Blog

Was Fed Chair Warsh Chosen For A Controlled Demolition?

Supposed monetary hawk Kevin Warsh, who was officially sworn in as the 17th Fed Chair earlier this week, will now face the dilemma of staying true to his hawkish roots or caving to his unabashed high-rate hating President. That is, of course, unless there’s a deeper plan at play…

Last night, Cornell professor Dave Collum hosted Michael Lebowitz and Stephanie Pomboy for a deep dived into ‘How F***ed Markets Are’ where Dave posited the theory that Warsh man be a demolition man for a managed crash.

Collum and co. also talked about the insane disconnect between the economy and financial markets… and why Pomboy has increasingly abandoned financial assets altogether in favor of gold and hard assets.

Dave’s Fed truther theory and other highlights from last night below:

Retail Retards

Collum warned that modern markets have become completely detached from traditional valuation discipline… but that reality will eventually set in.

“It’s my assertion that probably greater than 50% of the investors in the world don’t understand what valuation means… Everything’s a Bitcoin price now.”

Standard valuation metrics have compounded roughly 4% annually for 45 years and are now firmly in “the nosebleed section,” yet “nobody cares,” per Collum.

Classic warning indicators are now near historic extremes. Lebowitz noted that “CAPE is near its all-time high. It’s above the 1929 level and just short of the dot-com level.” He argued the bigger danger may actually be hiding in supposedly “safe” stocks like Walmart and Costco.

Pomboy has opted out of the mania altogether. How? Real assets.

“Markets can go on longer than you can remain solvent betting against it…. I finally just sort of resigned myself to buying gold… At the end of the day I have been outperforming those markets by only gold.”

Keep reading

Pirro Threatens to Charge Parents of ‘Youths’ who Violate Curfew Amid Disturbing Trend of “Teen Takeovers” 

US Attorney for DC Jeanine Pirro on Friday announced her office will be charging parents of ‘youths’ who violate curfew amid a disturbing trend of ‘teen takeovers.

Mobs of teens are rampaging through the streets of DC and other cities across the country, terrifying residents and causing major damage.

Pirro says she’s going after the parents.

Jeanine Pirro said she will charge the parents with the local DC statute 22-811.

“Starting today, my office will aggressively prosecute parents under D.C.’s curfew law, and the specific statute that we will use is a violation of D.C. Code 22-811, and it involves contributing to the delinquency of a minor,” she said.

“This statute makes it unlawful for an adult to enable, facilitate, or permit a minor to engage in delinquent acts.”

“And if you drop your kid off, and you fail to supervise them, or you let them skip school to join the chaos, you are going to face fines, court-ordered classes, and possible jail time!”

“Penalties can be imposed even if the juvenile minor is not prosecuted,” she said.

“So a parent commits this offense if they permit, or by insufficient control, allow a minor under the age of 18 to violate a curfew.”

“Law-abiding taxpayers should no longer have to pay for parental neglect,” Pirro said on Friday during a press conference.

“Parents, do your job. Or we will do ours,” she said.

“The penalty is up to six months imprisonment, so if the evidence shows the parent knew, or should have known, or permitted, or failed to prevent participation, we’re going to charge them,” she said.

“Now, we’re going to be asking the Metropolitan Police Department to issue parental citations whenever a minor’s curfew violation is tied to a takeover.”

“We will seek to pair these citations with mandatory parental notification and court-mandated parental classes or family counseling as a condition of the resolution of the case.”

Keep reading

Musical Chairs

Yesterday, Trump spoke with Xi in Beijing. While markets kept a watchful eye on any headlines about the war in Iran, palates were left dry as only tepid announcements dripped out, such as that China “offered help” on Iran and “pledged not to send weapons.” What they did not manage to evade was a conversation about Taiwan. During the two and a half hour conversation with Trump, Xi underscored that US intervention in Taiwan could trigger a “highly dangerous situation.” While Rubio underscored that the topic of American arms sales to Taiwan wasn’t a major focus of discussion, it likely will be when Congress’ approved USD 14bn arms sale to Taiwan lands on Trump’s desk, and again when Xi visits the White House in September.

While the US and China are stalled in the geopolitical arena, the financial scene seems to be bearing fruit. Treasury secretary Scott Bessent announced that conversations around the creation of a “Board of Investment” were underway, and that tariffs would be reduced or removed for products that the US doesn’t plan on reshoring, like fireworks. China also agreed to buy 200 “big” Boeing planes, according to Trump, which would mark the first significant Chinese purchase of Boeing jets since the last time Trump went to Beijing in 2017. China also hinted that they may intend to buy more US energy to compensate for flows disrupted by the war.

Though Iran didn’t appear to produce much in the way of headlines, the Strait is still closed, and Brent crude oil is still trading above $100/bbl at $106/bbl at the time of writing. According to Reuters, the IRGC announced that some 30 vessels have crossed the Strait since Wednesday (with Tehran’s permission), and transit is being permitted for “some” Chinese vessels.

US Treasury yields closed higher after hotter-than-expected trade price data for April printed, with import prices up 1.9% m/m and export prices up 3.3% m/m. These were the fastest monthly price index increases since early 2022 for both. However, the import price index, excluding petroleum, registered more modest gains of only 0.7% which, while hotter than the expected print of 0.5%, is cooler than levels seen as recently as January and February of this year. USD was the best performing G10 currency yesterday on a one day view. Yesterday afternoon saw a surge in yields across the board, absent a clear driver in sparse news flow, as the 2 year closed 3bp higher, above 4.00%.

Warsh was recently voted in as Fed Chair by the US Senate, but this creates a game of grown up musical chairs for the Board of Governors. There can only be seven Governors on the FOMC, and with Powell not giving his seat up just yet, if no one steps down, we have eight. However, Stephen Miran has announced that he would be stepping down as Governor and has submitted his resignation, effective upon Warsh being sworn in. Miran also assured that while he believes it’s important that the Fed only have one chair, Powell could help Warsh through the transition.

Bloomberg’s Anna Wong hit Powell with an uncomfortable reality check: “if Powell’s Fed had been more active in getting its own house in order following a massive miss on inflation, outsiders would have had less motive and opportunity to attack.” Powell’s Fed was criticized for its slow response to the inflationary pressures which led to “the Great Inflation.” Wong summarizes that “[Powell’s] limited push for accountability, such as a thorough review of Fed’s forecasting framework, opened the door to the nomination of a more aggressive outside like Warsh, who has vowed to ‘break some heads’ at the Fed. The moral of story: Get your own house in order or someone will do it for you.”

Keep reading

“I Am a C*nt!” – Michigan Democrat Congressional Candidate Shelby Campbell Lashes Out at Critics – Flashes Grotesque Crotch Shot

Michigan Democrat Congressional candidate Shelby Campbell, the young Millennial with a nose ring who is running for the state’s 13th district, called herself a ‘c*nt’ and flashed a crotch shot in her latest stunt.

Recall that Shelby Campbell created a firestorm after she posted a grotesque video mocking Charlie Kirk’s assassination.

“Hey MAGA, how bad does it hurt that Jimmy Kimmel is back, but you can’t get our person back?” a smirking Campbell said, referring to Charlie Kirk.

“Hi Michiganders, specifically Detrioters…..Do you guys care that Charlie Kirk passed away?” the 32-year old said.

“Yeah. I didn’t think so,” she said.

“Because my district is primarily Black people, and Charlie Kirk said awful things about Black people,” she said.

Campbell flipped off the camera as she ended her video.

In another video, which has since been deleted, Campbell disparaged our troops.

“Quit thanking the troops for sacrificing their lives,” she said.

Now she’s posting crotch shots and calling herself a “c*nt.”

“I am a c*nt. Great!” Campbell said in a since-deleted TikTok video.

Keep reading

Romania Strikes Back and Humiliates the EU After Their 2024 Electoral Coup

On May 5, 2026, the pro-European government of Prime Minister Ilie Bolojan collapsed in a parliamentary no-confidence vote engineered by an unlikely but explosive alliance: the Social Democrats (PSD) and the sovereigntist Alliance for the Unity of Romanians (AUR). The motion passed with 281 votes, well above the 233 threshold in Romania’s 464-seat parliament. Ten months after Bolojan took office, the Brussels-backed austerity regime he presided over lies in ruins. For millions of Romanians, this wasn’t just politics. It was payback.

Everyone in Romania knew what happened in November 2024. An obscure independent candidate, Călin Georgescu, surged from nowhere on a platform of national sovereignty, anti-austerity, and skepticism toward endless NATO adventures in Ukraine. He won the first round outright on a wave of grassroots TikTok energy, no lavish campaign, no oligarch money, just raw popular discontent with the neoliberal order. Then the machine kicked in. The Constitutional Court, citing declassified intelligence reports about “Russian interference” via social media algorithms, annulled the entire election. Georgescu was branded a Kremlin puppet, banned from future runs, and hounded with investigations. The rerun produced a safe, pro-EU placeholder government. Romanians called it what it was: a coup d’état.

Keep reading

Justice Department Files Complaint To Protect Law Enforcement, Challenging Connecticut Mask Ban, ID Requirements, And Use-Of-Force Policies For Federal Officers

Today, the Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against Connecticut, Governor Ned Lamont, Attorney General William Tong, Chief State’s Attorney Patrick Griffin, and Deputy Chief State’s Attorney Eliot Prescott, challenging their unconstitutional attempt to regulate federal law enforcement officers through the so-called “Act Concerning Democracy and Government Accountability,” also known as Senate Bill 397. 

“Law enforcement officers risk their lives every day to keep Americans safe, and they do not deserve to be doxed or harassed simply for carrying out their duties,” said Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche. “Connecticut’s anti-law enforcement policies regulate the federal government and are designed to create risk for our agents. These laws cannot stand.”

“This week — Police Week — we honor those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice to ensure the safety of our Nation’s communities,” said Associate Attorney General Stanley Woodward. “This Department of Justice will not stand by idly in the face of lawless efforts that endanger our brothers and sisters in blue.”

“Connecticut’s attempt to regulate federal officers is dangerous and unconstitutional,” said Assistant Attorney General Brett A. Shumate of the Justice Department’s Civil Division. “State interference with federal operations is precisely what the Supremacy Clause was intended to prevent, as the Supreme Court has recognized for centuries.”

Among other things, the law prohibits federal officers from wearing facial coverings in the performance of their official duties, requires federal officers to clearly display their badge and name tag when performing official duties, and to adhere to Connecticut’s preferred use-of-force policies when performing official duties. Not only is the law an illegal attempt to regulate the federal government, but, as alleged in the complaint, the law threatens the safety of federal officers who have exhibited extreme bravery in enforcing our Nation’s laws despite an unprecedented wave of harassment, doxing, and even violence. Threatening officers with prosecution for simply protecting their identities and their families also chills the enforcement of federal law and compromises sensitive law enforcement operations. The danger is acute.

Keep reading

Liberal ‘Historian’ Claims Republicans Accuse Other People of What They Are Doing, Just Like the Nazis

Heather Cox Richardson is a historian and academic who teaches at Boston College. In a recent video made for her subscribers, she claimed that Republicans use a ‘propaganda technique’ of accusing other people of what they themselves are doing.

There are MOUNTAINS of evidence that show this is actually, exactly what the left does, but it gets even worse. She goes on to suggest that this makes Republicans just like the Nazis because that’s where she claims this tactic comes from.

Now before you dismiss this woman as the idiot she clearly is, you should know that she holds a tremendous amount of influence on the left. Her Substack site has hundreds of thousands of subscribers and she is reported to earn almost a million dollars a year from that alone.

It’s just amazing that she can say these stupid and untruthful things with a straight face:

“The Republicans have perfected a technique for a long time now which really became obvious in the 2000 presidential election, but it’s an old propaganda technique in which you accuse your opponent of what you yourself are doing.

And we tend to identify that in modern politics with Karl Rove, who’s a Republican operative, but in fact, it’s an old propaganda technique that is often identified with Nazi Germany.

And the idea behind it is that if you accuse your opponent of what you are doing, it’s very difficult then for people to understand when the opponent comes back and says, well wait a minute, you’re doing it too.

And what that does is create confusion so that people tend to throw out both sides of the equation and say, well they’re both corrupt.”

Keep reading

The Invisible War Inside America’s Intelligence Empire

Tulsi Gabbard is one of the most unusual and controversial figures ever to ascend to the apex of the American intelligence apparatus. A former Democratic congresswoman from Hawaii, combat veteran, Lieutenant Colonel, and former presidential candidate who publicly broke with her own party over war, surveillance, and the sprawling national security bureaucracy, Gabbard spent years condemning the intelligence establishment before ultimately becoming Director of National Intelligence (DNI) under President Donald Trump. Her appointment alone sent seismic tremors through Washington’s permanent ruling class. Yesterday those tremors erupted into a political earthquake after allegations exploded across Capitol Hill and conservative media that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) had removed highly sensitive files from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) during an escalating confrontation over the declassification of records involving the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and the infamous MKUltra mind control program.

The controversy erupted publicly after reports circulated during Jesse Watters’ broadcast on Fox News on May 13, 2026. Watters stated that CIA personnel had effectively “raided” Gabbard’s office and removed dozens of boxes of classified records reportedly being prepared for public release. According to the claims aired on television and amplified across social media, the records included materials tied to the Kennedy assassination, covert CIA operations, and MKUltra, the notorious Cold War era program in which the agency conducted experiments involving LSD, hypnosis, psychological conditioning, and other forms of behavioral manipulation.

The story detonated instantly because of its staggering implications. Tulsi Gabbard is not merely another cabinet official. As Director of National Intelligence she oversees the broader Intelligence Community, including coordination among the CIA, The National Security Agency (NSA), The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA),and numerous other agencies. For the public to hear allegations that the CIA had entered the orbit of the DNI and removed records under dispute created the appearance of an internal war inside America’s intelligence hierarchy itself.

Keep reading

Supreme Court Rejects Virginia Democrats’ Request to Intervene in Gerrymander Scheme

The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) rejected a request from Virginia Democrats for the nation’s high court to intervene after the Virginia Supreme Court ruled to strike down a gerrymander scheme that would have redrawn the state’s congressional map in favor of Democrats.

In an order on Friday, the U.S. Supreme Court’s rejection had “no dissents,” NBC News reported.

Virginia Gov. Abigail Spanberger (D) responded to the rejection by claiming that the Court had “joined the Supreme Court of Virginia in choosing to nullify an election.”

“The Supreme Court of the United States has now joined the Supreme Court of Virginia in choosing to nullify an election and the votes of more than three million Virginians,” Spanberger wrote in a post on X. “These Virginians made their voices heard — casting their ballots in good faith to push back against a President who said he’s ‘entitled’ to more seats in Congress before voters go to the polls.”

Keep reading

Walgreens Closing Chicago Location Due to Massive Theft, Local Political Leaders Who Enable the Crime Are Outraged

Walgreens has announced that it is closing a store in the Chatham neighborhood of Chicago. They claim that the store is losing upwards of a million dollars a year to theft, so the reason for the closure is no mystery. They say that this particular store loses more in theft than any other store.

And yet… The political leaders in Chicago, who allow thieves to run wild, are angry at Walgreens.

They caused this, with their soft on crime policies, yet they are mad at Walgreens for closing the location.

FOX 32 in Chicago reported:

Walgreens to close Chatham store after more than $1M loss, cites theft and declining sales

Walgreens executives revealed the store lost more than a million dollars last year, partly due to declining prescription sales but also a massive amount of store theft.

“Theft at this store is 16 percent,” Johnson said. “That’s four times above the company average.”

And the company explained that they tried to stop theft.

“Lock boxes help us protect the merchandise in the store. A lot of the time, those lock boxes were getting destroyed. And that’s at a great cost to the company,” said Jason Vasquez, Walgreens District Manager.

They say Walgreens was spending $400,000 a year on security guards in the store, but there were still attacks on store employees.

“We’ve had people jump across the counters, because we sell liquor behind the counter, taking liquor, cigarettes… That wears. That wears down. Not so much the financial piece but the endurance of that day in and day out,” said Lonnie Fuqua, the store’s manager.

Keep reading