Obama-Appointed Judge Rules ICE Can’t Re-Detain Illegal Alien Kilmar Abrego-Garcia

Obama-appointed U.S. District Judge Paula Xinis has ruled that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) cannot re-detain Kilmar Abrego-Garcia, an illegal alien from El Salvador facing human smuggling charges.

Abrego Garcia, a Salvadoran national, has long been on the radar of U.S. law enforcement for his affiliations with the notorious MS-13 gang, also known as Mara Salvatrucha.

Breitbart News reports:

The government “made one empty threat after another to remove him to countries in Africa with no real chance of success,” U.S. District Judge Paula Xinis, in Maryland, wrote in her Tuesday order. “From this, the Court easily concludes that there is no ‘good reason to believe’ removal is likely in the reasonably foreseeable future.”

Abrego Garcia has an American wife and child and has lived in Maryland for years, but he immigrated to the U.S. illegally as a teenager. In 2019, an immigration judge ruled that he could not be deported to El Salvador because he faced danger there from a gang that had threatened his family. By mistake, he was deported there anyway last year.

Facing public pressure and a court order, President Donald Trump’s administration brought him back in June, but only after securing an indictment charging him with human smuggling in Tennessee. He has pleaded not guilty. Meanwhile, Trump officials have said he cannot stay in the U.S. In court filings, officials have said they intended to deport him to Uganda, Eswatini, Ghana, and Liberia.

MS-13 is infamous for its involvement in violent crimes, including murder, extortion, and human trafficking.

Keep reading

New York Times Hit Piece On ICE Facilities’ Medical Care Is Riddled With Falsehoods, DHS Says

Ahit piece in The New York Times claiming the medical care provided at Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention centers is ‘poor’ is riddled with falsehoods, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) told The Federalist.

The New York Times on Saturday ran through several claims that several illegal aliens did not receive proper care: Aliens were forced to wait long periods of time to be “lucky enough to see a doctor,” diabetes patients did not receive regular insulin, and detainees faced various other medical care failures.

According to DHS, those claims are totally unfounded.

“These allegations of illegal aliens being denied proper medical care in ICE custody are FALSE. It is both policy and longstanding practice for aliens to receive timely and appropriate medical care from the moment they enter ICE custody,” Dr. Sean Conley, DHS chief medical officer, told The Federalist. “This includes medical, dental, women’s health and mental health services, any needed follow up medical appointments as well as  24-hour emergency care. This is better, more responsive healthcare than many aliens have ever received in their entire lives.”

The New York Times claims that medical staff at Dilley Immigration Processing Center in Texas “downplayed” the concerns Kheilin Domelis Valero Marcano and Stiven Jose Arrieta Prieto had about the medical condition of their 18-month-old daughter, Amalia Isabella Arrieta-Valero. The Biden administration released the Venezuelan family in 2024 after they entered the country illegally, according to DHS.

Marcano and Prieto claim, apparently through a lawyer, that medical staff delayed until Arrieta-Valero developed a fever that allegedly lasted 19 days and caused her to lose two pounds.

According to DHS, however, after Arrieta-Valero developed a respiratory condition, she “immediately received proper medical care and was admitted to the Methodist Children’s Hospital in San Antonio, Texas for treatment.”

She stayed at the hospital for eight days, and then a pediatrician approved her release. She was brought back to Dilley, where she received further medical monitoring and prescriptions.

Another claim in the hit piece is about Anastasiia Ekimovskaia, a 35-year-old illegal alien from Russia who entered the United States illegally on Oct. 6, 2025, who “reported no medical or mental health” concerns upon arrival at Dilley, DHS said.

The New York Times says DHS staff refused care to Ekimovskaia for hemorrhaging and bleeding “through six sanitary pads.” She was ultimately taken to a hospital, allegedly after “pleading with staff and after they demanded proof.” She showed the pads and was given a prescription that “took weeks to arrive” as “the bleeding continued.”

According to DHS, Ekimovskaia said she had side pain on Nov. 1, and disclosed a “history of kidney stones.” After consulting with the medical staff who “started appropriate treatment” and planned a future visit to revisit the situation, on Nov. 6, she sought care for “menstrual discomfort and heavy bleeding,” DHS said.

After going to Frio Regional Hospital upon referral from Dilley’s medical provider, she was “diagnosed with moderate heavy menstrual bleeding” and referred to an off-site obstetrician-gynecologist and had “multiple follow-up appointments.”

Keep reading

Outrage After Florida Teachers Union Says Children Protesting ICE is ‘Required’

It is hard to see public education in America as anything more than indoctrination factories.  The latest efforts to push a far-left agenda are unfolding in anti-ICE rhetoric and demonstrations taking place at schools across the country, spurred on by teachers and administrators.

Now, remarks by Zander Moricz, Executive Director and Founder of the Social Equity and Education (SEE) Alliance at a February 2026 press conference hosted by the Florida Education Association (FEA), Zander Moricz, Executive Director and Founder of the Social Equity and Education (SEE) Alliance, are making headlines.

Moricz suggests that children protesting ICE is ‘required.’

Moricz stated, “Florida students are confronted with videos of ICE rates, of families being torn apart, and of Americans being murdered for using their constitutional rights. They respond. They organize, they speak out, and they do what American students have always done in moments of injustice.”

“They stand together and demand safety for their peers, their families, and themselves. And that response, while framed by some politicians as radical, is rather than reasonable.”

“It’s rational, and in a moment it is required.”

“To any students being told that they do not have the right to speak out or walk out on their campus, I want to be clear. This is the United States of America. You do not shed your First Amendment rights when you step foot through the school.”

Keep reading

School-Led Anti-ICE Protests Grow Increasingly Violent, Putting Children in Danger

Students across America are increasingly being injured, arrested, and seen engaging in violence as teachers and school administrators continue to encourage children to walk out of class to mount marches off school grounds to protest Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Mexican flag-toting kids in the Chicago suburb of Aurora, for instance, erupted in violence against a lone man who had a pro-Trump flag.

A similar assault occurred in Enumclaw, Washington, during a student protest there.

Keep reading

Minneapolis anti-ICE activist group promotes ‘jury nullification training’ amid high-profile cases

A Minneapolis-based activist network is now openly advertising “jury nullification training,” raising new concerns about the integrity of jury trials in the Twin Cities.

Defend612, which seeks to support “resistance to the ICE occupation in Minneapolis,” is promoting two virtual sessions titled “The People’s Pardon or Jury Nullification,” scheduled in the coming weeks.

One event description frames the effort: “Because when systems fail to deliver justice, the people must.”

“Jury Nullification is a legal tactic has been [sic] used to protect one another from unjust laws and political persecution,” the description says. “We will learn about jury nullification — or the people’s pardon — how it’s been used, ways it can stem authoritarian overreach, and how we can use it today.”

In an email to supporters, Defend612 described the trainings as a means of “protecting our local heroes through Jury Nullification.”

From online posts to organized instruction

Jury nullification occurs when jurors vote to acquit a defendant despite believing the law was broken, often because they oppose the law itself or how it is enforced.

Last month, Alpha News reported on a Minnesota Democratic Party official urging his followers to use jury nullification in a federal case involving an assault against an immigration enforcement officer.

Nick Kruse, a former vice president of the Minnesota Young DFL and current at-large director of Stonewall DFL, wrote in a since-deleted post on X that “no one should be going to prison for defending our city against ICE.”

Kruse was referring to the federal case of Claire Louise Feng, who is accused of biting off the tip of a U.S. Border Patrol agent’s finger during a struggle in Minneapolis.

He encouraged followers to spread information about jury nullification and to “act neutral” during voir dire — the jury selection process — in order to get seated.

Keep reading

“I Want My Mommy!” – Students at Unruly Anti-ICE Walk Out Protest in Washington FREAK OUT After Learning Their Violent Actions Have Consequences

Two female students at a recent anti-ICE protest in Washington lost their minds after getting busted for their criminal actions.

Independent journalist Vivian Ivy attended a student walkout protest held at Enumclaw High School on February 13, 2026, where a group of students decided to ditch class to whine about ICE’s ongoing efforts to safeguard America from criminal illegal aliens.

The Courier Herald reported that at roughly 11:40 a.m. local time, 100 to 150 students marched out of the school and stormed across town until they ended up at City Hall.

The students were seen holding anti-ICE signs and screaming “No justice, no peace,” “No hate, no fear, immigrants are welcome here,” and “F**k ICE.”

When Ivy went to interview the youths, some of them were calm and nonviolent as they explained to her why they had ditched class.

Others, though, were quite violent. Ivy shared footage of these students throwing objects, screaming obscenities, committing assault, and fighting with police.

One of the teens punched Ivy’s friend, @DannyRebel333, in the face after the two reportedly got into a verbal confrontation. She tried to flee, but Enumclaw Police sprang into action to arrest her as she kicked and screamed.

A second girl was seen screaming and crying, “I want my mommy!” while getting taken away by authorities. She apparently piled on the officers while they tried to take her comrade away.

Other agitators could be seen swarming the police, attempting to interfere with the first arrest.

Keep reading

Teachers Union and School Districts SUE Trump Administration Over ICE

Two Minnesota school districts and the state’s largest teachers union have filed a federal lawsuit against the Trump administration, challenging a new immigration enforcement policy that allows federal agents to operate at or near schools and bus stops. 

The complaint, filed February 4 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, names the Department of Homeland Security, Secretary Kristi Noem, and subagencies including U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement as defendants.

The plaintiffs—Fridley Public Schools, Duluth Public Schools, and Education Minnesota—argue that the administration’s decision to rescind a decades-old “sensitive locations” policy has disrupted school operations across the Twin Cities region. 

They contend that enforcement activity near school grounds has reduced attendance, forced districts to expand remote learning, and diverted administrative resources.

The lawsuit seeks to reinstate restrictions that previously limited immigration enforcement at schools absent exigent circumstances or supervisory approval.

The policy change at the center of the dispute occurred in January 2025, when DHS formally revoked prior guidance that discouraged immigration arrests at schools, churches, and similar locations.

The updated directive replaced categorical restrictions with officer discretion, stating that federal agents would rely on “common sense” rather than bright-line prohibitions. 

DHS defended the move as necessary to prevent criminals from exploiting geographic safe havens to avoid apprehension.

The litigation follows “Operation Metro Surge,” a high-profile federal enforcement initiative in the Minneapolis–St. Paul metropolitan area.

As The Gateway Pundit previously reported, the operation deployed thousands of agents to address what officials described as a backlog of criminal and fraud-related investigations. 

Just days after the lawsuit, thousands of high school students across the country—including students in several Minnesota districts involved in the litigation—staged walkouts to protest ICE and call for the agency’s abolition.

Videos circulated rapidly on social media, showing coordinated demonstrations framed as acts of civic resistance. 

In some districts, students who had walked out to protest immigration enforcement are now enrolled in systems suing the very agency responsible for carrying it out.

Immigration law is written by Congress and enforced by the executive branch. The prior “sensitive locations” guidance was an internal policy, not a statute.

Its rescission does not eliminate constitutional protections, judicial warrants, or due process. Instead, it restores operational flexibility to agents tasked with enforcing federal law.

Democrats maintain that enforcement presence near schools generates fear that undermines educational stability. District officials point to funding formulas tied to attendance and argue that declines in enrollment threaten budgets.

The complaint alleges that DHS failed to provide sufficient justification for abandoning the prior policy and violated administrative rulemaking procedures under the Administrative Procedure Act.

Keep reading

Texas public schools under investigation for supporting student walkouts, ICE protests

Several Texas public schools are under state investigation for supporting thousands of student walkouts to protest federal immigration enforcement.

Many have either been taken over by the state or have planned school closures. Gov. Greg Abbott has called for schools that facilitate protests to be stripped of state funding.

Initial protests and walkouts occurred on Jan. 30 as part of a coordinated national movement disrupting classroom teaching with some students getting injured and lost. More than 10 days later, students are still protesting.

On Tuesday, dozens of students from the Houston Academy for International Studies walked out of school, chanting, “ICE off our streets.” It’s part of Houston ISD, which the state took over two years ago for failing grades, The Center Square reported. Last week, in Fort Bend ISD, a Kuwaiti student joined protests chanting, “There’s no human illegal on stolen land,” a common chant among Houston area protesters, The Houston Chronicle reported.

Dallas ISD students also walked out of class on Tuesday, chanting, “No Trump, no ICE, no fascists on our streets. “Dallas Police and Dallas ISD officers stood by,” KERA News reported.

Student protests continue after the Texas Education Agency issued guidance stating, “schools risk losing daily attendance funding if they allow or encourage students to walk out of class. Teachers that facilitate walk outs will be subject to investigation and sanction including licensure revocation. School systems that facilitate walkouts will be subject to investigation and sanction, including either the appointment of a monitor, conservator or board of managers.”

Keep reading

Minnesota Sheriff Whose Office Missed Billions in Fraud Now Attacks ICE

On Friday morning, Hennepin County Sheriff Dawanna Witt stood before reporters and expressed relief that “Operation Metro Surge” was coming to an end. 

She spoke about rebuilding trust and emphasized that her office does not conduct civil immigration enforcement, adding that “nothing has changed” in the county’s policies.

The speech was among the most inflammatory anti-ICE remarks she could have delivered. Operation Metro Surge was a federal enforcement effort launched under the direction of the Trump administration’s border team, including Border Czar Tom Homan, in response to escalating tensions and public safety concerns in Minneapolis and surrounding areas. 

The purpose was straightforward: enforce existing federal immigration law and prevent further instability. When violence threatens to spiral out of control, federal authorities have both the power and the obligation to intervene.

Instead of acknowledging that reality, Sheriff Witt framed the operation primarily as a political burden placed on her office. She spoke at length about strained relationships and eroding trust, suggesting that local law enforcement had been forced into difficult positions by federal action.

What she did not do was thank federal officers for stepping in during a volatile moment. She did not acknowledge that ICE enforces statutes written by Congress. She did not recognize that immigration enforcement is a lawful function of the executive branch, not an optional courtesy.

Minnesota has spent the past several years confronting overlapping crises of disorder and fraud. The Feeding Our Future scandal alone involved what federal prosecutors described as a $250 million scheme to exploit taxpayer-funded child nutrition programs. 

Additional investigations into Medicaid and autism services fraud revealed systemic vulnerabilities that drained public funds of well over $8 billion and embarrassed state leadership. 

These were large-scale criminal operations that flourished under the watch of state and local authorities.

Public safety is not limited to street patrols. It includes institutional competence and, above all, requires proactive enforcement and coordination across agencies. 

Yet at the very moment federal officers increased their presence to deter violence and enforce immigration law, the sheriff’s message signaled distance, not partnership.

Keep reading

Liberals battle ICE over an illegal busted with 57 pounds of meth…

At some point, you have to ask what exactly the left is fighting for.

Because when a man is caught with 57 pounds of meth, this probably isn’t the hill you should die on. Clearly, something has gone very wrong in the Democrat Party. America is drowning in drugs, and families are being ripped apart by addiction. US cities are buckling under fentanyl and meth epidemics, and yet in Minneapolis, left-wing activists showed up to physically try to block ICE from arresting an illegal caught with enough meth to poison entire communities.

This is what the left-wing “resistance” has become… fighting tooth and nail for the rights of illegal drug smugglers.

How will that look on a campaign poster?

American voters reelected President Trump on a promise to restore order, secure the border, and remove Biden’s dangerous illegals from our communities. That mandate was crystal clear. But in Minneapolis, activists decided the will of the voters doesn’t matter. Apparently, “democracy” now includes saving drug smugglers from arrest.

Keep reading