in the indictment, once DePape was restrained, officers secured a roll of tape, white rope, a second hammer, a pair of rubber and cloth gloves, and zip ties from the crime scene, where officers also observed a broken glass door to the back porch,” the DOJ said in its statement.

Keep reading

THAT’S WEIRD? California Officials REFUSE to Allow Paul Pelosi’s Attacker David DePape to Be Interviewed by ICE

ICE officials are not allowed to talk to illegal alien David DePape.  They are being blocked by California officials.

Jon Feere, a former senior advisor, COS, Customs and Immigration Enforcement (ICE), posted this on his Twitter account on Sunday.

FYI: Sources in ICE tell me that San Francisco is not allowing officers to interview Paul Pelosi’s attacker, David DePape; i.e., Dems and SFPD are siding with the alleged attacker. ICE routinely interviews jailed aliens to determine appropriate next steps, background, etc.

DHS’s statements on DePape have been short and vague, likely because ICE hasn’t had a chance to talk with him. The Sheriff SF has a pro-criminal alien policy (SFSD 2-39) that blocks DHS and ICE from interviewing jailed illegal aliens. (Pages 271-77)

Why are California politicians Gavin Newsom, Kamala Harris, and Speaker Pelosi okay with DePape being shielded from DHS? Is DHS Secretary Mayorkas not trying to get access, happily siding with the criminal alien instead of his own employees? What might ICE learn from an interview?

Earlier this year while speaking at the Conference of Mayors, Secretary Mayorkas claimed he would ask cities to “reconsider” their non-cooperation with ICE. Seems this would be a good opportunity, but he’s remained quiet.

Keep reading

Police Refuse to Release Mugshot of Pelosi Hammer Attack Suspect

San Francisco authorities are refusing to release the mugshot of David DePape, the suspect arrested in the Oct. 28 hammer attack of Paul Pelosi, husband of U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-California).

City police as well as the county sheriff’s office both denied The Epoch Times’ emailed requests for the mugshot of DePape, 42.

An initial request was sent to the San Francisco County Sheriff’s Office, which operates the jail where DePape is being held. An officer replied: “We do not own the rights to mugshots;” San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) does.

The SFPD public information officer, Officer Nicole Pacchetti, told The Epoch Times: “Under the current circumstances we do not release mugshots of the suspect.”

Although police across the United States routinely release mugshots of arrested suspects, San Francisco Police Chief William Scott announced in 2020 that he would no longer release mugshots “except in circumstances where their release is necessary to warn the public of imminent danger or to enlist the public’s assistance in locating individuals, including at-risk persons.”

At the time, the chief cited research showing that widespread publication of mugshots “fosters racial bias and vastly overstates the propensity of black and brown men to engage in criminal behavior.” Scott also said that refusing to release mugshots reinforces a cornerstone of American jurisprudence: “innocent until proven guilty.”

Keep reading

NBC Report Contradicts Federal Charging Statement in Paul Pelosi Attack – And Paul Pelosi’s Actions

An NBC News report Friday morning contradicts details in the federal charging papers against David DePape, 42, about the attack one week ago on Paul Pelosi, the 82-year-old husband of Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), at the couple’s San Francisco home. Pelosi was released from the hospital Thursday and returned home where he faces a long recovery from injuries from the hammer attack that required skull surgery and also seriously injured his right arm and hands.

DePape, an illegal alien from Canada, faces state and federal charges and is being held without bail and has an ICE detainer. DePape reportedly confessed to breaking into the Pelosi home with plans to hold Nancy Pelosi hostage and break her kneecaps. He allegedly tried to take Paul Pelosi hostage instead when told she was not home. Police report DePape had two hammers, zip ties and tape.

NBC reporter Miguel Almaguer reported on the Today Show that accused attacker David DePape and Paul Pelosi were alone in the Pelosi home for thirty minutes, that Paul Pelosi answered the door and did not tell police he needed help and try to leave the house but instead walked away and back to DePape while DePape told police who asked “what’s going on?”, “Everything is good.” It was then that Pelosi and DePape were seen wrestling over the hammer. Police intervened after Pelosi was struck in the head and knocked unconscious.

Almaguer did not note those details contradict the official narrative.

Keep reading