
Get yours HERE!

Get yours HERE!
Ohio’s Senate president is pushing back against criticism of a bill that would scale back parts of a voter-approved marijuana legalization law, claiming that the legislation does not disrespect the will of the electorate and would have little impact on products available in stores.
“My definitive message is: If you want to go purchase marijuana products from a licensed dispensary, that is going to be unchanged by Senate Bill 56,” Senate President Rob McColley (R) said on a podcast posted on Friday. “The only difference you’ll notice is the packaging may not look as appealing to children, but you’ll still be able to buy the same products.”
McColley was speaking on a The President’s Podcast, produced and published by Ohio Senate Republicans. He and host John Fortney, the communications director for the Senate GOP caucus, spent the first half of the podcast defending SB 56, which would amend the cannabis law passed by voters in November 2023.
Among other changes, the bill would halve the number of plants that adults could grow, add new criminal penalties around cannabis conduct and remove select social equity provisions in the law.
The Senate approved the proposal on a 23–9 vote last week.
Critics, such as Sen. Bill DeMora (D), who spoke against the measures on the Senate floor, contend that the plan “goes against the will of the voters and will kill the adult industry in Ohio.”
Fortney began the podcast by acknowledging “a lot of controversy around Senate Bill 56,” asserting that “all it did was preserve access to what the voters approved in November of 2023, the initiated marijuana statute, and put some safety and security parameters around it for—of all things, Mr. President—children.”
“The far left, the Democrat narrative, the narrative of the legacy media, has been, ‘Republicans are trying to take away what the voters approved,’ which is patently false,” Fortney continued. “What a lie.”
The Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) resumed automatic voter registrations on Feb. 27, saying it had strengthened the system to prevent the registration of noncitizens.
Oregon Gov. Tina Kotek in October 2024 ordered a pause of the process after an audit discovered some individuals were automatically registered to vote despite not providing proof of U.S. citizenship. Officials later disclosed they’d identified additional individuals, taking the total to about 1,600.
The DMV said it has strengthened its system to minimize the risk of more noncitizens and others who have not provided proof of citizenship being registered. This includes hiring a voter registration integrity analyst and modifying the internal interface, which the agency says will reduce the likelihood of DMV staff selecting the wrong option.
Since the pause was imposed, the DMV has sampled new records and manually compared them with information collected from customers. The DMV said that no new mistaken registrations have been found so far.
“We believe these enhanced processes and permanent system changes, along with DMV’s observations and measurements regarding their effectiveness, provide adequate confidence that data integrity … is sufficient to reinstitute the process,” Deloitte, which the governor hired to review the system, said in a report.
“As a partner to Oregon’s Secretary of State, Oregon DMV is proud of the role it plays in helping U.S. citizens engage in our elections,” Oregon DMV Administrator Amy Joyce said in a statement. “We will continue our work to ensure the Oregon Motor Voter process is more secure and reliable than ever.”
The Oregon Secretary of State’s Office is also trying to prevent noncitizen voter registration.
The office said it has added more steps, including a daily confirmation step.
“The new protections we are adding today will help us catch and fix government data entry errors faster. These are first steps, focused on getting the fundamentals right. I will continue to dig into the system and take action whenever I can to strengthen our voter rolls and prevent future mistakes. Our highest priority is – and must always be – protecting the integrity of Oregonians’ fair, secure, and accessible elections,” Oregon Secretary of State Tobias Read said in a statement.
A Texas judge has shot down the Republican state attorney general’s attempt to block a local marijuana decriminalization law that voters approved at the ballot last November.
On Friday, 134th Civil District Court Judge Dale Tillery denied a motion for temporary injunction from Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) that sought to undermine the local law by allowing continued enforcement of cannabis criminalization in the state’s third most populous city.
The one-page order from the judge states: “Upon consideration of the pleadings, the application, responses, evidence, and oral arguments presented, if any, the Court finds that the application is hereby DENIED.”
This comes about a month after the Dallas Police Department instructed officers to stop arresting or citing people for possession of up to four ounces of marijuana, in accordance with the voter-approved ballot initiative.
Paxton had filed a lawsuit with the intent to invalidate the law just weeks after the November vote. It’s one of several examples of the state official attempting to leverage the court system to reverse local cannabis reform efforts.
Numerous Texas cities have enacted local decriminalization laws in recent years, and, last January, the attorney general similarly sought to block the reform in Austin, San Marcos, Killeen, Elgin and Denton.
State district judges dismissed two of the lawsuits—which argue that state law prohibiting marijuana preempts the local policies—in Austin and San Marcos. The city of Elgin reached a settlement, with the local government pointing out that decriminalization was never implemented there despite voter approval of the initiative.
Dallas lawmakers formally put the marijuana decriminalization initiative on the ballot in August after activists turned in sufficient petitions for the reform. Cannabis icon and music legend Willie Nelson had urged Dallas voters to pass the marijuana measure.
Prior to last August’s vote on ballot placement, some members of the Dallas City Council had expressed interest in streamlining the process of decriminalizing cannabis by acting legislatively, but plans to introduce the proposal at a hearing in June did not materialize, leaving the matter to voters.

In August 2024, The Gateway Pundit’s Patty McMurray first reported on a Democrat-funded voter registration group accused of turning in hundreds of suspected fraudulent voter registrations—this time in Ohio!
** You can read the full TGP August report here.**
The Gateway Pundit discovered that a group called Black Fork Strategies, which operates across the state of Ohio, was being investigated by the Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose over another alleged fraudulent voter registration campaign.
On their website, Black Fork Strategies brags about registering a stunning 125,000+ voters in Ohio since 2018.
The Hamilton County Board of Elections has turned over several suspicious voter registration applications Ohio Secretary of State’s Public Integrity Division.
According to Hamilton County Board of Elections members, the voter registrations in question were recently turned in by the self-described “progressive” voter registration organization Black Fork Strategies.
In the video below, Hamilton County Director of Elections Sherry Poland discusses three issues she identified with voter registrations tied to Black Fork Strategies, which she claims is running voter registration drives throughout the state of Ohio.
In one example, Ms. Poland explained how they received a voter registration from Black Fork Strategies, and the name of the registrant was ‘Henry Kissinger.’
“We did do a match, the voter registration database as compared to the DMV database, and it was a mismatch on every item listed, any identifying information listed on this registration form. So we again asked Black Fork Strategies for the canvasser who submitted this registration form, and that is on your summary sheet.”
President Donald Trump delivered remarks to the National Governor’s Association on Friday night in Washington DC.
According to The Hill, the assembled governors included Democratic Govs. Josh Shapiro of Pennsylvania, Wes Moore of Maryland, Andy Beshear of Kentucky, Jared Polis of Colorado, and Kathy Hochul of New York, as well as Republican Govs. Brian Kemp of Georgia, Mike DeWine of Ohio, Sarah Huckabee Sanders of Arkansas, Kim Reynolds of Iowa, Mike Braun of Indiana and DeSantis.
During his speech to the governors President Trump told the gathered leaders that they must switch to paper ballots and same-day voting.
President Donald Trump: One other thing, just before we leave, I think you should do this. For safety and security and for the good of our nation, you should do it anyway, regardless, even if it costs 10 times more, but it actually costs you just a tiny fraction.
If you went to paper ballots in you’re voting, and I would hope that every Republican would. So it costs exactly 8% of what the machines cost. These machines, they got something going. They They get business. It’s amazing. So paper ballots, and paper is very sophisticated today. Paper, it’s called watermark. It’s impossible to copy, impossible to cheat. It’s actually hard to believe that a piece of paper is highly sophisticated, but it’s watermark, and it’s amazing, actually, when you see it. You can’t cheat.
But if you went to paper ballots and same-day voting, and if you went to voter ID, and also one other thing, you want a proof of citizenship. Those four things, proof of citizenship, voter ID, paper ballots, one-day voting. And if you went to two-day voting or three-day voting. But some of these states, you had 64 days. California just finished up just a short while ago.
They were voting a week and a half ago. They’re trying to finish them up. And other states, too. They were weeks after the election. I mean, if that were a close election, you’d have to wait for weeks and weeks and weeks. You got to finish fast, Brian. Thank you for your help. We did very well in Georgia. It was very nice. But some of these states, if you had a close election, you wouldn’t know who won. And then once that happens, then you really never know who won.
But you would save tens of millions of dollars, forgetting about right, wrong, and security, safety, our country, our Constitution, and all of this. Number one, you’d have a much safer election. Number two everybody. You know the results of your election by 10: 00. Everybody. It’s a beautiful system. It’s boxes of 5,000. Boom, boom. And you can go and examine each box. It’s so simple and so good.
I did ask Elon because he knows more about computers than anybody. And I said, What do you think of the voting system? He said, Computers are not meant for voting. It’s just not a good… It’s too many transactions taking place too quickly.
It’s just not… He said, Honestly… And I’ve gone to the best people, the smartest computer minds from MIT from others. My uncle was a professor for 41 years at MIT and a brilliant guy. And I got to know a lot of the people up there, and they will tell you that the most secure way that you can secure the election, and probably the fastest way, because there can be very little hanky panky, is paper ballots. Can you believe So I hope, Sarah, that certainly the Republican governors. But if you want to save a lot of money, you go to paper ballots. It’ll cost you 8% of what the costs are now. And that’s based on a good deal for machines.
And then when you go through the days and weeks and months of waiting,
France had mail-in ballots. Any time you have mail-in ballots, you’re going to have fraud without question. And France had it, and they went back to paper ballots. And I saw their election, and their election was over at nine o’clock, and their numbers came in at 10: 05. There were no complaints. They had a winner, they had a loser.
39 million votes, and it was done. We’re one of the only people that has now mail-in voting, one of the only countries that has mail-in voting.
A staggering 800,000 non-citizens could reportedly be voting soon in New York City elections, as a court is considering legislation this week that would allow them to register to vote ahead of the city’s elections.
A top New York court is set to hear arguments regarding the matter on Tuesday, according to a report by Politico. This comes after an appellate court struck down Democrats’ efforts to permit non-citizens to vote last year.
If the initiative by Democrats is successful, around 800,000 non-citizens living in New York City will be allowed to vote in city-level elections, such as the upcoming mayoral election this November, the report noted.
Advocates of the legislation that would let non-citizens cast ballots are arguing that these residents are being unfairly taxed.
“In five City Council districts, non-U.S. citizens make up about a third of the adult population,” attorneys reportedly wrote in a filing. “These New Yorkers pay billions in taxes and yet have no say in local policies on public safety, garbage collection, or housing — all matters that affect their day-to-day lives.”
New York City Republicans, meanwhile, remain nonplussed, reminding those involved that the state’s constitution specifically states that voting rights are granted to “every citizen.”
“It’s hard to discuss because it’s crazy it’s even an issue,” New York State Sen. Andrew Lanza (R-24th Senate District) told Politico, adding, “Citizens ought to vote. If you’re not a citizen of a country, you should not have a say.”
On November 24, at the southeastern frontier of the European Union and NATO, Romanian voters delivered an unexpected victory to a rightwing populist named Călin Georgescu in the opening round of the country’s presidential election. Always considered a longshot, Georgescu had been polling in the single digits just weeks before surging to claim first place with 23 percent of the vote. The result shocked Romania’s two dominant parties, who found themselves on the sidelines as Georgescu campaigned for the runoff against another anti-establishment candidate who came in second place, Elena Lasconi of the reformist Save Romania party.
Then, on December 4, four days before the deciding round was to take place, Romania’s Supreme Defense Council (CSAT) released a small clutch of heavily redacted documents from the country’s foreign intelligence service. The documents outlined allegations of a Kremlin-backed social media campaign that supported Georgescu in violation of national election laws. “Data were obtained,” the accompanying government statement read, “revealing an aggressive promotion campaign that exploited the algorithms of some social media platforms to increase the popularity of Călin Georgescu at an accelerated pace.”
Within hours, the U.S. State Department expressed its “concern” over the allegations. Two days later, on December 6, Romania’s Constitutional Court unanimously ruled the November 24 vote invalid. “The entire electoral process for electing the President of Romania is annulled,” the court announced, citing government claims of irregularities on social media. Six weeks passed before a redo date of May 4 was finally announced on January 16.
While accusing Elon Musk of interfering in the upcoming German election, Former European Commissioner Thierry Breton said if the AfD (Alternative for Germany) were to win the election, the European Union could cancel the result just as they did in Romania.
Breton declared in Orwellian fashion that “Freedom of expression is a fundamental element in Europe,” and then he went on to give the example of Romania, where the elections on December 8 were annulled, suggesting that the same thing could happen in Germany. This is the first admission by a European leader that the election in Romania was cancelled at the behest of the European Union.
His admission contradicts the official narrative that the presidential election was stopped by the Romanian judiciary. “Let’s apply our laws in Europe when they risk being circumvented and when they can, if not applied, lead to interference. We did it in Romania and, obviously, we will have to do it, if necessary, in Germany,” Breton said.
You must be logged in to post a comment.