OUTRAGEOUS: Cook County Chief Judge BANS ICE and Border Patrol from Making Civil Arrests of Illegal Aliens at Chicago Courthouses

The Democrats are protecting the illegal aliens more than their constituents.

Cook County Circuit Chief Judge Timothy Evans has issued an administrative decree that effectively bars ICE and Border Patrol agents from making civil immigration arrests at or near county courthouses, even as aliens appear for hearings.

The edict, signed late Tuesday night and going into effect Wednesday, proclaims that “no person attending or returning from a court proceeding shall be subject to a civil arrest” unless there is a judicial warrant or order.

The order explicitly limits it to civil immigration arrests. The order also includes the walkways, entryways, driveways, and parking lots contiguous to courthouses.

“The fair administration of justice requires that courts remain open and accessible, and that litigants and witnesses may appear without fear of civil arrest,” the order states.

“The common law has long recognized this privilege to ensure individuals can fulfill legal duties without risking further legal jeopardy.”

This comes after thirteen far-left “social justice” and legal organizations have filed a petition with Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans.

According to the petition, groups such as the Roderick and Solange MacArthur Justice Center, Mujeres Latinas en Acción, and the Public Defender’s Office claim that ICE enforcement is causing “fear” among those attending court, especially in Domestic Violence Court.

Sharilyn Grace from the Public Defender’s Office said people were “so alarmed” by the sight of an armed individual outside the courthouse that they called 911, FOX 32 Chicago reported.

Alexa Van Brunt of the MacArthur Justice Center claimed that the presence of ICE creates a “chilling effect” that discourages illegal immigrants from attending court proceedings, saying many are now “afraid to show up” because they fear deportation.

Keep reading

Nassau won’t have to pay back $400M in illegal red-light camera fees as judge oddly claims payments were ‘voluntary’

Nassau County won’t have to pay back $400 million in illegal red-light camera fees as a judge bizarrely ruled drivers voluntarily paid the fines — even though they were threatened with getting their licenses suspended.

The “outrageous” ruling by County Supreme Court Justice Thomas Rademaker has the plaintiffs’ attorney calling for the judge to be removed from the case while Nassau administrators hold onto improper administrative fees it took in from drivers for over a decade.

“Judge Rademacher issued a radical decision and ruled, despite Nassau County’s illegality, its citizens paid voluntarily,” attorney David Raimondo, who represents drivers in cases against Nassau and Suffolk County, said of the decision.

“This ruling was so far off from the law that you can’t even comprehend it,” he added, claiming the judge issued the ruling to protect the county from its massive liability.

Raimondo questioned how the judge could view the payments as “voluntary” when Nassau threatened to revoke licenses and registrations, boot and tow people’s cars — and even put a mark on credit reports if the fee is not paid.

Keep reading

Clinton Judge Blocks Trump Admin from Firing Federal Workers During Schumer Shutdown

A federal judge on Wednesday temporarily blocked the Trump Administration from firing federal workers during the government shutdown.

US District Judge Susan Illston, a Clinton appointee, issued a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) on Wednesday and stopped the Trump Administration from firing federal workers.

The Schumer Shutdown began on October 1, and the Senate has voted 9 times – and failed 9 times – to reopen the government because Schumer wants to give illegal aliens healthcare.

Layoffs of federal employees officially began last Friday as the U.S. government shutdown entered another tense phase, according to Trump administration budget chief Russell Vought, who confirmed the sweeping reductions in a social media post.

“The RIFs have begun,” Vought announced on X, using the acronym for “Reductions in Force.”

Norm Eisen, the Deep State’s favorite lawyer who spearheaded the color revolution and more than 180 lawsuits against Trump, sued the Trump Administration to stop the RIFs.

Norm Eisen filed a lawsuit on behalf of federal labor unions and judge shopped to make sure his case was assigned to Judge Illston because she ruled in favor of labor unions in a RIF case in the past.

Keep reading

Wrist Slaps For Left-Wing Violence Invite More Attacks On Conservatives

wo teenagers who brutally assaulted former Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) staffer Edward “Big Balls” Coristine did not receive any jail time in yet another instance of left-wing judges protecting militant thugs from being held accountable in any meaningful way.

D.C. Superior Court Judge Kendra Davis Briggs, a nominee of former President Joe Biden, sentenced two 15-year-olds from Hyattsville, Maryland, to probation after they were arrested for an Aug. 3 attack on 19-year-old Coristine that left him bloody and battered.

The two sentenced to probation — a male and female — were among a “group of 10 guys,” Coristine said, many of whom apparently remain at-large. Coristine suffered a concussion and a broken nose after he and a female companion were jumped by the group.

The slap-on-the-wrist from Briggs comes after another Biden judge gave the would-be assassin of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh a laughably light sentence, citing the assassin’s claim of being a “transgender” woman, despite his being a male.

While prosecutors sought a 30-year sentence for would-be assassin Nicholas Roske (who now says he goes by the name “Sophie”), Maryland U.S. District Judge Deborah Boardman instead gave him eight years.

“Though she got far too close to executing her plans, the fact of the matter is she abandoned them,” Boardman said, using female pronouns to refer to Roske, a male. “I take into consideration the conditions of pre-trial confinement and the fact that she is a transgender woman and will be sent to a male-only [Bureau of Prisons] facility.”

Keep reading

Ohio Judge Blocks Governor’s Hemp Product Ban From Taking Effect

Ohio stores can temporarily resume to selling intoxicating hemp products—for now.

Franklin County Court of Common Pleas Judge Carl Aveni granted a 14-day temporary restraining order on Gov. Mike DeWine’s (R) executive order banning the sale of intoxicating hemp products on October 14.

DeWine announced last week a 90-day executive order that bans the sale of intoxicating hemp products that also started on October 14. The next hearing in this case is scheduled for October 28.

Intoxicating hemp products are items that contain THC that are sold anywhere other than licensed marijuana dispensaries including gas stations, smoke shops and CBD stores, among others.

Marijuana is not considered an intoxicating hemp product and is legal in Ohio. This ban does not affect the marijuana law passed by voters in 2023.

“While we continue to fight in court, today’s developments underscore our continued desire to work with the General Assembly to pass permanent legislation regarding intoxicating hemp,” DeWine said in a statement.

Titan Logistic Group, Fumee Smoke and Vape and Invicta Partners—all members of the Ohio Healthy Alternatives Association—filed a lawsuit last week against the ban, arguing DeWine is breaking federal and state law by restricting access to these products.

“Today’s decision allows thousands of hardworking Ohio entrepreneurs to continue supporting their families and serving consumers who rely on access to safe, legal, and properly regulated hemp products,” Ohio Healthy Alternatives Association said in a statement.

The 2018 Farm Bill says hemp can be grown legally if it contains less than 0.3 percent THC.

“The Executive Order is overly broad in that it applies to all hemp and hemp products including those that are legal under the 2018 Farm Bill and Ohio’s current laws,” the lawsuit says.

“It is also vague because there is no definition of ‘intoxicating hemp’ in the Ohio Revised Code or Ohio Administrative Code.”

DeWine—who has been calling on lawmakers to regulate or ban delta-8 THC products since January 2024—spent much of last week’s press conference where he announced the ban talking about the need to protect children from these products.

Keep reading

Judge Blocks Loudoun County’s Suspension of High-school Boy Uncomfortable With Girl in Locker Room

A federal judge on Friday blocked Virginia’s Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) from suspending a male high-school student over a “transgender” student’s allegations that he sexually harassed her by complaining about her presence in the boys’ locker room.

U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema granted a preliminary injunction against LCPS’ discipline of the boy, which included a 10-day suspension and a finding of sexual harassment under Title IX. As requested by the boy’s family, which is suing LCPS, these measures will be put on hold while the case proceeds through the courts.

“I am glad my son is able to keep going to school while we continue to fight for his free speech rights — which affects all students and families in this district moving forward,” the boy’s father, Seth Wolfe, said in a Friday press release from the Richmond-based Founding Freedoms Law Center (FFLC).

FFLC is representing the plaintiffs in conjunction with America First Legal (AFL) of Washington, D.C.

Video Games

The trouble with the “transgender” student began about two years ago, when the male-identifying girl started using the boys’ locker room during physical-education classes at Stone Bridge High School. LCPS policy permits students to use the bathrooms and locker rooms corresponding to “their consistently asserted gender identity.”

A year ago, the girl filed a Title IX complaint against one of the boys. LCPS looked into it but took no action against the boy.

Then, in March, the girl secretly took video of three boys — two Christians and a Muslim — in the locker room in which they discussed their discomfort with having a girl in the room. “One student in the locker room told LCPS’s Title IX Office that the female student filmed his friend while he was using a urinal,” reported WJLA.

Using that video as evidence, the girl filed another Title IX complaint, this time against all three boys. She alleged that they had made disparaging remarks about her, threatened her with violence, and “misgendered” her (i.e., correctly referred to her as a girl).

LCPS promptly launched an investigation into the girl’s charges. When the boys’ parents asked the district to similarly investigate her for recording the video, LCPS declined, merely punishing her with an in-school suspension.

Ultimately, the district found the two Christian boys guilty of Title IX sexual harassment and suspended them. It dropped the charges against the Muslim boy.

Although the family of one of the Christian boys moved out of state, Wolfe’s son continues to attend LCPS and would have been forced to stay home the first 10 days of this school year had his family not sued.

Keep reading

Georgia Judge Arrested For Drunk Driving After Backing His Mercedes into Truck in Parking Lot of “Wacko’s” Strip Club

A Georgia Superior Court Judge was arrested for drunk driving after he backed his Mercedes into a truck in the parking lot of Wacko’s Gentlemen’s Club early Tuesday morning.

48-year-old Robert Guy Jr. was arrested and booked on Friday after he backed his Mercedes into a Ford F-150 and then offered the owner of the truck $500 to avoid giving his identity and insurance information, according to the arrest report obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Guy tried to drive off, but he couldn’t because he was too intoxicated.

According to the arrest report, Guy was slurring his words, and police could smell a strong odor of alcohol on him.

After repeatedly refusing to hand over his ID, Guy was arrested at the strip club and charged with DUI, failing to submit to a breathalyzer, and DUI-property damage.

The Sheriff’s Department did not released Guy’s booking photo because of his status as a judge.

Guy reported his arrest to Georgia’s Judicial Qualifications Commission and then resigned.

“It has been a distinct honor and privilege to serve the Council of Superior Court Judges as President and in other roles; however, today I am resigning effectively immediately as Council President,” Guy wrote in a statement, according to the AJC.

Keep reading

Judge blocks sanctions on boys who objected to female in locker room, rejects district’s Hail Mary

Awealthy suburban D.C. school district belatedly justified its 10-day suspensions of two boys for complaining about a female who identifies as a boy recording them in their locker room, by claiming they had harassed the female student “over weeks and months.”

That wasn’t enough for U.S. District Judge Leonie Brinkema to reinstate suspensions by Virginia’s Loudoun County Public Schools, which she paused Sept. 16 shortly after the anonymous Christian boys sued.

The President Clinton nominee granted the boys’ preliminary injunction motion at a hearing Friday, shielding the 11th graders throughout litigation from punishment and a disciplinary notation on their record that could sink their college applications. 

One left LCPS after suing but “the threat of discipline remains” if he returns, their lawyers at America First Legal Foundation and Founding Freedoms Law Center wrote in their motion for preliminary injunction. (Brinkema asked last month why he should remain a plaintiff.)

Brinkema didn’t give her reasoning in Friday’s bench order, but AFL lawyer Ian Prior told the media she cited serious constitutional questions, the harm of removing their educational experience and the timing of the “permanent mark on their records.” The judge will issue an order with her reasoning but didn’t give herself a deadline.

“We’re extremely pleased” suspensions are off the table throughout litigation, Prior said. They expect to succeed on all counts – likelihood of success is a factor supporting preliminary injunctions – but need to win only one, he stressed. 

It’s arguing discrimination by religion, because a Muslim student who complained about the female wasn’t punished, and sex, for LCPS telling the boys to find a different place to change but not the female student. LCPS also violated the boys’ constitutionally protected free speech and misused its Title IX probe and findings “as a pretext for viewpoint discrimination.”

Keep reading

Rabid Leftist Who Spat on Ed Martin and Kicked US Marshals Will Avoid Prison Time After Biden Judge Sentences Her to ‘Time Served’

The rabid leftist who spat on DOJ official Ed Martin and kicked US Marshals will avoid prison time after a Biden-appointed federal judge sentenced her to ‘time served.’

The Justice Department sought 18 months in prison for Emily Sommer, the unhinged leftist who spat on Ed Martin and kicked US Marshals earlier this year.

Judge Jia Cobb, a Biden appointee, sentenced Sommer to four months time served. Sommer was sentenced to fourth months time served, home confinement and probation, rather than prison time.

In May, the Justice Department charged Emily Gabriella Sommer for assaulting Ed Martin.

Sommer was charged with violation of 18 U.S.C. § 111 (Assaulting, resisting, or impeding certain officers and employees of the United States).

In June, the DOJ asked the Court to detain Emily Sommer pending trial because she threatened Ed Martin and Jeannine Pirro in a series of X posts.

Emily Sommer was put in a DC jail after threatening a neighbor with a crowbar. She also physically attacked US Marshals after being removed from the courtroom in May.

“Sommer became agitated during her initial appearance in court on May 22 upon learning the prosecutor’s office intended to seek a more serious version of the assault charge that requires forcible contact and carries a maximum sentence of up to 8 years in prison. While in holding after being removed from the courtroom, Sommer allegedly spit and kicked on two U.S. Marshals. A second superseding indictment was filed in June with two additional assault counts for the incident,” WUSA 9 reported.

Sommer pleaded guilty to three counts of assault for spitting on Ed Martin and assaulting US Marshals.

Keep reading

Biden Judge Blocks Trump’s National Guard Deployment in Chicago

A federal judge on Thursday issued a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) blocking President Trump’s National Guard deployment in Chicago.

US District Judge April Perry, a Biden appointee, said Trump’s troop deployment violates the Posse Comitatus Act as well as the 10th and 14th Amendments.

President Trump mobilized Texas National Guard Troops and sent them to Chicago to protect ICE agents from violent far-left Antifa terrorists.

“The National Guard’s mission in Chicago is to protect federal lives and property that are facing constant criminal assault. The guard protecting DHS is activated under *federal control* and therefore, like any federal troops, can emanate from any state if such resources prove necessary to DHS (the way troops are pulled from any base). They are operating as a federal force protecting federal assets,” White House Advisor Stephen Miller said.

Texas Congressman Lance Gooden hilariously trolled failed Chicago Mayor Johnson for being both outraged over Texas busing illegals to his city AND outraged over Trump sending the National Guard to his city.

“You can’t have it both ways, Brandon,” Lance Gooden said.

Keep reading