Six suspects indicted on assault, aggravated riot charges over brutal Cincinnati mob beating

Six suspects have been indicted on charges related to a violent attack on two people in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, that occurred late July. The six suspects are facing eight charges each: three counts of felonious assault, three counts of assault, and two counts of aggravated riot.

If convicted on all counts, each suspect faces nearly 30 years in prison, per WLWT5. In announcing the indictments, Hamilton County Prosecutor Connie Pillich said, “What I saw on video is not the Cincinnati I know and love. These charges hold those involved in the attack accountable.”

Five suspects have made appearances in court so far: Aisha Devaughn, 25; Dominique Kittle, 37; Jermaine Matthews, 39; Montianez Merriweather, 34; and Dekyra Vernon, 24. A sixth suspect, 38-year-old Patrick Rosemond, was arrested in Fulton County, Georgia, on Monday, and is accused of hitting the female victim named Holly

Photos shared of Holly, who had gone up to a man who was being attacked by a group in the early hours of July 26 to check on him when she was beaten and knocked unconscious, showed the woman with large black eyes and other injuries to her face. 

The Hamilton County Association of Chiefs of Police has said that it will hold a roundtable discussion with court members, elected officials, and other justice system partners on ways to strengthen public safety, including the impacts of current bail reform policies, and promoting consistent sentencing to deter repeat offenders, in order to strengthen public confidence in the judicial system.

“This collaborative effort reflects a shared commitment to improving outcomes for all who live and work in our communities,” the group said in a statement, adding that “We must have the ability to see exactly how criminal sentences are being imposed, how bonds are being set, and which judges are making these decisions from the bench.”

In a statement Friday, the NAACP criticized the incident, saying, “The brawl was broadcast on social media which has overwhelmingly cast a shadow of negativity upon an otherwise incredible array of events in which the citizens and visitors who were hosted had an opportunity to partake. The Music Festival should not be blamed for this avoidable act.”

“It appears that a lot of bad decisions were made by various people, and as such, we ask that a thorough investigation by local law enforcement officials be permitted to be fully conducted to allow all persons involved to be given their day in court. However, we are extremely concerned that video footage appears to have been used to bring potential participants in the brawl to face consequences and not the individual who appears to have been the verbal and physical initiator of the incident.”

Keep reading

Bodycam Footage Released in Viral Cincinnati Mob Beating as Six Suspects Face New Charges

Newly released body camera footage shows police arriving at the scene of a violent downtown Cincinnati beating that left six people injured and resulted in six arrests, as reported by The New York Post.

The incident occurred around 3:25 a.m. on Saturday, July 26, at the corner of Fourth and Elm streets, following what witnesses described as an altercation outside a bar and nearby food truck.

The footage, released by the Cincinnati Police Department, shows officers speaking with an injured 62-year-old man who told police:

“I was attacked. I got attacked by multiple people.”

When asked what led to the fight, the man responded, “Don’t really know… it just got out of the bar and it just got crazy.” He added, “I got side-punched. It wasn’t a fair fight at all.”

Another bodycam video captures a female officer asking if the argument was “about wings.” Witnesses said the dispute began at a food truck. One man claimed he heard a racial slur used before the fight escalated.

Keep reading

Cincinnati Mob Violence Victim Holly Slams Democrat Leaders For Being Soft on Crime, Says Her Doctors Are “Shocked” She Didn’t Die

Cincinnati mob violence victim who goes by ‘Holly,’ blasted Democrat leaders for being soft on crime during a press conference with GOP Ohio Senator Bernie Moreno on Wednesday.

Earlier this week Holly said she is suffering “very bad” brain trauma after the horrific attack by a mostly black mob at a jazz festival last weekend.

A white man was brutally beaten and stomped on by a violent gang of black suspects. When Holly ran to the victim’s aid, she was also beaten and knocked out.

Six people have been charged so far in the violent attack.

The FBI and the Justice Department’s Civil Rights division are investigating the incident.

“Our streets are being taken over and nobody is doing anything! I am so sad, and I need to be a voice for all of the victims that never got their justice,” Holly said.

Holly said the thug who attacked her should have never been on the streets.

“He had just gotten out of jail previously for something he should have been in there for years,” she said. “It’s really sad to me because I can’t even fathom how many other people who have been attacked by the same type of man over and over and over.”

“The biggest thing that I think really upsets me is the desensitization of humans where there’s a brutal attack, and they all think, ‘oh, cool. Let me get my phone and record it,’” Holly said.

“I truly hope that in the future, there’s some sort of bill to where somebody has to be prosecuted or at least fined if they don’t call 911 to save someone’s life,” she added.

Keep reading

Cincinnati Mob Violence Victim Holly Breaks Her Silence, Reveals She is Suffering “Very Bad” Brain Trauma 

Cincinnati mob violence victim who goes by ‘Holly,’ broke her silence in a video message posted to X on Sunday.

Holly said she is suffering “very bad” brain trauma after the horrific attack by a mostly black mob at a jazz festival last weekend.

A white man was brutally beaten and stomped on by a violent gang of black suspects. When Holly ran to the victim’s aid, she was also beaten and knocked out.

Six people have been charged so far in the violent attack.

The FBI and the Justice Department’s Civil Rights division are investigating the incident.

Keep reading

Fourth Person Busted in Cincinnati Beatings of Two White Individuals as New Footage Shows a Racial Slur Being Yelled During Brawl

A fourth individual has been arrested in connection with the savage beating of two white individuals in downtown Cincinnati by an angry mob, as footage has emerged showing a racial slur being yelled during the beating.

WKRC reported on Friday that Cincy police have arrested 37-year-old Dominique Kittle and hit him with charges of felonious assault and riot.

According to the outlet, the arrest happened hours after city and county leaders held a press conference Friday afternoon.

The Gateway Pundit’s Kristinn Taylor previously reported 34-year-old Montianez Merriweather, 24-year-old Dekyra Vernon, and 39-year-old Jermaine Matthews </> were previously arrested and are in police custody.

Meanwhile, footage has emerged showing someone screaming the N-word as the violent fight started. But as Fox News notes, it is not clear whether one of the white victims uttered it or one of their black tormentors.

It is more difficult to determine who uttered the slur because Fox News edited it out.

Keep reading

Cincinnati’s Dem Mayor Hasn’t Spoken to Victims in Attack: ‘We Have Significant Other Public Safety Challenges’ 

Cincinnati’s Democrat Mayor Aftab Pureval said during a press conference Friday that he has not spoken to the victims of the recent, violent attack in the city.

When asked about this by a member of the press, Pureval said, “We have significant other public safety challenges.”

This is an aspect of leadership that Democrats just don’t seem to understand. Trump certainly does. You know that if Trump ran this city, he would have personally reached out to these people.

See the clip below:

Cincinnati Mayor Aftab Pureval says he hasn’t talked to any victims of the attack: “We have significant other public safety challenges.” pic.twitter.com/dzw7t1u8Bo

— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 1, 2025

Pureval was also criticized for being missing in action in the days following the attack.

FOX News reported:

Cincinnati Mayor Aftab Pureval has been missing in action for days after a brutal beatdown that went viral on social media left many people injured, raising questions about the city’s leadership and priorities.

Pureval has been on a long-planned family vacation in Vancouver, Canada, The Enquirer reported.

A video lit up social media over the weekend that showed a mob of people violently attacking one man, as well as a woman who tried to help him, during the early morning hours on Saturday.

Pureval, a Democrat, reportedly told the news outlet he found out about the incident the same day, though he decided to still take his family on a family vacation.

His reasoning for the vacation was that his 5-year-old son would be starting kindergarten and city council sessions resume next week after a monthlong recess, and it would be the last opportunity to go on a family vacation.

Democrats will claim this criticism is unfair, but they have attacked Republican Senator Ted Cruz for being out of state when Texas had a power outage and during the recent floods, when Cruz did return from a family vacation in Greece.

Keep reading

The Cincinnati Cop-Outs

Recently, a large group of black youths began pummeling several white adults in downtown Cincinnati.

The original altercation apparently broke out between a black and white male in he-said/he-said fashion. But that dispute soon turned into a virtual free-for-all.

Numerous male and female black youths sucker-punched a middle-aged woman and a man. Others continued to kick or body slam the victims, who were sprawled on their backs and seemingly unconscious.

There were many disturbing aspects to the beat-downs.

One, the violence broke out along racial and age fault lines. After the initial one-on-one dispute, groups of black youths swarmed solitary older white bystanders to pound them.

Two, the surrounding assembled group of black youths not only failed to intervene to restrain the bullies. They also recorded the beatings for social media and were heard cheering on the one-sided violence.

Three, there was neither a police presence nor any timely Good Samaritan interventions.

Instead, what ended the attacks was simply the fact that at least two of the targets appeared nearly comatose. So their assailants apparently concluded that their agenda of beating whites into unconsciousness was mostly complete.

Four, oddly few of the usual black spokespeople who habitually comment on interracial violence were to be seen.

During the fake Jussie Smollett attack, self-appointed leaders from Al Sharpton to Kamala Harris immediately issued warnings about so-called systemic white racism that had reared its ugly head to victimize Smollett.

Yet when it was revealed Smollett had concocted the entire charade — and even hired his own assaulters — there were few if any retractions from those once so eager to shout “racist!”

Such demagoguery is a well-known pattern dating back to the days of the Tawana Brawley rape hoax, the Duke Lacrosse charade, the Covington kids ruse, the Michael Ford “Hands-up-Don’t Shoot” fabrication, the “pseudo-transformation of George Zimmerman into a ‘white Hispanic,'” or the NASCAR noose fable.

Racialists too often concoct white racist attackers and go silent when the evidence proves fabricated — only to be primed to manipulate the next hoax.

Five, the media and authorities did their best to either hide or play down the violence.

City leaders, the chief of police, and the media variously blamed the mass black-on-white violence on 1) social media, 2) the original one-on-one dispute, 3) alcohol, 4) the lack of civilian intervention to stop the violence, and 5) a festival atmosphere — anything except endemic racial hatred shown toward whites from the crowd of black youths.

Six, had a gang of white toughs beat middle-aged African-Americans senseless, recorded it, and cheered on the violence, there would have been immediate national outrage.

Nor did anyone wish to raise the taboo topic of inordinate black crime rates, disproportionate to respective demographic realities. In rare interracial violent crimes, the asymmetrical ratio of black-on-white versus white-on-black assaults ranges from three to five times greater.

Seven, the quiet of the left-wing media to the reprehensible violence stands in marked contrast with their usual rush-to-judgment racialism in two near-simultaneous incidents.

When a shooter of mixed African-American heritage recently entered a New York City corporate headquarters and executed four innocents, CNN falsely raised the speculation that a “white male” was perhaps responsible — despite the photograph of the suspect, who was as clearly male as he was not white.

Keep reading

Cincinnati official under fire for celebrating brutal attack: ‘They begged for that beatdown!’

An Ohio city council member disturbingly claimed that the victims of the Cincinnati downtown brawl were asking to be assaulted during the ruthless mob attack.

“They asked for that beatdown,” Cincinnati Councilwoman Victoria Parks replied to video of the July 27 brawl on Facebook.

“I am grateful for the whole story,” she added.

The 67-year-old Democrat angered Cincinnati’s police union boss, who blasted Parks for the comments and called for her resignation.

“It’s unconscionable that an elected official would be celebrating violence in the very city she was voted to serve,” Cincinnati Fraternal Order of Police president Ken Kober told Fox News Digital. 

Keep reading

Third Person Arrested in Cincinnati Mob Beatings; Woman Victim Is Russian Who Flew Home the Day After Attack

A third person has been arrested in the vicious mob beating of a white man and white woman early Saturday morning in downtown Cincinnati that garnered national attention after video of the attack went viral. A total of five suspects have been charged so far, with three now in custody.

The woman victim who was sucker punched and seen knocked out and bleeding from her mouth was revealed in court Wednesday to be Russian and that she flew home on Sunday, the day after the attack.

The third person arrested, Jermaine Matthews, 39, turned himself Tuesday evening and was arraigned Wednesday with two other suspects previously arrested in the case. Mattheews is being held on $75,000 bond on a charge of aggravated rioting and $25,000 bond for felony assault.

Montianez Merriweather, 34, is being held bond of $300,000 for felonious assault, $100,000 on misdemeanor assault and $100,000 for aggravated rioting.

DeKyra Vernon, 24, is being held in a total of $200,000 bond on charges of felonious assault, misdemeanor assault and aggravated rioting.

Keep reading

Senator Bernie Moreno Releases Horrific Photos of Cincinnati Mob Beating Victim

Senator Bernie Moreno (R-OH) released horrific looking photos Wednesday of “Holly”, the woman nearly beaten to death by a mostly Black mob in downtown Cincinnati early Saturday morning, that show the savagery of the attack on her.

Viral video showed Holly and another white man being brutally beaten. A screen image of Holly flat on her back with eyes fixed and blood streaming out of her mouth as a result of being sucker punched provoked nationwide outrage.

The FBI and the Justice Department’s Civil Rights division are investigating the incident. Vide President J.D. Vance, who has a home near Cincinnati, spoke out on the attack, condemning the man who sucker punched Holly.

Moreno posted photos of Holly along with criticism of local officials. Moreno also posted a screen image of comments by City Council member Victoria Parks who mocked the beating victims, “Cincinnati is an amazing and spectacular City. It deserves political leadership that matches the greatness of its citizens. @AftabPureval issues a late/weak statement, Police Chief blames social media (not the lack of almost 200 officers), Prosecutor @ConniePillich lets off lowlifes with $400 bail, @RepGregLandsman silent & posting about Ukraine, City Council member blames the victim.This is Holly. She wanted to have a nice evening out with friends. Instead, she got this. Holly gave me permission to release the photos so that others will never suffer what she did. We need and deserve change.”

Keep reading