Big Sur UFO Film: Government Whistleblower Reveals He Watched It

According to two former US Air Force officers—Lieutenant Bob Jacobs and Major Florenze Mansmann—a USAF photographic team based at Vandenberg AFB, California, tasked with filming missile test launches, inadvertently captured the image of a domed, disc-shaped UFO as it circled and then disabled—with four flashes of an intense beam of light—a dummy nuclear warhead flying downrange over the Pacific Ocean. Jacobs had been in charge of the telescopic photography site located at Big Sur, California, and Mansmann was Vandenberg’s chief photographic imagery analyst.

The date of the dramatic incident was September 15, 1964. Two days later, a highly-restricted screening of the spectacular footage took place at the base—attended by Jacobs, Mansmann, and two CIA officers who immediately classified the event Top Secret. The film was then confiscated by the pair and flown “back East” for analysis and storage, according to Major Mansmann. The destination was undoubtedly the CIA’s National Photographic Interpretation Center (NPIC) which, it is now known, had already engaged in UFO photo analysis for years.

By the early 1980s, Jacobs felt that enough time had passed following the stunning UFO encounter to allow him to discuss it publicly. He has explained that, at the time of the 1964 film screening at Vandenberg, Major Mansmann had only ordered him “not to talk about” the unexpected filming of the UFO with anyone, pointedly saying that it had “never happened”. No mention was made of its Top Secret classification, for reasons that remain unclear to the former Lieutenant. Furthermore, because the two officers lost touch with each other after leaving the Air Force, 19 years passed before Mansmann was able confirm to Jacobs that the two mysterious men in civilian clothes at the screening were in fact CIA personnel.

Keep reading

If there are advanced spacecraft why would they crash?

Members of Congress have heard testimony about alleged UFO crashes and retrievals. The stories sound much like the plot of a sci-fi movie but are now being taken seriously in Washington.

The question is, if there are advanced spacecraft from beyond, why would they crash?

April 18, 1962, an unknown object entered Earth’s atmosphere over Cuba, traveled up the East Coast, and then made an abrupt 45-degree left turn at New York. It blazed across the heart of the U.S., and was pursued by military jets that could not keep up, and then landed in a small town in Utah where it knocked out electricity, locals said, before taking off again. Somewhere over east-central Nevada, it exploded in a massive fireball seen all over the west.

“It’s a fantastic case involving, not only a few hundred witnesses, thousands of witnesses saw this thing as it traveled across the United States.” UFO Investigator and author Preston Dennett said.

According to an Air Force intelligence report, one military pilot who chased the object thought it was structured, not just a fireball, and that it was gasping and sputtering as it flew. The Air Force’s infamous Project Blue Book explained it away as a meteor, despite its highly unusual maneuvers.

In the early 2000s, Las Vegas was the annual host to a UFO crash conference, where the best-known investigators shared information about dozens of similar incidents. Ryan Wood was the conference organizer and wrote a book listing more than 70 possible UFO crashes.

“The best cases are the ones where we have multiple witnesses, some physical evidence, and multiple investigations by a variety of people over a long period of time,” Wood said.

Wood admits some of the tales might be disinformation or made up. Former Army Intelligence Col. John Alexander, himself a UFO investigator, expressed glaring doubt.

“It seems inconceivable to me that this hyper-advanced technology came a trillion miles to crash in our backyard once, let alone that this stuff keeps falling down,” Alexander said.

If these are advanced craft from another galaxy or dimension or century, why would they crash here?

Keep reading

UFO reports from pilots include ‘intense’ and ‘unusual’ lights over Canada in 2023

Early on Feb. 12, 2023, at least three different flights over Quebec reported(opens in a new tab) “seeing very strange lights in the sky, high above the flight paths” that were “moving in a rapid and irregular way.”

“It looks like it’s more than one and sort of circling,” a crew member aboard a cargo flight from Chicago to Luxembourg told air traffic controllers in Canada, according to audio obtained by CTVNews.ca(opens in a new tab). “It’s a bit weird.”

CTVNews.ca has identified at least 17 reports like these from 2023 in an online aviation incident database(opens in a new tab) maintained by Transport Canada, the federal transportation department. Those reports come from across the country and involve pilots and crew with WestJet(opens in a new tab)Air France(opens in a new tab)British Airways(opens in a new tab) and more(opens in a new tab). You can read all of the reports in an exclusive interactive map(opens in a new tab).

Keep reading

Former UFO Office Director’s Opinions Draw Scrutiny on Impartiality and Investigation Handling

A recent opinion article written by Dr. Sean Kirkpatrick, the former director of the U.S. government’s Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) office, known as the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO), has prompted concerns regarding the impartiality and handling of the office under his leadership.

In the article published in Scientific American, Dr. Kirkpatrick took swipes at whistleblowers under threat from reprisals and current members of Congress currently investigating UAP.

Dr. Kirkpatrick, referring to former senior intelligence official and UAP whistleblower David Grusch, wrote:

‘Our efforts were ultimately overwhelmed by sensational but unsupported claims that ignored contradictory evidence yet captured the attention of policymakers and the public, driving legislative battles and dominating the public narrative.’

Dr. Kirkpatrick in October 2023 admitted that as director he had not spoken to Grusch about the allegations, casting doubts over his position to know whether they are unsupported. 

Grusch has lodged an official complaint with Thomas Monheim, the Intelligence Community’s Inspector General (ICIG), addressing UAP programs and the reprisals he endured. The complaint has been recognized as both credible and urgent.

That complaint was lodged in May 2022, almost two months before the AARO was stood up. 

Keep reading

THE VANISHING STAR ENIGMA AND THE 1952 WASHINGTON D.C. UFO WAVE

As we look up at the starry sky, countless celestial bodies silently peer down upon us. Most of these have been there for billions of years as stellar processes slowly unfold, starting from their birth until their final demise. Light from other celestial objects, though long vanished, has only recently reached us. In other instances, swift changes in the sky occur at timescales as short as seconds or minutes, like when a dwarf star momentarily flares up or when a human satellite crosses the field of view.

My team has been searching for objects that may have vanished. As an unexpected result of our searches, we found cases where multiple star-like objects (transients) appeared and vanished in a small image within an hour, and even more peculiarly, two of our brightest cases happened in July 1952, coinciding in time with the 1952 Washington D.C. UFO flyovers. But what have we actually found, and how do these two events potentially link to one another?

In the Vanishing & Appearing Sources during a Century of Observations (VASCO) project, our team has been dedicated to the search for celestial objects that vanished over the span of 70 years. In the grand scheme of cosmic time and the billions of years needed for a low-mass star to turn into a white dwarf, seventy years is only a fleeting moment in cosmic time. But 70 years is also much longer than the time needed for a satellite to pass through the telescope’s field of view. Our original objective was to search for a star that had vanished, with the hope of detecting instances where a star directly collapses into a black hole (failed supernova), an event predicted by supernova theoreticians. Alternatively, we were intrigued by the prospect of finding a star that vanishes entirely without a trace or explanation; a signature of a highly advanced civilization.

However, this task was far from straightforward. My colleague spent two years developing powerful methods [5] for sifting through the vast terabytes of image data involved. In parallel, we were (and still are) running a citizen science project together with scientists, amateur astronomers, and students primarily in Algeria and Nigeria, to search for these vanishing stars.

For our searches, we employed an object catalog sourced from the US Naval Observatory (USNO) together with archival images dating back to the early 1950s, captured at the Palomar Observatory in California. The images from Palomar predate the dawn of human space exploration. This night sky was pristine, and a far cry from today’s sky that is littered with tens of thousands of debris pieces from human satellites in orbits around the Earth, many producing flashes lasting fractions of a second as they reflect sunlight and tumble through space. These images we compared to the modern databases from Palomar Sky SurveyPanSTARRS, and the Gaia satellite in our quest to find disappearing objects.

We still haven’t found a single failed supernova candidate. However, our exploration has led us to a more intriguing discovery: several images where multiple star-like objects appear in a single snapshot of the sky, never to be seen again. In a specific instance [1], nine faint objects looking like stars were visible in an image captured on April 12, 1950, during a 50-minute exposure. However, they were absent in the image taken just 30 minutes earlier and in another image from six days later. We searched through all available archives in an attempt to locate the nine objects. We directed the world’s largest optical telescope, the Gran Telescopio Canarias, with its 10.4-meter aperture, to the locations where the transients had been. Nothing was found. The objects had simply vanished.

Keep reading

Mysterious ‘Jellyfish’ UFO Video Released

A bizarre aerial object seen in leaked footage has been dubbed the ‘Jellyfish’ UFO. Said to be recorded using thermal imaging in 2017 at a US military base in Iraq, a Marine veteran, Michael Cincoski, told NewsNation that the object did not appear to be threatening and was eventually considered like a “ghost story” at the base.

Researcher and documentarian Jeremy Corbell, who said the footage was leaked to him, described the UFO as being submerged in water for 17 minutes before rapidly ascending.

Keep reading

NEW BIPARTISAN BILL AIMS TO STRENGTHEN UAP REPORTING FROM CIVILIAN PILOTS AND AVIATION PERSONNEL

A new bipartisan bill, the Safe Airspace for Americans Act, has been introduced to encourage reporting of sightings of unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP) by pilots and other civilian aviation personnel and offer legal protection against repercussions from sharing their sightings.

The bill, introduced by Congressman Robert Garcia (D-CA) and Congressman Glenn Grothman (R-WI), will help to facilitate reporting of UAP sightings by civilian aircrew, air traffic controllers, flight attendants, maintenance workers, dispatchers, and airlines to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).

The FAA will also be required to collect data and conduct investigations into UAP reports it receives under the bill’s provisions, after which the information is to be shared with the DoD’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO).

Significantly, the legislation also aims to provide legal protections for pilots against possible retaliations that may result from reporting their UAP sightings, such as medical disqualifications or cease-and-desist notifications from airlines.

“UAP transparency is incredibly important for our national security, which is why we need to create a space where those working in aviation have the ability to report their findings and experiences,” Congressman Garcia said in a statement.

Calling the bill “another step forward for disclosure,” Garcia added that the newly proposed legislation will offer a safe means by which civilian and commercial aviation personnel may report UAP sightings.

“UAPs continue to raise serious questions and pose a unique risk to our national security,” Congressman Grothman said, calling the Safe Airspace for Americans Act “a crucial initiative that empowers those on the frontline of our skies to contribute valuable intelligence regarding UAP sightings that can help ensure that potential threats are thoroughly investigated.”

Grothman, currently the Chairman of the Subcommittee on National Security, the Border, and Foreign Affairs, added that the bipartisan effort “highlights our need for transparency from the federal government regarding UAPs to better protect the safety and security of American citizens.”

The text of the bill was made available on Thursday and can be read online.

Keep reading

PILOT’S BIZARRE ENCOUNTER WITH 30-FOOT-TALL TRIANGULAR UFO PROMPTS AVIATION SAFETY CONCERNS

A baffling incident unfolded in the skies above Frederick County, Maryland, last month as a private pilot reported a mid-air encounter with a 30-foot-tall triangular UFO, newly released audio recordings reveal.

The pilot, flying a Piper Cherokee Arrow (P28R), registration N30024, was flying from Allegheny County Airport in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to Frederick Municipal Airport in Maryland at the time of the incident, which occurred on December 20, 2023.

Approximately 50 miles northwest of his destination, the pilot contacted air traffic controllers (ATC) to report sighting an object he described as appearing to be “approximately 30 feet tall” as it passed him flying “at about 6500-6800 feet.”

“Not sure what it is,” the pilot can be heard saying in an audio recording of the incident uploaded to the YouTube channel You Can See ATC, which specializes in reconstructions of non-standard and emergency situations that occur in flight.

“It was 30 feet tall?” an obviously perplexed ATC operator can be heard replying.

“It was pretty tall, probably about 30 feet tall,” the pilot confirms. “It was going opposite direction of us.”

Asked if the object was moving at a fast pace, the pilot, just prior to entering his descent, also confirmed that the object appeared to be moving quickly as it passed him.

“Arrow to 024, what does the object look like?” the ATC operator can then be heard asking.

“It’s kinda hard to describe,” the pilot responds. “It was just, uh, tall and, uh, pointy.”

“Like a triangle?” the ATC operator then asks.

“It was in the shape of a triangle. It was bottom and flat on top. I’m not sure what it is.” Intriguingly, the pilot then adds, “[I] do have a picture of it,” clarifying that there “did not appear to be any danger” resulting from the appearance of the unusual flying triangle.

“It was pretty far away from us. Just noticeable enough for caution to other aircraft,” the pilot says.

Following this exchange, the ATC operator can then be heard advising the pilot to call his supervisor due to safety concerns that were raised after the pilot’s bizarre sighting.

“Just wanna make sure everything is safe up there, uh, for future aircraft flying through that. So give him a call once you’re on the ground safely please.”

The Debrief has reached out to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for comment on the December 2023 incident. The pilot who reported the sighting of the strange object has not been identified.

For decades, observations of flying objects of unknown origin, which the Department of Defense now calls unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP), have often involved triangular UFO sightings. Beginning on November 29, 1989, a wave of sightings involving large, triangular aircraft erupted over Belgium, culminating in an intercept attempt involving two Belgian Air Force F-16s in the early morning hours of March 31, 1990. Sightings of the unusual craft continued until April of that year.

Keep reading

Newly Released Thermal Footage Captures Jellyfish-shaped UFO Intrusion at U.S. Joint Operations Base

New thermal video footage has been released, revealing an incursion of Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP) into a United States Joint Operations base.

The UAP was tracked by the U.S. and allied nations as part of an intelligence operation over Iraq in 2018.

Obtained by investigative journalists George Knapp and Jeremy Corbell and released in the first episode of a new TMZ docuseries named ‘UFO Revolution,’ the UAP resembles a jellyfish and reportedly demonstrated transmedium capabilities. 

The footage captures the object travelling over land, through the sensitive base. The video shows the UAP frequently changing from hot (black) to cold (white) as it moves over buildings and animals.

Speaking to Liberation Times, Corbell commented:

“I am happy to be able to share publicly this type of bizarre morphology associated with the UAP problem. This military filmed UAP footage represents an important reality often experienced and discussed in relation to military UAP encounters – an incursion within a critical defense installation.” 

According to sources who spoke to Jeremy Corbell and Liberation Times, the UAP, filmed using an optical platform and considered potentially hostile due to a potential payload, could not be locked onto, and the platform appeared to have been jammed.

Commenting on this alarming aspect of the incident, Corbell told Liberation Times:

“If UAP are able to penetrate our sensitive military installation with impunity – disabling our primary targeting and defense platforms – we must consider the role stigma and secrecy have played in corroding our ability to acknowledge and respond to such threats.”

According to witnesses who spoke to Corbell, during the incident, access to the footage was restricted from two U.S. allies, though the specific reason remains unknown.

Keep reading

South Dakota senator wants feds to keep UFO accounts centralized

Is the existence of intelligent life beyond Earth real?

Sen. Mike Rounds isn’t ruling it out.

And with more official accounts of unidentified flying objects (UFO) in recent years — even former military members testifying before Congress about sightings of aircraft and, in some cases, living beings — South Dakota’s junior senator has crafted language ordering the federal government to centralize UFO records.

The “Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Disclosure Act,” placed in a national defense bill passed by the Senate this week, also sets a basis that information the government possesses about unidentified anomalous (UAP) phenomena, a euphemism for UFOs, is a public record.

Right now, agencies of the U.S. government are not required to send information about extraterrestrial objects to a central collection site.

“We want a central location where all of this data could be kept,” Rounds told The Dakota Scout. “Right now, the Department of Defense has some of it, the Department of Energy has some of it, other departments may very well too. There has not ever been anything put out before creating a centralized collection location.”

Keep reading