Murder suspect who killed himself in jail, linked to disappearance of TV anchor, was ‘possible serial killer’: sheriff

An EMT who died by suicide in his jail cell and was named a person of interest in the disappearance of a TV anchor was found responsible for the 2006 killing of a Wisconsin woman, according to authorities, who suspect he may have been a serial killer.

Christopher Revak, who killed himself in 2009 inside a Missouri jail cell, would be charged with the murder of 21-year-old Deidre Harm if he were still alive, according to a letter posted on Facebook from Wood County District Attorney Jonathan Barnett.

“I consider this case closed,” Barnett wrote.

“I believe I had enough to charge and, if Mr. Revak were still alive, win at trial,” he said in the memorandum.

Harm, a single mother in Wisconsin Rapids, disappeared on June 10, 2006, after going out to a bar with her friends.

Revak, a former EMT and Wisconsin native, had been visiting family in the area when the young mother vanished, authorities said.

Her remains were found five months later in a wooded area five miles away from the bars downtown.

“This may provide some closure for many, but won’t bring Deidre back,” the Wood County Sheriff’s Office and Wisconsin Rapids Police said in a joint statement.

“Our thoughts and prayers will always be with Deidre’s family.”

Revak died by suicide in his jail cell in July 2009, only one day after being charged with second-degree murder for the death of mom of three Rene Williams.

Williams, 26, was last seen in a Missouri watering hole where she worked as a bartender. Revak had also been in the bar that evening, FOX 9 reported.

Keep reading

Is THIS Amelia Earhart’s missing plane? Expedition this month will finally confirm if the ‘Taraia Object’ in a lagoon on Nikumaroro Island is her Lockheed Electra 10E

In just a month’s time, one of the greatest modern mysteries could finally be solved – the disappearance of Amelia Earhart. 

Scientists are about to embark on an ambitious expedition to Nikumaroro, a five-mile-long island in the western Pacific Ocean. 

There, they will investigate the Taraia Object, a ‘visual anomaly’ in a lagoon that they think could be Earhart’s missing Lockheed Electra 10E plane.

Amelia Earhart was flying the aircraft with navigator Fred Noonan when it vanished near Howland Island on July 2, 1937. 

At the time, she was attempting to become the first woman to complete a circumnavigational flight of the globe. 

What exactly went wrong, and where her plane landed, has been a mystery ever since – but experts think they’re on the verge of finally solving it. 

Richard Pettigrew, executive director of the Archaeological Legacy Institute (ALI), is part of the expedition team traveling to Nikumaroro Island. 

‘Finding Amelia Earhart’s Electra aircraft would be the discovery of a lifetime,’ he said. 

Keep reading

Inside the mystery of missing Wyoming WWII airman’s B-17 bomber after it’s found in the jungle after 82 YEARS

Hidden in a remote, moss-covered mountain forest lay the remains of a World War II hero for 82 years, until loggers discovered his B-17 bomber by chance.

Sgt. Thomas L. Cotner, from Casper, Wyoming, was a Silver Star recipient during World War II. In September of 1942, Cotner, aboard a B-17 Bomber on a night mission in Rabaul, Japan, was never heard from again until researcher Justin Taylan identified the hero in New Guinea, according to the Cowboy State Daily.

Cotner served as a radio operator and gunner during his service and was a member of the notorious 30th Squadron of the 19th Bombardment.

He was on a mission to destroy the Vunakanau Airfield with the secondary target of Lakunai Airfield.

Three hundred and sixty-seven anti-aircraft weapons defended the area, and Allied intelligence referred to it as ‘the most heavily defended target in the South-West Pacific Area,’ according to pacificwrecks.com.

Cortner and seven other Flying Fortresses left from Mareeba Airfield, each armed with four 500-pound bombs.

‘The weather was extremely bad with rain, lightning and thunderstorms and no moon,’ according to mission records found by the outlet.

Each bomber flew individually in radio silence, but the weather was so catastrophic that only two of the seven reached the target.

Taylan said to the source: ‘This plane was never heard from after takeoff. We know now, based on where it crashed, that it reached the target and likely bombed and probably was lost returning from the mission in bad weather.’

Cotner’s hometown paper broke the news of his disappearance in October of that year: ‘Word was received in Casper on Monday night from the War Department that Sergeant Tom Stoutenberg, son of Mr. and Mrs. Emma Stoutenberg, is reported missing in action since September 16th. No details were contained in the message.’

For more than eight decades, Cotner and the missing bomber plane remained a mystery until a logging company cutting down trees in the mountains of New Britain Island discovered the plane by accident while building a road.

‘This plane was discovered by accident and some pictures were posted online. I saw them and realized, ‘Oh my God, this is an American airplane. It’s a B-17.” said Taylan to the outlet.

The site of the crash was high up in the mossy mountain forest, where Taylan said that, although the climate is tropical, the elevation of the area causes a person’s breath to form condensation from the chill.

Taylan learned about the mysterious wreckage while researching a separate missing incident in Papua New Guinea in 2023.

Keep reading

Now Trump demands release of Amelia Earhart files and says world must know fate of missing aviator

Donald Trump has demanded the release of any classified government files on the missing aviator Amelia Earhart.

Earhart disappeared over the Pacific Ocean while attempting to become the first female aviator to successfully circumnavigate the world in 1937. 

Ongoing investigations into a possible crash site have continued to keep the story alive in the public imagination, but no trace of Earhart has ever been found. 

Trump said it’s an ‘interesting story’ that has ‘captivated millions.’ He said people have asked him whether he’d consider declassifying and making public everything the government has on her. 

‘She was an Aviation Pioneer, the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean, and achieved many other Aviation `firsts,´’ he wrote on his social media site. 

‘She disappeared in the South Pacific while trying to become the first woman to fly around the World.

‘Amelia made it almost three quarters around the World before she suddenly, and without notice, vanished, never to be seen again,’ he continued. 

‘Her disappearance, almost 90 years ago, has captivated millions. I am ordering my Administration to declassify and release all Government Records related to Amelia Earhart, her final trip, and everything else about her.’

Keep reading

Where is Lance Twiggs? Kirk Assassin’s Transgender Lover Has Vanished

Charlie Kirk assassin Tyler Robinson lived with his transgender partner – a male-to-female trans named Lance “Luna” Twiggs.

The FBI used Robinson’s texts with his transgender partner to solidify that Robinson was the assassin. Lance Twiggs has not been charged with any crime; however, federal authorities are still investigating.

Last week, Utah authorities released the text exchange between Tyler Robinson and his transgender lover, Lance Twiggs, sent shortly after Kirk’s assassination.

Utah County District Attorney Jeff Gray announced seven charges against Charlie Kirk assassin Tyler Robinson. They will also be seeking the death penalty.

Robinson was charged with:

– Count 1: Aggravated murder (capital offense)
– Count 2: Felony reckless discharge of a firearm causing bodily injury
– Count 3: Felony obstruction of justice for hiding the firearm
– Count 4: Felony obstruction of justice for discarding the clothing he wore during the shooting
– Count 5: Witness tampering for asking roommate to delete incriminating messages
– Count 6: Witness temperating for demanding trans roommate stay silent, and not speak to police
– Count 7: Commission of a violent offense in the presence of a child

Jeff Gray released the chilling texts between Tyler Robinson and his “love” Lance Twiggs.

Keep reading

Bodies found in Mexico may be missing Colombian musicians

Mexican authorities have recovered two bodies that match the description of the Colombian musicians reported missing a week ago in the country, the prosecutor’s office in the state of Mexico said on Monday.

Forensic tests were underway to obtain official confirmation of the identities of the deceased, the prosecutor’s office said.

Earlier on Monday, Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum said that local authorities were investigating the whereabouts of reggaeton artist Bayron Sanchez, known as B-King, and Jorge Herrera, a DJ who performed under the name Regio Clown, after Colombian President Gustavo Petro requested Sheinbaum’s aid in locating them.

In a social media post on Monday afternoon, Petro appeared to confirm the musicians’ deaths by sharing a news article saying their bodies were found, blaming an “international mafia” that he said had been strengthened by the “war on drugs.”

“More young people killed by an anti-drug policy that is not an anti-drug policy,” Petro wrote.

On Sunday, the prosecutor’s office in Mexico City, which borders the state of Mexico, said the two artists were last seen on September 16 in Polanco, a high-end neighborhood in the Mexican capital.

Keep reading

Eerie final message daughter sent her mom before vanishing on road trip

A frantic search for a Florida woman is underway after she sent an eerie last message to her mom before vanishing on a road trip in California.

Ganna Kovrizhnykh, 38, lost contact with her family on July 5 while on a cross-country road trip near Potrero, near the border with Mexico

Kovrizhnykh, who also goes by the name Angel Volnaya, was reported missing on July 12 by a friend, according to the San Diego Sheriff’s Office

The Florida native left her mother an eerie final message including a photograph of a letter and GPS coordinates from Potrero. 

The letter told her mother to take possession of her personal assets, according to a National Missing and Unidentified Persons System post.

One week later, Kovrizhnykh’s Jeep Grand Cherokee and camper trailer were found abandoned in Potrero. 

‘We believe she was just kind of touring the country and she left her vehicle in Potrero and never came back to her vehicle,’ Sergeant Jacob Klepach told KNSD. 

‘We don’t really have any belief one way or another at this point if there is foul play involved or if she just strictly voluntarily left.’

Keep reading

Up To 37% Of Circulating Bitcoin May Be Lost Forever In Silent Supply Shock

While Bitcoin’s fixed 21 million coin cap was designed to counteract fiat inflation and mirror gold’s scarcity, a massive pool of permanently lost coins further tightens supply.

Estimates from on-chain analyses suggest that between 2.3 million and an incredible 7.8 million BTC (roughly between 11—37% of total supply), may have vanished forever, trapped in lost wallets, forgotten keys, or in addresses abandoned due to unexpected deaths. These ‘zombie’ or ‘ghost’ coins then effectively reduce Bitcoin’s effective circulating supply from the current 19.9 million to as low as a range of 12.1—17.6 million BTC.

A Donation to Everyone

As well as intensifying Bitcoin’s existing inherent scarcity, coins that permanently vanish boost the true value of all remaining Bitcoins. As Satoshi Nakamoto, Bitcoin’s pseudonymous creator/creators, stated in a foresightful observation in April 2010 in a post on the BitcoinTalk forum: “Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.

The lost coin range estimate (2.3—7.8 million) also comfortably exceeds the combined total of Bitcoin ETF and corporate treasury holdings which together total approximately 2.2 million BTC, a point rarely highlighted by a mainstream financial media fixated on the latest Blackrock Bitcoin ETF inflows and [Micro]Strategy’s latest BTC purchases.

No Keys, No Coins

Bitcoin’s rarity is thus magnified by these permanent losses, as the lost coin supply shock increases the value of every remaining coin, in contrast to traditional centralised assets such as stocks or bonds, In Bitcoin, there is no safety net. Once access is gone, the coins are effectively removed from circulation.

With a self-custodial architecture of ‘be your own bank’ but on an immutable blockchain, any lost and inaccessible coins on the Bitcoin network remain visible but untouchable. There is no bank and no bailout – only the owner and their private keys.

The familiar warning about exchange-held BTC of “not your keys, not your coins” now becomes the even more dramatic “no keys, no coins” in the off-exchange world.

Bitcoin relies on private keys (unique 256-bit cryptographic strings) to control and transfer ownership between addresses. Forgotten passwords, lost seed phrases, overwritten files, corrupted drives, or discarded hardware all result in irreversible inaccessibility.

Real-World Losses

Real-world cases highlight the dramatic scale and drama of lost Bitcoin. In 2013, the now infamous Welsh IT engineer James Howells accidentally discarded a hard drive containing private keys to 8,000 BTC in a landfill, worth roughly USD 900mn at current prices. But local city council rulings about environmental regulations prevent the obsessed Howells from launching a search for the lost hard drive.

Stefan Thomas, former Ripple CTO, lost access to 7,002 BTC (circa USD 777mn today) after forgetting his IronKey hard drive password, which locks permanently after 10 failed guesses. In January 2021, with two attempts left, Thomas described to the New York Times his repeated, desperate, and unsuccessful efforts to regain access.

Deaths also contribute to Bitcoin inaccessibility when holders die without succession plans. Gerald Cotten, CEO of Canadian crypto exchange QuadrigaCX, allegedly died in 2018 without revealing how to access USD 190mn in client funds, which included substantial Bitcoin holdings.

Romanian early Bitcoin miner Mircea Popescu drowned off a Costa Rica beach in 2021, widely rumoured to have left up to 1 million BTC inaccessible. (potentially worth USD 111bn). While the size of Popescu’s BTC holdings is unproven, he was known to have had sizeable holdings.

And then there’s Bitcoin’s creator, Satoshi Nakamoto, who pulled his own vanishing act in April 2011, leaving behind an estimated 1 million BTC mined between 2009— 2010. This Satoshi stash is now possibly ‘lost’ forever, or has been left intentionally dormant as a ‘donation’ to the network.

Keep reading

New Search for Amber Room Launched in Poland

A promising new search for the legendary lost Amber Room has launched in Poland. The effort is reportedly being spearheaded by researcher Jan Delingowski, who has spent the last ten years investigating the curious case of the ornate gold and amber paneling that was stolen from a Russian palace by Nazi forces during World War II and then subsequently went missing as the chaotic end of the conflict unfolded. While it has long been thought that the treasure was lost somewhere in Poland, countless searches for the pilfered riches have come up maddeningly short over the years. However, there is hope that this latest hunt for the Amber Room may finally solve the case at last.

Based on a tip from a former prison inmate who claimed to have gleaned insight into the treasure’s fate by a Nazi war criminal he served alongside, Delingowski’s investigation led him to a location that once served as an SS training area in the village of Dziemiany. The researcher’s work was apparently compelling enough that Polish officials signed off on an excavation of the area, which reportedly commenced on Monday. In a testament to the seriousness of the search, Delingowski has assembled a team of experts to assist in the effort, with ground-penetrating radar being used to examine the area in the hopes of pinpointing specific spots to dig.

“The probability of discovery exists,” one of the scientists working on the project told a local media outlet, “and if something valuable is found, it could become one of the greatest archaeological sensations.” One reason for such optimism is that an early examination of the area uncovered what is described as a “brick-lined underground warehouse,” seemingly designed for valuable objects and with its entrances purposely filled with dirt long ago. An additional intriguing element to the peculiar spot is that the subterranean structure was not included on any contemporaneous Nazi maps of the training ground.

Keep reading

More questions than answers as RCMP gives update on missing Nova Scotia siblings

Despite reviewing 5,000 video files and 600 public tips, the RCMP’s “intensive” investigation into the disappearance of two young Nova Scotia siblings nearly three months ago remains unsolved, according to Global News.

Lilly (6) and Jack Sullivan (4) went missing May 2 from their Lansdowne Station, Pictou County home. Mounties began a missing persons investigation the same day.

RCMP are forensically examining seized materials, including a pink blanket, found during ground and air searches. 

Daniel Robert Martell, stepfather to the missing children, confirmed it was a piece of Lilly’s blanket. “There is more evidence than what the public knows, but I can’t elaborate on any of that,” he said in a CBC interview.

RCMP spokesperson Cpl. Carlie McCann told reporters it was found outside near Lilly and Jack’s home. “Police are investigating if and how it relates to her and her brother’s disappearance.”

Volunteers and rescue officials dedicated 12,000 hours to the search, looking for the children and clues. Police scaled back the search on May 7, citing low survival odds.

Searches of surrounding areas found little evidence, save a boot print and the blanket.

Keep reading