’60 Minutes’ Explores UFOs

Venerable news program 60 Minutes devoted a significant portion of Sunday night’s broadcast to exploring incidents of Navy pilots witnessing unidentified aerial phenomena and the United States government’s recent acknowledgment of the issue. Amazingly, the nearly 15-minute-long segment, which can be seen in its entirety above and is transcribed here, was actually the first time the program has ever covered UFOs in its more than five decades on the air . The piece largely served as an explainer to the 60 Minutes audience who may have been unaware of the remarkable series of UFO-related events that have been unfolding since the late 2017 New York Times article that revealed a Pentagon program to study unidentified aerial phenomena.

During the segment, reporter Bill Whitaker spoke to former military intelligence official Lue Elizondo and former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, Christopher Mellon, about their concerns regarding what they see as the government’s unwillingness to take a critical look at the UAP issue and how they have been working to rectify that situation. Also interviewed were former Navy pilots Lieutenant Ryan Graves and Alex Dietrich as well as retired US Navy pilot commander David Fravor. All three former pilots recounted their personal experiences witnessing unidentified aerial phenomena, with Graves making the eye-brow raising statement that he saw UAPs “every day for at least a couple years.”

While UFO enthusiasts may have found most of the material in the segment to be a retread of information that has already been circulating in bits and pieces over the last three years, the show undoubtedly brought a sizeable portion of the public up to speed on the matter, which is something of a victory for those wishing for the subject to be taken more seriously. On that note, one particularly telling aspect of the program was that, unlike in the vast majority of instances wherein the mainstream media looks at UFOs, the phenomenon was given a sincere examination rather than being the subject of ridicule. Additionally, it is noteworthy that not once during the segment were the words “alien” or “extraterrestrial” uttered by anyone.

Keep reading

Ex-Navy pilot says UFOs were spotted DAILY for ‘A COUPLE YEARS’ as senator urges US to take phenomenon ‘seriously’

A former Navy pilot has claimed that encounters with unidentified flying objects were commonplace during his years of military service, as the US government finalizes a much-anticipated report on such sightings.

Once sequestered to the back pages of salacious tabloids, reports of UFOs, also known as UAPs (Unidentified Aerial Phenomena), have gone mainstream after the Pentagon confirmed the authenticity of leaked footage showing a US jet interacting with a mysterious object. Since then, the US military has opened up about the taboo subject. Last week, the Defense Department confirmed that a video of an incident that reportedly occurred off the California coast in 2019 was authentic. 

With footage of the bizarre phenomena now public, some service members who claim to have come in contact with UAPs have begun speaking to the media. 

In a new ‘60 Minutes’ report, former Navy pilot Lieutenant. Ryan Graves said that UAP sightings were part of his daily routine. Graves told the outlet that pilots training off the Atlantic Coast came in contact with unidentified objects “every day for at least a couple of years.”

Keep reading

British military have UFO videos just like infamous US Tic-Tac’ and MUST release them, says ex-MoD investigator

UFO videos just like the infamous US “Tic-Tac” clip are likely being held by the British military, an ex-MoD investigator has said.

Nick Pope, one of the world’s leading experts on UFOs, has called on the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to release information about its own unexplained encounters.

Mr Pope, who worked to investigate UFOs for the MoD in the 90s and worked in Whitehall until 2004, told The Sun Online now it is time for Britain to come clean about its role in investigating UFOs.

Britain was due to release a bombshell UFO dossier in January but this has now been blocked until 2072.

Keep reading

Marco Rubio is Taking UFOs Seriously and He Thinks You Should Too

Senator Marco Rubio believes the truth is out there and he wants to get past the UFO jokes to make sure the national security of the United States isn’t threatened in any way, he told Newsweek.

“Dozens of men and women we have entrusted with the defense of our country are telling us about encounters with unidentified aircraft with capabilities we do not fully understand,” Rubio said in exclusive comments ahead of a 60 Minutes interview that will air this weekend. “We cannot allow the stigma of UFO’s to keep us from seriously investigating these encounters.”

UFOs, long dismissed and relegated to movies about aliens visiting earth and breathless message board posts, have begun to shed the farce label in recent years after the release of footage of high-profile U.S. military encounters with aircraft of unknown origin.

The 2019 leaked photos and video taken by U.S. Navy personnel of one such encounter, which showed triangle shaped objects flying through the air, were confirmed as authentic by the Defense Department in April of this year. Even the name of the objects — the branding if you will — has been revamped when discussed by the U.S. government, getting away from UFOs, to unidentified aerial phenomena, or UAPs.

Keep reading

Starlink Satellites Launch Sparks Fears of ‘Alien Invasion’ on US West Coast, Media Says

This week’s SpaceX launch puts the total number of Starlink satellites orbiting Earth at over one thousand.

A recent SpaceX launch has apparently caused quite a commotion in Los Angeles when the rocket’s payload reached orbit and became visible to those on the ground.

According to TMZ, the ensuing spectacle, which appeared as “string of lights moving across the sky in unison”, left many onlookers in LA puzzled and somewhat uncertain about what exactly they were witnessing.

As the media outlet points out, however, the objects spotted in the sky were no UFOs but rather the result of a Falcon 9 rocket delivering some 60 Starlink satellites in orbit earlier this week, with the total number of these satellites circling our planet now exceeding 1,000.

Keep reading

DoD Inspector General to Evaluate Pentagon’s Handling of UFOs

In an intriguing turn of events, the Inspector General for the Department of Defense has announced plans to conduct an evaluation of how the Pentagon has responded to the UFO phenomenon. The forthcoming endeavor was revealed in a memo issued by the oversight office on Monday and quickly caught the attention of UFO enthusiasts when word of the decision spread throughout the community on Tuesday morning. The announcement from the IG somewhat vaguely states that they intend to “determine the extent to which the DoD has taken actions regarding Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP).” The memo goes on to say that “we may revise the objective as the evaluation proceeds, and we will consider suggestions from management for additional or revised objectives.”

Additionally, it indicates that “we will perform the evaluation at the Offices of the Secretary of Defense, Military Services, Combatant Commands, Combat Support Agencies, Defense Agencies, and the Military Criminal Investigative Organizations.” Receiving the memo were a myriad of high-ranking DoD personnel including the Chairman of the Joint Cheifs of Staff as well as the directors of both the Defense Intelligence Agency and National Security Agency. As is so often the case when it comes to the UFO phenomenon and the United States government, this latest development brings with it far more questions than answers, including what exactly prompted the decision to launch an evaluation in the first place as well as what, if anything, might come of it.

Keep reading

Pentagon Confirms Recently Leaked UFO Photos & Video Are Genuine

In a rather remarkable admission, the Pentagon has confirmed that recently leaked photos and a video of UFOs are, in fact, genuine. The tantalizing trio of images, which were published by the website Mystery Wire earlier this month, show three unknown objects which were spotted and photographed by a Navy pilot back on March 4th, 2019. Meanwhile, the footage features a puzzling pyramid-shaped craft of some kind which was filmed by personnel aboard the USS Russell off the coast of San Diego in July of 2019 and came to light last week via filmmaker and frequent C2C guest Jeremy Corbell. As is customary in the world of UFO studies, the nature of the objects seen in the photos and video has been the subject of considerable debate.

However, one aspect of the story surrounding the materials has been authenticated as Pentagon spokeswoman Sue Gough reportedly issued a statement saying that, indeed, they do show unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) that were captured by Navy personnel in 2019. Alas, she did not provide any further insight into the oddities, explaining that “to maintain operations security and to avoid disclosing information that may be useful to potential adversaries, DOD does not discuss publicly the details of either the observations or the examinations of reported incursions into our training ranges or designated airspace, including those incursions initially designated as UAP.”

Keep reading

Ex Air Force Officer Says They Faked Alien Contact Experiences & Are “Probably Still Doing It”

It’s great to see that this topic is being taken seriously and is no longer considered taboo, because one thing is for sure–it has  been taken seriously by government agencies for decades yet it’s still shrouded in secrecy.

As you can image, with all of this information comes a lot of stories and a lot of disinformation. On top of that, for years, we’ve been subjected to an “official campaign of ridicule and secrecy” (Ex-CIA Director Roscoe Hillenkoetter) on the subject. For UFO enthusiasts today, the field is no doubt still filled with disinformation, fake stories and more that seem to stem from some people either profiting off of it or who are perhaps part of what could be a highly intelligent disinformation campaign that’s still in operation today.

This was Richard Doty’s  specialty, apparently. As a former Air Force special investigations officer, his job was to spread disinformation about the UFO phenomenon, a subject that he knew was very real.

He has admitted to infiltrating UFO circles, and his colleagues joined him as they often fed ufologists lies and half truths. This is something I believe is still occurring within the UFO community–multiple disinformation campaigns that are now perhaps more sophisticated as well as a number of frauds who are sharing their ‘experiences’ when they’ve really had none.

As far as Doty’s identity, UFO researcher Alejandro Rojas wrote a piece for the Huffington Post in 2014 linking some very interesting documents regarding one of Doty’s misinformation missions, one of which he also speaks about in the interview below. The Guardian has confirmed his identity, as do these videos. But what really did it for me was Hal Puthoff’s response to this well-known UFO researcher.

Keep reading